Google

Google Employee Reviews

Great culture
Recruiter (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAAugust 28, 2015
Google has a great culture and environment.
-Great teamwork
-Work life balance
-Strong management
-Project focused
-Great food
a pretty good company
System Matter Expert (Former Employee), mountain viewAugust 26, 2015
Pros: free gourmet food
it was a great place to work for but they dont want to keep people around long term which i think its not fair

i had a great time meeting new people
Fun
Product Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 26, 2015
Helped me learn to work independently but was also very supportive and attentive in training me to succeed in store on a day to day basis.
Motorola-Google Review
Senior Staff Electrical Engineer, Mobile Devices (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: None
Motorola is a good company if you want to get worked to death and get let go when you get burned out, which will happen within 2 project development cycles. . The only benefit, from an old timer perspective, is that the pay was good. The culture is extremely diverse.
Day to day review tasks
TV Application Content Review Specialist (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Relaxed environment
Cons: No room for growth, monotonous, recent change in management
During my time at Google I have learned many valuable skills such as working with Google Drive, Spreadsheets and cross-trained within different platforms. I have had the opportunity to train new hires, as well as create docs used on a daily basis. My team is very bright and fun, and we have a very positive team dynamic. I have been in my current role for almost a year. Although I've learned immensely, I want to grow and progress further. With that being said, I feel as if I have learned all I could and excelled in this role, and I'd like to implement the skills learned here, as well as continue being challenged.
Not what I expected or had read about
Technical Writer, Facility Photographer, Graphics (Current Employee), Moriarty, NMAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Fantastic job, fantastic project, fantastic people
Cons: Inferior management, lack of leadership, contractors treated poorly
Fantastic job, fantastic project, fantastic people... management and leadership were sorely lacking. The move to California left many people in the lurch. Contractors were not offered positions there even though their jobs were needed.
Exciting company to work for with unlimited potential
Freelance Graphic/Web Designer (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Free range to create websites from any domain
Cons: Customer support is a little slow with responses
Google has provided me with a platform to make creative and beautiful websites for it's publishers. It also has given me the ability to provide fresh content and designs for my clients on a regular basis.
Google
IT Technician Support (Current Employee), Washington dcAugust 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches, no timecards, take a break when you can
Cons: working alone, no team other then working through google hangouts
I love it, I work by myself by documenting my task and work assignments through a ticketing system. Great healthy food for the googlers, I was a contractor but I can receive the same perks as a full time googler. I love troubleshooting situations to help out a fellow googler or a new person coming into the office which means a Noogler.
Productive, fun, and innovative company to work for.
SE Project Lead (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Travel, Corporate per diem
Cons: excessive travel
While managing several of Google's existing projects in the Southeast, I have had the privilege to work with a diverse team of individuals. The projects themselves were innovative, unique, and technologically challenging.
fun workplace with everything you would need.
GSX Application Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 6, 2015
Logistics and create new ideas for Google shopping customers.
Improve product feature by providing partner feedback to internal cross-functional teams including product management and engineering.
Great
Logistics Technician (Former Employee), PittsburghAugust 6, 2015
It was great working at good. Good food. Good people. Great atmosphere. Couldnt have been happier. Really enjoyed talked to all the googlers and picking there brains.
...........................................
Fraud Analyst III (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: health benefits
great place to work as a vendor/contract position but no job security as you never know when the contract will end, fun work place with great people .
Great place to work if quotas weren't an issue
Telesales Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Sales bonus
Cons: Very short window for making quota
Go in sit at assigned station, proceed to start dialing making sales calls one after another selling ad space over phone across the country while being critiqued by management. Co workers were great!
Google Summer of Code
Offsite Open Source Research & Software Developer (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 28, 2015
First of all it’s an amazing experience of being able to be part of a qualitative project which certainly has a big impact not only on the research community but also on the society. Also in my case being in a Graduate Program there are lots of barrier to participate in an internship as physically relocation not possible leaving the research lab, but Google Summer of Code gave me the opportunity to experience and accomplish something more parallel with my Gradate school life.
Great Culture
Inventory Merchandiser (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Free Food, Free Gym, Laundry Services, Bikes to ride around, Wellness
Cons: Contract which don't allow you to get hired on.
I really admire the culture at Google, very friendly and always willing to help out a colleague when needed.This really goes to show how the culture is very well rounded and open minded to new ethnicity and not shy away.
quality
Reliability Lab Technician (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 27, 2015
Testing and characterization of Google X product from engineering prototypes to matured products. Responsible for providing imaginative, practical, and comprehensive support for next-generation. Perform Instron Mechanical¬ and Electrical Test, Surface Durability Test, Environmental Test, Chemical Test.
Workplace with wonderful facilities, and excellent benefits.
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 23, 2015
The workplace had wonderful facilities, and excellent benefits for its employees. The people I had worked with were nice, and it was a great opportunity to work with them.
Project is very interesting
Loon Lab Technician (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 19, 2015
I almost perform the testing
I learned a lot of technical things
The management is very good
My co-workers is excellent
The hardest part of the job is troubleshooting
The most enjoyable part of the job is testing
Very Good
Adds Quality Rator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2015
A very good company to work for, i was a subcontractor for Zero Chaos, the job was wonderful and the management staff great communicators.
My Experience at Google
Local Data Operations Evaluator (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Great People!, Great Atmosphere!
Cons: Late Buses
My experience at Google summed up in one word would be "unforgettable". The opportunity of working in such a successful, prestigious company was a real privilege. A typical work day involved waking up early, catching the morning shuttle, enjoying a nice ride to work with comfortable seats and wifi, after arriving at my destination I would quickly go to the cafe nearest to me and grab some breakfast and coffee, then head over to my desk to check emails, and start working on my production. My co-workers were always very friendly and outgoing. We would all interact about our job and share insight or give advice to one another on how to improve. I've learned how important it is to ask for feedback on work in order to improve as well as give something back to the team. The hardest part of my job was completing the production in a timely manner but my favorite part was when it was finally accomplished at the end of the week. Overall great place to work!
Headquarters