Goodyear Employee Reviews

Goodyear Rubber and Tire
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 30, 2017
This was a job that I definitely learned a lot from. I experienced the whole process from start to finish. My first experience in management and one I will never forget!!
Pros
health insurance
Cons
dirty, long hours
No consistency in operating proceedures
Service Advisor/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 26, 2017
Management needs to work with employees to maintain set schedules. Employees are transferred too often and not given the chance to learn the culture of the environment.
great place
Tire Recapper (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYMay 24, 2017
Me and 83 others were laid off do to the coal mine shut down, but as far as the job goes it was an awesome company to work for. I worked in security & the laboratory department.
Decent pay but down side.
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 24, 2017
Competitive pay and benefits but dealing with the customers to always make them happy can be exhausting. Much different than just a regular retail job, Work long hours, but there's overtime. Most days is an hour lunch time (unpaid).
Pros
discounts, free lunches occasionally, nice customers
Cons
loud work environment
n/a
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAMay 23, 2017
My typical day at work would have been by myself. The management fought like little kids. I enjoyed my job just not the management. The people that worked in the back of the shop are the best they worked hard and did what was asked. The management is what is the issue with Goodyear in pooler.
Plenty of work
ELECTRICAL-MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Social Circle, GAMay 23, 2017
Always plenty of overtime. But you will have to be willing to get dirty. Really dirty. I did not mind the dirt so much as I did the rotating shifts. 12 hour shift that alternated between day and night every few days that made you feel like a zombie most of the time.
not a bad place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2017
upper management is all about money. they use the cheap advance auto parts a lot of warranty work do to cheap parts. Store is slow not much work coming in lately.
not to good
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 21, 2017
typcial day isnt to consistant. always something different. the pay is piece work pay and work gets slow a lot. sometimes gets difficult since its not a consistant pay each week. always varies
Pros
piece work pay
Cons
work slow
Ok place to work stay out of management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SC 29673May 20, 2017
If you are a manager be expected to be heavily micromanaged by corporate office and regional staff. medical compensation is OK but could use improvement. Fun working with Goodyear as long as you stay out of management. pay not as competitive as other Commercial dealers such as Michelin or Bridgestone.
Pros
most of people
Cons
micromanagement
Management- Union
Alpha Shear Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 17, 2017
I had some issues to come up medically, and the doctor that I was going to decided to lie concerning my case. He was a goodyear doctor, I did not go to him as a goodyear employee and he was the main cause of me losing of my job. Then he would not see me as a patience anymore. The union did not looking out for me as they should have a fought more. It was easier to let me go.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 15, 2017
Manager was really nice, helped me go to alignment school, Good hours, decent pay, I hated to leave there, but it was 19 miles to drive through Baton Rouge traffic, which on a daily basis is / was a nightmare.
Pros
decent hours
Cons
not really enough money
Good Company
Resourceful leader adept implementing high profile (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 14, 2017
You are sure to be challenged in this company. Typical work schedule does not allow weekend time off. The positive side at Goodyear is the excellent pay and benefits. If you have the degrees behind your name I believe your potential is endless. If you do not have the degree, then Goodyear offers you the opportunity to take extra courses to improve your situation.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime, no weekends
paid alot
General Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDMay 13, 2017
Goodyear has a commission that far exceeds most companys. I have made good money without a lot of hassles. The upfront staff are nice and the sundays hours arent that bad.
An enjoyable, productive internship
Student Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 9, 2017
I was hired as a college intern for a summer at Goodyear, on a software development team of 4 other students. We were tasked with creating a software product for corporate executive use, stationed at our own college rather than the Goodyear campus itself - a common arrangement made by our college. As such, I cannot remark on the work environment on-site.

However, we were in constant contact with the 3 Goodyear executives in charge of the project we were hired to complete. There were slight communication issues at times, as management of the project was being shifted around during the work period. However, we were still able to meet and exceed their expectation during the time period. We were not pressured to do more than we were capable of during the time period. In the end, they greatly enjoyed our final product, and the overall job was a great experience.
Production workplace and business oriented only
Trucker Driver (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 8, 2017
During my time here I have encoutered lots of great people. The hardest part of work is getting along with your managers or there is not promotions. What I learned is that 12 shifts are long and will wear and tear on a family.
Pros
Great People
Cons
too many hours
automotive
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  miami flMay 8, 2017
most of the customers are ok, and if you have a great team then your not going to have any issue. you get alot of room to grow. i started as a lube oil change GS and made it to service Manager
Not the best place to work
Lube Tech (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 6, 2017
Although we had an hour for lunch I wouldn't recomend working here if you need them to work with your school schedule or if you have a family. Slow paced, not enough hours, management was rude to customers and just over all a very unprofessional work place they haze you for being new and that makes the workplace an uncomfortable place to do business
easy
General Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLMay 4, 2017
tires and oil,no in depth auto repair,pay is good if you excel,corporate only cares about numbers most don't know what any part of a car is besides a tire,corporate teamed up with advanced auto so parts are of low quality
Corporate customer service training.
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 3, 2017
At Goodyear customer service is key. You will gain automotive knowledge over time if you don't have it. Flexible hours for students. Goodyear was a great company to work for.
some times fun
oil tech..tire tech (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYMay 3, 2017
fast paced
learned alot of new things
pretty much work alone alot of the time
easy but not hard work
could of payed better
management is not eay to get along with
Pros
learned alot of new things
Cons
alot of late nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.