Goodyear

Goodyear Employer Reviews

it was a very tough and physically demanding job with little chance of getting promoted
Production Processor (Former Employee), Lawton, OKOctober 29, 2014
I liked this job I just could not physically do it any more. It was very low pay and no benifets for my family.
decent work enviroment
tire builder (Former Employee), Union City, TNOctober 24, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Cons: you lived at work most days
The pay here was decent however the tirefloors were not very female friendly
Not the worst place to be
Tire Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2014
I experienced flexible schedules, kindness from employees, a huge amount of forgiveness concerning mistakes. It's a very relaxed atmosphere, if you can keep up with the workload, which can be high at times. Safety gear is free, and benefits go through in 3 months instead of six, which is possible at other companies.
Untrained Management
Maintenance Area Manager / Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Topeka, KSOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good associates
Cons: micro managing, confused management
Management that only knows how to point fingers or take credit for good things. No team work. No accountability.
Political Environment
Retail Development Manager (Former Employee), Akron, OHOctober 22, 2014
Very political career path and favors those who are career dealer channel individuals in spite of the fact this is the biggest money losing channel for the company.
First mechanic job
General Service Technician (Former Employee), Aurora, COOctober 16, 2014
This was my first mechanic's job, meet a couple of good friends there, they taught me a lot.
Hard labor but good pay
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no benifits
Typical day involved moving antique furniture and setting it up for the auction. Cleaning and repairing the items as well as the shop took place daily
Responsability
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Homestead, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: competitions
Cons: promesis
Responsible for day to day sales, learn to multitask under a demanding environment with customer constantly requiring you attention.The hardest aspect is when corporate calls you on a sales call at your most busiest time, failures to achieve their requirement will end up as a disciplinary write up.The location in Coral Gables is one of the busiest office – more... , customers will get upset from us answering the phone at time of sales. – less
great place to work
Electrician (Former Employee), Gadsden, ALOctober 11, 2014
Pros: great job good people good management
Cons: nothing that i know of
a great place i highly recommend this to anyone if i didnt have to move closer to family i would still be there
productive
General Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 10, 2014
Customer service, job skills obtained that will be needed in the future.
Fun place to work
Customer Advisor (Former Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 10, 2014
Pros: fun, co-workers and trusted
Cons: benefits, hours, advancement
This was a fun place to work. Great people to work with and I was trusted with a lot of responsibility and advice.
Very bad choice
Janitor (Current Employee), Akron, OHOctober 9, 2014
If I knew that the management was this bad I would have never applied here. I am sorry but I honestly have NOTHING nice to say about this job.
I enjoy my job. I love to come to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Charleston SCOctober 9, 2014
Pros: helping customes make the best decision for their needs
Cons: angry customers
I opened the store early each day in order to maintain the Manager's reports. With the reports turned in first thing in the morning I can give the customers my complete attention. I am a hands on Manager. I have no problems helping with all the daily duties from making the big sales to cleaning the bathrooms. My store is a team we all work together.
Manufacting Production of Aircraft & Passenger school, military tires
Drum Mechanic Crew & Tire Builder technician (Current Employee), Danville VirginiaOctober 7, 2014
A great place to work & provide for your family with gaining knowlegde on the process of how machines are suppose to function with components that are needed to build the quality tires that are so important in our world today. Safety meetings are also a big part of working at Goodyear as well as meetings on how to move forward in improving safety to – more... business providing job security. – less
Good company to work for when I began...
Area Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCOctober 5, 2014
Busy, accountable, stressful, bullseye, fast paced.

It was great for 37 years. Raised a wonderful family while there.
Factory
Cure Operator (Former Employee), Sun Prairie, WIOctober 3, 2014
Enjoyed my time there. Team atmosphere with opportunities to better yourself. Management was helter skelter at best. Enjoyed my co-workers and miss them most. There was really no hard part about working for this company. My time as Expediter was my favorite job as it allowed me to free lance problem areas.
good learning experience
Contractor Qualitech Maintenance (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXOctober 1, 2014
you will learn alot about saftey. good pay and benifits. fast paced work enviorment.
Positive, upbeat office environment
Business Insights Analyst (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARSeptember 29, 2014
Each day was fast and furious, never a dull moment. The management in our office were very positive and encouraging to each of the employees.
A disappointment
Employee (Current Employee), Danville, VASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: benefits, salary
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
Goodyear provides excellent benefits and salary. However, there is not a lot of room for advancement. People with little or no education will be promoted before those who have education. It has a good ole boy culture. Advancement is all about brown nosing.
Store 445 in Sulpher Springs, Management is Diplorable.
Technician (Former Employee), Sulphur Spring, TexasSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: district management is great.
Cons: inadequate training.
Manager berates employees. He has no problem reprimanding employees in front of customers. If not in his clique you will not get ahead and you will get calls that should be given to others then questioned as to why you can't do your job. This happens when you have not been trained in this area. Don't go there.

About Goodyear

Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 73,000 people and manufacture – Read more