Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Found 8,923 reviews matching the search
Was good, all around learning experience
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIJune 27, 2017
Learned much about working with individuals not as fortunate as myself and how they truly appreciate being treated with respect, as do all people. Developed good relationships with many clients in my particular department, some lasting beyond my employment. Worked with a wonderful team of individuals.
A fun place to work at
Cashier/hanger (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA and Warner Robins GaJune 27, 2017
I Hung the clothes at the goodwill in Warner Robins
I also ran the clothes on the floor at the good will in Atlanta
Shoes- cleaning the shoes and also putting them on the sales floor and the miscellaneous at the goodwill in Warner Robins
Kept my area clean and 5s ready at all times
Greeted the customers with a smile and helped as needed
A fun and most relaxing place to work.
Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJune 27, 2017
A typical day at work dealt with constantly bringing in new donations from people within the region, setting prices on the sellable donations and making sure they got on the floor ASAP. I learned how to think for myself and put that to use with setting my own prices on the things we sold. The hardest part of the job was when everyone decided to donate their stuff at the same time. The most enjoyable part was everything.
Pros
mostly everything
Cons
the safety hazard that is the backroom when the entire city decides to donate that day
Chaos and room for growth
Interim Store Manager and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VAJune 27, 2017
Goodwill was a good opportunity, however, they provided little to no training. The benefits was horrible or did not have none. My overall experience there was not a good one.
Pros
Work with school schedule
Cons
No good communication
Great balance of work and life
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Astoria, NYJune 27, 2017
My time at Goodwill was very helpful as this was my first professional job. I learned how to do bookkeeping and deal with the company's financials. This company taught me a lot.
They are not organized.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 27, 2017
Coworkers don't get along and they have some coworkers who think they are better than some. They have taken more stuff away from us. And they are greedy.
Overall, I enjoyed worrking here for a short period.
Donor Specialist (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 27, 2017
I made many great friends, which made it bearable, but at times, such as yearend, the work load became increasingly intense, with customers showing up by the truckloads. Air conditioning didn't work for part of the year, so that was another reason for quitting. The managers can be lenient, yet strict, depending on who they are as a person. Pay is decent, depending on the department you're put in. The donor door is in my opinion the most stressful part of the job.
Pros
Great friends, hour lunches plus two fifteen minute breaks, vacation and PTO
Cons
Difficult work, hot weather, repeating music choices.
Contracted through Goodwill to work for the State
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 27, 2017
Contracted to work for another agency through Goodwill. Goodwill benefits, you have to pay too much for and barely get a "benefit". PTO is a joke. You may accrue 5 days out of a year. Not very family flexible.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
30 minute lunch, no PTO
fast paced productive
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 27, 2017
productive fast paced work place where you can learn a lot of one self. great people customers as well as employees that are willing to take the time to teach.
Pros
great environment
Cons
pay and no full time
Loved meeting the customers...
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNJune 27, 2017
I do not like the fact that no clothing is washed before being put out on the floor,not every donor washes their clothes before donating...To me it's a health concern toward customers...
Pros
The customers
Cons
horrible pay...
Jon details
Warehouse Logistics, Yuma Fortuna Donation center (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJune 27, 2017
I worked there 3 years bulit 2 stores and set them up I loaded trucks with forklifts and make sure they were shipped on time also did alot of customer service and was trained to be a manager.
Cons
Didn't give me the time I needed to grow my company
Good job opportunity
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJune 26, 2017
Cleaning, stocking, organizing the floor. Helping customers with their questions, and handling more than one task at a time. The workplace of Goodwill is very good.
Pros
relaxed enviorment
Cons
only one employee working all day
always busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYJune 26, 2017
Very busy, management team very unprofessional and disrespectful. doesn't respect employees or customers. They do provide a lot of outside help for employees.They provide financial assistance, education opportunities. Oh, you also get a birthday card from the CEO
Pros
Earning experience, discounts.
Cons
short breaks
Goodwill
Retail associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 26, 2017
Goodwill was ok to work for. The manager did make fun of the slower works and coached them infront of everyone.
Besides that the other workers were great to work with. The work pace was not rushed and awards were given to those who did a good job.
Pros
7am to 3 pm hours
Cons
employees were picked on if they were not fast enough
Enrty lever resale/retail employer
Team Leader to Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, MIJune 26, 2017
Although the Southwest Michigan district is overall a good place to work they do have their flaws. There is not great communication between corporate staff and store employees. There are several areas in which the corporate functions could be improved! If you are only a store associate this should not affect you to much.
Good work Management needs improving
Donation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 26, 2017
while i have enjoyed my 6 years working here the upper management, not store level management is very disconnected from the needs of the store level employees especially the donation attendants. while not every store gets as much in donations as the one i was employed in the volume with which we would get items versus the amount of people available to sort was often an imbalanced ratio. leading to excessively difficult working conditions with little to no break periods to accomplish even the basic tasks asked of you in your position.
Decent
Hanger (Former Employee) –  Yanceyville, NCJune 26, 2017
If you want a job to pass time this is for you. I worked here and they never gave me full time. You do get a yearly raise. I liked them but there were no benefits
fast paced
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 26, 2017
goodwill is a good first job, but not a career
it has gone down ward the past few years. what used to be a family friendly store is now an over priced outlet style store.
Fast pace, demanding
Lead Driver/Stand In Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAJune 26, 2017
 Responsible for ensuring that all goods and materials are delivered to all locations in a timely manner
Supervise the loading and unloading of materials in each trailer

Delegate routes and work load to specific drivers
 Transporting drop and hooks trailer to assigned locations
 Responsible for the transport of equipment for all 16 stores
Pros
good health package
Cons
not enough staff
Productive with a wonderful mission to assist the individuals with intellectual disabilities to learn employment skills.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 26, 2017
A typical day involved supervising job coaches, training employees, creating schedules for job coaches, developing training for job coaches, payroll, record maintenance, working with state case managers, and filling in for absent job coaches. I learned more about using Excel, Microsoft Office, CARF accreditation, and improved my management skills. The workplace culture was great. People really understood the mission and worked hard to achieve it. The hardest part of the job was ensuring coverage for absent job coaches. Working with the individuals with intellectual disabilities.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Very low salaries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.