Google

Google Employee Reviews

...........................................
Fraud Analyst III (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: health benefits
great place to work as a vendor/contract position but no job security as you never know when the contract will end, fun work place with great people .
Great place to work if quotas weren't an issue
Telesales Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Sales bonus
Cons: Very short window for making quota
Go in sit at assigned station, proceed to start dialing making sales calls one after another selling ad space over phone across the country while being critiqued by management. Co workers were great!
Google Summer of Code
Offsite Open Source Research & Software Developer (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 28, 2015
First of all it’s an amazing experience of being able to be part of a qualitative project which certainly has a big impact not only on the research community but also on the society. Also in my case being – more... in a Graduate Program there are lots of barrier to participate in an internship as physically relocation not possible leaving the research lab, but Google Summer of Code gave me the opportunity to experience and accomplish something more parallel with my Gradate school life. – less
Great Culture
Inventory Merchandiser (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Free Food, Free Gym, Laundry Services, Bikes to ride around, Wellness
Cons: Contract which don't allow you to get hired on.
I really admire the culture at Google, very friendly and always willing to help out a colleague when needed.This really goes to show how the culture is very well rounded and open minded to new ethnicity and not shy away.
quality
Reliability Lab Technician (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 27, 2015
Testing and characterization of Google X product from engineering prototypes to matured products. Responsible for providing imaginative, practical, and comprehensive support for next-generation. Perform Instron Mechanical¬ and Electrical Test, Surface Durability Test, Environmental Test, Chemical Test.
Workplace with wonderful facilities, and excellent benefits.
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 23, 2015
The workplace had wonderful facilities, and excellent benefits for its employees. The people I had worked with were nice, and it was a great opportunity to work with them.
Workday at Google
Marketing Specialist/ Scheduler/ Recruiter (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 22, 2015
- Working hands on with Google employee's on confidential projects

- Prepare data and reports for daily/weekly meetings

- Research and find the direct point of contact for selected businesses    – more...

- Promoting and selling services to high end clients

- Adequate use of Salesforce database

- Accountable for high production numbers & maintaining a high level of productivity and efficiency

- Conduct follow­ up surveys to ensure overall client satisfaction with the service/product – less
Project is very interesting
Loon Lab Technician (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 19, 2015
I almost perform the testing
I learned a lot of technical things
The management is very good
My co-workers is excellent
The hardest part of the job is troubleshooting
The most enjoyable part of the job is testing
Very Good
Adds Quality Rator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2015
A very good company to work for, i was a subcontractor for Zero Chaos, the job was wonderful and the management staff great communicators.
My Experience at Google
Local Data Operations Evaluator (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Great People!, Great Atmosphere!
Cons: Late Buses
My experience at Google summed up in one word would be "unforgettable". The opportunity of working in such a successful, prestigious company was a real privilege. A typical work day involved waking up – more... early, catching the morning shuttle, enjoying a nice ride to work with comfortable seats and wifi, after arriving at my destination I would quickly go to the cafe nearest to me and grab some breakfast and coffee, then head over to my desk to check emails, and start working on my production. My co-workers were always very friendly and outgoing. We would all interact about our job and share insight or give advice to one another on how to improve. I've learned how important it is to ask for feedback on work in order to improve as well as give something back to the team. The hardest part of my job was completing the production in a timely manner but my favorite part was when it was finally accomplished at the end of the week. Overall great place to work! – less
I did the internship with Google and this was a giant step to the IT business
Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2015
I did the internship with Google and this was a giant step to the IT business, over there I learned how to build PC and laptop.
The company was great to work for.
Field Operator (Former Employee), Mountain ViewJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Working with fun people and they provided good lunches
Cons: I was a contractor so I didnt have any benefits.
This company is extremely diverse. I had a lot of fun learning and getting paid for it. On a typical there I would learn of the area around the Google campus which is very big. The management team was nice and easy to talk to. It was a pleasure working there.
Fun place to work with benefits and perks
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches and picnics, outdoor activities
Cons: short breaks, too congested rooms
Work environment was good. Punctuality at work was very much encouraged. Deadlines were met everyday and was mandatory to finish up work.management was very helpful and considerate. coworkers were friendly and cooperative. Lots of projects in specified amount of time. Work and play were both part of the job.
Google was one of the best companies to work for
Brand Marketing Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
Really enjoyed the environment and most all -- the smart people. That was the best part of the entire work years at Google.
Great company
Marketing Localization Product Manager (Former Employee), Mountain ViewJuly 7, 2015
I was a contractor here for about a year... Enjoyed my time and assignment. I think however that culturally, it was not a good fit for me because I could not relate to the maturity level of my peers...But nothing personal. Great company.
Great seasonal job during tax season
Quality Control Operator (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 2, 2015
It was always nice to put a smile on someone else's face whenever they met you at the front desk. Tax season gets stressful, but our branch was organized and definitely got the job done. I had such a sweet boss who always took care of me and although my co-workers were quite older than me, they always were kind souls.
Best company to work for
Market Manager (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJune 25, 2015
This is a great company to work for. It has many distinct advantages. Fun work environment, support from co workers, good benefits.
Wonderful Team, Office
Account Strategist (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 25, 2015
Google is a phenomenal company to work for. The trick is to get into the right field of the company from the get-go because it is tough to maneuver within such a large well-oiled machine of a company. – more... For example, I was in sales for two years, including during a huge company re-organization in which people did not have much say about their team reassignments. In order to get out of sales, it would have taken several promotions, a major recommendation and fighting off fierce competition for the much smaller amount of marketing jobs available. It was smarter to go get my MBA to be able to pursue a field I wanted to pursue than stay at Google through all of that. – less
Culture and co-workers were irreplacable
Operations Technician I (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCJune 24, 2015
Pros: Overall Company was amazing
Cons: local management anti cultural
No such thing as typical day of work. Very diversified and plenty of opportunity to learn new technologies. Quarterly outings were always fun until things took a turn. Co-workers remain unmatched by any others. I loved the challenge and the intellect each individual brought to the team.
Good
Software Developer (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJune 19, 2015
Pros: Free food. Smart people.
Cons: Work/life balance canb be off.
You will learn a lot. Food is good, people are smart, and politics is generally bearable.Good benefits. Be prepare to invest your effort.
Headquarters