Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin Employee Reviews in United States

Goodwill
Talent Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greendale, WIApril 19, 2016
Goodwill is a great organization. It's nice working for a place where you can see the mission in action. I just wish there was more opportunity for growth.
Decent salary. Management style and effort not very effecient or helpful.
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Great Lakes Naval Training Center, ILFebruary 13, 2016
Goodwill is helpful in providing opportunities to people who may have some types of disabilities. Management seems only to be interested in their positions. They show little care or concern about regular employees. I worked at Uniform Issue, which involved handing out uniforms to new recruits at Great Lakes Naval Base. Hardest part of job was a feeling of little job security. Enjoyed working with naval recruits. I had a feeling that I was doing my part to help my country.
Pros
Adequate salary, Clean working enviroment, got along very well with co-workers.
Cons
Feeling that management was not willing to give support if needed, forced us to take a health insurance plan that was substandard and very expensesive.
Great if your in school with little to none resposibility
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kenosha,WIApril 18, 2015
A typical day consists of running hardline/soft line and ringing customers up. I learned how to adapt to different rules from every mgr. Management sucks they never communicate and they never help but always complain and they treat employees according to how there personal life is going that day. Some co-worker are helpful but most very young/messy. The most stressful part of the job is the mangers and the most enjoyable are the customers!
Pros
Check
Cons
Stress
Fun and good place to work. Great company.
Production Associate for Secondary Markets (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMarch 31, 2015
I liked the type of work I was doing there. it was fun and exciting to see what items came back from all the store and all the donations.
Fast paced, challenging, and rewarding
Retail Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WisconsinJune 23, 2014
Worked as a Retail Coordinator at the Waukesha store. Great coworkers and managers, challenging and engaging job. You will stay busy and pitch in where needed, this is NOT a "hands off" job. Pay is fair for the work you do, and benefits are good. The process for advancement is poor, you must go through a very lengthy and involved process regardless of your job performance. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
pay, benefits, helping others
Cons
advancement process, work can be exhausting
Productive place to work
Production Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 3, 2013
Go to work, make sure what was running for the day was correct, Performed hourly quality inspections, was in charge of 15 to 20 employees at a time
Pros
forklift
Productive and caring place to work.
Fair (Current Employee) –  91st and FonDulacMarch 8, 2012
Goodwill is a fair and caring company. They treat their employess fairly. Goodwill also ofers employees a chance for advancement .