Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Found 7,833 reviews matching the search
big money for free items
Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAMarch 24, 2017
The company which holds a an exempt status as if aiding the community to employ people and support growth is mainly about the bottom line. The push on sales for the managers is crazy and the requirement of cashiers to ask everyone for a cash donations is downright incorrigible. The clothing prices increase every year and the company doesn't even have a program for homeless people to come and get clothes, shoes, warm blankets or towels. The essentials to live on the street without dying. Not the pretty picture portrayed in the commercials
Pros
lots of stuff
Cons
very expensive for donated items free to them
Fort lift
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 24, 2017
The job was to drive fort lifts and I took my joy very serous I loved my job I am hard worker guy I would love to work with you guys the people loved my work all I want to do is be a good worker to you guys
Positive atmosphere
Clothing Sorter (Former Employee) –  Housron ,TXMarch 24, 2017
Goodwill is a good company to work for. The pay could be a little better but, if you are someone that is in need of a steady job then Goodwill Industries you should give a try.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Less Pay
No it has not got no tables
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMarch 24, 2017
Good will is a good place to start back up working When we all work as a team player,alot of orders get now and shipped out.The work is not hard at all I liked doing it
Pros
no we brought our own luncdhes
This company does not execute what it represents.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 23, 2017
As a supervisor, I managed crews up to 15 employees and store functions. Throughout a supervisor shift, opening the store, closing the store, store production, employee maintenance, and customer service is included each day. The best part of the job was taking a series of classes through Goodwill corp out of Portland on working with the disabled. The hardest part of the job was seeing that the actual stores rarely supported more than one minimum disabled individual in their workforce. I was supervising in three different stores while learning the true workings of Goodwill. The best part of the job is the great crews of employees and wide variety of customers. The most difficult part of working as a supervisor was the retail hours that were never consistent.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare for FT employees
They could do better
Donation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2017
The people I worked with were great! Sometimes the customers can be a little hard to work with. If a customer complains on something they say you did even if it's not true they will take the customers side EVERYTIME!!
Pros
The people you work with are great.
Cons
They don't care about your safety.
I was a volunteer for Goodwill.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Chatham,VaMarch 23, 2017
A typical day at Goodwill would be I come in and had to hang 550 clothes a day by 3:00 and most day one other person would help you. Then I would do purses or shoes.If some went in salvage I then would have to box them and label.Straighten up store also help take donations.
Pros
Made your own hours and felt good inside about yourself
Cons
Did everything an associate did except run register and no pay
fairly easy and laid back
Supply Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 23, 2017
The job is fairly easy going and laid back. The position isn't very demanding at all, but does require you to be accurate and highly efficient. Paying attention to detail is also a very big factor.
Pros
benefits, down time, flexible
good training
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXMarch 23, 2017
I enjoyed what I was doing, some co-workers were hard to work with. I was able to learn the register in a comfortable way, the customers were awesome, it was a very productive day when I was working.
Pros
good training
Cons
no good manners in some people I worked with
Stagnate work positions
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILMarch 23, 2017
Very few opportunities for advancement unless you were in the click. If you were a retired E-7 or above and had no experience or qualifications for a particular management position you were hired over an E-6 with the experience and qualifications for that particular management position.
Pros
Steady work.
Cons
You had to be in the click to get anywhere.
Perfect for hardworkers.
Donation Door Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHMarch 23, 2017
As a Donation Door Attendant our job was to collect the items people bring. these varied, anywhere from clothes to large furniture, we would have to take it and put it in its proper place in the backroom. My job also consisted of driving a forklift to stack and unstack boxes of donations. Also loading and unloading a bi-daily switched truck. Once we took a donations, we ask the person if they would like a donation receipt for their taxes. On busy days we received between 100 to 250 donations. 8 hour shifts consisted of 3 breaks, 2 paid 15 minute breaks and 1 30 minute unpaid break.
Pros
Good enviroment, Great excercise.
Cons
Not enough pay for the labor. Unprofessional Managers. Too many managers.
unfair treatment of workers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grover Beach, CAMarch 23, 2017
They treated their workers like dogs. Especially the pregnant one and did not allow said pregnant woman to take maternity leave, I would not recommend this place to anyone else.
Fun working
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAMarch 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working here, I learned a lot the co workers was amazing and I had really good hours. It was a great work place. My boss was really nice
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
Just a job
3rd Key Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMarch 22, 2017
I'm not a fan of this place. Just somewhere to work that will over work you. Not life friendly. It's all goodwill or nothing. They don't care about the lower employees in my opinion and it shows with the high turn-over rate we've been having.
Cons
Short breaks, hard to take vacation
Good while looking
DSA supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spokane WAMarch 22, 2017
OK for must have job. Limited upward mobility. Management structure can be very frustrating. Goodwill claims open door policy but that is quite misleading.
Good People
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMarch 22, 2017
I enjoyed working there , The people were nice .
It was interesting what people give away, you never knew what would come in next.
Everybody helped each other and they were all supportive
Pros
Good atmosphere
Rewarding job helping others
QUALITY ASSURANCE STAFF (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 21, 2017
I provided quality assurance for 10 programs to ensure compliance with auditing standards. I loved helping both the staff and clients achieve excellence.
Loved it at the lacey Goodwill
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAMarch 21, 2017
Loved working at the Lacey Goodwill. There was always something to do I was never just standing around.the mushroom farm smelled really bad tho. I was very sad when I had to leave.
Good quality
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 21, 2017
It was summer employment, not really what I expected doing paper work but it was a job. Friendly staff very knowledgeable, im just trying to build up my working history
Great Team!
Workforce Development Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 21, 2017
My job offers no advancement and I am stagnating. The team is great but I feel as though I am not being invested in at all.

I like the teams that I have interacted with and appreciate the friendliness of most of the staff.
Pros
Great Teams!
Cons
Benefits are not that great, advancement seems hard, raises are set.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

69%