Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews in United States

Found 6,785 reviews matching the search
Not Good
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 28, 2016
District manager to harsh. Not enough pay. Didn't like anything but other employee's. No room for advancement. Couldn't move up in company.
wonderful community
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 28, 2016
The customers and employees are friendly and kind to one another Goodwill is very professional Goodwill also have a nice dress code would make you feel very comfortable
Pros
making good money
Cons
Great place for the customers.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJuly 28, 2016
Recycling unused donations.And bundling 1200 pounds of cloths every 30 minutes.I learned there are many shopping centers for people to shop at.Management does have experience in the work they do.They participate as much as they can.All different types of culture and background is employed.The hardest part of the job is when you have to work buy yourself. The most enjoyable is the chance to advance to a different position
Pros
Clothing discount
Cons
Working buy your self
Fast paced work environment.
Cahier Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJuly 28, 2016
I worked as a cashier clerk and my responsibilities included assisting customers, hanging clothes, and stocking supplies were necessary.
Cons
You usually had to stay longer than your shift.
Goodwill Industries is a great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 28, 2016
Productive and fun place to work. I know that Goodwill Industries is here to assist individuals that may be in need of employment or a veteran that may need housing or other assistance. Donations made by community members are put to good use.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Bookstore Attendent
ADC/ Book Store Attendant (Norco) (Current Employee) –  Norco, CAJuly 28, 2016
Set up store, prep money bags for pick up sort and stock books and put them on shelves maintain a clean work environment. Nice work environment fun and friendly staff.
there is nothing "good" about Goodwill
Cashier/Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 28, 2016
they don't care about their employees, the managers sit in the office and do nothing while everyone else busts their butts
Pros
met wonderful people
Cons
bad management
Interesting
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Fairhope, ALJuly 28, 2016
The job was good for three and a half years, after the store manager left things didn't go so well. The hardest part of the job was fixing items that were broken. My favorite part of the job was working with the other associates. A typical day at the job was taking in donations and throwing away the donations that couldn't be fixed and salvaging the donations that could be. My co-workers were great people to work with.
Pros
discounts on items
Cons
short breaks
No job security!
Career Services Trainer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 28, 2016
Was a good job helping people obtain employment, until I was laid off. I don't believe the CEO is on board with the mission of Goodwill. Also, lots of backbiting among employees.
good place for work
RN (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 28, 2016
I ' ll been working for a contract of 5 months. A good experience.
Good relations with another nurses.
Agood organization
Pros
pay gas if I have to move to another office
Cons
short breaks
Coordinator/Vocational Rehabilitation Services (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 27, 2016
I've been with Goodwill over 10 years and it has been a wonderful experience.

Good employees and management. Average pay. They take care of their employees.
Stocking and Customer Service
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2016
Receive donated goods from donors, assist donors with unloading cars and carrying donations. Provides receipts donors; organize donations Learned how to manage donated items. Management was helpful, and co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was working in the heat. I enjoyed helping customers.
Pros
Working with customers
cool customers
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2016
Sorted through clothing, books,etc. I learned to always check my pockets before donating clothes or household items. The hardest part were the high end clients who expected you to do everything for them. The most enjoyable was the awesome clients who showed appreciation.
clean
packer (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJuly 26, 2016
Learned to adjust to any type of environment and situation. And helped others in the work place how of smothered job right. Learned how to respect others.
Great Team
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 26, 2016
The position was an unpaid internship. It was wonderful working with the CEO. Since I was attending school full-time, they were able to work with my schedule, allowing me to work from home. A typical day consisted of researching the current design of the assigned magazine, and using elements from it to incorporate Goodwill's ad within it. The ad only consisted of what Goodwill has done to help the community in terms of employment. The most enjoyable part of the job was to keep in contact with the team to ensure their happiness and satisfaction with my work.
Pros
Flexibility
Fast paced working
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 26, 2016
This job requires safety, team work and heavy constant lifting.
Get to travel all over Oregon picking up orders for Goodwill.
Horrible Place to Work
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 25, 2016
There was no organization at all in this store!!!!!! A member of management was sexually harassing employees and when an individual reported him to the corporate office she was fired!!! I decided to just go to a female member of management who decided to laugh it off!!!angers come to work high on drugs, The store manager stated he sell drugs out of the store to make budget. Goodwill Peachtree Corners is a horrible place to work after six months of nobody listening to what was going on in this store I just quit.
Cons
Productive and a great workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2016
Overall I liked working at Goodwill, even though it was a temporary job I really enjoyed working there. The hardest part of the job was getting the trucks unloaded.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKJuly 25, 2016
One of my first jobs that taught me a lot about helping others and working as a team to get the job done. Never a dull moment in a workday, always a smile to be found.
Only been here 2 weeks more review later.
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Mabry,St. Tallahassee,Fla.July 25, 2016
I work at the mabry location as a cdl class A driver and my supervisor mr.jimmy cummigan is great and it takes time for a better review later.have not been working long enough for what you want to hear.