Goodyear

Goodyear Employer Reviews

GoodYear Consumer relations
Consumer relations (Current Employee), miami, flMarch 24, 2015
This job requires assisting Goodyear authorized dealerships offering them concessions and advising them warrantable conditions. We assist the dealers with replacing the tires on the customers vehicle depending on the issue. In addition, we make appointments for the customers at Goodyear service centers to get their vehicle inspected so that we can better assist them.
challenging workplace, tested my and my co-workers abilities to perform together
Auto Technician (Former Employee), Norridge, ILMarch 19, 2015
Pros: training, tools, clean working conditions.
Goodyear invested in me as I was a young adult, and they sent me to training to different locations, and once I graduated, I performed very well in the field. I began to teach other co-workers, at my workplace, and out performed them. I did finally manage a store with 5 technicians, and to begin with, it was difficult, but it all paid off... determination, drive to succeed.
bonus
Technician/Trainer (Former Employee), Union City, TNMarch 18, 2015
Pros: picnics
Start by checking machine to make sure it was in spec. You could go to management with your problems. The people where great. The hardest part of the job was when you had to choose different jobs. I loved working there because everyone was family.
Cool workplace
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: nice benefits
Cons: long hours constantly busy no time to slack
The shop i worked at was pretty good the other employees were pretty cool to work with good people.
You really had to work hard at this place when 1 car was gone you had 3 more waiting for you.
You will not be coming in at the top you have to work your way up the ladder.
productive an fun workplace
inbound/outbound (Former Employee), Groveport, OHMarch 12, 2015
Pros: paid production
Cons: no music
a typical day at work would be me loading or unloading the tires from or onto the truck so that they can be shipped an delivered to the right companies or places given
Specialist (Current Employee), Akron, OHMarch 2, 2015
Pros: ability to set your own path.
Cons: the "us" and "them" cultural divide with the union.
Honestly a great place to work. Many jobs available in a variety of different career paths. There are always positions opening and the company is willing to explore new managerial directions as they grow.
Opportunity Comes with a Cost
Development Engineer (Current Employee), Akron, OHMarch 2, 2015
Pros: clear expectations, decent people
Cons: travel/relocation, cost cutting culture, not employee focused
Company is beginning to be more stable financially, but cost cutting is still a large part of the corporate strategy.
Opportunity for advancement is there, with transfers and movement regular, but some groups/departments still have managers with stalled careers. You must be flexible to the companies needs, and they will most likely not be flexible to yours. Relocations/Distant work assignments are never as temporary as they present, and are expected for advancement.
People are competitive, but still provides a family feel. A lot of pride among employees.
Safe environment, Productivity and customer satisfaction
Service Manager (Current Employee), New Britain, CTMarch 1, 2015
Presently i work as a service manager, my job description is supervising the workers, and the day to day operation in the shop. I am also responsible for estimating repairs and advising customers on the importance of repairs and recommendations. I also work closely with my technicians on issues for best results.One of my main goal as a Service Manager to my customers is to efficiently get their services done in a timely manner.
ITraing was available as was advancement.
Financial Analyst, EDP Auditor, Programmer (Former Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: solid company what you see is what you get.
Cons: old fashioned. slow to change
Opportunity for movement within company. Training for career development. Slightly old-fashioned. Stodgy but consistent.
Good Work Atmosphere & New Building
Supplier Collaboration Intern, Global Procurement (Former Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 25, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed interning at Goodyear. Their new corporate headquarters makes coming to work very enjoyable. I was able to workout on site every day in a new, large facility.
Great opportunity to communicate in several different areas
Communications Specialist (Former Employee), Lawton, OKFebruary 23, 2015
* Able to coordinate communications via email, digital signage, newsletter, etc. to communicate needed messages for over 2,000 associates.
* Ability to interact with community on several different events.
negative
Tire Assembler (Former Employee), Lawton, OKFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: decent wages
Cons: unsafe working conditions. poor training program.
The work was labor intense and hazardous. A typical day at work involved something breaking down on a machine. I learned that having a job that you enjoy is extremely important. My co-workers seemed unhappy and complained a lot. The hardest part of the job was making the required quota of tires. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the tire hold area.
work life balance
Service Manger (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good team members
Cons: long hours
Good place to work, not much time for family or personal things. Team members are great but it is very difficult to take care of anything other than goodyear's business. Mandatory 6-day work weeks make it difficult to have a life or tend to the needs of children. Holidays are mandatory and weekends are mandatory, unless leave is scheduled.
Good pay and benifits
Blow-out inspector/trainer/team lead of department (Current Employee), WisconsinFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: benifits
Working with this company for 20 + years, I have had opportunities that have allowed me to learn and have hands on working situations in safety, 5-S, 6-S, Lean Manufacturing, Training. I most enjoyed being hands on in improving the working conditions for all employees. As for management, they do the best they can working in a union environment, according to procedures and policies. I feel my co-workers are the experts that are doing the jobs with the supervision of management and as a team produce a positive product. The hardest part of my job would have to disqualifying a training employee that can not understand the process.
Great Company
Service Technician (Former Employee), Greensburg, PAFebruary 15, 2015
I loved working here. My co-workers were absolutely awesome and made the hours fly by. Management was always very cool and you really do have advancement options. Its all about how much you want it and how far your willing to go. The company will do the rest.
productive and good employees
customer service advisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 14, 2015
great company to work for. pay was great. i would reccomend them to everyone. it was a fun place to work at. pay and bonus very good
Great place to work for
Service Technician (Former Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great place to work
This is a great place to work. The management and owners are great people. My co-workers are great to work with. While there, my automotive skills were honed as I learned quite a bit. I had an opportunity to interact with customers. Once a month we would have a BBQ. In slow times we always found ways to keep our selves busy but training or keeping the shop clean.
Best Work Environment
Global IT Security Intern (Current Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free food throughout offices, asian food wednesdays
Cons: frequently changing management due to retirement or promotion
Working in the IT department at Goodyear I had the pleasure of meeting and working with some of the friendliest and most knowledgeable people I have ever known. Every manager I worked under was a kind effective leader who encouraged and supported the team, driving us toward success in each project. By far the best place I've ever worked.
A great place to work
Region Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Essington, PAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: salary, benefits, sponsored events
Cons: hours
Goodyear Tire is a great place to work with hard working, dedicated associates. A typical day was supporting the General Manager and his sales team that are responsible for 3,000+ Tire Dealers/customers, working on reports, helping the team with training on systems and processes and customer service to the sales force or customer. A capricious atmosphere that was never dull or boring. Management is focused on their customers and reaching objectives and goals. Co workers are a hard working, dedicated, fun bunch of people and everyone worked well together as a team. The hardest part of the job - working after hours and weekends to keep up with the work. The most enjoyable part are the people and satisfaction that my support was value added.
Production Daily handling
Area Production Manager (Current Employee), Gadsden, ALFebruary 1, 2015
Managing and watching over union workers to make sure you get the full benefit.

Making sure all business are working together on building the right tire at the right time

1 2 3 4 5

About Goodyear

Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 73,000 people and manufacture – Read more

Goodyear Salaries