Google Employee Reviews

Fun work environment
Physical Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 8, 2016
I t is a really fun environment. I enjoy being around the people and seeing all the cool products. All the cafe are amazing. So many different variaties of food.
productive
Scanner Operator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 7, 2016
very boring cant really do much but sit their. Its just like taking a test you have to sit their to the job complete and cant talk to no one. The pay was good.
Ready, set, go
Call Center Site/Vendor Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 5, 2016
Fast-paced everyday. Great collaboration with very, very smart people. Everyone has fun but they get the job done. Relaxed environment but that doesn't mean to take it easy.
Pros
Great bennies; perks and family environment; friendly, helpful colleagues no matter the site/campus
Cons
Politics and cliques do exist
Google
Data Analyst for Google Maps (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WADecember 1, 2016
Google is a great place to work, hard deadlines but manageable, overall very nice atmosphere. Great people to work with.
Summary
Retail Store Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2016
It is an enjoyable work environment, mainly because of the employees. The day can become tedious but the good company makes time go by quickly. The field (main) operators are also attentive and understanding. As long as the workflow is running smoothly, they are open to suggestions and willing to solve any issues. The least favorite thing about the job are the weather conditions. Being that transport is a vital part of the operation, it is a constant battle with the forces of nature depending on the season.
Wonderful Opportinities
Community Leader Cohort (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 26, 2016
Although my internship is unpaid, I strongly support the mission of the program that I volunteer with on behalf of Google.
Pros
Networking Opportunities
Break time go with some friend play table tennis.
R &D Technician Machine Operate (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 23, 2016
knowledge high tech and community with co-workers. Google glass.for sample: when I Coat. I just use 2 my fingers in the font of Coating machine, and the machine automatic they Coat the OPTIC themsefl.
Pros
free breakfast and lunches too.
Cons
come early go to trim or play Bowling.
Great for young people
Global Advertising Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 23, 2016
Fun working environment for young people.
Good benefits, compensation and company perks.
Encourages creativity and team work although most of daily communication is via computers and chat.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Dorm like environment
Best First Job Experience
Content Developer (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, ILNovember 23, 2016
Gave opportunity to work with experienced team members, Learned many things from their expertise like
how to meet ETA on time
how to handle multiple projects
how to meet client requirements
how to work with Tools and services like SIS, SSAS, SSRS
performed anomaly and cluster detection
learned how to find the hidden information from large data sets.
Pros
free food, free wifi, no work pressure
Cons
transportation
A lot of perks and benefits, no work-life balance
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  DublinNovember 21, 2016
A lot of very smart people, with great ideas and the drive to innovate and make an impact.
Many top performers advance to manager but often don't have people skills, nor the vocation to manage people. This is a problem management should address.
Pros
A lot of benefits and free services
Cons
The perks and benefits are designed to make you never leave the office. No work-life balance.
Infinite Monkey
Sr. Software Engineer (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 17, 2016
No clear, focused direction from management (on my specific project). Revolving door of Technical Project Managers...5 TPMs in 12 months. With such a large and very talented staff on hand, the analogy of the US Marines being lead by the Keystone Cops comes to mind. In the defense of the TPMs -- there most definitely ARE some great ones -- unfortunately, they're so over-burdened and spread so thin that I can't imagine how they're able to keep much of anything focused and on-track.
Pros
the typical Google perks
Cons
lack of clear, experienced management
Fun and challenging job with great opportunity for growth
Last Mile Design/Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 16, 2016
The job has many great perks and personal development opportunity. The challenge keeps me interested and I love all the people I work with.
Great Place to Work
Program Manager Lead (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 15, 2016
Great benefits, great place to explore ideas and work with some of the brightest and kind people on earth. Transfers encouraged which creates a lot of opportunities, etc.
Productive work environment
Equipment Maintenance Technician / Astreya (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2016
A regular day for me is mostly busy ... receiving putting accessories into camp and Guts tickets . I'm on my feet 80% of the day due to Inventory as well as prepping task tickets. Management is pretty good no one over your back to micro manage. I have a hard working team . We work together and get the job done. The hardest part of my day i would say would be receiving pallets and putting them into google camp at the same time..
Pros
Free Lunch, perks
Cons
Salary
Search as many things as possible
Logo Designer (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 14, 2016
Google helps you find any and everything you need that you search up, I use it myself when im looking for books, music, games, jobs, clothes, shoes, electronics, and more.
A great place to gain more experience.
Geo Visual Data Specialist/TH Country Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 13, 2016
Enjoyable work space. People seems very nice. Good perks.They're take care of their people with respect. Facilities are amazing. It deserve its reputation as one of the best company you could work for.
Great Company
Manager, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  EMEANovember 10, 2016
A company with great culture, ability to constantly learn and develop, and add value to the business. World class perks and benefits, and top rated talent.
Great company
Chief of Data Science / Cyber (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 10, 2016
I have worked there over a year and the leadership, environment and atmosphere is open, fun, attentive and they treat their people with respect and admiration.
Unfair and Hostile Work Environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  DublinNovember 9, 2016
Managers have full reign to steer you in one direction, then turn around and criticize you when they change course. Co-workers are competitive and cut throat and will also try to manipulate situations. HR does not help you. Managers are able to tell their employees to threaten their staff and HR and Senior managers do nothing. The company hires under work permits so they don't have to pay double tax. This means you're not entitled to unemployment and cobra health care. Google is the new Microsoft and the technology is dead.
Cons
Sexist, Cut throat, Very apathetic, No leadership
Amazing Workplace
Data Analyst - Finance (BI) (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 4, 2016
Working here is link dream come true. I got many things to learn and the work environment is amazing. If offered a full time I would certainly join it again

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

4.2

Indeed Prime: Apply to 100 top tech companies with 1 application

100% free. Land your dream job and get $2k. Interested employers will reach out with salary and equity upfront.

Learn more about Indeed Prime