Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Found 7,815 reviews matching the search
Rewarding job helping others
QUALITY ASSURANCE STAFF (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 21, 2017
I provided quality assurance for 10 programs to ensure compliance with auditing standards. I loved helping both the staff and clients achieve excellence.
Loved it at the lacey Goodwill
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAMarch 21, 2017
Loved working at the Lacey Goodwill. There was always something to do I was never just standing around.the mushroom farm smelled really bad tho. I was very sad when I had to leave.
Good quality
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 21, 2017
It was summer employment, not really what I expected doing paper work but it was a job. Friendly staff very knowledgeable, im just trying to build up my working history
Great Team!
Workforce Development Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 21, 2017
My job offers no advancement and I am stagnating. The team is great but I feel as though I am not being invested in at all.

I like the teams that I have interacted with and appreciate the friendliness of most of the staff.
Pros
Great Teams!
Cons
Benefits are not that great, advancement seems hard, raises are set.
ok
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 21, 2017
A starting point if you have nothing. I worked with a lot of people that had felonies and getting out of jail.
There are some interesting people that work there.
Pros
Cons
Very Low pay
Hard work with multiple opportunities for advancement
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMarch 21, 2017
At Goodwill, you are required to work hard, and perform to the best of your ability. However, the company is very much interested in helping you advance, and will give you many chances to do so if you thrive on doing work to the best of your ability.

Goodwill seemed to care about its workers in a way that I'd never seen before in a workplace. For that reason, I'd recommend the company to anyone who wants to gain experience and move up on the ladder of success.
Pros
Livable wage, good management, advancement opportunities
Cons
High-stress environment
great people but too much drama
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMarch 21, 2017
I enjoy all of our customers because we had a wide variety of people who come in. There was drama that went on in our management and the sales associates got sucked into their drama. Management also didn't listen well to new ideas that could make the job as a whole easier. My typical day at Goodwill consists of putting out racks of clothes and misplaced items and also checking customer service out while having the knowledge of all of our prices.
Pros
Lenient uniform
Cons
short breaks and couldnt recieve overtime
Not a realistic work setting / enviorment
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAMarch 21, 2017
It was a great opportunity for learning new tools. And skill as far car but overall not worth they pay lack of communication on everyone end very poor work ethic rediculous store prices etc
Pros
Nun
Cons
To many
Productive, nice place to work if you only need something to get out of the house
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TX 76548March 21, 2017
Typical day consisted of putting product on the racks or shelves to sell, take payments for sold items, answering the phone and provide information to client. Keeping the store clean. I really liked interacting with people. This is a temporary job for someone who wants to work or to get a start in in the work field.
good job, good hours, good benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 21, 2017
great benefits but have to deal with some strange people and co-workers aren't always the most self-motivated people. they offer scholarships and other financial aids. they also give paid time off and regular scheduled raises
Pros
great benefits, 40hr/wk + available overtime
Cons
strange interactions with customers, theft problem
Sales/Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 21, 2017
Goodwill Industries would definitely not be my first choice of employment. While employed there I realized that there was almost no sort of organization management can be very unhelpful at times when the store is busy. The higher level of management (Not the store manger) is not the most understanding individual & you definitely get a bad vibe off of him at times. But I will say that there is room to grow with the company, it also has great benefits, & the customers are very friendly.
fun place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 21, 2017
was cashier loved interacting with people stocked racks cleaned floors was a great place to work co-workers where very nice and managers very helpful very busy on sale day sometimes very short handed on cashiers
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
the pay
Productive,fun and easy to learn
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 21, 2017
I worked at Goodwill Industries for 12 weeks as a temporary production associate. The job required me to assemble feet for the Mayberry Chest Assembly in essence a card board pallet. I would invariably work alone but sometimes I was asked to help people with their jobs as well. Also I sorted & culled donations for redistribution to the stores.
Pros
Good learning experience and the people are easy to get along with.
Cons
It wasn't enough hours
Very productive
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMarch 21, 2017
It was a really good work place there was always friendly customers and it was a relaxing job the hours were good management was good always on top of everything
Pros
Good environment to work in friendly customers
Cons
It was really dusty
Fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAMarch 21, 2017
I enjoyed working with all employees but especially with special needs employees. Moved up in to management very quickly. It depends on how you work not who you know
Pros
Fun place
Benefits
Very Good Environment
Cashier/Donation attendant (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 20, 2017
Management works very hard to make sure their employees are comfortable at work and they resolve problems very quickly. They are very professional. A great company to work for.
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 20, 2017
Goodwill is a great place to work. The people there really care about what they are trying to accomplish and you can feel how important that is to everyone there.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Hard Job
hard work not easy managment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 20, 2017
long hours with short breaks, adc carry heavy items constantly, strict about schedule, salary is at minimum,dont give raise ,short temper., hard to get along with costumers.
If you want learn about sells and customers it is fine.
Donation Attendant/Retail (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMarch 20, 2017
Just a typical day at work sometimes its fun and sometimes it isn't. But it is a good place to learn. For me I had a problem with the supervisor who change everything the first two supervisors had done for me.
Pros
Teaches you about customer service.
Cons
Short breaks, and sometimes the work is not easy
very good running organization
Chasier (Former Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNMarch 20, 2017
good staff and people. the place is set up really nice in forest lake too. managers would sometimes come on a little bit to hard. workers there are so nice.
Pros
nice brakes
Cons
manegers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.