Goodwill Southern California

Goodwill Southern California United States Employee Reviews

Not what it seems
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Diamond Bar, CAApril 24, 2015
District Manager is more worried about how good store looks over workers health. I was sick on the store grand opening day and the Dstric Manager did not even bother to call 911 until i asked a coworker to ask them to call for me
Horrible place to work
Business Service Representative (Former Employee), Newhall, CAMarch 16, 2015
they work you and there is a certain culture they focus on hiring. Not very professional. Dont bother working here, its all a front on how they try to help those with disabilities, they work them for less than minimum wage and they work their entry level employees as well.
A great place to find jobs
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CAFebruary 6, 2015
when i arrive in the to work usually i start up the computers get everything organized for the day enter all time sheets form the day before enter all PIFs. I greet all incoming participants
Well-known nonprofit organization
Development Grant Writer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 30, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: management
Mostly a positive vibe but lacks room for growth and some of the managers lack proper training.
Good place to work at if only the pay was more rewarding.
Career Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2014
Pros: your allowed to learn new things, get trained and help others.
Cons: not enough pay for those of us who are not entry level.
Day to Day activities are different working here.There is always something new to learn, my supervisors are great, a good mix of people working here but we all seem to get along well. The most enjoyable part is knowing that you have done something today to help others empower themselves.
Great place to start a career move
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: company growth
Cons: leaving
I began my work day with a great breakfast from the company cafeteria .Then to my dept long in to my computer start making calls to clinics or working on files ,I learned how to be more patient with disable people my eyes were opened by there kindness and warmth their abiltiy not to get upset no matter what the situation ,My coworkers were kind and helpful .Hardest part of my job watching someone not pass a drug test and get job that is needed MY Director gave me a chance to grow and be self suffient in company never was a micromanager was a nice person .The best part was working with the disababled
Starting Over
Donation Associate (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAOctober 14, 2014
A great place to get back on your feet. Generally laid back atmosphere with great co-workers. Physically demanding at times but you meet some great people.
Great company culture.
Supported Employment Program Supervisor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2014
It's been a great experience. I have grown so much from working for this organization.
Janitorial Training Service's Program
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: hands on work
It was a good out line program that got right in to hands work, 5 days a week 5.5 hour's a day and 1 hour& 10min's of class time to go over work duties for the day.
"Goodwill to those with "Special needs", but "You don't matter if you don't!
Food Services (Current Employee), Los AngelesJuly 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: from my obesservations, and experience...no organization, ownership, and a boat load of contradiction.
This is my first experience with Goodwill, in any form. As a new employee for this company, and/or non profit organization...I have to say with all honesty...WWWOOOWWW!!! Logically ...anyone, or company would research the Industry in which they choose to try and penetrate,and/or be part of, but not Goodwill. You would think the company that hired a professional Consultant in the Industry that they would like to penetrate, would at least consider the advice, and/or experience that they are paying for, but not Goodwill." If you have no disabilities and are thinking of applying to Goodwill..I advise you to reconsider for your own good, and wish you good luck if you do except any position with this company. It seems their true motto seems to be...."Goodwill to those with Special needs, but You don't matter if you don't."
learning place to work
Career Resource Clerk (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: not being able to help with job searches
my field is to help people find a job, and i love seeing there faces when the participants come back and say, I helped them found work.I also help the participants build and make resumes, job leads, I input the participants information in our computer on a daily basis. My supervisor has such a sweet spirit, my co-workers are so helpful.
productive
Career Resource Specialist (Current Employee), El Monte, CAJune 26, 2014
Today i had an amazing day at work it feels good to help people make a resume an send them out to jobs. finding out days later they they got called into a interview an got the job knowing my from help they had a opportunity in life.
Interesting and great atmosphere to work in!
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Inland EmpireMay 30, 2014
Former employee. Low pay but great benefits! No room for advancement. Upper management has no clue!
Valuable Internship
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Pomona, CAMay 29, 2014
Pros: great people to work with, constant development in the field, free lunch every now and then.
Cons: no positions available for interns, interns are extremely restricted to what they can work on.
The workplace was amazing i was able to learn what each individual liked so that way i already knew how to handle things when working there. I had an issue with separation between co- workers, But other than that everything else went just fine. Management was enjoyable to a certain extent. I really enjoyed working there because i enjoyed the type of work given. I just wish that the internship was more organized and that they had things cleared with district on what was allowed for interns to learn hands on and what wasnt instead of "playing it by ear" and if the internship was intern to hire position.
Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 17, 2014
• Protected employees, guests, clients, and physical assets by enforcing company policies and procedures while providing exceptional customer service in the process.
• Observed, detected and reported conditions and incidents with a high standard of alertness, responsibility, and confidentiality.
• Answered calls for security assistance promptly, effectively and professionally. Prepared Incident Reports, Daily Activity Reports, and e-mail communications.
not fun, bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Clarita , CAMay 11, 2014
Did not like working here, seems like company does not care about employees
n/a
Sales Representative (Former Employee), West Covina, CAApril 17, 2014
it was good working there, nothing wrong with it. I enjoyed the vibe that everyone had working there. The work wasn't hard when everyone pitched in and helped.
Lack of support
Material Clearance Handler (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2014
Workers would stand around while one would do all the work. Management was unresponsive.
good place to work
Youth Career Advisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 27, 2014
Good place to work, Good benefits, everyone welcome you, provided you with training. I learned diferent programs.
Janitorial Training Program
Custodial Worker (Former Employee), CAMarch 17, 2014
Daily 8:00 am until 3:14 pm
Im learned Floor Care, Office Cleaning and Restroom Cleaning. I am very great cooperate with management and my co-worker. when i being training program hard part of the job is deeply cleaning and make sure everything pecfert cleaning. This Janitorial training program mostly my enjoyable different things that i learning.