Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews in United States

Found 6,894 reviews matching the search
Nice environment
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 22, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was the opportunity to cross train and improved my personal skill by learning from others.
always keeping you busy
cashier (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAAugust 22, 2016
the managment wasn't good at all. co workers were very friendly. no one lasted there. wanted you to do alot for the amount of money you were getting paid, not worth it,
positive environment, teamwork, client centered services
Case Manager/Counselor/Full Time (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 22, 2016
Excellent opportunity to meet and work with individual form all walks of life. Relaxed and professional environment. All staff work as a team to help provide quality services to individuals with disabilities; in addition,clients are provided the right to provide input and make choices regarding their interests and skill upon entering the workforce. Rewarding to be a pert of assisting individuals enter the workforce and obtain gainful employment.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
advancement opportunities
Good mission, hard work, low pay
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 22, 2016
Good mission, hard work, low pay.
Need more opportunities for advancement.
Don't take advantge of good employees to make up for the ones who are lacking motivation and desire to drive the mission.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
very hard demanding work
If you are a rull time college student good place to work for one to two days a week.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 22, 2016
At Goodwill you learn how to work by yourself for hours until you are relieve for your break and lunch, and now its time for you to get off work.
A typical day at Goodwill
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNAugust 21, 2016
We would have a set main cashier time everyday we came in. If we were not main cashier we would need to stock the floor with clothing.
great preparation for returning to the job market
Computer Recycling Sorter (Former Employee) –  freedom rd charlotte ncAugust 21, 2016
I was able to work hard and develop a good work ethic. there were people there who could encourage me to apply principle that would keep me employed and help me get ahead in the job.
Pros
Not a lot of technical knowledge needed
Cons
working with some people who did not want to work
Fun Place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2016
I think I had a poor manager at the time but I am hoping I get a better one this time. The store I worked at had a high turn over for managers there were consistence in scheduling and I was always stuck working on Sundays.
Very fast past work
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 20, 2016
From the second you clock in for work. You would never know what you will be doing. I did learn a lot about customer service, pricing and selling items. Management was pretty fair and helpful at times. My co-workers were very interesting. The hardest part of the job was doing to many jobs at once. The enjoyable time was learning how to run the goodwill store.
Pros
Being in control of pricing my goods, helping customers
Cons
Doing to many jobs at one time. Being underpaid for my work.
Lots of learning from evaluation
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNAugust 19, 2016
Punch in, do pricing/price check/stocking/salvaging/special project, break for lunch (30 min), The same after lunch, punch out.
I learned how hard it is to be a retail employee, and that you have to work fast not perfect.
the managers were good listeners, and outgoing, approachable people.
My coworkers were hardworking, although silly at times, but we got stuff done.
Doing things fast was the hardest part of the job, I am still struggling to raise my work pace, and my attention span.
I enjoyed stocking the shoes.
Pros
nice managers
Cons
work goes fast
More like Ill-will
Career Connection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elkin, NCAugust 19, 2016
The company maybe non-profit but they operate more on a for profit basis. They train their managers on how to terminate employees. The say they are a hand up but not a hand out. They educate their customers in the career centers on how to play the system to get government benefits. Not at all what you would think.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
No one cares about the employees
good work place
Merchandise Stocker/Pricer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 18, 2016
fast paced job with fun people to work with, regional managers couldn't find the right manager to run the store while i was working there.
Strange Culture; More concerned with the bottom line than a non-profit should be
Leadership Development Coach (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIAugust 18, 2016
I found that you had to watch everything you said and did. Any step out of turn would be reported to the "cultural Leader" in HR. No individualistic thought was allowed. Everyone had to completely tow the company line. If you are looking for a professional, business atmosphere, where diversity of THOUGHT is appreciated, this is not the place for you.
Great team work
Sales Associate/Production (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2016
A hard working team that makes production everyday. There is something to learn everyday and new products that are introduced to us. The management team is organized and always has an open door policy. We all work hard as a team to get the work done. The hardest part of the job is when someone calls out frequently or goes home early. Meeting new people and being able to give the customers great clothes at a low price.
Pros
Being acknowledged for the work we do
Cons
Not enough money
Goodwill is a great job to have!
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIAugust 18, 2016
Goodwill is a great driving job. I would love to go back to work for them. They have great benefits and pay! I didn't know Goodwill had so much business!
very poor leaders
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 18, 2016
Always working on a skeleton crew, lots of hostile employees, and they pay very little. I love the companys mission but they do not value there employees.
Great Place to work
Cashier Checked out Customers (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLAugust 18, 2016
Checking out Customers, putting clothes out on racks,Great co-workers,no hard part,working with the Public.management was well organized very helpfull.
Pros
Lots of nice people, fun work
Cons
partime only then
Good Place to work, Great benefits
General Employee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 18, 2016
I was there for 15 years and generally enjoyed my time there. My enjoyment was directly effected by how good my supervisor was. The good thing is bad supervisors either move on or get canned.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Sometimes co-workers
great place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZAugust 18, 2016
love the fact everything is scheduled and you know what to do and there are no daily surprises. Our store is like a little family we all work together and everyone is drama free.
Feels like a Family, close teamwork
Support Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIAugust 17, 2016
Great place to work, wonderful people and a family like environment. Teamwork focused. Goodwill has been called the best kept secret, numerous programs in the community and numerous benefits for the workers.
Pros
Numerous benefits, good break schedule, wonderful people