GOODWIN HOUSE ALEXANDRIA Employee Reviews

Cna
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 26, 2015
I had a great experience working with this company. This company had great growing potential and support to further my education.
well maintained building, computerized nursing notes, supplies available
Registered Nurse - Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 4, 2015
nice place to work. Busy but not overwhelming patient load, great co-workers. Most enjoyable is getting to know the residents. Most unenjoyable is constant interruption while doing the medication passes and documentation.
Pros
great benefits, nice co-workers
Cons
interruptions
Mostly management issues
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 25, 2013
My co-workers were hardworking, and the facility is beautiful. They offer many good things for the residents, and solid benefits for employees. Making a difference to the residents, making them happy is a great reward of this place. If the management changes, this has a great foundation to be a great place to work.
Management will scream at employees in the middle of hallways, call up your mistakes and insult you by name in meetings, and will shift their mistakes onto the lower employees. They are very into the "blame game." The priorities continually change, the rules continually change, and written policies are either 1) contradicted by what management says or 2) not humanly possible. Management will even forget to inform employees of policy and procedure changes, then harangue employees for not following it. When management's mistakes are pointed out, they will act like they never happened. They have even harangued employees and find out 1) the mistake they were yelling about never actually happened or 2) that was the wrong employee.
Pros
Good benefits, beautiful facility
Cons
Management is terrible
A Company Built on Values
Concierge Services (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 27, 2012
Goodwin House is a great company to work for, with strong values and an easy going culture. My co-workers are always professional and very friendly; interacting with them and the residents on the daily is the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job is the unpredictability of the differing situations that occur every day and knowing how to respond to them. My only concern about working in Goodwin House is my career advancement; it is a small company with very few positions in my future career path.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GOODWIN HOUSE ALEXANDRIA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8