Google Employee Reviews in United States

great industrial computing environment
Operations Engineer (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJuly 17, 2016
-led people in projects and maintenance
-plenty of work to stay busy
-constant change
-management utilities for tracking all work to within 15 minutes
-finishing projects on time a plus
-repetitiveness of work a challenge
-understaffing for certain tasks problematic
-far too much content to learn; not enough time to learn it all
Pros
free lunches, amazing benefits, stock bonuses
Cons
temps, micro-managing, promotion process
GodChronos on Youtube.
Youtube (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 12, 2016
I indirectly work for Google, my videos on Youtube make enough views that advertisements are able to pop up on my videos. The Advertisements make "Ad-Revenue", I don't know much else about it, I just know that Google makes money, and I end up making money. I don't make much because I'm not a HUGE youtuber. But at the end of the day, the money isn't what I care about, it's the fun. I'd say Youtube is more as an internship as I learn more about other people and connect in a way that I never would've thought I could.
Pros
Work when you want to work. It doesn't feel like a job.
sdf sfdfds dfs f dsfds fdsfds sfd
saddsa sdf sfsdsdf (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2016
Google is as great to work for as everyone thinks. It is a very relaxed and collaborative work culture. Lost of free time to do what you need to in your personal life, able to bring your dog(s) into work and everyone is extremely friendly. This has probably the greatest company I have worked for because of the overall culture of the company.

The only problem I have would be the fact that some teams give you very short notice on whether or not you will stay with the next every quarter. I am always in a panic when it comes close to the end of the quarter.
Fantastic!
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 7, 2016
Had the opportunity to be selected twice as a Google Student Ambassador. I was invited on an all-expenses-paid trip out to Google's HQ in Mountain View, CA along with ~ 200 other ambassadors from schools all across the nation and the world. Got to hear from representatives from different teams across Google and went back to my campus to spread Google awareness to fellow students and faculty. Google is a stellar company to work for!
Google Express - Start up within a Start up
Google Express Merchant Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 3, 2016
This job was a unique opportunity to learn in a start up within a start up environment. There is no typical day on the job. Every day brings new challenges and tests your ability to roll with the punches. I learned a lot from the amazing people who work on the project and from our merchant partners who have so much experience in retail operations. This project is powered by a significant number of temps/contractors (as opposed to full staffed with Googlers) and would benefit from increasing their focus on retaining their talent/tribal knowledge by promoting within.
Pros
Free lunch & snacks, Google brand, and great culture!
Cons
High turnover on mostly contractor based staffing
Google Vendor
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 25, 2016

Pros
Free food, free transportation, great collaborative teams
Cons
Little/short notice one contract renewal
great place to get feet wet but not advance
Social Media Manager, Home Instead Senior Care (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJune 7, 2016
I spent my days researching digital marketing, curating content, creating/managing social media ad campaigns, and building social media fan base. It was my first position in the field and the owner was very understanding of this. I had the freedom to research and explore, but the opportunity for advancement was limited due to being a remote position.
Great Job. Great culture too bad it's contract
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAJune 2, 2016
Google is a great company. Their products work very welll and they train you to them. Customer interactions are always pleasant and you get to work with new tech. I loved this job while I had it and I loved it the second year when they invited me back. I would have gone for a 3rd year but I had just started my new engineering job when the call came in.
Pros
Good pay fun environment
Cons
it's contract work
Great opportunity to work on experimental technology
Autonomous Vehicle Test Driver (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 25, 2016
My contract at Google for their self driving car project has been a truly fun and unique experience. Every day we come in to work and test their self driving cars on the streets of Mountain View. Through this job I've learned how to troubleshoot software bugs and learned ways to communicate with a cross functional team of developers of various backgrounds.
Inspiring and fun workplace
Content Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 24, 2016
Worked at the company for several years on a team with a high turnover rate. There's always work coming in, and management was often in flux. There was a lot of emphasis on team bonding and power hours. Fun coworkers and interesting work. Overall had a great experience.
Pros
free lunches and snacks, flexibility with hours
Cons
long hours, close hands-on management
Fun Workplace, Great Benefits
Associate Account Strategist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 15, 2016
Google is a fun place to work with a great atmosphere. The perks and benefits are great. Roles are very singularly task oriented since it is such a huge company, and though it is a "friendly" company, it is big, so it can be corporate at times.

Tons of huge opportunities for growth here, though moving upward internally is very difficult.
Great fun, friendly environment to work in
Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIApril 13, 2016
Great place to work, however not garunteed that you will keep your job for long. Sometimes you may see a bunch of people leaving and being fired, and wonder whats going on. The job is simple, the expectations are set well, however if you don't perform, consider your self on the line all the time.
Pros
Free snacks 24/7, pop machines, potlucks, fun events, game room.
Cons
Lots of random job cuts, mass firings, and lack of follow up on behalf of certain reps due to the rate of business.
Google Fun Culture
PLM Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 12, 2016
Obviously working at Google has perks such as free food, shuttles to and from work, etc..

For the typical contractor however very few opportunities arise to convert to a permanent Google employee, especially without a college degree.

There are times you feel like the hired help while wearing your "red" badge which I personally don't enjoy.
Pros
Free lunches, Google Shuttles to and from work. Work from home when/if needed.
Cons
Either work there for two years as a contractor, or you can possibly become a vendor with no end date, but no conversion to Google employee either.
Hiring Practices
Data Center Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAApril 12, 2016
I don't agree with Google's hiring practices of hiring many contractors and letting go many. I don't agree with the method of development of their people while at Google. I believe they should have more faith in their contractors to allow them to not only setup the equipment physically but to also set up the equipment using software. Hardware will not work without software.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hiring practices need to be looked at and emphasize that people should be the main mission
Great experience
Manager, Platforms Teams (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 1, 2016
Google is a great place to work. Its culture has changed over the years -- it has more bureaucracy than it did -- but as large corporations go, it does a fantastic job of empowering its individual contributors.
Pros
All the benefits
Cons
It's a large corporation, and you can get caught up in fighting bureaucracy rather than working on technical problems.
The Google Express project is a fast past work environment and a great learning experience.
Merchant Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 13, 2016
Google Express was my first introduction into the tech world and I wouldn't have wanted to start any other place. A typical day at work is you get into the office, get a free breakfast, and then get to work. We are usually working on multiple side projects at one time while scheduling upcoming trainings or new stores to onboard. I am usually in and out of meetings throughout the day depending on the day and how busy we are at the time. My co-workers are all awesome and we do a lot of collaborative work together. Our team started out small when I first joined and we have now grown to a 18 man team and taken over the Google Express Merchant Owned and Operated world. It's been a great ride.
Generally a great place to work
Operational Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 4, 2016
Great place to work, unbelievable amenities, great salary and benefits better than ever expected. Co-workers were for the most part a lot of fun and very bright. Middle level managers many times were looking up instead of helping to push their employees along to further their careers. But still a great place to work.
Pros
Free food, ability to travel, nice folks
Cons
great expectations, mid-level managers not up to expectations
Creative, fun, and progressive work environment
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 31, 2016
It is exhilarating to walk into the Google X building everyday and do what we do. The self-driving car project is truly one of a kind and I would not trade the experience for anything. Although day to day duties and responsibilities are constantly shifting, management does a fantastic job of keeping our team together. The hardest part of our job is to face these constant changes and be able to adapt quickly to them. It is quite amazing how everyone on the team is able to learn on the go. I am proud to be a worker here.
Pros
free meals, massage chairs, great perks
Cons
no full benefits
Constructive and reliable work environment
Self Contractor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILMarch 18, 2016
A typical day at work for me is accomplishing all tasks designed to me, enjoying and having fun at what I do, getting along with and enjoying the company of work associates, and coming in the days to follow and doing it all over again
Pros
Reliable, always on time, on task, love to get work done
Cons
I dont really have any cons for myself because i always find things to do and new ways to do it, learning is a way of life
Excellent work place full of down to earth and hard working professionals
Control room operator/SOC Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 24, 2016
I would go back to Google in a heartbeat , amazing people, benefits and overall a wonderful experience. I'm so grateful that I was able to participate in such a thriving company.
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Long hours, but necessary

4.3