Goodwill of Central Indiana Employee Reviews

Productive & Secure Job
Shopgoodwill Associate (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 14, 2015
The work is easy going and stable. Here you can have a secure job without worries of being laid off. During my time at Goodwill I have learned to perform tasks of all kinds and have been able to learn how to provide better customer services to fellow customers. As well as learning how to better work in a team and singular setting. Management is very kind but not always stable depending upon location or circumstances. My co-workers are great and put forth good work ethic. The hardest part of my job is finding the items I need to keep sales going and stable. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to find great product that will boost sales. It's a great feeling.
Very demanding job for minimal pay and very little support from management
Team Lead (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: employee discount
Cons: reduced hours, overworked, management above team leader does not care about the employee, a huge demand for weekly goals with least amount of support, minimal propper equipment and staffing to do job, personal issues used for termination, the warehouse conserned with land ownership rather than teamwork, will reduce amount of work space to store boxes and skids, changes made without considering or consulting employees impacted to make a few extra dollars
This job is very demanding. Schedules are rotated every week to hinder an employee from looking for other jobs or planning events outside work. Employees are expected to work and achieve goals with minimal employees working. One employee is expected to do the work of four employees. Management only support ideas that will improve production if that idea comes from the upper managment. Employee ideas for improvement is not even considered. Employees are expected to make the worst possible conditions at reduced hours productive before entertaining the idea of implimenting a system that would greatly improve production and ease the burdons of the employees. Management is more concerned about making their bonuses than they are about taking care of the employee. In an 8 month period OSHA was called on Goodwill for poor work environment, overworking the employees and other work related violations that were never addressed by the management.