Goodyear Employee Reviews

Goodyear
Group Stores Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 15, 2017
Grear company to work for. the corporate structure was well thought out and the work life balance was great as long as your store was in order. if the store was a problem store then DM expected you to be there all the time until you fixed it. If your store was in order and functioned like it was supposed to then you only had to work 4 days a week. GREAT!
Pros
work life balance, Corporate structure
Cons
No advancement unless you had a 4 year degree
Productive work place with soda machine and free coffee
GMT2 (Former Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLJune 13, 2017
I had a good store and service manager who expected our evaluation of vehicle be thoroughly completed promptly and given to service manager while other services were being performed. Overall great work environment.
n/a
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 13, 2017
great place to work. you sell a strong product from a strong company to strong retailers.
enjoyed all aspects of the position and the company. would highly recommend working for Goodyear to anyone and everyone.
Good company with people as their main assets, company with strenghts and goals which are achievable.
FACILITY PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 8, 2017
Fantastic place to work and great people throughout the corporation. I was very fortunate to have experience withe the CEO down to the janitorial level, where everyone deserves respect at any level.
Great team to work with.
Tire and Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARJune 7, 2017
The GM is a great boss but a terrible leader and a weak manager. The work home balance is like this work 5 day work week. on call for the service truck 3 days a week in the shop for 2 days 72 hours on call 16 hours in shop. That is 88 hours of life disrupting time I get scheduled 2 days off but then because we run a skeleton crew I get called in.
Pros
All the hours you can handle
Cons
Part time general manager deligating all responsibilities to subordinates.
Great Place to Work
Design Engineer(Exempt) (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 7, 2017
Great Company and good leadership. I really enjoy my career at Goodyear and the people that I work with. It is very rewarding knowing you manufacture a competitive product.
Decent place to work
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 5, 2017
If you show yourself to be a capable worker, they will work with you on many things regarding schedule, etc. Not much room for growth in the position itself, although they do seem to like to promote from within when possible.
Very political
General Manager, Walmart Account Team (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 5, 2017
Great products but poor work environment. Poor work/life balance based on expectations of leadership. Exceedingly political environment. Poor performers protected.
points about goodyeear
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJune 5, 2017
goodyear was an ok job it was not a job for someone that didnt like to work the managment could use some work have the time they didnt even know what was going on
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of conserne for safety
Great place for a long career
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 3, 2017
Lots of out sourced consultants utilized to cut full time jobs and benefits like many other companies. Pay is above national average and lots of opportunity for advancement.
High turnover
Technician (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJune 2, 2017
short staffed, site manager treated employees poorly. For the wide range of duties the pay was not adequate or compensatory of skills used. Overall culture was negative
The supervisor makes you enjoy the time at my location. Thanks Leo.
Tire Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 1, 2017
It's graveyard shift, but you learn and stay busy, and the supervisor is very professional and helps you improve because the job can be hard labor if you have no experience.
Best tire company to work for!
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 1, 2017
Great company, great leadership and a great product, enjoyed everyday I worked there and regret being lured by the competition for more money (money isn't everything)
its ok not enough work
Lube and Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMay 31, 2017
typical day was slow really couldn't learn anything.
loved the people who worked here had no problem.
workplace was clean and had fun talking to the people there and made new friends.
the hardest part of the job was it wasn't enough work people would fight over the tickets that was coming in.
most enjoyable part of the job was getting tips by putting air in peoples tires
Pros
free lunch on saturdays
Cons
to relaxed and not enough work for the whole shop
One of my best jobs
Tire Sorter (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNMay 30, 2017
Great place to work for and eventually retire from. Compensation was great as well as the health benefits. Union based job with 401k plan and unlimited overtime.
Goodyear Rubber and Tire
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 30, 2017
This was a job that I definitely learned a lot from. I experienced the whole process from start to finish. My first experience in management and one I will never forget!!
Pros
health insurance
Cons
dirty, long hours
No consistency in operating proceedures
Service Advisor/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 26, 2017
Management needs to work with employees to maintain set schedules. Employees are transferred too often and not given the chance to learn the culture of the environment.
great place
Tire Recapper (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYMay 24, 2017
Me and 83 others were laid off do to the coal mine shut down, but as far as the job goes it was an awesome company to work for. I worked in security & the laboratory department.
Decent pay but down side.
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 24, 2017
Competitive pay and benefits but dealing with the customers to always make them happy can be exhausting. Much different than just a regular retail job, Work long hours, but there's overtime. Most days is an hour lunch time (unpaid).
Pros
discounts, free lunches occasionally, nice customers
Cons
loud work environment
n/a
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAMay 23, 2017
My typical day at work would have been by myself. The management fought like little kids. I enjoyed my job just not the management. The people that worked in the back of the shop are the best they worked hard and did what was asked. The management is what is the issue with Goodyear in pooler.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.