Google Employee Reviews

Google Kirkland
QA Engineer (Vendor) (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WASeptember 18, 2017
I liked to start work early. This was not a problem with my managers. I was a tester for Android Hangouts. We had sufficient equipment to do our jobs and very good supervision. Google's tools are easy to learn and use, for the most part and issues seem to get fixed in a reasonable amount of time.

I enjoyed working with our leads and Manager. They worked extremely hard getting us up to speed on changing features. Google's facilities are first rate! I would be very happy to go back on another Vendor job if the opportunity arises.
Pros
Free meals, drinks, great equipment, excellent work environment
Cons
None come to mind
Vendor working at Google is not fun
Senior TV Partner Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 16, 2017
This review does not accurately represent Google since I am a vendor. I work under Accenture/VACO. As a vendor, you are not a "real" Googler and you are treated like an afterthought and the real Googlers are embarrassed by you.
Pros
Free Food everywhere
Cons
Vendors are considered second class citizens
Perfect Working Place to Interact with Decent People
Advertisement Quality Evaluator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Google in New York was a decent working place with full of creative and skillful people. My manager always supported me during the difficult projects. It was great to had a lot of experience in marketing and SEO fields.
Pros
Working with extremely smart and open-minded people
Cons
Short temporary projects duration
Awesome work envrionment
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 15, 2017
Work environment is awesome. You get many perks working here. Free meals, gym, snacks, coffee, and etc. Although depending on what program you are in, it can be hard to move up.
Pros
Free meals and gyms
Cons
Depending on what program you are in it may be hard to move up
Google
Network Operation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 13, 2017
Great place to work at, lots of benefits, free food, gym, massage etc. Employee feel so relaxing to work at Google which is way too good for employee.
productive and fun place to learn
Store-Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2017
it was a very productive experience for me. i got to interact with a lot of customers and employees on a very professional level. i learned a lot while using electronic devices as well to help assist us in our daily tasks.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
really a fantasy Job
Expert (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2017
working for them was really nice and easy. very peaceful and friendly. Wish there were many more places like this one. As long as you do what your suppose to do as any other place your good! especially at Google
Incredibly smart, talented and amazing people
Program Manager (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 12, 2017
Being a contractor at Google has it's downside for sure. Management views you as disposable, you're not afforded the obvious benefits of full time employees and you can't remain at the company for longer than 2 years. Google is a fast moving machine and I was afforded the opportunity to work on a huge variety of projects with a LOT of autonomy.
Pros
free food, flexible work hours, easy commute and Google buses
Cons
TVCs are not viewed as potential full time employees; they are a dime a dozen and easily replaced
Agency Business Development
US Brand Agency Lead - Publicis (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2017
Typical day of work - admin, emails, client service, team meeting, cross functional team work, best practice sharing, travel to client meetings, quarterly planning
Excellent work culture
Good management team
Excellent perks and benefits
Good cross functional collaboration
Pros
Free food, benefits
Cons
Hard to get promoted
Stressful
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Great perks and benefits. Terrible people management.

I never felt comfortable at Google. Everything you do is logged and closely monitored leaving the management team with the ability to use any negative performance metric against you for your performance review. Google certainly plays favorites.
Pros
Perks and Benefits
Cons
People Management, Playing favorites
Productive Workplace, Often Stressful
Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 9, 2017
Management is incredibly flexible with work hours and starting/leaving time. Working from home happens often. Parking and commute can be a pain due to congested roads. Workplace is open environment, so it can get loud. Lots of interesting, challenging problems you're likely to never see anywhere else. Security has the benefit of having the support of upper management tiers, making it less cumbersome to get your work done. Friendly working environment, albeit the job itself can be very, very stressful if you're bad about work/life balance.
Pros
Free Lunches/Breakfasts/Dinners, Baristas, Micro Kitchens, Good Health Insurance
Cons
Accrued Vacation is minimal, stressful work environment
it's probably a great place to work if you are not a contractor.
Build/Release Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 7, 2017
Probably great place to work if you are not a contractor! As a contractor, your access is very restricted. Management style is ok, not mircor management. Communication is relaxed.
Pros
great meals
Cons
limit access as a contractor
Really takes care of their people
Lead Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 7, 2017
Had a really good time at Google. One of the biggest perk for working here is there are always fun problems to solve. The amenities are great and the food awesome.
As a full time employee it would have been great, as a contractor - it wasn't good.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Full time employees and contractors are two different kinds of people and are treated as such here. It made working here really stressful, difficult, and caused a lot of tension amongst our team.
Job overview
Field Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 3, 2017
Google was an awesome job, I worked independent based on my assignment for the week. Management was available if needed. Traveled to various cities.
Pros
Worked independent
Cons
A little too much travel
Great place to work and co-workers were very friendly and helpful
Server Support and Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2017
My six-month stint at this location was workplace Heaven!...Free lunch (gourmet or ala-carte), employee lounges with games, scooter for travel in the massive office space. The number of interviews just to consult were five or six in number (for employees - something like nine to eleven interviews).
Pros
Great place to work as employee...very competitive..lots of opportunity to learn
Cons
numerous interviews to get a position.
It's a big company
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 1, 2017
Google is all about the bottom line and you feel it in the culture. It is a high-pressure company with a high expectation of results. They provide a lot but they expect a lot
Stressfull
Google Maps -data analyst (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 31, 2017
It was a temp job, I was always worried to lose my job the same day. I had to work I wouldn't tecommendand stayed focus for 10 hours straight if I wanted to keep my job.
Pros
free food
Cons
a lot of stress
Not great for TVCs
UX Research Participant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 31, 2017
Although working at Google might be great, as a TVC you aren't a true employee and you truly feel it.

Although I was promised a chance at conversion, it became painfully clear that there is less than 1% of a chance to convert in TVC roles.
Great culture
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 31, 2017
Supportive culture and nice people. Makes it fun to work there. Impactful projects. Good food. Depending on how high up your position is affects your work life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3