Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Found 7,347 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun
Processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2017
Awesome job. I would definitely do it again. Processing is the best thing. Just hanging out doing your thing and your doing your thing. If you haven't done anything like it I suggest it! It has it calming moments!! And you'll meet some awesome people!
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
it was a good place to work
Loss prevention Intern, Specialist and Data Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 18, 2017
It was a good place to work. We got bonuses at Christmas. The work load was very heavy and there was not a lot of help. The place would have been better if I could have had some help.
Pros
it was good place to work.
Cons
Work load was heavy
Wonderful staff and teamwork
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJanuary 18, 2017
Never seen a business with such great passion for the work that is being done. Everyone is amazing and polite, the music could use a refreshment but that wont be a bother when you're consumed with the great shopping and great people.
Great family type atmosphere
cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 18, 2017
Everyone from president to dock workers all have adopted a family style of work. Caring managers and excellent benefits.
Pros
Regular bonuses, company parties, vacation pay, 401A.
A Experience
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 18, 2017
Working at these different employers was a experience in a way where you can learn a lot. As far as people, building a relationship, seeing and understanding, but overall it is life changing experience that is going to mold and shape to be a better person.
Pros
Vacation Time was great
Cons
low pay hourly
Fun work enviroment - free lunches 3 days a week
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 18, 2017
Employee benefits, paid vacation, family oriented, truly cared for and about theiur employees.. Shame the family couldnt afford to rebuild after the fire..
not organized
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 18, 2017
very unorganized and not provided with clear instructions on the job requirements. was not informed of needing a fingerprint background check
very educationally
Administrative Assistant (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJanuary 18, 2017
Best volunteer job I had I learned a lot of thing I didn't know, they were very nice people and I will return if I could Im sad they are no longer in business
fun and productive work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 18, 2017
goodwill is a good environment to work in but it's frustrating half the time and its not what i want. i am looking for a job that i can enjoy and exceed in life.
benefits
Cons
co-worker, costumers. everything.
Goodwill is a great place to work
I'm a donation attandant (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 18, 2017
I love working at Goodwill,it is a fun and very safe place to work,not only do they work around your schedule,u get the same off days that way u can always get a. Second job
I had good bosses!
Materials Processor (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJanuary 18, 2017
I had a good experience with Goodwill and I liked and cared about the bosses and associates. I got along with a lot of people and I'd work with them again if I had the chance
Family work environment with the belief of the Goodwill Mission
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Paragould, ARJanuary 17, 2017
I love working at Goodwill, we have a family type setting and personal concern for our fellow workers. Our true asset is our goal of servicing the community by Goodwill standards. Our store record is one of the highest in the state. I work in textiles. I presort, inspect, and hang donated clothing and getting it out onto sales floor. I have done this single job for almost 3 and 1/2 years because they have not found anyone else that do that job better than me. My manager and co workers are some of the best of the business. There is a combo of light hearted spirit mixed with the best teamwork I have ever experienced. Helping the customers is the best part of my job. Many of them do not understand that the store money is used to help person find jobs. It is the best place I ever worked
Pros
Relaxed but professional working conditions
Cons
Electrical and heating problems with the rented building
Constantly on my feet
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, MIJanuary 17, 2017
A typical work day is like running around like a headless chicken. Being a cashier is stressful, but you wont ever be bored. I have to take care of the clothes on the rack, take care of the wares carts, rotate the colors of the week, assist customers who have questions, take care of dressing rooms, put items back in their places, make sure the store remains functional and clean. Oh, and while i am doing all of this, i have to keep an eye on the cash registrar because i am not allowed to have a bell to notify me when someone is waiting to check out. But, on the plus side, my co-workers are all very nice and always give me advice. Depending on the manager, they can be nice and easy to talk to or really intimidating. The most enjoyable part of my job is, it gets me a paycheck every week and most customers don't make me want to go crazy.
productive fun place to work
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2017
like sorting stuff, at times work could be heavy and deadlines to get work done could be frustrating, but enjoyed it nonethe less, co-workers were for the most part fun to be around, as I mentioned earlier meeting deadlines could be frustrating, but the enjoyable part would learning to do new jobs
Pros
working at your own pace
Cons
short breaks
fun and productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Soledad, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Thank you awesome. i love the company and what it has to offer. i have learned so much about the job and how to work with customers.
Pros
Great People
Cons
short breaks
great training
Training participant (Current Employee) –  Albany, ORJanuary 17, 2017
provided me with skills to help me with jobs in my future. They tought me about how to provide great customer service and how to properly stock shelves at the Goodwill stores.
Customer Service, data entry, answering phones, managing, & calling clients.
Lead Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day @ work consist of excellent customer service, entering data, answering calls, managing the center, and helping change the lives of clients by finding them employment.
Pros
Monday-Friday & close on the weekend, benefits, & retirement plan
Cons
They had 2 lay offs with in 4 months apart.
Goodwill is a fair employer
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I have worked for GW for 3.5 years. The team members are generally happy and the management is fair. The envirorment is engaging and team members have room for advancement.
Pros
Bonuses
Good place to work for students
Trailer Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 17, 2017
The job itself is very simple and requires very little skills. The hours are good and you are guaranteed 40 hours. The pay does not raise and the location changes daily.
Pros
40 hours
Cons
no room for advancement location changes daily
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDJanuary 17, 2017
Great place to work. Great benefit package. Corporate team was wonderful and always willing to help. This was a fun job and the people were great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.