Google Employee Reviews in United States

Inspiring and fun workplace
Content Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 24, 2016
Worked at the company for several years on a team with a high turnover rate. There's always work coming in, and management was often in flux. There was a lot of emphasis on team bonding and power hours. Fun coworkers and interesting work. Overall had a great experience.
Pros
free lunches and snacks, flexibility with hours
Cons
long hours, close hands-on management
Overall a great experience one has to be apart of to properly pass judgement. experience is different for everyone.
Store Operator (Current Employee) –  East 117 Pleasant AvenueMay 23, 2016
A typical day at work consist of a staff ranged from 1-20 depending on the site assigned. co workers for the most part are welcoming and the leads are knowledgable.There are some leads who require further examination within their led position but that can also be said about management. Management try to maintain punctuality even though there are many who may not be able to grab the necessary attention needed to completely handle a situation that only management can touch on such as availability, Pay stub's and Sick Hour adjustments.
The hardest part of the Job depends on the associates ability to handle different positions within one work day.
The best part about the job is the co workers and compensation and the only thing I've learned is that there are jobs out there with leadership that completely understands those they oversee while at the same time equally respecting them as an adult and a human being.

other jobs can learn from this one.
Its Google, so its clearly awesome
Ad Sales L&D Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2016
85% of meetings are via Google Hangout, very flexible and fun environment but easy to get distracted and has a LOTTTT of re-org. So prepare to change roles, teams, management every quarter!
lazy co workers
Store Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2016
terrible,its like going back to highschool. and management is the worst ,rude......the workers are rude young disrespectful and management doesnt say anything to anyone ..............................................................................
Pros
wrost
Cons
wrost
fast paced work
street view driver (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 17, 2016
mapping varioius cities in a fast paced environment. you will enjoy this job if you can handle a lot of driving and work well without on your own.
Pros
weekly pay with room for bonus
Cons
weather and stress
Productive and fun place
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 16, 2016
Cons:
- At times, it gets difficult to maintain work/life balance
- The resources were limited and the pressure was high.

Pros:
- Great team synergy.
- Good compensation
Pros
great team
Cons
Poor management
Productive and fun environment, best place to work
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 16, 2016
Productive and fun environment, best place to work. Free food, gym and many sports activities and employee activity groups.
Productive and fun place to work
Engineering Manager (Business Applications) (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 11, 2016
Awesome and friendly place to work. Great working environment and perks. Always supportive of new ideas and encourages initiatives.
Google is Great!
Personal Shopper for online customers (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 10, 2016
Google is great, but they need to hire a better staffing agency who respects their employees! You learn to work with good quality to make a deadline to get all packages out to the customers on time. My co-workers and the employees from the different stores we went to were great and friendly.
Great Company
Operations assembler (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORMay 7, 2016
great company!! They take really good care of employees and listen to concern's and fix problems quickly. great people and work atmosphere. I loved working for Adecco at google.
Pros
everything
group culture orented
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 3, 2016
contractor's not treated as same as employee, no chance of hire
experience not realy qualification to get hired its who you know
Great job
Videographer/Editor (Current Employee) –  North Plainfield, NJMay 2, 2016
I haven't worked directly in the Google office, but in being partnered with them from YouTube the freedom in producing video content is awesome.
Great place, great people!
Lead Transportation Operations and Logistics (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 28, 2016
Ample opportunity for advancement. Great learning experience for future managers and supervisors. Learn how to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
Fun
Customer Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 27, 2016
You learn how to work the system, majority of the work is looking up information. Pertaining to mobile phones, tablets, and computers. Some eyeglass wear, the calls for that are far and in between.
They have a system with step by step ways to solve issues with the equipment.
Pros
Bonuses, playing games on break. Nice computers, and phones
Cons
Working on a new project
In Store Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2016
In store lead at Google Shopping Express. Learned the importance of managing a team for an e-commerce logisitics retail company.
Outstanding employer
SENIOR SIX SIGMA BLACK BELT - ANALYTICS (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2016
Work day was very flexible, also had a work at home option, but that was not something I used often because I could not access all of the systems I needed due to security issues. Had some long days but did not mind due to the interesting nature of the work and the fact that the company gave me the freedom to manage the "when" as far as getting the work done.

I learned a lot of Advanced Analytics from peers and formal training that was offered.

Management was outstanding with the boss being in the top 4 of over 35 bosses I have had in my career. Had the flexibility to work on projects that were not formally sponsored by the company but worked out and used by the company. That level of freedom is rare in business.

Boss was very good, no micromanagement what so ever but was generally available if you needed him. I felt comfortable suggesting crazy ideas without the fear of it destroying my career.
Pros
Flexibility, Money, good management, great culture.
Cons
Really???
Great
Nest Training & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville TNApril 20, 2016
Easy work, great schedule, fun environment. Daily activities with new guest and clients kept things fun. Management easy to work with and more than happy to help on any needs,
Good entry level position
Full time courier (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 19, 2016
Some time spent staging without any delivery orders. Assignments and work schedule not very efficient. Overall, reasonable amount of work each shift.
The Google Express project is a fast past work environment and a great learning experience.
Merchant Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 13, 2016
Google Express was my first introduction into the tech world and I wouldn't have wanted to start any other place. A typical day at work is you get into the office, get a free breakfast, and then get to work. We are usually working on multiple side projects at one time while scheduling upcoming trainings or new stores to onboard. I am usually in and out of meetings throughout the day depending on the day and how busy we are at the time. My co-workers are all awesome and we do a lot of collaborative work together. Our team started out small when I first joined and we have now grown to a 18 man team and taken over the Google Express Merchant Owned and Operated world. It's been a great ride.
Great fun, friendly environment to work in
Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIApril 13, 2016
Great place to work, however not garunteed that you will keep your job for long. Sometimes you may see a bunch of people leaving and being fired, and wonder whats going on. The job is simple, the expectations are set well, however if you don't perform, consider your self on the line all the time.
Pros
Free snacks 24/7, pop machines, potlucks, fun events, game room.
Cons
Lots of random job cuts, mass firings, and lack of follow up on behalf of certain reps due to the rate of business.

4.3