Google Employee Reviews in United States

group culture orented
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 3, 2016
contractor's not treated as same as employee, no chance of hire
experience not realy qualification to get hired its who you know
Great job
Videographer/Editor (Current Employee) –  North Plainfield, NJMay 2, 2016
I haven't worked directly in the Google office, but in being partnered with them from YouTube the freedom in producing video content is awesome.
Fun
Customer Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 27, 2016
You learn how to work the system, majority of the work is looking up information. Pertaining to mobile phones, tablets, and computers. Some eyeglass wear, the calls for that are far and in between.
They have a system with step by step ways to solve issues with the equipment.
Pros
Bonuses, playing games on break. Nice computers, and phones
Cons
Working on a new project
In Store Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2016
In store lead at Google Shopping Express. Learned the importance of managing a team for an e-commerce logisitics retail company.
Outstanding employer
SENIOR SIX SIGMA BLACK BELT - ANALYTICS (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2016
Work day was very flexible, also had a work at home option, but that was not something I used often because I could not access all of the systems I needed due to security issues. Had some long days but did not mind due to the interesting nature of the work and the fact that the company gave me the freedom to manage the "when" as far as getting the work done.

I learned a lot of Advanced Analytics from peers and formal training that was offered.

Management was outstanding with the boss being in the top 4 of over 35 bosses I have had in my career. Had the flexibility to work on projects that were not formally sponsored by the company but worked out and used by the company. That level of freedom is rare in business.

Boss was very good, no micromanagement what so ever but was generally available if you needed him. I felt comfortable suggesting crazy ideas without the fear of it destroying my career.
Pros
Flexibility, Money, good management, great culture.
Cons
Really???
Great
Nest Training & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville TNApril 20, 2016
Easy work, great schedule, fun environment. Daily activities with new guest and clients kept things fun. Management easy to work with and more than happy to help on any needs,
Good entry level position
Full time courier (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 19, 2016
Some time spent staging without any delivery orders. Assignments and work schedule not very efficient. Overall, reasonable amount of work each shift.
The Google Express project is a fast past work environment and a great learning experience.
Merchant Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 13, 2016
Google Express was my first introduction into the tech world and I wouldn't have wanted to start any other place. A typical day at work is you get into the office, get a free breakfast, and then get to work. We are usually working on multiple side projects at one time while scheduling upcoming trainings or new stores to onboard. I am usually in and out of meetings throughout the day depending on the day and how busy we are at the time. My co-workers are all awesome and we do a lot of collaborative work together. Our team started out small when I first joined and we have now grown to a 18 man team and taken over the Google Express Merchant Owned and Operated world. It's been a great ride.
Great fun, friendly environment to work in
Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIApril 13, 2016
Great place to work, however not garunteed that you will keep your job for long. Sometimes you may see a bunch of people leaving and being fired, and wonder whats going on. The job is simple, the expectations are set well, however if you don't perform, consider your self on the line all the time.
Pros
Free snacks 24/7, pop machines, potlucks, fun events, game room.
Cons
Lots of random job cuts, mass firings, and lack of follow up on behalf of certain reps due to the rate of business.
Hiring Practices
Data Center Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAApril 12, 2016
I don't agree with Google's hiring practices of hiring many contractors and letting go many. I don't agree with the method of development of their people while at Google. I believe they should have more faith in their contractors to allow them to not only setup the equipment physically but to also set up the equipment using software. Hardware will not work without software.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hiring practices need to be looked at and emphasize that people should be the main mission
Google Fun Culture
PLM Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 12, 2016
Obviously working at Google has perks such as free food, shuttles to and from work, etc..

For the typical contractor however very few opportunities arise to convert to a permanent Google employee, especially without a college degree.

There are times you feel like the hired help while wearing your "red" badge which I personally don't enjoy.
Pros
Free lunches, Google Shuttles to and from work. Work from home when/if needed.
Cons
Either work there for two years as a contractor, or you can possibly become a vendor with no end date, but no conversion to Google employee either.
Leading example of work/life balance
ChromeOS Hardware Technician (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 12, 2016
I've heard and seen many companies use the term work/life balance but only have I witnessed it here at Google. With the proper design and flexibility, they have managed to create an atmosphere of higher learning and constant evolution in the DRIVE to come to work.

It's not the benefits and pay (although that always helps) that make working here so great, its the feeling of wanting to come to work to achieve more. I've yet to encounter a single person who grips or complains about management or peers here. The collaboration and effort I see in the faces of co-workers and peers is unlike any place I've seen to date.

I'd have to say that my most challenging and fulfilling part of my job as a Hardware Test Technician, is that fact that there is ALWAYS something for me to improve on and I have the freedom and flexibility to choose.
Pros
You name it, they got it
Cons
Freedom to succeed and freedom to fail
Fun but busy
IT Residency Program (ITRP) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2016
You always need to watch out and schedule work since there is more work that needs to get done then there are resources (people).
Pros
Perks
Flexible working environment
Installer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City MO and Kansas City KSApril 7, 2016
I enjoy meeting the Google clients around the Kansas City area and the ability to work outdoors makes the work pleasant .
Generally a great place to work
Operational Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 4, 2016
Great place to work, unbelievable amenities, great salary and benefits better than ever expected. Co-workers were for the most part a lot of fun and very bright. Middle level managers many times were looking up instead of helping to push their employees along to further their careers. But still a great place to work.
Pros
Free food, ability to travel, nice folks
Cons
great expectations, mid-level managers not up to expectations
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 4, 2016
Great Company to work for with good work/ life balance, fun and exciting atmosphere with friendly people. contract expired so it was timer to move on.
Creative, fun, and progressive work environment
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 31, 2016
It is exhilarating to walk into the Google X building everyday and do what we do. The self-driving car project is truly one of a kind and I would not trade the experience for anything. Although day to day duties and responsibilities are constantly shifting, management does a fantastic job of keeping our team together. The hardest part of our job is to face these constant changes and be able to adapt quickly to them. It is quite amazing how everyone on the team is able to learn on the go. I am proud to be a worker here.
Pros
free meals, massage chairs, great perks
Cons
no full benefits
fun place with cool people
Customer Service Representative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 30, 2016
working with great and fun co-workers, i have learn so much in this company and learned using google's software to troubleshoot the customer's issue.
great company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 30, 2016
It is a renowned company with great culture. In recent years, google has grown too much in size which makes management less efficient and low. Still a top place to work for.
Fantastic experience
Google Wallet Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 23, 2016
Worked at Google for Google Wallet's AML team. The work was critical but it was great to work with. The people there were very helpful.
Pros
Everything free. Leave your wallet at home.
Cons
.03% acceptance rate is pretty lame.

4.3