Google Employee Reviews

Fun Environment
Geo - Spatial Data Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJuly 20, 2017
Great place to work at as a contractor, even better if you're fulltime. There's game room, yoga balls/mats, shower rooms, etc. Meals are provided which is nice. Google takes care of their employees, too bad for contractors, the work is only for a limited duration.
Excellent culture and work-life Balance
Learning and Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 20, 2017
As a contractor you don't reap full compensation and benefits as full-time, but you work with amazing people and enjoy considerate work life balance. Opportunities to network and explore within the company are present.
There lot's of nice perks, but not great if you're a contractor
Sales Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 18, 2017
Let me start by saying Google has been good to me, even though I am a contractor. I've met many wonderful people and you certainly can't argue with the perks. If I were a fullitme employee I'm almost certain I'd be writing a stellar review, but as a contractor espite all the wonderful benefits and exciting work environment it is simply hard to shake the feeling of being undervalued. It varries from team to team, but unless your team has a high budget and less need (which is never the case) your wage is going to be just enough to live off of. The freedom to stay late and work overtime is sometimes given, and ultimately that is what one must do to even have a shot at a full time role. I have seen several good friends simply leave however once they were able to get the Google name on their resume and it is hard not to notice that one's talents are in demand and more valued elsewhere. I hope that the internal machinery of the company will catch up to the problem of top talen leaving the company, but I recognize there are resource constraints. Overall I have enjoyed working at Google and there is certainly nothing I'd rate as negative in terms of company culture.
Pros
Great Culture, Opportunity for Skill Development
Cons
Poor Compnesation, High Time Commitment
terrible management
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Northgate, WAJuly 17, 2017
management was terrible. they cared not for the individual and only numbers. sales sales sales. try selling Chromebooks like apple and Microsoft computers. try and hit these crazy high numbers that are unattainable for the market you are in. over a terrible experience.
Pros
nobody kept track of your presense in store, decent pay
Cons
everything else
Weekends off paid holiday, PTO but its hard to get your job done when there are so many levels of management to go through .
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 17, 2017
The day Starts With lots of emails
Service starts its crazy busy and Customer's want customized food vegan gluten free E.T.C... They want it now.lots of inexperienced hourly employe's and no time to train them. meeting's.so on and another service with no break in service.
The Great things are paid holiday's PTO and Weekends off
Pros
Weekends Off
Cons
Long Hours And to many ask From The Quest without Proper Budget Adjustment's
Great. Culture
Technical Writer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 15, 2017
I felt welcomed as a tech Writer by a very technical group of engineers
. The manager was hilarious and juggled to reduce the team's stress . It was a great contract.
Productive and educational place to work
Marketing Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 12, 2017
A productive and educational place to work, great team I had the pleasure to be part of. they make you feel that you are part of something good. the best of my day is to wake up and go to work
An Incredible company
Network Technical Operations Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2017
- (Typical day)Fun and energetic.
- (I've learned) That culture is vital to success in this industry
- (Other than the utmost best technology (Proven) the most thing is your team mates and the ability to lead with complete autonomy.
Pros
Lunches, pool
Amazing Company
Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, Estados UnidosJuly 12, 2017
Google is a great company, super clever people, great working environment, extensive career growth opportunities.
Fun Place to work
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2017
Google is a great place to work if you're here full-time. As a contractor there is way too much work instability. Sometimes you're lucky to find great managers who are willing to sponsor you for a full time role. Other times, the management you're working with only sees you as a means to a result and you're left with just the name on your resume, looking for another job outside of Google.
Pros
Free food, schedule flexibility, cool events
Best place to work Great people
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2017
Loved my role here as a broadband tech. Great people great training just overall great experience. The fiber project loss alot of steam and techs were laid off. But i love google
Liked Working Here
Store Operator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 7, 2017
Working here was fun depending on who I was working with. If given the opportunity I would definitely work here again. Their point system sucks.......
Pros
Payrate, Scheduling Days Off, Location, Variety of Jobsite
Cons
12-Point "Lay Off System"
Program Manager Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 6, 2017
Teams
Stability
New Ideas
Groups
Meetings with purpose, action item and goal
Global
Fun place to be. Good People.
Operations Assembler (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCJuly 6, 2017
Securing data.
Good Management.
Rich in culture.
Good food.
Loved mostly being able to be around friendly people who wanted to help everyone succeed in what they do.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Micromanage
Privileged to have been able to intern there!
Corporate Operations Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 4, 2017
I can say that it was a true blessing to work there for the short time that I did as an intern. Although sometimes it felt like I couldn't keep up (due to change in policy locking me out of essential documentation) I still greatly enjoyed doing my job. The people were friendly, compassionate and very hard workers. Not everything is rainbows however. The job culture is on the cutting edge of the progressive left ideology and the office was cluttered with pride propaganda and other sorts of images, not really caring if it made others uncomfortable or not.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch and the teams are extremely supportive.
Cons
Have no qualms about getting political; will use their platform to push progressive propaganda.
fun productive workplace
Store Operator/ Brand Ambassador (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 4, 2017
This job keeps you on your toes and laughs in your belly! Typically a day of work involved meeting deadlines selected by customers and keeping up communication between store managers and leads. Fun times
Great company and benefits
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 2, 2017
Great company and benefits that makes it a priority to provide a comfortable work environment. There are many perks and great benefits that create incentives to be a part of the company long term.
Marketing Manager
CEO - Marketing Expert (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 28, 2017
Very helpful. Options to grow. I learned how to create my brand and expand my media services with the knowledge and help of amazing co workers. Highly recommended.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Great
Networking (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 27, 2017
Awesome love. Need curriculum and study material. Great lovely people and free foods served. Awesome name and great snacks and break rooms. Always cared for
Pros
Free food
Cons
Manuals and study prep
Valuable Experience
Software Developer, Logic Tree Software (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, ILJune 25, 2017
Best Search Engine in the world , Always help me a lot . i learn a lot from google . It also manage each websites & webpages in a proper way that make my work easy .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3