Goodwill of Central Arizona

Goodwill of Central Arizona Employee Reviews

I'm so blessed to be part of the Goodwill Team.
Donation Attendant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2015
Goodwill gave me the opportunity other employers wouldn't. i'm so blessed to be a part of this Non Profit Organization. They gave me hope when i was loosing hope and not only that but with there help ive been able to change my life around. My financial status is getting better thanks to them and im so thankful.
Thanks Goodwill.
SCCEP PROGRAM
Career Advisor Asissant (Current Employee), PhoenixMarch 23, 2015
Pros: experience
I Like the Goodwill. I(t is a great company to work for I like being in the career center, I have a great understanding of computer programs and how Human Resources work today.
Fun, but highly productive place to work.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: gainful employment; excellent pay; fun co-workers
Cons: job location changed frequently
A typical day here consisted of completing a routine daily report as a team, while being able to answer phones and provide information simultaneously. The rest of your day was spent providing useful information to callers regarding no cost job search and training opportunities as well as various other forms of referrals and positive coaching. One needed to have a sense of initiative and common sense in order to provide the utmost in Customer Service, both internally and externally. Other reports were to be completed with a specific daily quota and this was the least enjoyable part of the job as it required a great deal of guesswork to complete. I enjoy having specific guidelines to follow rather than a responsibility that involves guesswork. Management was very helpful in ensuring that one had all the tools needed to succeed and meat the needs of the caller, but it was ultimately one's positivity, organizational skills, and sense of helpfulness that allowed one to succeed. At the end of the day, assisting folks who are 'at the end of their rope' to the path of gainful employment was definitively rewarding indeed. We ran our team as a smooth operational workplace. I would return to this position if ever requested to do so as I excelled at the opportunity.
Assistant Career Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: wonderful place to provide resources for everyone when searching for employment
Cons: wishing we could get everyone a job
Productive training for me to help give me more confidence to re-enter the work force after being out of the work field for over ten years taking care of my Mother. I have learned so much while advocating for the job seekers. They have varied needs outside of seeking a job. I take pride in the fact that Goodwill allows me to advocate for the job seekers in other areas as needed. My computer skills were at the minimum when I started a few months ago and now my knowledge of how to use the computer has increased tremendously. I still have much more to learn, but I am convinced that I will be ready for employment when I leave Goodwill. I have never had so much fun while learning. My supervisor is amazing and I am learning so much watching and listening to how she engages the job seekers no matter how challenging they might be. Advocating for the job seekers is the most enjoyable part of my training. The hardest part of my day is when it is slow and there are not any job seekers to help. I enjoy working with my co-workers. I am so grateful that I am blessed to have been given this opportunity to train here while waiting to finish school and to become employed.
Fun place to work, great employees!
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Prescott, AZDecember 16, 2014
Pros: coworkers, new people
Great place, some people dont really think of the workers as they should. Meet lots of great people and make friends!
Getting quirky at Goodwill
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fountain Hills, AZOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: usually understaffed
A typical day would consist of getting to talk to all the regulars and meeting new people. I learned to deal with people, even the difficult ones. The management was made up of incredible people who wanted to see everyone succeed in the job and outside of it as well. Co-workers were great for the most part, a couple of them I still am best friends with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the busy days (every other Saturday was 50% off everything). The most enjoyable part of the job was the regulars. Living in a small town, I got to know so many people on a personal level.
Do not work for this company unless there is no other hope of getting a job.
Donations, production backup, Production pricer. (Former Employee), Tempe, AZSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: the career centers are great places to work and have great programs
Cons: working in retal donation stores is not worth the stress, and you are payed very little with low raise.
Good for a Starting job but don't expect to make it a lasting career. Although I like the fact that their Career Center really helps people. Working for them is not worth the stress. I am a very hard worker, and love to work hard, but they pay very little. For the last 3 years working for them I started at minimum wage and ended at only 9.00 an hour. To tell the truth I really enjoyed working for them the first 2 years then new management rolled in, but even before things started to change. I never worked for a company that had such strange and absurd rules. Hard work in some cases is rarely complemented. Production is always worried about losing there jobs. At times there distribution center management is poorly informed and organized, and most store and production managers are always breathing down your neck. Retail management is always stressed an I have witnessed too many to ether quit or be terminated. Working as a Donation Attendant at times you will be the only one closing at night. Management to keep budget shorts staff and cuts hours after Holiday pay in some cases and expects to get double the work out of production. At busy times OSHA safety regulations are not followed. I have witnessed workers quitting or being harassed to quit. Although I am not sure how every store is, but at a recertification meeting talking to other workers it seems like the same vibe and frustration. I am not saying do not donate to them because I think their Career Centers really can help people, but at times they really take advantage.
The Mission is Great! Now only if they followed it!
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: nice office
Cons: management to many chief not enough indians, if you are not in managements circle, you will not advance
I enjoyed the idea of working for a company who's mission is to" put people to work" but the fact of the matter is turnover is super high, management does not care about the little guy and growing employees not in their circle.
horrible place to work don't even try to work in the janitorial department
janitor (Former Employee), Scottsdale AZAugust 23, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: a lot.
This company don't care about people they just care about them.
very poor upper management they don't have any idea of what they doing.
it is unfortunate the CEO has not idea of what the division management is doing to the real cause of "goodwill"
Good place to work for
Volunteer (Former Employee), Peoria, AZJune 29, 2014
You get to meet people that you don't know and you see them come in every day and you know their names.

When it gets slow and you are standing there its hard to do anything but do something else until another person who needs help.
Computer Instructor
Computer Instructor (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJune 24, 2014
• Administer oral, written, or performance evaluations to measure progress.
• Evaluate training effectiveness to meet students' varying needs, abilities, and interests while supervising and monitoring students' use of tools and equipment.
• Generate reports for budgets analysis, personnel records, or training manuals in addition to developing curriculum, plan course content and methods of instruction.
• Maintain accurate and complete confidential student records as required by laws or administrative policies.
• Enforce Goodwill requirements by submitting weekly, monthly, and yearly activity progress report to Director of Operations.䱒
Product Merchandiser (Current Employee), Mesa, AZMay 19, 2014
Pros: set schedule
Cons: pay is very low
Donation Attendants take donations. Those donations go to the product merchandisers to be prices and put onto the sales floor.
Steady Work
Cashier (Current Employee), Prescott azMay 14, 2014
steady work, job security and they try their best to make store flow and the benefits are good.
Career Center Assistant
Career Center Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2014
Assisted all visitors in the Thomas Road Career Center with writing resumes and cover letters, setting up e-mail accounts, and in using the fax machine and copier, also supplied information and sales in the Chandler Vision Gallery.
Career Center Educator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 12, 2014
Typical day consisted of helping people accomplish finding a job and using my supervisory skills to do so.
Productive workplace with a friendly staff.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: freindly staff that was willing to help.
Cons: unorganzied management.
My co-workers were friendly and helpful in showing me the ropes when I started. The work environment was fun and allowed the staff use of their creative imagination in setting up furniture and store displays. However, in the time I was employed, there were five changes in management personnel. This led to a lot of confusion, and I'm sure a loss in sales due to unorganized communication and goals.
Love my Job but it has its cons
Retail Sale Associate (Current Employee), PhoenixDecember 31, 2013
I love working my co-workers are nice, love been an retail associate. But there's are costumers that gift you a hard time about its about the costumer service. One thing I don't like is that my co-workers smoke and I get allergies.
I worked in offsites and corporate settings.
Business Serv Spec/ Career Advisor/Empl Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2013
Pros: i worked for an organization that was effective, their mission statement is, goodwill puts people tp work!
A typical workday was 8am- 5pm, I worked with in the Workforce Development Department assisting clients with barriers to employment. These programs were funded through the US Department of Education and Labor. I liked to work with individuals assisting them in becoming self sufficient.
No fun place to work
Linens Retail Merchandise processor (Former Employee), Mesa, AZNovember 28, 2013
Was let go because I got sick and need time off for surgery. Got write ups for not meeting goals and was searched coming into work and leaving.
Gained experience.
Retail Merchandise Processor (Former Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 24, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor work enviroment
I am used to helping others.This job was mostly warehouse work and poor conditions.

Goodwill of Central Arizona Salaries