Goodwill of the Heartland

Goodwill of the Heartland Employer Reviews

pocket change
Retail Associate/Production (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: improve work ethic and give unlimited customer satisfaction
Cons: they screwed up my two checks this last time i worked and i lost money
I worked off and on for this company in the VAs' HVRP program..worked 12 hours a week n pay twice a month...good for pocket change
I like to stay busy at work setting goals and getting them done.
Production Clerk (Former Employee), Iowa City, IADecember 16, 2013
I have never had a job that I could not do,I am always up for a new task working with a team or by myself to get the job done.
Not working nights
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Clinton, IAJuly 24, 2013
For veterans and people with disabilites they are awfull, if a vet you work only 8 weeks for 7.25 an hour but they will hire someone else and pay them 11.00 a hour.
Busy well managed store
Stock clerk (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJuly 17, 2013
Pros: regular stable hours
Recieve donations,process,price and stock items. Learned how to work with team and give good patron service.Management hard working and efficent.Co-workers helpfull team players.Hardest part of job giving good patron services while meeting producion goals.Most enjoyable part interacting with patrons and co-workers
Project Manager (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 10, 2013
If you love working with people and helping a great organization advance its mission to help individuals with barriers to independence, then Goodwill of the Heartland is the place to work.
Goodwill day hab davenport
day habilitation trainer (Former Employee), davenport iaApril 17, 2013
Pros: help people with disabilities
Cons: no break programming is hard to learn set you up for failure
I just got fired as a temp there and now their making it full time non temporary and making more money are you kidding me I got fired on some bogus reason don't work there you can get assaulted and say you wanna press charges and you can't cause its against their policies.
Rock Island Store former employee.
back room help. donations ect. (Current Employee), Rock Island ILMarch 11, 2013
Pros: job
Cons: everything!
This was the worst job I have ever had!! For many reasons. first You have to deal With the main manager who is unpredictable. She plays favorites, and talks badly about emplyees to other employees. If she is in a bad mood or just mad at you for no reason she will completely ignore you and any questions you have. You will be taught how to do the same – more... job different by every supervisor. You stand at a table all day grabbing filthy clothes full of stains, dirt, animal hair, and even blood. just to find a "good" piece to tag and hang. again every supervisor will agree or disagree with the article you choose. if you enjoy being constantly picked on, carrying heavy boxes beds chairs ect. from peoples cars. then digging thru basically there garbage. then you will fit in. Oh I cant forget to mention the sewing circle of women who whisper gossip and snicker directly to your face. HORRIBLE ATMOSPHERE! If your willing to put up with these conditions for $10.50 Your a better person than I. This job caused me foot and back pain. Anxiety and alot of neck aches from shaking my darn head. Take my honest advice and do not apply for this job. Not worth it!! Oh and there open 4th of july, memorial day, Vets day, New Years eve ect. I have one good thing to say, the customers were mostly nice and if not nice entertaining watching them try and change price tags and fight over the line. – less
Productive and fun place to work for.
Production Clerk (Former Employee), Bettendorf, IAJanuary 29, 2013
Everyone was very easy to get along with which made the job more enjoyable to go to. We all worked together as a team to get every job done which is why we were the number one store several years in a row and we hit 2 million dollars last year which is amazing. The managers are awesome. They work right along with you and very approachable.
A good place to work
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Rock Island, ILJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: break every 2 hours
Cons: evening and weekend hours. janitorial aspects. limited hours
A typical day involves stocking display floor, assisting customers, and recieving donations. Ilearned more about retail operations.The managers are fair and good at their jobs. Co-workers are very good. The hardest part for me is being on my feet and moving the entire shift. Dealing with the customers is the best part of the job.
Good place to work, friendly people
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Rock Island, ILDecember 22, 2012
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: not enough hours
Stocking floor with goods, helping customers with any questions, taking inventory
Productive and fun work environment
Production Clerk (Current Employee), Moline, ILOctober 16, 2012
Pros: goodwills mission is valuable to the community
Cons: compensation
Typical day at work starts with stretching and getting your station ready- making sure you have all tools needed to do the job- Every station requires you to produce- either soft or hard goods.
great place to work. crew is a team, fun to work with.
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Davenport, IAMarch 30, 2012
Pros: fun team environment, work hard, play hard.
Cons: patience, is, required
the crew and management were fun and helpful, a true team effort. management worked as hard and harder at times than employees. right there beside you most of the time. ensured everyone got their breaks even if it meant they took their place. they earned my loyalty and my respect and being a former Marine, loyalty came easy respect was earned.