Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Found 9,447 reviews matching the search
indifferent
Donation Sorter (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 17, 2017
they dont work around schedule, give occurrences even if you have doctors note, they refuse to move people into different positions. I will never work here again
Cashier at Goodwill
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 17, 2017
Working at Goodwill wasn't too bad. Customers there a re no lie kinda filthy. but the team is like family, and you grow with each other. I would recommend this for high schoolers.
Pros
Paid time off even for part time
Cons
lots of cleaning up after customers
Instructor/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Corona, New YorkAugust 17, 2017
I enjoyed my job working as a facilitator with men and women getting back into the work place. When a client was hired, a bell would ring and the student would be escorted to each class for a celebration.
Pros
Each time a client was hired, a bell would sound and the new hire would be escorted to each class for a celebration
Cons
It was sad when some of the clients would not endure through the hard times and we would lose them.
Goodwill Hawaii
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 17, 2017
I was originally here as a temporary hire for HR, but was allowed to serve as an intern for their Safety department, for 3 months after my paid position time ran out.

A great non-profit, but financially they could not offer me a position in the Emergency Preparedness/Safety department.
productive, help the employer who had disibility
Supervisor of processing (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJAugust 17, 2017
I supervise great woman with different cultures. We were all team players. The warehouse Supervisor treated all of with respected and kindest. Goodwill industry help the disable children. The warehouse was very cold in the winter and very hot in the summer. 1 of the hardest thing to do was unloading all the clothing from a tractor trailer especially when it was summer.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter, its a warehouse the loading doc were left open
great employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 17, 2017
I'll never forget this job, I learned the meaning of what money can really provide given the right circumstances. I loved the employees, my boss, the hours, and the money.
Pros
50% off clothes
Cons
short breaks
Overall great
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 17, 2017
Fast paced. Fun. Sometimes hard but all in all I loved it, i personally feel managers should be able to have a pool of overtime to use in emergency situations, they require you to figure out a manager on duty at all times even if one is not available
Pros
Flex schedule. Good staff. Multiple locations
Cons
Pay. Hard to cover manangement shifts with 40 hours and no o.t allowed
worked with public,
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 17, 2017
i worked around different type of people every day.Learned to do different types of job. Management was organized well.Culture was all types. I like that i was independent and could work at my pace and still get my job completed.
Pros
more organized
Cons
insurance
Informative
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 17, 2017
I learned different aspects of working at Goodwill Ind. I learned that the things that aren't sold are sent to third world countries. Everyone I worked with was very helpful.
Pros
Learning various aspects of the company
Seattle Goodwill is a good place for new drivers like myself to start their driving career.
CDL Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 16, 2017
Seattle Goodwill
Is a good organization that offers a competitive wages,great benefits
and its has a friendly work environment.Goodwill also offers their employee free education and training.
previous administrative student
Student Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 16, 2017
went to the vocational class there very positive place, learned so many things while attending there, met a lot of friendly students as well the teachers were very positive in there students and gave us the knowledge to go out and look for a job
7/10 Workplace
Hard goods pricer, cashier (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NC 28803August 16, 2017
The benefits are great, some of the people are great. The work gets very stressful sometimes because some of the managers do not know how to get their points across professionally or in a positive and non- condemning way. Other than that it was a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Good benefits, 3 breaks depending on the shift you take
Cons
ASM is a nightmare to work with, can't shop at the store you work in, not flexible hours, expects way too much out of one employee.
fun place to work
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Millville, NJAugust 16, 2017
corporate only cares about themselves
management and coworkers are great
the floor is always disaster because employees don't maintain it
it was decent hours and decent money for teenager
Assest to the Community
Training & Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 16, 2017
Great place to work good benefits! good management team, flexible work schedule, great food, good patient care centrally located for all populations..
Benefits
Cons
food not that great
New idems
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXAugust 16, 2017
It was exciting to see the things people get rid of. We also did bid items and that was interesting. People would debate on if the item was worth the bid or not.
Nice, respectful, and understanding people
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHAugust 16, 2017
I got lost of compliments fod how hard i worked and how fast i worked. Everyone was nice and i loved working at goodwill because i love to help and work with people.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Always hiring, for a reason. Expectations are high, Interesting characters to work with and wait on.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 16, 2017
Can be difficult to meet expectations at times. Very good at paid time off. Customers can be difficult. Casual dress code. Management pay is low with high stress.
Pros
Casual dress code. Breaks.
Cons
Customer base.
working for a non-profit had always been my dream.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 16, 2017
my first years were great! after the scandal things got hectic. I really enjoyed working for goodwill,but with people getting demoted & let go it began to take on a different face, and not a good one. i still have respect & love for the organization,the vision and the mission.
Pros
working with the employees concerning the vision & mission.
Cons
The change in management.
Lots of Customer Service
Sorter/ Processor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 16, 2017
One on one interaction with customers from all walks of life.
Very diverse settings for a workplace including but not limited to the daily task that is required of the employee.
Stable Job as long as you keep doing the right thing
Donation Center Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2017
The company was able to provide me flexible hours while I attended College and if I were to pursue them, I could begin reaching higher positions among the company. I have had great managers but I have also have had not so great managers. Since its a small place a key component of the operation is team work and communication which depending on who is there can be easy to accomplish or not.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval