Goodyear Employee Reviews

Company had gotten too old to do the needed upgrades
R1 First Stage Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC 28311July 28, 2017
My time their engulfed my entire adult life.
In hind sight the amount of money and time at the age of 20 when I was hired took it's toll on me. I started making the wrong decisions, and before I knew it my lifestyle had changed.

The company itself was and is a great opportunity for anybody
Pros
Money
Cons
Not enough time with family, and some people there do not have your best interest at heart
Great Job
Lead Pipefitter/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 28, 2017
Really good job plenty of oportunity to advance and pay.The concern was on safety always and the well being of employees. There were many avenues to relay a concept or an idea to make something better or to make changes.
Pros
Graeat atmosphere to work in
Cons
Rotating shift
Hard job, little pay
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 27, 2017
The job paid 10 an hour with commission, which didn't give you a whole lot more. Additionally, they expected you to be there 50+ hours a week. The work included high pressure sales and a fair amount of physical work.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Very low pay
great company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJuly 26, 2017
manage day to day operation of a retail location selling tires and automotive services. including scheduling, guest care, business to business and sales
good work environment
Millwright/Alternate Welder (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 26, 2017
Very good work environment. Good safety training. Small place where everyone gets along and helps each other out. Management is very helpful and knowledgeable.
Fast-paced and family oriented
Tire Builder (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 26, 2017
You have to have strong time management skills to thrive here. Depending on your area manager, it's a pretty calm place to work. Some managers are lenient when it comes to excusable absences. Come to work and do your job and you'll last at Goodyear.
Pros
Unionized
Cons
Regulated breaks
Fast paced culture
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 26, 2017
Enjoyed there working on an average of 95+ cars daily with oil changes and the safety & emission inspections that came through throughout a 10 mile radius of the store
Not good, Not bad
General Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 25, 2017
Not a great place to work, but not the worst. Pay is minimal, co-workers are good. Supplied equipment is mediocre at best. Management cannot seem to accomplish anything due to upper management not allowing them to think for themselves.
very stressfull and difficult if not up to the task
Cure technician (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 21, 2017
hot, long days and nights, hard on the body if not prepared for the position. 26 mile walk around presses that cook tires, and moving heavy tires for almost 12 hours straight.
very much enjoyed my time with goodyear
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 18, 2017
goodyear is a company that seems to value its employees, and
rewards strong performance. The company structure makes sense,
and I saw very little duplicated efforts.
nice place to work, a little to laid back though.
Chemist. Quality control laboratory (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2017
I enjoyed my time at goodyear, initially I had a great boss who let me run the lab freely and make improvements as I saw fit. The lab was very outdated and needed to be upgraded badly. By working with the head chemist at there headquarters in Akron Ohio, we did just that. After a corporate reorganization, I had a new boss that thought the lab had been fine for the last 20 years , and didn't need any changes.I disagreed, and that became a problem, but i did enjoy my time there, and found it rewarding.
Pros
discounts on tires!
Cons
There willingness to stay with the status quo and not improve.
Worked there for several years. Not bad
Service Writer/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 16, 2017
Started there as a tire and oil change person. After about a year, was transferred to to a service position with pay increase. Stayed there several years and only left cause I moved away from the area.
Pros
Cons
Could not transfer to a goodyear local to me
I owe everything I know about the automotive industry to Goodyear
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, County, CAJuly 13, 2017
Goodyear recruited me right after High School and provided very extensive training, preparing me to handle their retail stores. I really enjoyed working for Goodyear, everything I learned about the automotive industry I owe it to them.

I learned about managing people, sales, A/R, A/P, Profit and Loss analysis, marketing, advertising, auditing, and everything about running the complete store, being in charge of employees, working together to achieve a mutual goal.

At the beginning, the hardest thing was making decisions.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the recognition and being rewarded for a job well done.
Pros
Not a boring profession, and learned a lot about the automotive industry
Cons
The drive involved, long distance.
Unappreciated
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJuly 12, 2017
I worked for Goodyear in Milford for 2 years and i wasted 2 years of my life. We went through so many techians I seriously loss count. I was promise a raise never got it, I was promise a promotion all of a sudden the position I was going for was terminated. No one grows in this company unless you're kissing a whole lot of butt and that's if you're lucky. You're never home, you're always on the road 24/7 yes 24/7. The starting pay is $15 and the amount of work you do there that isn't enough specially when you're on the side of the highway risking your life, not to mention that 40 minutes away there is another Goodyear in Hartford starts off at $17 doing the same stuff. Out of all the amount of work you do they only give you a half hour break and sometimes your so busy you can't take it.
Pros
Cons
Everything and all the overtime you do isn't worth it Uncle Sam takes most of it
Chaos
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 12, 2017
For a fortune 500 company there was not much organization. Unclear career paths, and unclear organizational chart, takes pride in layovers and have them yearly
Busy days but off on weekends
Maintenance Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 12, 2017
Major company but every day is very insecure about the future with competition high. There are many tire plants being built nearby and the plant is doing its best to survive but not focusing on the main items to keep it going.
Pros
New automated equipment
Cons
Lack of education on said equipment
n/a
Assistant Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJuly 9, 2017
This would not be an applicable statement to post currently. Not a fair statement for me to give. It was a family owned franchise. The business has since gone defunct.
Stable work environment
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 8, 2017
Managed and controlled IT strategies that align with North American goals and expectations. Each IT department is aligned and committed to meeting leadership goals. I became a system administrator and advanced to leadership with Goodyear. They believe in training individuals to be able to perform their jobs to the best of their abilities.
Pros
Stable work environment, positive culture, benefits
Cons
long work hours, 24/7/365 support
Nice place to work
Bay Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2017
This was a good working environment. I had a lot of hands on learning there, the management was very professional. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help others.
Short Term Project
PC Technician - Contract (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 6, 2017
Good working environment. Short term contract. Scope and location of work changed periodically. Infrastructure sometimes not amenable to contractor workers.
Pros
Good working relationships
Cons
Security issues sometimes impeded contractor operations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.