Goodyear

Goodyear Employer Reviews

Factory
Cure Operator (Former Employee), Sun Prairie, WIOctober 3, 2014
Enjoyed my time there. Team atmosphere with opportunities to better yourself. Management was helter skelter at best. Enjoyed my co-workers and miss them most. There was really no hard part about working for this company. My time as Expediter was my favorite job as it allowed me to free lance problem areas.
good learning experience
Contractor Qualitech Maintenance (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXOctober 1, 2014
you will learn alot about saftey. good pay and benifits. fast paced work enviorment.
Positive, upbeat office environment
Business Insights Analyst (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARSeptember 29, 2014
Each day was fast and furious, never a dull moment. The management in our office were very positive and encouraging to each of the employees.
A disappointment
Employee (Current Employee), Danville, VASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: benefits, salary
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
Goodyear provides excellent benefits and salary. However, there is not a lot of room for advancement. People with little or no education will be promoted before those who have education. It has a good ole boy culture. Advancement is all about brown nosing.
Store 445 in Sulpher Springs, Management is Diplorable.
Technician (Former Employee), Sulphur Spring, TexasSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: district management is great.
Cons: inadequate training.
Manager berates employees. He has no problem reprimanding employees in front of customers. If not in his clique you will not get ahead and you will get calls that should be given to others then questioned as to why you can't do your job. This happens when you have not been trained in this area. Don't go there.
Something till something comes along that is better
Service Manager (Current Employee), anywhereSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: sundays off
Cons: stressful
After reading all of these comments I can see a big different’s when it comes to working in the Goodyear retail stores compared to working in other departments of the Goodyear company. I have read most of the reviews for retail store employees and I can relate to most of them. I m a service manage doing the job of the store manager and sales staff and I get paid ten cent more than our lead tech which isn’t much to begin with.

The thing that hits home the most is the store manager gets all the glory because the suits don’t really know what’s going on or maybe they don’t care. I think that my sales should speak for something.
The pay sucks for the techs also and there is not much room to move up in the company since they don’t higher from within like they state in the job listing.

The prices are also out of this world and trying to sell stuff without discounting it is impossible to say the least.
Tires can also be a hard sale when Goodyear sell tires to other companies and them company cuts our throats on them since we can’t sell them below what the store pay for them. Then when something goes wrong with the tires we give to other chains out of our inventory we get stuck eating them.

While, we got the suit wondering why tires sales are down. All the while we are told we earned a customer for life. But after they pay maybe 300 dollars for a sale that should have been close to a grand they take their vehicles to another place to get all their service done. We may only see them for the free rotate and balance and nothing more.

Go and try and suggest something and we are told – more... straight out not to bother since we have our own tech, or I do the work myself, or my husband does the work. Then there is my favorite say, “we are selling the car” and you see the same car three more years with the same rap about selling it.

Dealing with people can be fun at times and other times you just wanna walk out. As we all know there are some nasty people out there and I can say they are not afraid to cuss you out. You can even bend over backward and jump through rings of fire and they will still call the cry baby line and report you.

The best part is when they start cussing you out and screaming at you when tell them they need something and tell them the price of the job. The best one is when the person calls around getting prices on the three hundred dollar to find it may cost eighty five dollars plus tax. Now they are calling you are crook in front of everyone in the store.
Our benefits also suck that is if you can afford it to see for yourself. When I first started the insurance we once had was awesome. I didn’t have a copay or anything and it was a fare price.
I can go on but I just wanted to state my opinion after reading all the reviews and I would tell anyone to try to get into any other part of Goodyear as long as it’s not the retail part. Because there is no union in the retail stores and the pay sucks.

The other part that sucks is while corporate in closed on holidays and weekend the retail is there no matter what. There is only two holidays we get is Thanksgiving, and Christmas. They do give you personal days but what good is that when your family and friends are having fun on New Year’s Eve while you are in bed because you got to work new years day.

Another perk of working on days that corporate is closed is when people are turned down for the credit card or they drive an hour to have their tires adjusted and you can’t help and they start to yell and scream at you because of it. – less
It is an okay place to work as long as you fit in
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Akron, OHSeptember 18, 2014
I just got laid off from there. Company was great to work for but job security was low.
Managment and ownership is terrrible
MECHANIC (Former Employee), Seminole, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Though they take great care of the customers, they treat the employees with favoritism and disreguard.
It's a job not a career
Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: get paid every week
Cons: no 401k, education assistance and not many advancements
Typical job not much room to move up the latter, anytime you're dealing with cars you're bound to learn something new, management could be a lot better, co-workers are real cool and stick together, hardest part of the job is dealing with the weather, most enjoyable part of the job is we're closed on Sundays.
not a good place to work if you are not a single person
General Technician (Current Employee), Augusta, GASeptember 11, 2014
Cons: made to stay over if you took a lunch at any time.
very little training,,no help in doing jobs long hours no breaks . Management did not offer time to do training
Good Place
Area Manager (Current Employee), Danville, VASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: make good money
Cons: the hot summer months
I have experienced and learned a lot working for Goodyear tire and Rubber company. Having the experience of working on both sides of the water, working hourly then switching to salary, was a very trying transition, which I handle very well, You have to learn and teach people that although you came from the floor that my duties changed, and we all have a job to do. The most enjoyable part is the people that I work with and work under me.
Good to go process
Gerneral maintance tech (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: 1hr lunch, good team players
Cons: lack of management support
team work is the key, get cars in, analyze vehicle for changeable parts or fluids. report ticket back to sales man and continue with next ticket.
productive and fast speed work place
Tire builder (Current Employee), Lawton, OKSeptember 1, 2014
building tires, 12 hours rotation shifts, helpful coworkers, handle heavy equipment, good pay and benefits
tiring
General Service Technician (GST) (Former Employee), Moore, OKAugust 27, 2014
Pros: learn what i can do and can't
Cons: managment was unruly
very busy and was tiring learned some of what i wanted to learn but didn't learn the rest.
Pays well but very poor work environment
Production Area Manager (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCAugust 27, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: poor upper managerment
Pays well but very poor work environment. This is a decent starter job.
Proformance Shop
Service Writer (Former Employee), Upland, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: goodyear products, staff was hard working
Cons: owner passed away and family did not want to keep the business alive.
Everyone went out of there way to keep customers happy and coming back. On my day off, I would call on business and offer free tire rotations and oil changes and then up sell them into a Snythetic Program.
I really enjoyed meeting the public.
Great learning environment. Great honest people to work with.
General Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), McLeanAugust 14, 2014
Pros: always being able to stay busy.
Cons: having too much work to do with not enough employees.
A typical day at work for me would be, pulling in cars, inspecting the cars, recommending things that need to be replaced on customers vehicle, working in a fast pace busy environment, doing oil changes brakes, mounting, balancing tires,and also clean shop.
6 days a week
Retail Sales Manager, Warehouse Manager, (Former Employee), Chillicothe, OHAugust 12, 2014
Cons: sunday was a day of rest to tired to do anything
worked very hard 6 days a week, learned alot, spent 6 weeks at goodyear management training school in akron oh.
Fun Place
General Service Technician (Former Employee), Perris, CAAugust 4, 2014
Good Place and they will move you up if desired. They care about their people.
hot place to work
Maintenance / Emergency Brigade Captain (Former Employee), Danville, VAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: hot industrial enviroment
Cons: poor management
management needs help very fast and hot industrial environment

About Goodyear

Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 73,000 people and manufacture – Read more