Goodyear Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Fast-Paced
Tire Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 28, 2016
Typical day is clocking in 15 minutes early, walking to job's work station and going to work. You are not special, you are a very replaceable worker. This is especially true if you are a temp worker, Goodyear will most likely fire you for any reason possible, before they have to pay you any benefits. Coworkers are unreliable and useless. Hardest part about the job is standing for 12 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting paid $9.50/hr and overtime pay weekly.
Pros
money
Cons
coworkers, management, long hours, short breaks
Hard work and good wages and benfits
Tend Curing Presses (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at work is knowing you have a job to go to. What you learned how to improve productivity and quality. Work hard and be competitive.Management good and knowledgeable to work with.Co-workers easily to get along with. We help each other. The hardest part of the job is the heat that comes off the molds. The most enjoyable part is be able to take part in activities.
Pros
Good wages
Well paying company with long, difficult hours.
Production Specialist Senior (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJanuary 14, 2016
Very long hours and somewhat unattainable expectations. Culture is punitive with no positive re-enforcement. Silo mentality with departments pitted against each other. Good compensation is the only saving grace. HUGE disconnect with what Akron (global headquarters) preaches and how the plant treats you.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything else.
Very productive, fast paced place to work.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCFebruary 2, 2016
My typical day started at 7am or 10am. Clean front of store, greet any customers, and make sure their expectations were met.
In the automotive field, you learn new things everyday. It's a constantly changing business.
Management was easy to get along with and operated well.
Co-workers were great to work with.
I can't think of anything hard about this job.
Most enjoyable part was getting to interact with the public and learn more about cars/trucks.
Pros
Hours, benefits, co-workers
Cons
no cons that I can think of
Old school environment
North America Consumer Sales Team (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 14, 2015
This company has many wonderful people working there which is definitely the best part of the job. They are friendly, intelligent, generous and committed to excellence. However, management is stiff and very slow to change their ways even though the management teams change at the drop of a hat. There are very few opportunities for advancement (the same people just rotate positions) and the culture is a stereotypical old school network. In the corporate environment, it is expected that all associates are available 24/7.
Pros
marvelous people
Cons
outdated, negative culture
Challenging and rewarding
Continuous Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMarch 31, 2016
The tire industry is much like any other automotive environment as it is fast paced, demanding, variable and rewarding. Goodyear treated me fairly and they take care of their employees.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Long hours and weeks
Stayed busy, enjoyed driving and delivering to well established customers
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  LAS VEGAS, NVAugust 10, 2015
Moved freight, stock and other materials to and from storage, production areas and loading docks. Reported all equipment failures and malfunctions to supervisor as well as, maintained warehouse in compliance with OSHA safety standards. Delivered tires and equipment to dealerships and other store locations.

I learned inventory management, organization, responsibility.

Management was great, laid back but always their to educate you.

Co workers were great, like a family.

Hardest part of the job was unloading 700+ tires off a semi truck in 110 degree weather.

Working with great people at company that took care of their employees. Even have a BBQ every now and then.
Pros
Energetic and upbeat environment, raises every 3 months, BBQ's every now and then
Cons
Went out of business
Not bad if u enjoy the heat, no AC, and being dirty eveyday.
General Service (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 10, 2015
No vacation time for my full time position

10$ an hour is okay, but they make you buy $1000 worth of tools to do the job efficiently and correctly to "their" standards

If its gets slow for even an hour they cut your hours and get sent home early

Iv had 3 different managers within the few yearsworked here all with a different style of management...

back shop employees are unreliable and call in a lot leaving the lower level employees over worked on the busiest days... Fri-Sun

the job it self is not bad, change oil and change tires. Its a labor job

a lot of unnecessary paper work for every car, for which most customers don't care for...

shop equality is poor

after 2 years still have yet to receive any kind of raise after working my tail off and being a consistent employee.
Pros
Learn from upper managment mistakes, easy going, somtimes fun environment.
Cons
the texas heat, unreliabe shop team
Overall this is a very active, productive workplace.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 29, 2016
Typical workday consisted of getting my equipment, reporting to my work area, and performing assigned tasks until end of shift.
Learned to accommodate other employees foibles and anticipate management requirements to ease shift performance.
Management was workable, some with common sense in dealing with workers, others not so well trained or controlled.
Co-workers generally were good natured, good humored, and easily worked with.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with poorly maintained equipment and sometimes lower level management attitudes.
Most enjoyable part of my job there was the crowd at the punch clock at end of shift.
Pros
Smoke free break rooms with fairly well maintained vending machines
Cons
Too noisy (background) to easily hear PA system calls/announcements
Long hours great pay
Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 27, 2016
A good place to work if you want to have job security and make a lot of money. Long hours of work. Made a lot of good friends. Still have long lasting friendships with a lot of the employees there.
It's okay for teenagers.
Assistant Store Manager/ Sr. Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CANovember 9, 2015
Not the best place to work at but if you can live on minimum wage then this is the place for you. If the store is not doing good, everyone gets blamed for it and no one gets raises. Asking for weekends off is like pulling teeth. Only district managers and managers get taken cared of, and the little people get no recognition, no raises, but they do get to do all the hard work.
Pros
Cons
Company doesn't care or appreciate employees.
Worldwide Experience with Goodyear
Industrial Engineering and CI Manager (Current Employee) –  Valencia, GJanuary 18, 2016
One of the best experiences that I have learned from The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company, has been the daily contact and work not only with local peers.

During my five years in Goodyear almost everyday I've been having contact with peer in other countries in South America, North America, Europe and Asia.

My experience visiting several places in all regions with Goodyear has given me a multi-cultural experience, helping me to increase my personal networking and management experience.
Pros
Multicultural experiences, trainings, great co-workers
Cons
Internal Communication, payment, local leadership
Good work place and a work environment
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 16, 2016
typical day is disassemble tire presses, doing preventive maintenance. doing this process I've leaned how the press works. Management helps us by having the parts we need to do our job safely. My coworkers are knowledgeable and hardworking. Hardest part is the heat caused by the steam giving off by the press. the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we completed the task safely
Pros
indoors, working with my hands, coworkers, safety
to be a good place to work, Don't?
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 26, 2016
I work at goodyear for a couple of months and the manager I had complain about the same time over an over, when they have stuff that didn't go and the work sheets they will expect employee to write them down, even if you write it down they said there's no need for it, so wich one its going to be, then if u said that something break is ither the employee foult , so the owner is going to agree with the manager , but if u said that the parts needs changing cuz it can be time, well no he will make it the employee foult , so when u have a manager that sucks it will never change? It goes down hill from there on? To said more this is the (Hartford. Ct) if u here and come here take ur car there anything u can said they broke they will fix . Cuz is the manager employee problem , not the manegment.or the chain.
Pros
they company is good but the manager sucks
Cons
u can said it broke there an they fix it
Great People, slow culture
Consumer Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 6, 2016
Goodyear's main issue is the pace in which its culture operates. Unfortunately, Goodyear's legally conservative culture doesn't allow it to do anything creative. Additionally, this legally conservative culture slows down business to a grinding halt. It took 4 months to get the Goodyear legal department to approve a simple license order for a $25k MR project. Not only did it not meet the business' needs in time, but it soured a relationship with a great supplier.

The people at Goodyear are great. Bar none -- the best in the world. Goodyear will never be top dog until it learns to take risks. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening.
Pros
workplace amenities, benefits, people, PTO/vacation
Cons
slow culture, Getting alignment on every single decision
Goodyear pays their employees every week
General Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 7, 2016
Goodyear pays their employees every week and gives them 40 hours.Management is trying to put this Plant under their doing a good job. Favoritism is a high problem here. Everyday you can see certain people slacking off and its always the same ones which also just happen to be the ones that always get away with it. Its the hard workers that feel the brunt of any problems. For caring your most likely to be degraded and insulted and that's not just by your coworkers but some of management as well. Allot of the workers there would sooner stab you in the back and tell a supervisor what your doing wrong then do their job and do it correctly. transfer to another state.
Hard work but only decent Beneifits
QA Aircraft Tire Inspector (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 4, 2016
If Management is trying to put this Plant under their doing a good job. Favoritism is a high problem here. Everyday you can see certain people slacking off and its always the same ones which also just happen to be the ones that always get away with it. Its the hard workers that feel the brunt of any problems. For caring your most likely to be degraded and insulted and that's not just by your coworkers but some of management as well. Allot of the workers there would sooner stab you in the back and tell a supervisor what your doing wrong then do their job and do it correctly. You do have some good management and good hard working employees that work there but they are completely over shadowed by by bad mangers and employees.
Good Environment, Hot or Cold at times
Green Tire Trucker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 5, 2016
On a typical day you work at a steady pace, sometimes you have to fill in for others, Management could be more helpful and can communicate better in some areas, pay is pretty good, medical is awesome. This is a production based job so it has it's good days and bad.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
short breaks
This contract is hard to summarize. My other contracts here have been more enjoyable.
Project Engineer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJuly 20, 2016
This job is very different than my previous contracts with Goodyear.
My first contract was a temp assignment that lasted 20 yrs. The contracts are determined by the amount of Capital per job, that is what allowed me to stay so long on the first assignment.

The job I'm working now, has an end date and has been a learning experience. I actually have two jobs here. One is Project Eng. Assistant, the other is Cad drafter. The drafting pays a higher rate and comes more natural to me.
Pros
My manager has not worked as many years here as I have.
Cons
I have to fin for myself on many issues.
Great Company Poor Management
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  BellevilleNovember 29, 2015
The pay was relatively decent, the job was not very hard and the company offered decent benefits.

The office manager had a poor attitude and was very unprofessional. Easily upset and created a hostile work environment.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No real management