Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Found 9,143 reviews matching the search
Good Starter Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJuly 22, 2017
Basic requirements of a starting sales associate. Different positions range from cashier, stocker, to fitting room associate. Pay is just above minimum wage. Friendly work environment, but not much room from growth within the company.
Great advancement opportunities
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89110July 22, 2017
I loved my boss that i worked with. I belive that the shift leads did alot of the most of the work and didnt get paid nearly enough as what they should have.
Great place to work, pay attention to management.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 22, 2017
Started out as a great place to work and I advanced quickly. Employees have a great chance to move up with this company if they have the correct leadership. Unfortunately we have people in charge that should not be in their positions of management because they lack the responsibility and correct attitude to nurture the employees that do advance.
Pros
end of month employee appreciation lunches
Cons
improperly trained management
fun people and customers
clerk processor (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJuly 22, 2017
It was boring and unorganized, but the people i met were really cool and i had a lot of fun helping all the customers. The managers were very patient and cool with me.
Friendly people and a good starting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 22, 2017
It's a very friendly workplace but sometimes a bit stressful during busy hours and around summer around the time people have leftover items from garage sales. I feel that I as an introverted young adult have learned to express what's on my mind and learned how to communicate.
Pros
Alot to do, kind and understanding coworkers.
Cons
Slow days when it rains or too busy crowded days.
Busy workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAJuly 21, 2017
I think the hardest part of the job was picking clothes up off of the floor and hanging them back up. It was not fun when customers would leave the dressing rooms a wreck and I had to clean up after them. Overall the people I worked with were very nice. I learned that people aren't always very considerate of the people who work in the store by leaving a huge mess for the sales associates to clean up.
Cons
Short Breaks
No goodwiill
Driver (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJuly 21, 2017
Goodwill of south texas the worst place to work from logistics to corporate take my advice look else where they careless about there employees they dont give breaks and if you ask for one they tell you your lucky to have a job
Pros
Cons
Safety pressure management corporate
Good
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  LakemeadJuly 21, 2017
You get good and a good place to work at you work with good people they really care about you they help you out.you need to work it answeome in the community
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Shortbreak
It was a fun place to work
Office Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNJuly 21, 2017
I loved working there fun people paid well i was sad when the dropped my job I would still be there i would love to find a job like that i'm good at it and thats what im working towards
Fast paced place to work
Sorter/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Gary, INJuly 21, 2017
I think they should pay more. The benefits was ok I liked the dental and eye insurance. Some of the people were very nice .The work at times was fairly easy wit out problems.
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
Never know what you would have to do that day
Poor management
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 21, 2017
Not a good place to work, your over worked and under paid. Management is the worst. They are not willing to work with you and, don't know what they're doing themselves half the time. I will never work for them again!
fun work place
Sales Associate/Textiles and Wares Processor (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 20, 2017
Fun, but productive work enviornmrnt. Everyone was easy to get along with and I enjoyed the work. I felt very supported by my coworkers and managers. Would recommend this job to anyone
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
Not for the faint of heart
Summary
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJuly 20, 2017
Started out as part time. Had one of my best managers ever here. SHe understood my condition and tried her best to keep me at 20 hours a week. Well then 3 people in my department she had to let go. I was the only one left in my department. So i got full time hours. Her and the assistant managers as well as others would help me when busy and to give me breaks.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
under paid
Very productive., enjoyed working with people
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  2104 west commercial BlvdJuly 20, 2017
Best to prepare for the next day. When you do, everything runs smoothly . I enjoyed working with developmentally disabled adults. Having contract work you saw the different level of knowledge. Encouragement and repetition placed a big part in learning.
I always felt needed. Gave me a sense of pride.
Pros
Having some place to make an impact.
Cons
Everyone needs to be understanding of other people's priorities.
slave ship
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 19, 2017
they want money dont care about the associates you can give your opinion and they dont care enough to take it they lack passion and make ignorant choices and expect you to answer for them
Mission based Non-profit Organization
HR Assistant/Safety Laison (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, OHJuly 19, 2017
I thoroughly admire our core mission and the people we serve. I am grateful for the continuing education I have received. I do my best to enforce a positive workplace and remind my co-workers to keep a smile on the tile!
I Love Goodwill
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 19, 2017
I Love Me Some Goodwill...They Got Some Good Customer Service Their To...I Like To Shopping There...I Like To Work There...They Got Some Good Thing There To Buy From Them
Cons
Productive, and fun place to work.
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 19, 2017
Currently still employed. however this is a great opportunity. I love the teamwork environment. Every day I am challenged. the individuals that i interact with are great as well.
Night Manager
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 19, 2017
Advancement is easy in this company, but they are very strict on the minimum two week notice. .

Employee ideas are taken into consideration and implemented quickly if necessary
Cool Place cool people
Cashier/ Sign Flipper (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZJuly 19, 2017
typical day at work is to clokc in get your vest and things on and then get to work usually i would work in the front as a cashier or sign flipper, cashiering and sign flipping are the easiest jobs to do there
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Not enough time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.