Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Found 9,130 reviews matching the search
Very productive., enjoyed working with people
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  2104 west commercial BlvdJuly 20, 2017
Best to prepare for the next day. When you do, everything runs smoothly . I enjoyed working with developmentally disabled adults. Having contract work you saw the different level of knowledge. Encouragement and repetition placed a big part in learning.
I always felt needed. Gave me a sense of pride.
Pros
Having some place to make an impact.
Cons
Everyone needs to be understanding of other people's priorities.
slave ship
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 19, 2017
they want money dont care about the associates you can give your opinion and they dont care enough to take it they lack passion and make ignorant choices and expect you to answer for them
Mission based Non-profit Organization
HR Assistant/Safety Laison (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, OHJuly 19, 2017
I thoroughly admire our core mission and the people we serve. I am grateful for the continuing education I have received. I do my best to enforce a positive workplace and remind my co-workers to keep a smile on the tile!
I Love Goodwill
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 19, 2017
I Love Me Some Goodwill...They Got Some Good Customer Service Their To...I Like To Shopping There...I Like To Work There...They Got Some Good Thing There To Buy From Them
Cons
Productive, and fun place to work.
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 19, 2017
Currently still employed. however this is a great opportunity. I love the teamwork environment. Every day I am challenged. the individuals that i interact with are great as well.
Night Manager
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 19, 2017
Advancement is easy in this company, but they are very strict on the minimum two week notice. .

Employee ideas are taken into consideration and implemented quickly if necessary
Cool Place cool people
Cashier/ Sign Flipper (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZJuly 19, 2017
typical day at work is to clokc in get your vest and things on and then get to work usually i would work in the front as a cashier or sign flipper, cashiering and sign flipping are the easiest jobs to do there
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Not enough time off
Productive fun work place
Donor Greeter (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 19, 2017
it was a lot of fun working for goodwill I enjoyed going to work and I enjoyed my co-workers. My bosses were cool they would show me how to do things if they asked me to do them and I didn't know how to or they would describe how to do it if they were busy. The hardest part of the job to me was when we had to load the trailer because you had to make sure that everything was lined up right and sometimes you had to get on the trailer and move the boxes yourself.
Pros
The work environment
Cons
There were no cons to me
32 to 40 hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2017
on cash register straighten out store and waited on customers worked holiday and weekends mostly night shift was a good start up job for me there careers centers very helpful
Pros
experience back to working
Cons
hard on the legs standing
good co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 19, 2017
working with goodwill, alot of expectations were needed including cleaning and organizations. The managers were helpful although there were times i needed off for family but they would not allow it due to work hours.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough pay and no time off
very unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 19, 2017
This company was very unorganized which made the job harder. Also no one would ever stay on the job. I remember closing with 3 people. We also didn't get paid overtime.
It was occasionally productive.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 19, 2017
I really enjoyed this job and all of the roles I played within it. I learned that everyone doesn't always have your best interest in mind. There was only a few managers that I actually looked up to.
I was a temporary worker here. It was my first job.
Material Processor / Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 19, 2017
A typical day at work had me doing a wide variety of tasks. I learned how to adjust to having a work life here, first and foremost. The management was okay. The workplace culture had mostly people with disabilities there. The hardest part of the job was coping with the heat, whenever I went outside to take out the trash. The most enjoyable part was seeing that there were a lot of interesting things to find in the warehouse.
Love to work with people and help
Sale associte (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie west, FLJuly 19, 2017
Love to see all people with HAPPY face went find what they want,make LOT of friends,make all kind of conversatuon,fill like family ..always happy,that about.
employer
MPS Secretary (Current Employee) –  MPSJuly 19, 2017
overall it was a great place to work. they made sure you was taken care of if you needed anything. My day might look a little different from most. I answer phones from students to parents to SUBSTITUTE teachers calling in for assignment of the day. or just the parents saying that there child will not be coming in today.
It was alright
Cloth Processor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 19, 2017
I had a good manager and evverything was going swimmingly, until I was in an automotive accident. I came back to a new manager who did not know how to run the store properly or how to treat the employees.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2017
This was the start to a new beginning. Goodwill Staffing Services were able to get me the job I have now. They were able to give out job recommendations for when I started.
Loved working for goodwill
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 19, 2017
So many opportunities working with goodwill room for advancement experience working with many different types of people and personalities..love that goodwill has equal opportunity .
Pros
Getting to work with wonderful people
Cons
Prices have gone up
Productive workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJuly 19, 2017
I absolutely love working here. I love all my co workers and I enjoy having the opportunity working with other people and help accommodate their needs
Never
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  North Versailles, PAJuly 19, 2017
This Company's Looks to Be Well Organized along With Such Dramatic Energy.They also MAKE Sure That every employee Has fair opportunities Ways To Expand and Move Forward

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.