Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews in United States

Found 6,761 reviews matching the search
can be a great place to work but mangement changes to much
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 21, 2016
in 3 years and 3 stores in the I've had 7 managers and 9 assist managers and all problems that come with never getting to feel at home at your job. if your in production you get a great schedule and easy job and it comes with the whole 9 yards paid vacation, paid sick, health care and dental. but its not a good place at all for young people to work and they go out of their way to not promote internally but as fare job and good work life balance goes its great as long as you aren't looking to move up and are happy to work with an older crowd
Mission Driven
First-To-Work Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJuly 21, 2016
We work in teams as well as on our own assisting clients to achieve self sufficiency.

Seeing Clients succeed is the most rewarding.
Horrible
Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 21, 2016
I had a terrible experience here. Management has no respect whatsoever for their underlings. If you have any self respect RUN.
great jobs
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 21, 2016
this is a great way to build and create resume' i really enjoy the fact that indeed allows me to fill out applications and use them to easily apply for jobs
Great coworkers poor upper management
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 21, 2016
I was a Supervisor for 4 years. People there were great but the upper management notion much. Pay for the type of job not so good either
Pros
Co workers plus the customers
Cons
Pay and upper management
Giving Back
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 20, 2016
That's what I loved most about working for this company. Being of service to others. This is a good place to get started. They are a second chance employer.
Good for HSED and Special ED
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJuly 20, 2016
Take some time to advance but worth the pay, long hours and no holiday pay but start pay is good. great staff and very flexible. good for high school thru collage. good medical benifits if you make to management or full time
Pros
Free lunch on weekends
Cons
everything else
Goodwill Industries
Pricer /Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2016
Goodwill Industries is a great company to work for .They provide for a variety of different circumstances for their employees as well as customers. They are at times short handed but volunteers as well as other employees or management took up the slack. I worked at two and in both (Nasa,Heights) There was a family atmosphere. The employees wanting in most cases to assist you in jobs you are not proficient at .The diverse groups that work at all Goodwill's allows you to experience all walks of life and all types of personalities and many types of disabilities. This can only make you a better person for your experience in the Goodwill Environment. I enjoyed working as a pricer there. The pay scale is better if there is some kind of second income.
Their moneys go to helping people get jobs or re enter the workplace after medical or personal crisis .In the right circumstance a great Career not just Job.This is a second chance employer and it gives people who otherwise would not have a chance or feel they have no place some hope. The hardest part of job was putting a worth on some things that were donated And Personality conflicts that occasionally arose. The best part was feeling part of something that betters peoples life.
Pros
personal growth, cross training, advancement oppurtunity, insurance
Cons
Sceduling, personal
Positive and fun place to work
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 20, 2016
Great place to work. I enjoyed my employment at Goodwill Industries for the most part, however, I feel like there is little too much micromanagement and not enough praise to the good employees by upper management.
Pros
Great pay and benefits package.
Cons
Need for a little more "attaboys".
Working at The Goodwill Central Coast
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAJuly 20, 2016
Working at The Goodwill Central Coast has been such a great opportunity. I'm currently working with Goodwill central coast through the welfare to work program. I work Monday-Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm. In the mornings before the store opens I do quick recovery of the whole store which includes putting clothes back on the racks, restocking the shelves making sure things are in the right place. When the store opens I greet the guest tell the the sale of the day, offer them a basket and my assistance to let them know I am here if they need anything.
Pros
I really enjoy the work environment, the people also the hours are awesome
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 20, 2016
The management always looked out even when you didn't think that they would come through for you the co-workers were alot of fun and very funny they always knew what to say and when to say it but sometimes there were drama Queens there as well
Pros
Long breaks on.paydays
Cons
Drama and stress
Job Serach
Shoe cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJuly 19, 2016
A typical day at work is normal as always; cleaning up the store from the previous work day. Searching for any misplaced items and returning them to their spot. No matter what questions I may have, I end up asking them anyways. You never know until you ask. Asking questions is part of learning. You take what you learn and apply it throughout your careers. My co-workers are there to work too, it never hurts to point of someone's mistake. Giving advice to a co-workers also shows you want to help them learn just as you did the first day of the job. It's all about sportsmanship. The hardest part of a job is being rushed all at once, having 5 plus people in line waiting while having to restore boxes and refill shelves. The most enjoyable part of a job is making customers happy as well as enjoying your day the time you clock-in to the time you clock-out.
fun and alot of hardwork
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 19, 2016
while working at goodwill it was interesting. i came across alot of new people and things. the job became increasingly hard with the positions i held. the higher up you go the more you see the bad within the company and where even your managers are not working towards the mission of the company. i put all my effort into the mission while i was there and encouraged my staff to do the same.
Pros
nice people
Cons
worked 11 hours a day with no overtime or compansation
Productive work enviornment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 18, 2016
Everyone here is excellent to work with and what we do for the community is exceptional. Transforming Lives through the power of work is not just a mission statement to this company. It is definitely something that they live by.
Think again before accepting a position.
Management (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 18, 2016
There are serious issues with the leadership of this organization. There are other employee reviews that go into more detail about these issues. Read them and steer clear of here.
Pros
Wonderful clients
Cons
Exceptionally poor leadership/management
Productive and very fair work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Middlesboro, KYJuly 18, 2016
This is an awesome company to work for. I worked for this company for 12 1/2 yrs. When i left i removed my self from unfortunate circumstance. I luved my actually job and would always be willing to work for this company.
Friendly staff and flexible
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJuly 18, 2016
The staff is very welcoming and friendly. They answer any questions that I have that pertain to work and also are very hands on with training. Management and crew are very aware of "regulars" and do a great job with customer interactions. Goodwill provides a very comfortable work environment.
Pros
Provide snacks for break room
Being able to work 35 hours and more was very good.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJuly 18, 2016
Working with Goodwill Indutries made me mature in the customer service department. Dealing with impatient customers made me alot more patient and understood the human behavioral side of why they were impatient. Customer Service takes a lot of patience. Growing with this company helped me realize customers are special. Treat them with respect and being as kind as you can is what makes them feel better.
not really what you think
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 17, 2016
This job is ran poorly. I went through 10 managers/team leaders I learned goodwill is about the dollar in not what it truly stands for. I am thankful they worked around my schedule. however, I never received the raise that I work hard for
Pros
works around your shedule
Cons
doesn't give raises as promised
I did not enjoy working at this establishment.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 16, 2016
While there I was hurt on the job with the first week and from that point on the manager tried to provoke me in any way possible. including accuse me of stealing from my cash register. also Everyone in the work place had a stomach virus. Once I became ill my employment was terminated. And the starting pay was below minimum wage.