Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Found 7,845 reviews matching the search
good working environment and supportive upper management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 26, 2017
Everyday is good day working at goodwill. Upper management always support your decision and very helpful. Work place culture is great and team work is amazing.
Pros
good benefits
Worked thru a government based program at goodwill.
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 26, 2017
Treated very nicely and enjoyed working with the management and the students
in the culinary program. Worked at Goodwill thru a government program so no chance
for advancement or pay raise.
Pros
Very friendly staff
Cons
Government prgram so no chance for pay raise.
productive
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 26, 2017
i work here as a crew leader loved my crew and still friends with some this day.Management was not as friendly or good had to do a lot of self management but i loved to work outside and with my crew.
Friendly environment
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 26, 2017
Proper training and guidelines were given upon start so all task we're clear amd precise. Alot of the time you're hopping around from work station to wrk station in order to provide enough help to everyone.
Pros
Good job experience
Cons
Must be reliable
Stressful long day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 26, 2017
Stress, long day, low pay, poor management, low morale, lack of compassion for employees, no work/life balance, no job security, typical work day gloomy.
Pros
Meeting People
Cons
Short breaks
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, VAMarch 25, 2017
Great place to work and learn different job skills very friendly atmosphere everyone helps each other everyday , I would advice anyone looking for work to visit there website
Educational
Program Manager/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 25, 2017
Start early
Plan lesson for the day
plan work for the afternoon
Go out in to the community and fine employment for students.
Work with local employers for improved work opportunities for graduates from program.
Data entry
End of day
Great Learning Experience
OFFICE ASSISTANT 2 & 3 (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 25, 2017
Enjoyed working there and it was fun working for different offices never got bored. Learned a lot of new skills as well as being able to brush up on old skills and the company was very diverse. I guess the hardest part of the job would be leaving because you make a lot of new friends.
Pros
The commute was not very long, did not have to work weekends
Cons
no cons
a lot of driving
Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 25, 2017
going to different stores seeing what people are donating to help others. only holidays you can take off are Thanksgiving and Christmas. you can take two weeks or more of vacation
excelent
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 25, 2017
its a very good company. I was enjoyed working for them. I learned how to work with the employee. the hardest thing of this job was watched out for people who came to steal staff at the store.
Pros
excelent
Cons
excelnet
big money for free items
Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAMarch 24, 2017
The company which holds a an exempt status as if aiding the community to employ people and support growth is mainly about the bottom line. The push on sales for the managers is crazy and the requirement of cashiers to ask everyone for a cash donations is downright incorrigible. The clothing prices increase every year and the company doesn't even have a program for homeless people to come and get clothes, shoes, warm blankets or towels. The essentials to live on the street without dying. Not the pretty picture portrayed in the commercials
Pros
lots of stuff
Cons
very expensive for donated items free to them
Fort lift
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 24, 2017
The job was to drive fort lifts and I took my joy very serous I loved my job I am hard worker guy I would love to work with you guys the people loved my work all I want to do is be a good worker to you guys
Positive atmosphere
Clothing Sorter (Former Employee) –  Housron ,TXMarch 24, 2017
Goodwill is a good company to work for. The pay could be a little better but, if you are someone that is in need of a steady job then Goodwill Industries you should give a try.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Less Pay
No it has not got no tables
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMarch 24, 2017
Good will is a good place to start back up working When we all work as a team player,alot of orders get now and shipped out.The work is not hard at all I liked doing it
Pros
no we brought our own luncdhes
This company does not execute what it represents.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 23, 2017
As a supervisor, I managed crews up to 15 employees and store functions. Throughout a supervisor shift, opening the store, closing the store, store production, employee maintenance, and customer service is included each day. The best part of the job was taking a series of classes through Goodwill corp out of Portland on working with the disabled. The hardest part of the job was seeing that the actual stores rarely supported more than one minimum disabled individual in their workforce. I was supervising in three different stores while learning the true workings of Goodwill. The best part of the job is the great crews of employees and wide variety of customers. The most difficult part of working as a supervisor was the retail hours that were never consistent.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare for FT employees
They could do better
Donation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2017
The people I worked with were great! Sometimes the customers can be a little hard to work with. If a customer complains on something they say you did even if it's not true they will take the customers side EVERYTIME!!
Pros
The people you work with are great.
Cons
They don't care about your safety.
I was a volunteer for Goodwill.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Chatham,VaMarch 23, 2017
A typical day at Goodwill would be I come in and had to hang 550 clothes a day by 3:00 and most day one other person would help you. Then I would do purses or shoes.If some went in salvage I then would have to box them and label.Straighten up store also help take donations.
Pros
Made your own hours and felt good inside about yourself
Cons
Did everything an associate did except run register and no pay
fairly easy and laid back
Supply Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 23, 2017
The job is fairly easy going and laid back. The position isn't very demanding at all, but does require you to be accurate and highly efficient. Paying attention to detail is also a very big factor.
Pros
benefits, down time, flexible
good training
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXMarch 23, 2017
I enjoyed what I was doing, some co-workers were hard to work with. I was able to learn the register in a comfortable way, the customers were awesome, it was a very productive day when I was working.
Pros
good training
Cons
no good manners in some people I worked with
Stagnate work positions
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILMarch 23, 2017
Very few opportunities for advancement unless you were in the click. If you were a retired E-7 or above and had no experience or qualifications for a particular management position you were hired over an E-6 with the experience and qualifications for that particular management position.
Pros
Steady work.
Cons
You had to be in the click to get anywhere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.