Goodwin Procter LLP Employee Reviews

Great experience and friendly colleagues
Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 5, 2015
I grew as an attorney and gained a lot of experience. I reached a ceiling that could not be broken through for another 5-6 years and so it was time for me to move on to a new opportunity
Great people & place to work
Enterprise Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2015
I have been very satisfied working at Goodwin Procter. They are very good with work life balance. I have been working here 3 years and I am compensated well.
Pros
location
Excellent place to work
Executive Assistant to CIO (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 9, 2015
Heavy calendar management, travel coordination, liaison between my boss and other offices and departments. Document preparation and editing using excel and powerpoint.

Great group of people. Love being kept extremely busy.
Work very well under pressure, have an outgoing and personable personality and excellent communication skills.
Meh
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MSeptember 2, 2015
There is a lot of work to do and you don't always have the time to get it all done. There is very little work life balance. There is more focus on the managers than there is on the profession staff. You need to be a work horse to survive.
Pros
Team members
Cons
No work life balance
Love Every Minute in this office
Payroll Administrator (contract) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 12, 2014
As Payroll Administrator, I provide backup to the payroll department in processing the monthly exempt and bi-weekly non-exempt staff using Ultipro and Krononos time management systems. It is a huge challenge to make sure that all the bi-weekly timecards are completed accurately and approved on time. In addition to assisting employees with payroll questions, my job requires me to work closely with Human Resources, Benefits, Finance and many other departments throughout the firm.

The best part of my job is working with the knowledgeable and impressionable payroll staff. I could not do my job effectively without the help of my wonderful co-workers in Payroll. Walking in the hallways and interacting with employees from other departments is also very pleasant. It's like a home away from home.
it was an fast workplace environment
Intake Associate / Litigation Support (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 2, 2014
this position consist of a constant multitasking ability and also
communication at all times. receive all phone calls, keep track of all faxes/emails direct and respond in a timely fashion for all 700 employees in the firm. Delegated the majority of work amongst co-worker. Working under management requires much punctuality
and things being done in a timely fashion. the hardest part of the was doing court runs and coming back then keep flow and understanding of the front desk once return. i enjoyed the responsibility in general
there was learning in the mist of it all. and i learned the importance of punctuality.
Pros
free lunch, great working environment
Cons
managements communication
Good place to develop as an associate
Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 17, 2014
Hours are long, but the partners with whom I have worked are good people, and treat associates like human beings, with a genuine interest in developing their skills.

Compensation is market. Partnership is tough, but attainable.
Nice office in a cool building
Staffing, Training & Professional Development Asst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2013
Goodwin Procter LLP was my first “real job” out of college. It was very exciting to work in Manhattan and with such a dynamic group of people. This might have been my first job but it is where I discovered my career path. Education is very important to me and I love being able to enrich peoples careers via the world of training.
Interesting and never a dull moment
Legal Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 27, 2012
Great place to work but looking for something closer to home
Great place to work.
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 1, 2012
Enjoyed my time at Goodwin Procter. Positive environment.
Pros
good work environment.
Cons
help desk was outsourced.
High expectations, but with a laid back atmosphere
Case Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2012
I currently work at a law firm and the culture at the particular office I work in is overall very encouraging. For example, a number of attorneys I work with involve me in the litigation or case process as much as possible. A typical day usually involves data entry, document management, Food and Drug Administration research, and proofreading memoranda.

At times the work load is hectic, fast paced, and demanding, but I have managed to cope with and perform under pressure. I believe the attorneys I work with greatly appreciate this multi-tasking ability.

All my co-workers have a great sense of humor and everyone is extremely respectful to each other. It is a great office for interacting with individuals who are not only smart, professional, and extremely dedicated, but who also know how to create an enjoyable atmosphere for others.
Best law firm I have worked for so far
Case Assistant/Junior Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 12, 2011
Goodwin Procter is an incredible firm and I would work for them again in a heartbeat.

4.4