Position Title: Employment Services Specialist
Job Development (Solano County)
Position Purpose: To be able to develop employment opportunities to participants and people of the community. To be able to train participants and the people of the community how to find and keep a job
Department: Workforce Development
Reports to: Manager of Work Experience Services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following responsibilities,
accomplished with or without reasonable accommodation, are essential to this position.
1. Job Development and Job Placement experience required.
2. Review and assess readiness of referred clients for employment services and develop Individual Employment Plan.
3. Facilitate workshop, design, and delivery of professional development training workshops as needed.
4. Develop employment sites by contacting prospective employers.
5. Maintain computerized system for record keeping and tracking employers, participant activity, retention and results.
6. Research information to stay informed on labor market trends.
7. Experience with internal and external barriers that effects formerly incarcerated, homeless, and socially economic disadvantaged population.
8. Develop competitive job opportunities for participants and direct employment placements.
9. Provide job retention services to participants.
10. Create and maintain participant files.
11. Track placements of participants on a daily and weekly basis and give results to Administrative Assistant.
12. Responsible for facilitating Job Search workshops, and Job Services to Participants and to Direct Employment clients seeking competitive employment.
11 Other duties as assigned
1. High School Diploma and or GED
2. Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be organized
4. Job Development and Placement experience required with an understanding of disability-related issues and resources
5. Experience working with diverse population
6. Reliable transportation required
7. Valid California Class C driver’s license, vehicle insurance and an acceptable driving record with ability to travel in the general Bay area with own transportation.
8. Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
9. Professional Appearance required.
10. Must possess good communication skills, both written and verbal
11. Must have basic computer skills and able to use Microsoft Office Applications
Ability to work effectively with diverse population; must be knowledgeable in employment practices. Outside/ inside work, sitting, walking, stooping, and bending. Ability to work Monday- Friday, 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m, with some weekends/or evenings, occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
1. Ability to work independently and as part of a team, to lead, self-motivated, take initiative, follow-through and complete tasks on time.
2. Ability to be resourceful, dependable, and patient and a positive role model for staff and clients.
3. Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing; bilingual (English/Spanish) desirable.
4. Sound knowledge of good records management and control.