Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Goodwill was where i learn to drive forklift
Driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 18, 2017
Goodwill was a good place to work and learning experience for me. By learning customer service.and how to work with all people .Sometimes I had to work handicap people.
Bad Management
Textiles Sorter (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 18, 2017
I was only at goodwill for a month and within that time the ac had been broken in the warehouse so it was like working in a sweatshop, and while sweating non-stop; management would constantly be down your throat with negative enforcement.
it was ok
Employment Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 18, 2017
good benefits, busy place, dirty work. lots of people use the donation center as a place to drop off trash. very frustrating and not very healthy. people were often very rude to staff.
Gesmv
DD Rehab Tech & Accounting Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 18, 2017
I love working here. Its just that everything seems to be part time and I need a full time position.
Everyone is sure nice and understanding
easy laid back environment
Pros
the atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours
fun with great clients that come in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 17, 2017
I loved working there I would still have this job if it wasn't for my manager.some of the co workers got really close. it was a fun job and I miss it.
Pros
get to look at everything
Cons
percent discount.
fun
Cashier and Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 17, 2017
good place to work retail
hours were cut down to 8 hours a week for employees due to budget
hardest part of the job was keeping hangers off the floor
Pros
meeting new poeple
Cons
not enough hours
More than retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2017
A typical day at Goodwill I'll sum up in one word Unknown. While working there you never knew what you expect. As a manager we had to do more than supervise the staff. The customers weren't given the best customer service, due to the lack of upper management involvement. Daily we were put in danger not knowing what to expect from our customers or staff.
Pros
Discounts to amusement parks
Cons
Great work environment/ co-workers are motivated and supportive
General Laborer/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 17, 2017
Loading and unloading truck, learn how to operate new equipment, and keeping material organized. The hardest part of the job the job is working at a fast pace. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it slows down.
Pros
3 bresks a day
Cons
short breaks
Horrible management and dm and hr
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Burnside, KYOctober 17, 2017
Dont waste your time if you are not part of their group they will do anything to get rid of you. Pay is horrible and your donations are old moldy filled with bugs. You put your health at risk everytime you open a bag or box. Management does not train properly
Cons
the manager was problematic and confusing to staff
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
I think it was a wonderful job, other than the manager who caused all kinds of difficult decisions which keep staff confused. She ran the staff as a slave driver. I would recommend others to work there but not under the staff manager I worked under. Loved the job.
very nice
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 17, 2017
Nice place to work for the summer. I would recommend others to work here if they don't have experience working with a company. Friendly clean and a nice place to work.
Pros
good lighting
Cons
no snacks
Well balanced place to work at
Donation Attendant/Utility (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAOctober 17, 2017
I took in donations and organized warehouse.
Also cleaned bathroom and swept and mopped showroom floors..
Helped front desk with customers. I signed and stamped ticket for the donations that were made
fun place to work, enjoyed talking with people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hilliard OhioOctober 17, 2017
I loved the customers and I loved the clothes and fashion. But the management was rude, did not protect their employees and would allow customers to treat employees terrible.
Pros
discounts on items
Cons
some customers were not kind and took advantage of employees with ok from management
Goodwill
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 16, 2017
A typical day at work is starting my day with out no problems.How to help others in retail cashier sourding the clothes cleaning management lack of communication very bad I work with all types of people The hardest part of the job is very long hours very stressful The most enjoyable all the coworkers show up to work as a team
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Good place.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 16, 2017
Goodwill is a great place to work with a great mission behind it. Goodwill goal is to find people jobs that they need. I would have worked there longer but I got my dream job.
goodwill
truck worker,prosseser (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOOctober 16, 2017
was an ok job to work at I had some good days and bad. it is a good starter job for people to look into. I would work there again if I needed a fast job.
Fun but tense workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NJOctober 16, 2017
I had worked at two locations and one experience was a lot better than the other mainly due to management. The better location had a more relaxed atmosphere and a friendly, diverse staff that worked well together during my experience there. The management was organized and professional, yet easy to get along with. The second location in Lumberton was completely different experience for me. The atmosphere was tense because there was poor communication between management and staff and was unorganized in general, worsened by the fact there was a revolving door of employees because many that were hired had poor attendance or were just lazy. This made it worse for people like me, who actually worked hard and tried to get projects done.
Not Good
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 16, 2017
It's not the ideal job for a career if you're looking for one. More like an in school type of job. You'd have to have extreme patience with this job, I don't want to make them look completely bad but the management could've been better, they could've had a lot more consideration for their employees and a level of understanding and accepting change.
Pros
Work by yourself, certain paid holidays off
Cons
Short breaks, always short of help
This job is the best yet
Listing Agent (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDOctober 16, 2017
My job helps me in every aspect. They want to see you grow in the company & plan your future. My boss Rose is the most understanding & gave me a chance.
worse job
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wellsboro, PAOctober 16, 2017
loved the job but then a new and younger kid then me started and he started getting away with everything. and i got in trouble for the work he wasnt doing
Pros
non
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.