Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Found 7,567 reviews matching the search
Great work experience
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Great hours, great benefits ,room for growth to get promoted annual raises and helping people with disabilities to grow as successful individuals to further develop their independence .Management was supportive with employment
Pros
Great hours
Don't Waste Your Time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2017
The management is two-faced, backstabbing, hypocrites.
Most all the adultery that goes on is within management.
The folks who are hired off the street are unskilled and focus only on what they can steal.
People with mental and physical disabilities are worked like dogs.
A really bad place to work at.
Pros
Halfway decent pay
Cons
Everything else
Goodwill
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 20, 2017
It's goodwill, so people donate stuff and the store resells it and you are responsible for whatever job duties were assigned when you were hired.
Im not very happy about the situations that i have witnessed at goodwill industries
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAFebruary 20, 2017
My work days were no fun from the time you walk in there the management had no idea what is going on in the back of the warehouse. The lead foreman is suppose to make sure you know your job and not treat you as a slave getting yelled at is not fun. I was very disappointed the way management handled those situations.What i have learned from my experience there is,definitely
you should stand up for yourself do not let yourself be bullied by anyone.There was really nothing hard about the job except how people are treated and how management did not do their job properly all in all if they switched a couple people in management and got rid of the foreman that they have in the warehouse it would be a great place to work.
Pros
people are layed back
Cons
foreman mistreating handicapped people
Forklift
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 19, 2017
Forklift load.load the truck up fix on the forklift sometimes was a good worker was at work on time have my own car need to be there for my son that's what I'm living for
Fine
Keyholder/ Management (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 19, 2017
I enjoyed my job very much but the people in the corporate were so hostile I had to leave. You have to be able to complete change everythinf at the drop of a hat, have a thivk skinn and be patient with the customers
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Short breaks, hostile environment
Good people and enviroment
Book Processor (Former Employee) –  22nd ave south and 37th streetFebruary 19, 2017
It was a very good job and would still be thete if my department did not close. Everyone was very friendly and always willing to help if they can. I actually enjoyed going to work every day
Pros
Wonderful people
Cons
Good benefits
Fun to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCFebruary 19, 2017
Fun to work for meet new people..
Pretty good company ...
Benefits
The management sucks tho...
Over all it's a good company to work for
super demanding manager
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAFebruary 18, 2017
poor management skills and did not allow to prove myself and used unprofessional languages at work. The manager did not know the job neither and I was the blame for her lack of knowledge.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
poor manager
Great clothes at very reasonable prices.
ADC/Production (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 17, 2017
Shopping here has its perks, but it has its flaws as well. We weren't perfect with our products, but we were an alternative for those who couldn't afford the standard retail prices for furniture and the like. We also got our fair share of...questionable things. It was definitely an enlightening experience to say the least.

Overall, everyone should seek out a Goodwill store. Don't pay hundreds of dollars for a tacky dress when you can pay only $13 for one.
Pros
Good prices, great flow of merchandise on weekends, unique items
Cons
Slow days can be counterproductive, low sales mean the higher ups could pay a visit...
productive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Elk River, MNFebruary 16, 2017
I did a lot of the work on my scheduled days.

I learned how to manage my time better and work well with customers.

The management was flexible and effective.

The hardest part of my job was holding the place up and keeping the store clean when I arrived at the store.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know pwople and making new friends.
Textiles Production
Grade and inspect clothing for store sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Non profit that are known for helping people through the power of change, well if a manager doesn't like you or they can't deal with your disability they will not keep you. Most greedy organization I have ever worked for.
Great first full time job
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Somers, NYFebruary 16, 2017
Although work days can be long they are rewarding. I have learned all aspects of running a retail donation/thrift store, including registers, pricing, opening and closing procedure and dealing with both employees and customers.
Terrible place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKFebruary 16, 2017
Goodwill is a terrible place to work. I was promised upon being hired that I would be reviewed quarterly for pay increases. I was there a year without a single review. I pointed this out as well as the fact that I couldn't even afford their insurance to our area manager Randy Patrom multiple times and was ignored regardless of how much I had improved our numbers. Not to mention the fact that as assistant manager I was started out at around 10-12 thousand dollars less than assistant managers start at with virtually any other company. And yet the local CEO was making a couple million a year. Not a good place to work. Upper management(area and district) are completely useless and don't care about their employees.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Horrible pay and terrible upper management
Good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 16, 2017
I met alot of good people at Goodwill on a day to day basis.they have good benefits,an they give u options to move up depending on your work ethic.I think its cool that so many people donate to Goodwill,so that some can reap from the benefits;especially the less fortunate.
Pros
benifits, vacation time, great people
Productive and nice place to work
Sale Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 16, 2017
I enjoyed working at Goodwill. Helping the customers was the best part. Always a friendly atmosphere to work in. Enjoyed sorting merchandise and using the cash register.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
Short breaks
It had potential
Back Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 16, 2017
I wish I could say better things about the store I worked at, but I think the company as a whole has very good intentions. If you are a high school student looking for some simple work, then this is the place for you. If you are trying to support yourself then look elsewhere, because the hourly wage you get is barely enough to cover food and even some smaller bills like a car payment. The management team I unfortunately had an encounter with was selfish and put almost everyone down that they talked to. No one really did anything "well" for out managers, and forbid if you didn't feel well! You heard about your poor performance every hour of every day.
It wasn't a bad place to work but how they treat people could be better.
Lead - Retail Store Worker (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHFebruary 16, 2017
I loved working there and loved what I did. I loved everyone I worked with and loved the customers. It wasn't a bad place just a lot of drama and how they treated people could've been better. I learned how to do a lot though. I ran the register, i hung clothes, worked the warehouse, did cash reports, cash deposits, i ran the store everyday, and made sure that everyone was doing what they was suppose to be doing.
Pros
The employees with worked with and the customers
Cons
How they treated people
fun work place
Custodian Worker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 16, 2017
working with disable people talking with other empolyee's about the oppunity the people have when they come to goodwill its a good work program for thee people without a job
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
no breaks
A great first job.
coustomer service (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 15, 2017
A typical day at work is different everyday, some slow some chaotic. I learned how to a register well, but you can learn multiple things to use in multiple jobs. Management are really great people, until they are stressed then they can get mean quickly. Workplace culture had real fun and great people and customers all the time. Hardest part was the first Saturday of the month, which was like Black Friday. The most enjoyable part is the customers and all their stories and fun habits.
Pros
Trains thoroughly, a manager is always on duty, and a fun place.
Cons
Can be boring, can be chaotic, and can have moody people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.