Goodwill of Greater Washington

Goodwill of Greater Washington Employer Reviews

A very fun work place
Production Manager (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: give's second chances to felons....
Cons: unable to shop at store.
Can't wait to see what things people donate.
co-workers are very hard workers...
room for advancement.
loyal customers.
Not very meaningful employment
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 19, 2013
A typical day consists of driving from store to store. I've learned how to drive a truck better. Management shows extreme favoritism. The job isn't hard. I don't enjoy the job due to the favoritism.
productive and fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Alexandria, VANovember 15, 2013
Pros: get to shop at the store once a month
Cons: short breaks
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting face to face with the customers
Organization where people donate clothes, furniture and more and sell them for a cheap price for people in need
Processor (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDNovember 12, 2013
I loved working there cause i like helping people, nice calm enviroment, the managers are excellent and it was easy work.
Great Place to work
Contract Supervisor (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 9, 2013
Pros: compensation and acknowledgements from supervisors
I love my job at this company and am excited to go to work daily. I have learned a lot about being a supervisor and dealing with customers daily.
great people to work with
Team Leader (Current Employee), VAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: low pay
great job but pays little for the hard work. the company doesn't stand by their own set rules.
Company Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 10, 2013
I work in a collaborative environment that emphasizes team work and customer service. This job requires multitasking and doing the work within tight time frames.
Only missed two day the time i been there
Assistant Production Manager (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDDecember 18, 2012
Pros: employee appreciation day
Cons: understaff
Kept busy all the time
learned open and close store
learned reports

wesa report was the hardest

turning a negative problem into a positive one (ex. donation a mess when I wasn't there also floated to the different stores to help out

Turned one store from a -16,000 in two months above 8,000

Was included making 2 million
Love working here!
COO (Current Employee), 2200 S. Dakota Ave NEOctober 19, 2012
Pros: great mission, vision and values
Cons: you will work hard
I have been here for almost 9 years and I love what Goodwill does. I have had the chance to be a part of improving the lives of so many people by creating job opportunities and a great working environment. Management truly cares about the associates and is constantly thinking about ways to improve their skills and abilities so they can live a better – more... life.

Having come from a for profit background I appreciate the opportunity to use all of my business skills to help others. I feel like I am paid at a good rate for my position, have strong benefits and a lot of fun at work. If you are looking for a place you can make a good living and be proud to work for Goodwill is a terrific choice. – less
Mission and employee focused
Director (Current Employee), Washington DC areaOctober 19, 2012
Pros: healthy work environment, mission focused
Cons: growing enterprise puts a strain on resources
A positive culture focused on serving both its employees and its community. Goodwill of Greater Washington wants its employees to succeed!
Overworked
N/A (Former Employee), FairfaxOctober 5, 2012
Pros: ok benefits
Cons: not enough pay for what they expect
Always demanding extra meetings and training that are worthless. If you do get hired do not work the front you will be pushed to the limits. Management really doesn't care anything abiout the employees, it's all about profit.
Poorly managed zoo
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: reasonable work hours.
Cons: bad management, no job security.
Goodwill's finance department is run by managers with poor leadership skills. The management will communicate what they want but provide no direction. Some of the Senior staff has ongoing side businesses and use company time to devote to their side business.
Working for Goodwill
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMay 21, 2012
Pros: it's a paying job
Cons: poor mgmt, couples in hire positions working together
It sucks!!!! The job treated me like I was a theif and liar. If you can fnd other work, please do so because this job will drive you crazy.
Goodwill of Greater Washington provides an environment where learning, creative solutions, and ideas are shared at every level.
Manager, Workforce Development (Current Employee), Arlington Career CenterMay 18, 2012
As a staff manager and program manager, I wear a variety of hats during any given day. The two programs that I manage require different levels of attention depending on the life cycle, and my staff require and deserve ongoing attention and direction - even if simply for rewarding and proividing positive feedback. I have a great staff and work with a – more... super management team - Goodwill is trying hard to move towards a culture of learning, but it will take some work and dedication and leadership. – less