Goodyear

Goodyear Employer Reviews

Airship Operations- Will be swept out of the door for no reason.
A&P Mechanic - Airship Operations (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FloridaNovember 21, 2014
Pros: some good people work there.
Cons: watch your back. you are totally replaceable.
Gave 2 stars because I met some great friends there... But we were all fired together- for being friends. Management at this location is not equipped to make smart decisions and you will be watched on camera like you work in a prison. Watch your back because the Director of Airship Operations takes pleasure in firing and is looking to slash people and – more... plug new ones in for his "yes man" Pilot In Charge even though the place runs great. It's not uncommon for HR to fly in from Ohio and sweep a half dozen or so out on the street. No reason is given. Very ugly treatment when you take pride in your job and put up with so much. Safety is not the number one priority and there are some long days with little or no overtime for your efforts. Pay scale is very low in exchange for being a "Goodyear Blimp Mechanic". I wouldn't expect that things will improve much since Goodyear has bought 3 new Zeppelins and they are 10's of millions over budget. – less
pay was good
Tire Builder (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCNovember 17, 2014
Built tires allday and i learned alot about tires. Management was kinda grumpy cause they were replacing them with younger workers and having them train us. You work alone in your own spot with your own machine. The hardest part of the job was the fumes from the rubber were very strong. I loved that we were paid every 1st and the 15th.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
MANAGER (Former Employee), AUSTIN TEXASNovember 16, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: vacation time was hardly ever approved
GOOD PLLACE TO WORK IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FAMILY. FAMILY TIME FOR ME WAS AN ISSUE BUT THE PAY WAS GOOD.
Good place to work.
Lube and Tire Technician (Former Employee), Katy, TXNovember 11, 2014
Pros: emplyees discount
Cons: an hour brake
Its a fun place to work at, ,I had a very friendly co-workers, the great management was always involve with great help and team work.
Fun Job.
Supervisor Trainee (Former Employee), Calhoun, GANovember 6, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: long hours at times
Fun Job. Worked hard but really good job site and employees. Looked forward to work.
productive and great place to work
Unicircle Leadman (Former Employee), Social Circle, GANovember 3, 2014
Pros: great job and insurance for family
Cons: extremely hard work with lack of manpower
great management, good people to work around, great benefits
Solid global company focused on manufacturing and distribution.
Center Manger Wholesale Distribution Center (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 1, 2014
Day consisted of fulfilling customer orders, predicting up to 60 day needs, ordering, DOT compliance, hiring, firing, talent development, inventory control and customer service. I enjoyed the customer/employee interactions. There were no aspects of my job that I did not enjoy.
good place to work
Extrusion Technician (Former Employee), Social Circle, GAOctober 30, 2014
very good place to work, just didnt get hired through company
it was a very tough and physically demanding job with little chance of getting promoted
Production Processor (Former Employee), Lawton, OKOctober 29, 2014
I liked this job I just could not physically do it any more. It was very low pay and no benifets for my family.
decent work enviroment
tire builder (Former Employee), Union City, TNOctober 24, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Cons: you lived at work most days
The pay here was decent however the tirefloors were not very female friendly
Not the worst place to be
Tire Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2014
I experienced flexible schedules, kindness from employees, a huge amount of forgiveness concerning mistakes. It's a very relaxed atmosphere, if you can keep up with the workload, which can be high at times. Safety gear is free, and benefits go through in 3 months instead of six, which is possible at other companies.
Untrained Management
Maintenance Area Manager / Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Topeka, KSOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good associates
Cons: micro managing, confused management
Management that only knows how to point fingers or take credit for good things. No team work. No accountability.
Political Environment
Retail Development Manager (Former Employee), Akron, OHOctober 22, 2014
Very political career path and favors those who are career dealer channel individuals in spite of the fact this is the biggest money losing channel for the company.
First mechanic job
General Service Technician (Former Employee), Aurora, COOctober 16, 2014
This was my first mechanic's job, meet a couple of good friends there, they taught me a lot.
Hard labor but good pay
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no benifits
Typical day involved moving antique furniture and setting it up for the auction. Cleaning and repairing the items as well as the shop took place daily
Responsability
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Homestead, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: competitions
Cons: promesis
Responsible for day to day sales, learn to multitask under a demanding environment with customer constantly requiring you attention.The hardest aspect is when corporate calls you on a sales call at your most busiest time, failures to achieve their requirement will end up as a disciplinary write up.The location in Coral Gables is one of the busiest office – more... , customers will get upset from us answering the phone at time of sales. – less
great place to work
Electrician (Former Employee), Gadsden, ALOctober 11, 2014
Pros: great job good people good management
Cons: nothing that i know of
a great place i highly recommend this to anyone if i didnt have to move closer to family i would still be there
productive
General Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 10, 2014
Customer service, job skills obtained that will be needed in the future.
Fun place to work
Customer Advisor (Former Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 10, 2014
Pros: fun, co-workers and trusted
Cons: benefits, hours, advancement
This was a fun place to work. Great people to work with and I was trusted with a lot of responsibility and advice.
Very bad choice
Janitor (Current Employee), Akron, OHOctober 9, 2014
If I knew that the management was this bad I would have never applied here. I am sorry but I honestly have NOTHING nice to say about this job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Goodyear

Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 73,000 people and manufacture – Read more