Position Title: Transitional Employment Specialist, STEP UP Program
Position Purpose: To develop short term subsidized worksites, place, case manage, and support CalWORKs participants, who are not meeting Work participation hours referred by the county.
Department: Workforce Development
Reports To: Program Coordinator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Match up Work Experience participants with established short
term subsidized employment CalWORKs participants in Contra Costa
County while maintaining a match between their employment goal,
their education and the Work Experience placement.
2. Complete intake process for participants, proceed with placement
process and maintain client case load.
3. Meet with potential work-site match-up, and participant so that
work-site supervisor can meet participant and facilitate process
and procedures as it relates to STEP UP activities.
4. Excellent communication with Contra Costa County Health &
Human Services Department as needed to assure accurate transfer
of participant information and development of participant
potential for employment.
5. Maintain participant files, which includes; prompt and accurate
6. Provide guidance, supervision and motivation to participants.
7. Make appropriate decisions based on this agencies business
needs and the needs of the participants.
8. Where necessary provide on-site job analysis, consultation and
recommendations for work site and job modification.
9. When necessary meet participant at convenient location for
intake as needed.
10. Attend mandatory Professional Staff meeting at Oakland Corporate
11. Attend relevant meetings when required or asked.
15. Other duties as may be assigned.
1. High School Diploma/GED. Experience working with individuals
with barriers to employment in
a non-profit sitting preferred.
3. Ability to work well independently, good independent decision
making, show initiative, organize priorities, and follow through
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Job Development and Placement experience.
6. Experience in working with broad bases and diverse populations.
7. Intermediate computer skills in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Power
8. Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and ability to travel in
the general Bay Area with own transportation.
SPECIAL SKILLS OR ABILITIES:
Ability to work effectively with diverse population; must be knowledgeable in employment practices, sound knowledge of good records management and control. Outside/inside work, sitting, walking, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5: 00 p.m., with occasional weekends/or evenings, occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.