Google

Google Employee Reviews

Quality Control Operator
Quality Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Typical day of work was repetitive while scanning for errors in book images for Google's online library. This was through Randstad temp agency.
Great work environment
Product Support Specialist-TeleNetwork (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Great company! Great to their employees! Best part was by far the perks of working at Google. The food was amazing. Employees were always nice. The environment was always warm and inviting. Coming to work everyday was exciting and fun!
Everchanging ecosystem of exciting work
Operations Dispatch Lead (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 2, 2016
I love my time at Google and enjoy the people I work with. The project is always changing. Its fun and exciting and I am constantly learning something new.
Good Pay, every single manager is unhappy
YouTube Partner (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 27, 2016
Sherwin-Williams has good pay and decent benefits however the work-life balance is poor, management is poor, and it trickles down. Every single manager in the district was not happy and the best ones have left or will leave to pursue much better opportunities. Good first job out of college.
Very nice place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Working at Google was an amazing experience. I learned within my role and got to network with many professionals as well as enjoy the festivities the company provided to their employee's. I loved teamwork mentality and transparency within teams.
Pros
Very flexible, open, friendly culture
Cons
As a contractor, not all full-time employee's will come across friendly
It was a great experience
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 11, 2016
I had fun working with side by side with my Executive Chefs, Chefs, and Sous Chefs learning and growing. My Co-Workers were great and fun to work with. The main move for me is to grow and continue to learn from other Chefs. With also a possibility of moving up.
Cons
No room to move up
Learned a lot during this internship
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 9, 2016
Learned a lot during this internship, was a fun place to work at with good work life balance.

food and daily perks were amazing.
Really fun
Staff Writer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2015
Google is an amazing company, thoroughly devoted to insuring that its employees are both happy and productive. Free lunches, standing desks, fun events and great training opportunities. There's a palpable, youthful energy buzzing throughout the building, and that made it unique.
Fun Workplace, Great Work-Life Balance
Lead Quantitative Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 29, 2015
Google is just an amazing place to work.
People are so driven on the product side. They are bright. They want to truly change the world.
Great company - chaotic and disconnected division/team
Curriculum Manager/Training Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 16, 2015
I worked for the Google Technical Consumer Support (gTech). While Google promotes several laudable characteristics - support for the individual, encouraging innovation and independent thinking - I did not witness this in my environment. There was much in-fighting - often erupting in open fights and crying. It was a very stressful and unpleasant work environment.
Pros
Great compensation package, on-site perks (lunches, massages, team events)
Cons
You'll need those perks because you'll never go home, team in-fighting, poor work/life balance

Want to know more about Google?

Ask a question
The Best you can ever imagine
PDM/PLM Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 11, 2015
Best company to work in the world.
My dream is to get a full-time status.
Great company to learn more about many aspects technical, social, non -technical, etc.
Cons
This is a work at home opportunity
Search Engine Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 7, 2015
I make my own hours, work whenever and wherever I want. Pay is good for a work at home opportunity -- In fact, the best on the internet.
Independence at it's finest
LBR Rep (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 7, 2015
Canvas local businesses to find the following: Type of business, services offered, hours of operation, and current picture of the store and update/upload the information to Google via the LBR interface. Then approach the business owner/manager to offer free listing on Google Maps. If they were interested then leave them a card explaining that they would receive a postcard in the following week that would have a phone # & web address and a conformation code. They owner/manager would call or log on enter the confirmation code; Then confirm and/or edit the information that I had uploaded as to take "ownership" of the Google Map listing of their business
Pros
Independence and autonomy
Cons
Great place to work but increasingly corporate
Business Development Lead (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 4, 2015
Google is a great place to work if you want job security and a high paying salary. Your team is usually a 6:1 ratio with manager. However given Google's growth, the company is increasingly becoming large and corporate minimizing innovation in the business unit of Google.
Pros
Free Lunches, Work-Life Balance
Cons
Managers vary greatly
Director/Cinematographer
Director of Film (Current Employee) –  Canton, MINovember 30, 2015
Create short films, manage large groups of people to collaborate ideas, write scripts, film and direct each video. My films have generated over 25 million views
Fun place to work with a lot of room for improvement
GOOGLE ADWORDS ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MINovember 29, 2015
The company that I work for is Infinity Contact. We are contracted by Google so we do not actually work for Google. We are in the atmosphere however, we do not experience any of the Google benefits.
Pros
Free Snacks.
Cons
Short Breaks, Contracted.
productive
Street View/City Block Driver (Former Employee) –  dallas,texasNovember 23, 2015
driving software engineer and also multi tasking it was not great because job security is not great but overall a great company because google is a world known company
Pros
company car, company CC, company phone
Cons
assignment could end at anytime
Great company
Intern (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 20, 2015
Fantastic work environment and flexibility. Multi cultural backgrounds and endless career opportunities in the work field.
Google is a great company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 19, 2015
Google is a very open, innovative company. People in there are very talented. It has industry-leading technologies and infrastructures. Overall, an amazing company.
Innovative
Data Center Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IANovember 13, 2015
Pro's:
~Wonderful compensation and benefits.
~Team Cohesion
~Community Outreach Programs

Con's:
~To HQ centric
~Managers at outlying facilities have to much power and not enough oversight. i.e. ineffective and/or nonexistent manager/employee collaboration.
~Insufficient promotion/pay increase processes.
~Unrealistic expectations
Pros
Cons
Culture not what it seems

4.4