Google

Google Employer Reviews

Awesome Job
Footprint Operator (Former Employee), New YorkDecember 23, 2014
Great experience, got to explore and learn new parts of the city
Innovation at its finest
Google Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Hampton, VADecember 23, 2014
We are given freedom to create and bring forth great ideas to spread the company's products and brand
google waht more can i say
Kayak Café Cook & Open/Closer (Former Employee), fremontDecember 17, 2014
I loved working for Google my duties were a sate station were I got to cook and prepare fresh meals every day made to order I had to create a different menu every day breakfast lunch and dinner overall it was a great experience
Great Environment but can be shut down whenever
Operation Lead (Former Employee), Mountain View, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: great place to work and see
Cons: no job security really as projects can get shut down right away
I was able to move up into a management position within a year but just as the same in another year my project was shut down and moved out of state. They also mistreated the contractors that work there which I never liked at all
have fun at work place and nice co-worker
Technician (Former Employee), 2011 Stirlin ct Mountain View, CADecember 11, 2014
Pros: free snack, drink and lunch
Cons: no benefit for contract: holiday, sick leave and health plan
follow up instruction from Eng. rework on PCB, optical such as unpack and install mechanical, solder remove or replace part,bonding glue, FVT test. Since I work at Google I have a chance to learn a lot of thing from difference of department: Goolge glass, Coating room, Clean room Optical, Baloon etc... The only thing it hard for me is project in process – more... keep changing instruction and rushing time. I enjoy the view,snack and lunch at work – less
great place, fun and productitive
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), ann arbor, miDecember 10, 2014
Pros: provided unlimited snacks
very enjoyable, manager was always around to help and assist when needed.
Google is awesome
Android App Sales and Development (Former Employee), boca raton, flDecember 8, 2014
Pros: pay good
They pay you a lot of money to make apps for them. I learned how to make amazing apps, and my co workers were cool and fun to work with. I would say the hardest part of the job was learning how to ride the electric bicycle.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), LondonDecember 2, 2014
Great environment to work in. Opportunity to work with really smart people who help you learn everyday.
fun workplace!!
Project Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaDecember 1, 2014
Amazing company!!!wonderful staff to work with. A lot of room to learn and grow! Casual wear and very intelligent people to work with, and its a completely different feeling and an honor to work with Google!
Great Company to work for
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Mountain View, CANovember 24, 2014
Great Company enjoyed learning new procedures, very helpful in learning new departments, not enough hours or advanced notice on work week
Google is a wonderful place where you can work, play and more!
Telecommunication Integration Engineer (Current Employee), Mountain View, CANovember 20, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: know your self
I really enjoying working at Google. I have a wonderful team and the management are just wonderful to the whole team.
Productive and fun workplace.
Quality Control Operator (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 19, 2014
Full time Swing Shift. Learned to edit scanned books. Great team leaders. Fun environment.
Good for some, not good for many
Manager, Sales Support and Product Operations (Current Employee), Mountain View, CANovember 8, 2014
Great work-life balance, perks, and benefits

Cons:
-Not very strong management (there are some great managers, but many who do not have a grasp of leadership/management)

-A lot of duplication in work

-Politics depending on business unit and culture

-Near constant "reorgs"
Data collection (Former Employee), Mountain View, CANovember 7, 2014
Best Job I have Ever had. The company loves its employees. I have learned how to think on a whole different level. The mind is a very powerful tool. This tool could unlock a better way for mankind.
work from home
Google Search Ads Quality Rater (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 6, 2014
This is a part-time position that could be done any time from home.
A Great Learning Experience
Specialist (Former Employee), New Jersey, NJOctober 25, 2014
Pros: a great working environment
Cons: no benefits
Obtained a very valuable experience due to the company's environment and fellow employees. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job was working with such likable employees, though the hardest part of the job was abiding by both best buy's and Marketstar's policies.
A great place to work
Studio Operations Manager-Production Manager (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, lunch and dinner and free shuttle to work and back.
Cons: hard to advance in your career and few raises given.
Google is a great company in many aspects but as far as career growth it's not very good because of the hundreds of thousands of people that work there.

Video Production changes constantly so the day to day changed all the time. It was never the same.

Co-workers were awesome. Very team oriented.

There wasn't really a hard part of the job. Everything – more... was enjoyable. – less
“Worst Media Company I have ever worked for period! ”
Premier SMB Partner (Current Employee), Culver CityOctober 16, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule work/life balance good people on the ground floor.
Cons: in a phrase, the company is the "dmv of media companies".
Pros

Flexible Schedule work/life balance
Good people on the ground floor meaning the heart and soul of the respective sales team

Cons

In a phrase, the company is the "DMV of Media Companies".
They infantilize their sales teams with silly trainings and sales tactics that do not help in the field.
Between call blitzes and micro management by managers – more... they create a very combative sales culture.
Managers set expectations and unrealistic goals that no one meets in the organization.
Nepotism and discriminatory favoritism are common place at ReachLocal.

Advice to Management

Change the current sales structure and culture of ReachLocal. – less
Goo Goo for Google
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: good working environment, independent working conditions
Cons: hourly pay was low especially for that part of the country
I actually worked for a contractor of Google called Pro-Park. We were a marketing experiment that would take online orders from businesses such as Target and Costco and deliver them to the customers doorstep. It was fun to be part of a start up project...
Great company, great people
Account Strategist Intern (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAOctober 16, 2014
• Managed 200 accounts of businesses using AdWords (Google’s advertising platform)

• Superintended $500,000 worth of combined advertising account revenue

• Provided strategic consultation for advertisers to improve the ROI from marketing budgets

• Served clients as the face of Google, implementing creative ways to improve relationships with Google

1 2 3 4 5

About Google

Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. At Google, we know that every employee has something – Read more