Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Found 7,327 reviews matching the search
Stressful, stressful job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCJanuary 17, 2017
Working a at Goodwill a stressful job. Goodwill only cares about money but it's suppose to be non profit. Goodwill was a fraud and not good to it people, the pay did not match all the hard work everyone in the stores had to do. Region 3 in SC, is the worst. The regional manager is terrible.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Lack of pay, regional on up doesn't care about it's people.
Regular and Loyal customers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day is Always customer service. Processing clothes, cashiering, greetings. I have learned that "customer is king". Management was great most of the time. Co-workers were actually pretty cool. Teamwork!! The hardest part for me was not to cry when the elderly men and women came in and then they had to leave. It was such a pleasure assist them. I Love the elderly. My favorite part was helping everyone that came through the door.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Management needed to listen a little more.
Very good place and professional to a: t
Donation attendant ( warehouse ) (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 16, 2017
Wouldnt rather work any where but here ! I love the ceo and the tuition remburstment really would count! Id work here again if given a chance !
Great place to work, with helpful coworkers
Pricing Attendant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 16, 2017
The best part of working at Goodwill is the people I am surrounded with. All are friendly, helpful, supportive and generally happy. There are a lot of product coming in and going out, so I am always busy. Goodwill is very well organized which is good for employees and good for customers.
enjoyed fellow employees and job function
mid management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Enjoyed people I worked with however upper management did not listen to employees ideas. job function as ecommerce worker was interesting. Corp would not listen to people actually performing duties as to what worked and did not work. They would talk a good game but not follow through and deliver.
Pros
good hours
Cons
pay upper management
Active work being consistent
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2017
Pay close attention to all safety's matters ... Take instructions seriously ... Work will get done on time ...
Loading trucks up and unloading instructing other employees what's need to be done and best way way possible for timing wise...
Pros
Points earning
Cons
Rasies
Excellent place to find deals
Shopgoodwill.com Shipping & Packing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32809January 16, 2017
Goodwill is one of the best places to find good deals as well vintage products. The variety of products is huge and it will surprise any one. Management is good and your co-workers have a good hard.
You can choose for a part time or full time job with a base salary.
Pros
Good deals
Cons
Low salaries
Fun and interesting working in the warehouse
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day at the warehouse looked simply just sorting items and doing inventory for 2 hours a day.
I learned the skill of organizing everything there was in an organized manner.
Pros
Team work, communcation skills
Management is a good ol boy environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2017
The mission and bulk of employees are great.
The upper management is a group of friends that have been re-hired after terminations and do not care about the effects on others.
Excellent Company Mission
Lead Retail Associate and Donation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 15, 2017
Goodwill is a great mission to work for because their sole purpose is to place people in jobs.Through donations of used items and the generosity of customers donation change in the round up program, Goodwill can place provide jobs in the community as well as job training. As a part of the management team, I've learned to be a quick-thinking problem solver. There are times when unsuspected conflicts may arise but, keeping a calm demeanor can really help deescalate any situation. I love working with hard workers who enjoy their job because it makes for a great work environment. The hardest part of the job would be the fast pace and time sensitive nature of production at Goodwill.
Dead end job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCJanuary 15, 2017
This is a dead end job, ok if you are looking to work part-time or something temporary until you find something better. They have unrealistic expectations and do not value their employees input. The management is not trained well. The company brings in a lot of money, but they do not take care of their employees. Bad idea if you are looking for a career.
Pros
Public interface
Cons
Low pay, unrealistic expectations
love to put items on the shelfs and racks walking and standing up
Production/Computer Associate (Training) (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 15, 2017
love the job and good environment too. it a retail job. also Love working in helping people working on the computer where the people looking for a jobs. and working in IT room.
Pros
great job to learn and train us.
Cons
not good pay thats all.
Great benefits, little assistance
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJanuary 15, 2017
I really enjoyed my job at Crossroads, however, I found that i was always struggling to get assistance or guidance. Their benefit package is wonderful.
Productive and organized
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJanuary 15, 2017
Most often, my jobs were emptying donation carts and straightening shelves. But the hardest part was at the beginning of my job, my job coach told me multiple times that I wasn't following their directions. Fortunately, I'm trying harder and getting better at working independently.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
No lunch breaks
Good staffing company seems to care about their employees
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2017
Worked through Goodwill staffing at a concrete molding company. The job was hard and very dirty. Ruined most of my clothes with the oil that we used. Lots of lifting.
Fun place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIJanuary 15, 2017
I meet slot of fun people at goodwill .. I enjoyed my time with them . Very nice managers. Nice selection of clothes and hardlines.
Pros
Nice managers
Cons
Short breaks
OK workplace with great people
Donation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mundelein, ILJanuary 14, 2017
love the people there including the management, however the workplace is kind of tight and not the best for people with allergies. There was a lot of heavy lifting but it was a good challenge for the job.
Pros
People
Cons
Workplace
Very unorganized hectic workplace

How to Run register
Good customer service skills

Management:
Very unreliable
Schedules never ready on time
Never concerned about anyones concerns
Alot of gossip
Alot of rulebreaking from management

My Coworker:
Best people Ive ever met
Very polite
Know how to do thier jobs correctly
Great customer service

Hardest part of the job:
Everything changes day to day
Management wont let you know what duties to preform each day, if you take the liberty to do it yourself you will be called in the managers office for major (bad) critique.

Best part of the hob:
Assisting customers
Getting to see all of my coworkers
Pros
Full time, Benefits, bonuses
Cons
Bad management, Bad pay rate (8.35/sales associates), very unorganized stressfull workdays.
I was working there from school in work program
Trainee, School work program (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 14, 2017
I like working there because the people there was super friendly. I am very friendly to customers and staffs
I'm on time at work.
General Manager was not very professional
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 14, 2017
General Manager was not very professional and too much gossiping among employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.