Goodwin Procter LLP Employee Reviews

Zero chances for advancement
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 25, 2017
Goodwin uses the staff to skew their diversity numbers. The partners are mostly straight white males, so the staff is comprised of anything but straight white males in order to make the firm seem diverse. Opportunities to advance are often mentioned but never materialize. Management is divisive and vindictive.
Pros
Beautiful office
Cons
Dead end career path, spiteful management
If you like to gossip
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2017
If you like to gossip and not be required to work hard for your money then it would be a perfect fit. You get to do what you want when you want and get to report your fellow co-workers.
Great opportunity to learn
Business Law Case Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 6, 2017
I worked at Goodwin Procter while finishing law school and could not have asked for a better environment in which to develop my professional skillset. Goodwin absolutely has a big law firm feel to it when it comes to how younger attorneys are pushed and the extremely high bar for work product. You are constantly surrounded by high achievers and brilliant individuals at all phases.
Pros
Strong work environment, demanding, strong team mentality throughout
Cons
Strained work-life balance for many
A great place to work overall
Anonnymous (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAAugust 9, 2017
A great place to work! There is plenty opportunity for advancement. The people here are very nice. The attorneys are very personable and down to earth.
Great training, you will give your life to the job
Corporate Associate Attorney (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2017
The best training you receive as a lawyer but you will give your life to the job. It is a trade off. No one will care about you but you will be compensated.
Pros
Money and training
Cons
You will have no life
San Francisco Office is a nice place to work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 17, 2017
Generally a good place to work. Some issues with HR management both locally and from the Boston office. Firm communicates well with personnel. Good benefits and time off plans.
Entry level library co-op
Technical Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 13, 2016
A position open to Northeastern students which requires attention to detail and ability to multitask. Multiple areas of focus including filing, invoices, spreadsheets, and many others.
Professional environment
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 23, 2015
Goodwin Procter was a wonderful place to work, great people, resources and the best tools for technology. Good benefits and work environment with ongoing training and support. I supported two partners, one counsel and one associate. It was a busy desk on most days and the attorneys could be demanding but were appreciative of my work. I learned many software programs and professional skills and I took advantage of the ongoing optional training that was available to me. My co-workers were supportive for the most part and we all worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was finding enough hours in the day. The most enjoyable part was the new challenges that were presented to me and working with clients, both internal and external.
Pros
Good salary and benefits and great work environment
Cons
Large international firm in constant growth
Great experience and friendly colleagues
Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 5, 2015
I grew as an attorney and gained a lot of experience. I reached a ceiling that could not be broken through for another 5-6 years and so it was time for me to move on to a new opportunity
Great people & place to work
Enterprise Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2015
I have been very satisfied working at Goodwin Procter. They are very good with work life balance. I have been working here 3 years and I am compensated well.
Pros
location
Excellent place to work
Executive Assistant to CIO (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 9, 2015
Heavy calendar management, travel coordination, liaison between my boss and other offices and departments. Document preparation and editing using excel and powerpoint.

Great group of people. Love being kept extremely busy.
Work very well under pressure, have an outgoing and personable personality and excellent communication skills.
Meh
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MSeptember 2, 2015
There is a lot of work to do and you don't always have the time to get it all done. There is very little work life balance. There is more focus on the managers than there is on the profession staff. You need to be a work horse to survive.
Pros
Team members
Cons
No work life balance
Love Every Minute in this office
Payroll Administrator (contract) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 12, 2014
As Payroll Administrator, I provide backup to the payroll department in processing the monthly exempt and bi-weekly non-exempt staff using Ultipro and Krononos time management systems. It is a huge challenge to make sure that all the bi-weekly timecards are completed accurately and approved on time. In addition to assisting employees with payroll questions, my job requires me to work closely with Human Resources, Benefits, Finance and many other departments throughout the firm.

The best part of my job is working with the knowledgeable and impressionable payroll staff. I could not do my job effectively without the help of my wonderful co-workers in Payroll. Walking in the hallways and interacting with employees from other departments is also very pleasant. It's like a home away from home.
it was an fast workplace environment
Intake Associate / Litigation Support (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 2, 2014
this position consist of a constant multitasking ability and also
communication at all times. receive all phone calls, keep track of all faxes/emails direct and respond in a timely fashion for all 700 employees in the firm. Delegated the majority of work amongst co-worker. Working under management requires much punctuality
and things being done in a timely fashion. the hardest part of the was doing court runs and coming back then keep flow and understanding of the front desk once return. i enjoyed the responsibility in general
there was learning in the mist of it all. and i learned the importance of punctuality.
Pros
Free lunch, great working environment
Cons
managements communication
Good place to develop as an associate
Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 17, 2014
Hours are long, but the partners with whom I have worked are good people, and treat associates like human beings, with a genuine interest in developing their skills.

Compensation is market. Partnership is tough, but attainable.
Nice office in a cool building
Staffing, Training & Professional Development Asst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2013
Goodwin Procter LLP was my first “real job” out of college. It was very exciting to work in Manhattan and with such a dynamic group of people. This might have been my first job but it is where I discovered my career path. Education is very important to me and I love being able to enrich peoples careers via the world of training.
Interesting and never a dull moment
Legal Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 27, 2012
Great place to work but looking for something closer to home
Great place to work.
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 1, 2012
Enjoyed my time at Goodwin Procter. Positive environment.
Pros
good work environment.
Cons
help desk was outsourced.
High expectations, but with a laid back atmosphere
Case Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2012
I currently work at a law firm and the culture at the particular office I work in is overall very encouraging. For example, a number of attorneys I work with involve me in the litigation or case process as much as possible. A typical day usually involves data entry, document management, Food and Drug Administration research, and proofreading memoranda.

At times the work load is hectic, fast paced, and demanding, but I have managed to cope with and perform under pressure. I believe the attorneys I work with greatly appreciate this multi-tasking ability.

All my co-workers have a great sense of humor and everyone is extremely respectful to each other. It is a great office for interacting with individuals who are not only smart, professional, and extremely dedicated, but who also know how to create an enjoyable atmosphere for others.
Best law firm I have worked for so far
Case Assistant/Junior Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 12, 2011
Goodwin Procter is an incredible firm and I would work for them again in a heartbeat.