Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Found 8,098 reviews matching the search
goodwill
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Spanaway, WAApril 23, 2017
great place awesome management great coworkers and help you learn patience and customer service skills also help you learn forklift and stacker and how to stock
Fast Paced
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 22, 2017
If you are looking for a position that will keep you on your feet this is it. If you just want to sit in an office all day and handle paperwork look elsewhere.
Not very good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk River, MNApril 22, 2017
Sometimes I would be put down when I was working. Had too do everything and I have​ to it my best efforts and still got put down. But overall it is a good place to work.
Not your typical company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 22, 2017
Good will was my first job for a cashier experience.
I love how it recycles and helps it's community. However, like any other company it also has some pros and cons as well.
There's not enough hours and not enough pay. I was getting $8.21 but now the minimum wage went up so maybe they'll pay better.
There's not a set of schedule, you have to be willing to sacrifice your personal life. You work whenever you are scheduled.
Pros
Discounts for employees
Cons
short breaks
Challenging, production based job.
Quality Control Soecialist, Lead Clerk Processor (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVApril 21, 2017
I enjoy the people and am very comfortable in a fast paced environment with daily goals.
I enjoy working with the public, and maximizing profits for the company. I do not approve of the lack of advancement opportunity, regardless of your work ethic. Goodwill tends to hire management from the outside. I'm seeking a career in which growth and advancement is posdible.
Pros
Fairly flexible schedule, challenging.
Cons
Not much opportunity for growth or advancement.
Stressful
Goodwill (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAApril 21, 2017
It was a stressful day, even if you did your job, you always had to worried about losing it.
We have to be quick pace for the job itself.
The management are fragile about their jobs which is understandable when they are risk with whatever they do.
Pros
paid off
Cons
stress
Fun Environment, Great People
Clerical, Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 21, 2017
Very fun people, very straight forward requirements, and job title, easy to get along with management, daily goals were given, great training, knowledgeable co-workers
working with others and helping out everyone recieving donations and being cashier.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 21, 2017
It was a fun interesting job I enjoyed helping everyone out. They receive so many donations it's crazy the store never runs out of merchandise of all kinds.
Pros
Helping others, team work, the donations
A lot of work, but beneficial
Retail Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAApril 21, 2017
I enjoyed goodwill, I think their management was a little poor but the associate staff was very friendly. The customers were a bit rowdy, but it was manageable.
Amazing
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAApril 21, 2017
Amazing boss and coworkers. Breastfeeding friendly, helps people get a start in the right direction. I enjoyed going to work everytime I would go. Never a dull moment
Fun Place to work
Runner (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAApril 21, 2017
Good will is a good company to work for. I enjoyed my time with the company. Although it is a somewhat fast paced job, the company itself is pretty laid back.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Benefits only for full time employees.
Great management and steady hours.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 21, 2017
Some of the best parts about this job was the management. They were very understanding, organized, and just overall amazing. The work itself wasn't for me, but it wasn't hard.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Too easy
Great staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLApril 21, 2017
Great Company.
Allows lateral movements.
I had the BEST manager!
Able to assist students and citizens with community service & volunteer hours.
Great way to give back.
Pros
Giving back to the community
Cons
Slow advancement
A Great Experience Volunteering
Voulenteer (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLApril 21, 2017
Each time that I went to volunteer at Goodwill, I would be offered myriad tasks to help diversify the volunteering experience. The employees that I worked with were very polite to the customers and each other. While I already knew how to complete most of the tasks there, as they were simple things such as sorting and stocking books, shoes, and clothes, it did teach me good work ethic. There was not anything particularly difficult about the job, as all of the tasks were balanced. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being able to reintroduce products to people that would otherwise go to waste.
Pros
Being able to help the community.
highly stressful work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLApril 21, 2017
I have worked in retail for 30 plus years and have never been treated as badly as I have at Goodwill. No respect for employees from upper management. The buddy system is in full mode. If another store manager does not like you as a person, this has nothing to do with your ability to perform the job, then upper management does not promote you.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
no respect for employees
stressful
SAFETY CAPTAIN/NEW GOODS PRICER (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 21, 2017
i learned alot from goodwill but not a good company to work for now it was years ago but not now. even though i learned alot there was alot of stressful times there the management was never there longer then 6 months so it made thing very iffy at times
Fun workplace.
Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAApril 20, 2017
Love to work there great team people and company work well with one in any kind emergency's or work hour changes. People are always willing to help if u ever need help in anything.
Good people but terrible communication
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 20, 2017
This company has evolved a lot since I have started working there. It is a very secure job as the turnover rate is high. My immediate managers are very nice people, as are most of my coworkers. There is this attitude circulating lately- I don't know if it's due to the severe lack of organization and communication- and all of my coworkers dread going to work. I personally don't have many complaints because a stressful job is better than no job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the lack of organization, as everyone is frantically scurrying around, not really knowing what they're doing. My favorite part of working at Goodwill has been learning to endure bad workplace situations. Of course, this wasn't enjoyable at the time but I am grateful for the tolerance and patience I have acquired because of these situations. Goodwill has also always been very flexible in scheduling.
Pros
flexible scheduling, great employees
Cons
stressful environment, unclean
Not a typical day at work
Softline Production Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 20, 2017
I did not have a good experience it was very unorganized, the employers brought in drama every day, the management did not care at all for there employers,
Decent first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHApril 20, 2017
Working for this facility was pretty rewarding at times. Knowing you are helping and part of a greater cause is something that makes you look forward to going to work. Then employees and the work environment is pretty great for the most part!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.