Goodyear Employee Reviews in United States

Keeping a family business afloat
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 6, 2016
I truly enjoyed Deckard Tire Company, because I had the opportunity to really dig in and become a part of something, A small, mom-and-pop shop, we all worked hard, and at the end of the day we felt like we had accomplished something. Our customers were our friends, not just targets we were shooting at, and our goal was always to provide a valuable service and make them happy, not just separate them from their money.
Average performance for a large company
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 9, 2015
Changes in upper management have occurred about every 5 years since first day working there. The have good and bad management depending on the situation. Old school good old boy attitude has a tendency to limit their growth of market share potential
Great co worker and great benefits.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 6, 2015
Work here for over 15 years, co worker are great, management in sales and service are great.
Great lunch room.
Was for 1st real job and I learn a lot ..
Pros
great hours
Cons
great heath care ....
Low pay
Warehouser (Current Employee) –  NONE NYJuly 6, 2015
Low pay. If you kiss up you get promoted. 7/Yrs and have only had a $3 raise in all the years of hard work never paid up. Some co-workers are good others should of stayed at mcdonald's because they are too lazy. Vacation? What vacation... Had one in all 7 years and they complained about it...
Goodyear remains a leading company to work for
Various manager positions (Former Employee) –  Akron, Lawton & Union CityOctober 3, 2015
Goodyear has a very strong brand name, however the tire industry is not one to attract a lot of excitement. The facilities are large, dirty and built in isolated locations. Most are 24-7 operations that negatively impact any work/life balance.
Cons
24/7 operations
A great place to work
Region Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Essington, PAFebruary 4, 2015
Goodyear Tire is a great place to work with hard working, dedicated associates. A typical day was supporting the General Manager and his sales team that are responsible for 3,000+ Tire Dealers/customers, working on reports, helping the team with training on systems and processes and customer service to the sales force or customer. A capricious atmosphere that was never dull or boring. Management is focused on their customers and reaching objectives and goals. Co workers are a hard working, dedicated, fun bunch of people and everyone worked well together as a team. The hardest part of the job - working after hours and weekends to keep up with the work. The most enjoyable part are the people and satisfaction that my support was value added.
Pros
salary, benefits, sponsored events
Cons
hours
Productive and fun workplace
Loader (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAOctober 26, 2015
In the short time I was there, I enjoyed the coworkers and the benefits was excellent! There was nothing hard about the job. I learned how to drive a squeeze tow motor and loader tires on to trailers.
It's very stressful workplace
ADMINISTRATIVE DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 8, 2016
I was working with Sellars Goodyear from 2012, the work environment is so stressful, I learned how to work with GBMS.
I am adding value to the work every day, but they don't adding value to me my skills is the same nothing change in my experience.
Pros
Free Fuel
Cons
Bad Managment
great benifits and compinsation
GMT 2 (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAMarch 27, 2016
overall great place to work. 5 day work week always have sundays off and are very flexable with scheduling. work flow is steady because its based off customer pay.
Pros
great hours
Cons
nothing
Good company
Union Steward (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 4, 2016
Listen to complaints about other employees and management. sat in meeting with supervisors about said problems or disputes. ran weekly meeting with chief steward from the main plant.
Pros
the pay was good
Cons
unhealthy enviroment
Fast paced work environment
Roll Changer / Tire Enhancer (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 27, 2015
The hardest part of this job was trying to work as a team in the common goal to achieve the numbers. What I loved the most about this job was the different walks of life I was able to come across. Great job with great benefits but definitely long hours
Pros
high wages, alot of overtime
Cons
your co workers
Not a positive environment. Too few people getting the work done
OTR Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane Vly, WAApril 6, 2016
CEO very good. North American team is not positive and good people have been eliminated if they fall out of the norm.
Very negative beat down environment to work in.
good place to work with good benefits
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 24, 2015
This was a good place to work with great benefits but was in a very bad location. There was too much competition up the road from this store so most customers stopped at our competitors before they ever reached us.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad location
My Review
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 29, 2016
I enjoyed working there I just didn't enjoy some of the people I worked with.
I also don't think changing tires was for me and the only troubles I ever had was with the smaller tires.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
To flexible of hours
Work Quaility
technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2016
Day goes fast because i enjoy what i do and i gained alot of experiience in the field.loved my co worker like family .sometimes you will run across something u need help with but u never stop learning.
Pros
pay
Cons
sometimes cars r challeging
a new experiance
Automotive mechanic (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 5, 2015
the management was the problem was always over my shoulder was not use to it i had no good days i was the only one in the shop but it was mechanic work my passion so i went with pay was great thats what i enjoyed
Pros
uniforms
Cons
very busy
Good pay and benifits
Blow-out inspector/trainer/team lead of department (Current Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 16, 2015
Working with this company for 20 + years, I have had opportunities that have allowed me to learn and have hands on working situations in safety, 5-S, 6-S, Lean Manufacturing, Training. I most enjoyed being hands on in improving the working conditions for all employees. As for management, they do the best they can working in a union environment, according to procedures and policies. I feel my co-workers are the experts that are doing the jobs with the supervision of management and as a team produce a positive product. The hardest part of my job would have to disqualifying a training employee that can not understand the process.
Pros
benifits
A company in desperate need of an overall. New leadership for a 21st century.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 11, 2015
The best part of the day was working with the customers. The rest of the day was busy spent trying to remain calm and not get frustrated by management. A total lack of support and dinosaur system for software made it very difficult to do a great job.
Pros
Ability to work on own vehicle.
Cons
management, software, work/life balance
Certified Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 9, 2016
Hours are long but you stay busy. Co-workers are friendly and the work not to hard. I ran the presses to make tires, used a fork lift to move rubber around in plant.
Pros
Fun to work for
Cons
The heat in plant.
A learned alot about auto repairs.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LASeptember 22, 2015
They did you have good supportive management. So I had to complete the job in my own. I liked working alone. Did you know when you would get off of work at night. I was to get off at 7:00 p.m. but always worked at least to 7:30 or 8:00 p.m.