Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Found 7,864 reviews matching the search
Food service
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 29, 2017
I loved this job love working with the high school kids it was an okay job great benefits 401k it was most definitely something different and out of my confront zone but i liked it an lot
Great place.
Being cashier (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CaMarch 29, 2017
Goodwill is a great place to work at. Making new friends and learn lots of new skills for yourself to suceed more in life. Management are really nice and help you a lot to understand on how the process works.
production fun work place
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 28, 2017
Goodwill industries is a good place to work if you're starting over in life at a workplace, they offer alot of benefits such as housing placement, etc
Its not all that great.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canton, ILMarch 28, 2017
I'm not going to sit here and "review" my current job with 150 characters as a minimum. I just want an at home job, is that really to much to ask for?
productive and fun work place
Sales Associate/Donated Goods Processor (Current Employee) –  Normal, ILMarch 28, 2017
Made sure the team and I produced the items such as clothing, wares items, toys, shoes, media, and electronics properly. Often ran the cash register as well .
Pros
breaks
Cons
bathrooms
Luv job people freinds clothes discounts running register meeting people and making them smile
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNMarch 28, 2017
I loved my job the people you they help the disabled find work had a awesome team enjoyed customers rearranging the store exchange money help people shop to their satisfaction atmosphere was good great smiles laughs and great bosses hate I'm no longer there. 😘😘😘
Definitely the best job I've ever had stress free for the most part and luv working with people. Team worked and played hard together.
Pros
People friendly environment great sales room to advance
Awesome place to work.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PAMarch 28, 2017
This was my most enjoyable part-time job I ever had. Company is VERY well managed & will work around your schedule. Employees & management are all easy going & are all willing to jump in & help out when needed.
Pros
Great environment.
Cons
Its only part-time & Min. wage.
Its an ok job
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMarch 28, 2017
First job it was ok I love to work hard and I learn fast and quick. I also love my kids and wife im currently looking for a job if anyone will let me bring my experience to them i would like to try the cargo vans
Pros
Discount
Cons
Buy food and drinks
Great company to work for
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSMarch 28, 2017
Great place to work. Great work environment, good benefits and easy for advancement. If you can get full time management hours that is the best. Part time hours and pay you can struggle. Loved my time with this company and was sad to leave.
Pros
Great work environment, fast paced
Cons
pay is average, schedule rotates to much to have home life
Hours were comfortable with flexible break time
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Swarthmore, PA 19081March 27, 2017
I started my work days early, always on time.The management was OK, I got along with my supervisors very well. I got along with my coworkers and that made it easy to come in. Goodwill radio played some of my favorite songs and that always made the time flow faster and smoother. Seeing the regulars come in was nice. Some people come in every day and we always had nice words to say. When it got crowded it was a mess because you had to stock the racks while people were shopping, and some of the kids would be all over the place, ducking in and out of the racks.That was generally how it went.
Pros
Supervisors were understanding
Cons
Hanging clothes when it was crowded

Want to know more about Goodwill Industries?

Ask a question
i was a file clerk
Filing Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2017
it was a fun job i learn alot on filing and being organized and getting the job done. wish i could done more for the company but my contract ended and completed my project with the company.
Pros
fun place to work for
Awesome work environment
Behavior Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 27, 2017
I had a great time during my almost 5 years with this company. They offer great benefits, great hours and great experience opportunities. The management is some of the best I've ever been a part of.
Pros
benefits, pay and experience
Cons
n/a
Great entry level position
Career Case Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 27, 2017
This has been a great job to get started in the social work field. It is data extensive but you get used to it after a while. The environment is great and coworkers are always helpful.
Fun productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNMarch 27, 2017
working at goodwill not only helped me advance in my customer service career but also let me get a look at the requirements of a manager, as most nights I would be asked to help with all of the closing requirements.
Great place to start your career!
Career Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 27, 2017
Very friendly, open-door policy management styled company. Customer service skills are a must as you interact with residents of Baltimore City and surrounding areas.
Most enjoyable part of working here has been seeing the many success stories develop from the companies participants.
Average workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2017
Goodwill is great because they give opportunities to most people, but the management takes advantage of these workers and places them in positions they are not being paid for.
Fun Place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 27, 2017
I typically did donations i would greet the person donating & help them unload their donations. I learned that people donate alot of things to goodwill daily. The workplace enviromant was a positive enviroment.
good work area
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 27, 2017
people you work with are helpful easy to work for. good starter good or even long term really good place to work for they help you a lot on anything car work
Cons
It's a fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMarch 27, 2017
A relax safe workplace. People at Goodwill tend to get alone,most of the time.Safety is always main focus,as well as respect and the way you treat your coworkers.
Great place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Viewmont, NCMarch 27, 2017
It's great environment to work in, I enjoy the fast pace the movement but mostly because you get to interact with customers. Once you get the hang of it your good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

69%