Google Employee Reviews

I had a great time!
Transportation Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 26, 2017
I worked on the Google Express project during its initial inception in the East Coast cities such as DC, Boston, NY and Chicago. While on the project I was stationed in the brand new Google office in Pittsburgh. I loved it. The culture is fun, the company is flexible and cool. Most importantly the people are smart and a joy to work with.
Pros
Free food, and great culture
Cons
very competitive work environment; hard to stand out.
benefits from work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAApril 26, 2017
It’s a time saver, first and foremost because shopping is done from home.

It’s convenient. My dog is having major surgery the same week that school starts which means I’ll be more or less housebound for quite some time. The more I can have delivered, the better.

I can use my existing Costco membership. In my experience, prices were the same as in they are in the store. If you don’t have a Costco membership, you can still order with a 15% surcharge.

It’s fast. I never order from Target online because the shipping time is slow but now it can arrive the next day. It’s the best place for use to buy birthday presents.

I will save money because I tend to impulse buy random things at Costco (and elsewhere) when shopping in person. I am more risk averse on the computer.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Field Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2017
I love working for google! The environment and atmosphere is completely non-comparison to any place that I have worked at before. If you ever get that chance to work for this company, do it!
Great place to grow your skills and make connections in the industry
SENIOR PRODUCER (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 25, 2017
Beyond (at Google) was a great home for me for the year I was there. Wonderful people, great benefits, and respect for work, life balance. Management was the best I'd ever worked with.
Pros
Free lunch, gym, transit
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 25, 2017
Google is an outstanding place to grow in your career. I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to work on the Ugrad team as well as Google Brain. Management is very hands off- but helpful; allowing recruiters to learn quickly without feeling micromanaged.

If it were not for my contract ending, I would forever stay with this team.
Great place to work.
AdWords Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 24, 2017
I was in charge of assisting customers with their online businesses, marketing, and visibility. Extremely customer service oriented. I was on a sales team responsible for finding, vetting, and reaching out to new sales leads to grow our business.
friendly working environment
Senior Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 23, 2017
Learn about the process and equipment tool
very friendly working environment.
safe work practice
The supervisor and coworker knowledgable and helpfull
Work with technology.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAApril 22, 2017
The workday is nice and simple once you get the hang of it. Most people are really nice. The work was never too stressful unless deadlines were coming up.
Pros
Good pay, Free breakfast, lunch and dinner. Easy work.
Cons
Most of the jobs are temporary contracts.
mountain view
FEDERAL SYSTEMS ARCHITECT (Former Employee) –  Mount View, WAApril 18, 2017
I worked with customers of Google Earth Enterprise servers, provided training for ingest and operations, and lobbied customer requirements with the development team. I supported pre-sales customer briefings, and explored global super overlays and surveillance video overlays.
Fun Place for A While
Partner Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 18, 2017
Working here is ok, the benefits like 'free' food or the MK staff, who are fantastic. However, be assured you run the risk of becoming so sucked into this Google world that you forget what it was like to be on the outside. Some Googlers become over-privileged and some are great people. The company is huge now and feels as such.
Pros
Free food, fun things to do, open minds
Cons
Extremely large, becoming more corporate and less Googley
great
low-risk job
good pay
good benefits
Best corporate culture!
Corporate Engineering Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 17, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Feedback driven environment. Very young company (majority of colleagues in their twenties). California is where the bulk of opportunities are.
Pros
Free lunch, perternity leave
Cons
Not many
Home Environment and Amazing work culture
Network Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra PradeshApril 16, 2017
Great company to work for. Managers and co-workers are working toward a common goal, and the work culture cultivated a very friendly environment.
As with any customer service job, the hardest part is getting reprimanded by a customer for something you did not do or could not control.
The best part of this job, was knowing you were helping people immediately.
Pros
Subsidized food, free gym, Football & Basketball
Cons
Only One, Less Salary
just for test :)
developer (Former Employee) –  canadaApril 15, 2017
google is the best company that I worked, and I had nice days in there. google is a very fun place and I could work with professional peoples. It's so good for me that want to get self-development and a great resume.
Pros
hobbies
Cons
life-work balance
If your idea of a great job is working at Disney Land you'll be happy here
Executive (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 14, 2017
Too many layers of upper management, no methods or methodology lasts for more than a week or two. In short Google does not know where there going or how to get there. Google is an extremely frustrating place to work.
The Google culture is not literate in the English language, so you will need to sit through meetings were the person speaking thinks you understand them when you don't.
Expect to work 70 plus hours a week to keep up with the foreign visa workers who's only goal in life is to stay in America, of course you will be on salary so have fun trying to compete with these workers while having any life balance.
My eyes were really opened at Google ...tech companies claim they need skilled foreign workers e.g. they, the foreign visa worker are essentially slaves in near total servitude to these companies. Google is totally taking advantage of this charade.
Pros
Everybody ohhs and ahhs when you say " I work at Google"
Cons
I hated the place
Smart people and fun environment
Channels Specialist - Diversity (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 11, 2017
Google will provide you an opportunity to work with some of the brightest in the industry. They also foster an inclusive work space and encourage everyone to have their voice heard.
Good Company
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2017
Google great company....Adecco not so much a good company. Work/ Life balance is not the best, adecco could treat its employees a little better and not as robots.
Great place if you do not have a life to balance
Administrative Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 10, 2017
Lots of perks, great pay but designed to keep you working 24/7. The culture varies by department. If you are lucky enough to get a great boss, you will be happy as can be.
Fun place to work with very talented people
Sr. QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 10, 2017
Very different and startup like environment with very talented people. Learned a lot with respect to open source technology. Free lunches were definitely a bonus.
Productive Place and environment with fun people
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 9, 2017
Learnt a grate deal of work here. Enhancement to my career and goals. Involved with best skilled work force. Enjoyed being mentored with best management and engineering people.
Pros
Free lunches, Play, Gym
Cons
No Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3