Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews in United States

Found 6,775 reviews matching the search
Coordinator/Vocational Rehabilitation Services (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 27, 2016
I've been with Goodwill over 10 years and it has been a wonderful experience.

Good employees and management. Average pay. They take care of their employees.
Stocking and Customer Service
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2016
Receive donated goods from donors, assist donors with unloading cars and carrying donations. Provides receipts donors; organize donations Learned how to manage donated items. Management was helpful, and co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was working in the heat. I enjoyed helping customers.
Pros
Working with customers
cool customers
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2016
Sorted through clothing, books,etc. I learned to always check my pockets before donating clothes or household items. The hardest part were the high end clients who expected you to do everything for them. The most enjoyable was the awesome clients who showed appreciation.
clean
packer (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJuly 26, 2016
Learned to adjust to any type of environment and situation. And helped others in the work place how of smothered job right. Learned how to respect others.
Great Team
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 26, 2016
The position was an unpaid internship. It was wonderful working with the CEO. Since I was attending school full-time, they were able to work with my schedule, allowing me to work from home. A typical day consisted of researching the current design of the assigned magazine, and using elements from it to incorporate Goodwill's ad within it. The ad only consisted of what Goodwill has done to help the community in terms of employment. The most enjoyable part of the job was to keep in contact with the team to ensure their happiness and satisfaction with my work.
Pros
Flexibility
Fast paced working
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 26, 2016
This job requires safety, team work and heavy constant lifting.
Get to travel all over Oregon picking up orders for Goodwill.
Horrible Place to Work
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 25, 2016
There was no organization at all in this store!!!!!! A member of management was sexually harassing employees and when an individual reported him to the corporate office she was fired!!! I decided to just go to a female member of management who decided to laugh it off!!!angers come to work high on drugs, The store manager stated he sell drugs out of the store to make budget. Goodwill Peachtree Corners is a horrible place to work after six months of nobody listening to what was going on in this store I just quit.
Cons
Productive and a great workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2016
Overall I liked working at Goodwill, even though it was a temporary job I really enjoyed working there. The hardest part of the job was getting the trucks unloaded.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKJuly 25, 2016
One of my first jobs that taught me a lot about helping others and working as a team to get the job done. Never a dull moment in a workday, always a smile to be found.
Only been here 2 weeks more review later.
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Mabry,St. Tallahassee,Fla.July 25, 2016
I work at the mabry location as a cdl class A driver and my supervisor mr.jimmy cummigan is great and it takes time for a better review later.have not been working long enough for what you want to hear.
Great Company
Processor (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNJuly 25, 2016
Fantastic Management Communication. Support provided from other employee's to finish projects. Goals are consistently upheld and improved monthly. Surroundings are well managed to work within and additional employess provide support to finish projects as directed from management.
Great work environment.
Inventory (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 25, 2016
Learning how to sort clothes and hang them up for customers. I also enjoyed working with others in a positive environment and helping customers in the store.
Great place to work after a tramatic experience
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 25, 2016
working as a janitor at Goodwill Industries didn't seem like a chore to me. I met a diversity of people from different backgrounds. There were some with mental health issues, physical ailments etc, but we all were determined to get back in the work force
Pros
meeting diversity of people
Cons
not being able to gain full time employment
Stressful place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 24, 2016
Management set unrealistic goals for employees, lie about job descriptions, have one person doing duties of 5 employees, allow coworkers to bully through email, The pay rate is Horrible, hours are long. Management gets upset if an employee request time off.
Pros
Helping Others
Cons
Low pay, unprofessional supervisors and team leads.
can be a great place to work but mangement changes to much
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 21, 2016
in 3 years and 3 stores in the I've had 7 managers and 9 assist managers and all problems that come with never getting to feel at home at your job. if your in production you get a great schedule and easy job and it comes with the whole 9 yards paid vacation, paid sick, health care and dental. but its not a good place at all for young people to work and they go out of their way to not promote internally but as fare job and good work life balance goes its great as long as you aren't looking to move up and are happy to work with an older crowd
Mission Driven
First-To-Work Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJuly 21, 2016
We work in teams as well as on our own assisting clients to achieve self sufficiency.

Seeing Clients succeed is the most rewarding.
Horrible
Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 21, 2016
I had a terrible experience here. Management has no respect whatsoever for their underlings. If you have any self respect RUN.
great jobs
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 21, 2016
this is a great way to build and create resume' i really enjoy the fact that indeed allows me to fill out applications and use them to easily apply for jobs
Great coworkers poor upper management
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 21, 2016
I was a Supervisor for 4 years. People there were great but the upper management notion much. Pay for the type of job not so good either
Pros
Co workers plus the customers
Cons
Pay and upper management
Giving Back
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 20, 2016
That's what I loved most about working for this company. Being of service to others. This is a good place to get started. They are a second chance employer.