Google

Google United States Employee Reviews

A wonderful place to work
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), IrvineMay 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: none
Its required that you get along with your coworkers and clients. There is always free snack available. A half hour break is assigned for every two hours of work.
Pingpang tavle,buffle
Product Manager (Current Employee), CAApril 23, 2015
Provide delicious and free food , like Chinese food, Sushi and others.

Provide swimming pool, gym.

Provide delicious and free food , like Chinese food, Sushi and others.

Provide swimming pool, gym.
Awesome place to work with electric scooters.
Lead Power System Engineering Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: Fun company vacations and kitchen for snacks/drinks throughout the day.
Cons: Long days.
Work hard play hard mentality. Often put in 12 hour workdays and some weekends, but work was often fun so it's hard to complain. We practiced rapid prototyping at it's core, often building parts in-house.
I was actually a contract worker for Google through Ranstad, so I wouldn't base my review on Google in general.
Quality Control Operator (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 17, 2015
A typical day as a contract worker at Google wasn't always the best. You just sat in front of a computer all day working on whatever projects the they have you working on. They had leads watch over you constantly, so there was limitless conversation. Basically, being micro-managed. Terrible way to work. Ugh! So glad that I left that place. I don't know how it was that I managed to work there for as long as I did. I guess to gain work experience, which wasn't much. I wouldn't say that there was much of management because they had a recruiting agency on sight she wasn't very nice. Too serious, like, "dude, chill out!" As for the leads, there were some good ones. The hardest part of the job was having to sit at my seat all day! What a horrible experience! And the most enjoyable part of the job was going on breaks and actually feeling human and being able to have some kind of human reaction. NEVER AGAIN!
Most beautiful company to work for.
Accessibility QA (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 16, 2015
Though I am working as a Contractor. Best place to work in corporate world at least once. Benefits we get here are the best i have seen so far.
Life changing experience
Learning and Development Manager (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 16, 2015
I believe Google to be one of the greatest company to work for.

Most enjoyable part of the job:
-- culture & people
-- interesting, complex and impactful projects
-- truly innovative company

Hardest part of the job:
-- multiple important deadlines all the time!
Excellent Company
Specialist (Former Employee), AtlantaApril 11, 2015
Pros: Excellent all the way around
Cons: May be Seasonal
MarketStar is a excellent company to work with while partnering with major companies. Google was one, and training is a blast with all of the attention and ways of delivering training to all associates about the product they have to sale.
A very fun place to work but knowledge management wise deficites
Geo Visual Data Analyst (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Wonderful perks - lunch, snacks, bikes, nice campus, buses, activities
Cons: 2 year contract
I learned a lot about Austria an the other German speaking countries and their geo data. Before I started to work for Google I thought this big companies are all professionals but HR or management skills are not too professional. My co-workers were from around the world which was very unique and wonderful - to hear and learn all these languages and cultures!

I really enjoyed my job in general, particular I liked to work for my domains maintenance and policy and to set standards and change the world.

Hard is/was that everybody has to leave after 2 years due to the contract situation which is exact the right time when usually the whole project becomes very familiar and knowledge and understanding as well as networking is very deep.
Service Desk Analyst Level 1 (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: Limited work/life balance
This is a great company to work for, provided you do not mind hard work and rapid change; you will love it here. Google is a very forward-thinking company on the cutting edge of technology, I definitely enjoyed my time there.
Welcome back to high school
New Business Sales Associate, International (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 21, 2015
Pros: cafeteria serving breakfast and lunch
Cons: negligible vacation time, being asked to work during holidays
The environment feels like being in high-school. The only thing missing is the bell ringing at the end of the day.
Open floor space, can be distracting. Very noisy. Lots of cross-conversations can happen while you're on the phone and people are willfully oblivious to that.
Management's philosophy is to continuously give you feedback, whether you need it or not. Feedback overload is inevitable.
Your co-workers are classified in two categories: The arrogant spoiled brat, and the naive just out of college techno guru who relies exclusively on data and technology and not much on common sense.
The most challenging part of the job is managing your 8-hour day with meetings, appointments, reschedulings and administrative tasks, which according to management should only take a few minutes of your day.
The most enjoyable part of the job,is talking to people over the phone and learning about their business. Some of the perks such as free breakfast and lunch are nice but it gets kind of old especially when you're not being paid much. You can drink beer at your desk on Fridays after 4:30pm.
Great company. Great culture!
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 20, 2015
I had a great experience at Google. Very smart people work there. They are doing really interesting things. You will work hard and everything moves very quickly, but the fast-paced nature is exhilarating!
Fun job with great co workers
Valet (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch and snacks
Cons: no raises
Typically, my day begins with Google employees coming into a parking garage. The garage I'm in tends to fill up pretty fast so as soon as all the spots are taken, I direct the employees in a single file line. I get their information down including phone number and estimated time of departure, they hand me their keys and I give them a ticket. As soon as spots start opening up, I'll take a valeted car and park it for the employee. Our management is okay, a bit inexperienced but still learning the ropes. My co workers are great and easy to get along with. Easiest part of the job is pretty much everything. The hardest I'd say is sitting in traffic on my way home.
Excellent benfits and commision
Media Consultant / Dex Media (Former Employee), Neptune City, NJMarch 17, 2015
I had a wonderful competitive hard working team members. Also, my manager was very encouraging and supportive. I've learned some great closing techniques.
Great company to work for
Mobile Android SQA Engineer (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 15, 2015
Great company to work for. Very knowledgeable professionals, great attitude and healthy working environment. Very easy going people.
Great opportunity with an open community and great benefits
Places Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 12, 2015
Pros: different areas where employees can relax, and good training programs
Cons: no free meals
I had learned a great deal of Google products and how they work to better an individuals work lifestyle. Every day you learn something new and you continue to grow your communication skills because not only are you learning to speak with different people around the world, but you also engage in troubleshooting their needs and collaborate with coworkers to fix the problem. Management was very professional, in addition they always check up on you to make sure you perform to company standards while coaching you on whatever skill(s) you need to improve on. Hardest part of the job was getting to memorize the policies and rules you had to enforce. While the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to walk around and explore the facility during break, having decent food for lunch, and just getting to know everyone was really fun.
administrative
Contract Administrative (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: temporary assignment
the position was not challenging yet very detail oriented. co-workers were quiet and nice. all daily goals were attainable.
great way to travel
Cityblock Driver (Former Employee), Sikeston, MOMarch 10, 2015
very fun and rewarding job if you like to travel and drive. A lot of driving and can be very tiring. A lot of people ask you a million questions so you have to have good people skills.
Good company
Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILMarch 10, 2015
productive workplace, nice and supportive managers and coworkers. very enjoyable workplace. very challenging workplace.
Great work environment
Data Visual Specialist (Former Employee), Bothell, WAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free catered lunches
Cons: breaks
Everything about this company was awesome and all the employees were hard working individuals that knew how to excel. I had a great time in the challenging work place.
Work related to Production
R&D Lab Technician for Loon project (Former Employee), Mountain viewFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: bad manage, prejudice
An area where I worked have a very bad management because they only do know about their staff not on people don't have a college degree or less. They don't know how to manage their work load through out the week. For some who don't have a degree work a lots than people who earned a college degree.

1 2 3 4 5

About Google

Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. At Google, we know that every employee has something – Read more

Google Salaries