Google Employee Reviews

Online Customer Service Fullfillment Team Leader
Store Operator/ Google Express (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 25, 2017
At my position with Google Express I managed a team to fulfill customers online orders to assure their delivery in a timely manner by picking, paying , packing and problem solving.
Great Culture, Better People
Technical Sourcer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 25, 2017
Google is truly amazing - like any job it has its pain points and it can be difficult to not feel lost at times in such a large company but the people are spectacular and provide an incredibly motivating atmosphere.
Pros
free breakfast/lunch
Cons
limited growth opportunity in a distributed office site
Productive and educational environment to work in
Fulfillment Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2017
One of the best companies out there. Although I was there a short period of time, I feel I advanced my knowledge in my field tremendously. Everyone was friendly and willing to help. My mind was constantly being challenged and continuously looking to learn, grow, and take in all I could in a fast paste environment.
Great Job
Field Operations Associate / Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 22, 2017
Recommend for anyone that wants to see a fully functional company that regards its employees as family. It was only a contract job, but well worth all the travel and greeting of people to do the job I was tasked. Would do the job again if it was offered.
Pros
Learning about more about Google
Cons
Travel, but I enjoyed traveling
How companies should be
Technical Support Analyst (Drive, Operations) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2017
You know it's a great place to work when people voluntarily return to stay at the office until 9pm every day. People love Google so they put in 100% effort into doing their best.
Pros
free meals and snacks any time, large space, many perks
Cons
lack of transparency from sr. mgmt, your impact may be imperceptible in a megacorp.
The hardest part of the job
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89102May 20, 2017
The hardest part would have been standing on my feet with my 2 inch heels on. I learned really quick to get comfortable shoes that I could wear 10 hrs out of the day.
Great Place To Work
Google Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MI 48603May 19, 2017
Working for Google was an amazing experience. The environment was very relaxed, friendly and fun. The environment there felt more like a summer camp than an office. They definitely know how to take care of their people.
Pros
Free Lunch / Open Free Kitchen
Cons
No parking other than a paid ramp at my location.
love working
Store Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
google express is a very good work environment. the only thing is communication is strictly thru email. so if you aren't a frequent emailing type of person. this company Is for you . the way you process changes frequently so if you can adapt to change quicly this is the job for u
Pros
great work place great people
Cons
lack of communication no consitency
An excellent introduction to meeting people
specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 17, 2017
Training employees and the public on Google product was as fun as it gets.
I loved the satisfaction on ones face when they realize how the product worked.
Pros
great atmosphere.
Cons
contract work with limited time.
Rewarding, but slightly mundane
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAMay 14, 2017
The typical job was filing paperwork, reviewing the daily deliveries and ensuring all goals were met. It was a good first job for my first one out of school.
Pros
Multi-Tasking, Own manager
Cons
Boring

Want to know more about Google?

Ask a question
Excellent
Student Developer (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, ILMay 13, 2017
It was amazing to work there. Pleasant lifestyle and excellent work life balance. Handsome perks and stipends and opportunity to work for some real life projects
Prodcutive and High Pay
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 12, 2017
Working in the warehouse was fast paced because your trying to fill customers orders by locating each item in the warehouse. It demand that you come to work ready to move around looking for items, and with another associate working together to take care of the customer. Most money I ever made through a job, weekly.
Pros
high pay, weekly pay
Cons
not permanent
Best experience in my career
Interaction Designer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 11, 2017
I found working at Google to be very challenging and rewarding. It wasn't perfect, but the pros outweighed the cons. I appreciated working with a stellar group of people from wide-ranging backgrounds. Google's dedication to users and scientific principles helped changed the way I do my job significantly. If you are ambitious I highly recommend it. I found it both hard and fun.
Pros
Co-workers, job culture, work/life balance
Cons
Long term vision, turnover, commute
Great Place to Work!
IT Resident (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 11, 2017
I have no complaints about Google. It lives up to the hype. The benefits are like no other I've had at any other company. Free Food, great healthcare, awesome environment, etc.
Pros
Free Food, Awesome Healthcare
Great Benefits
Finance (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 11, 2017
Google by far has the best benefits if you are a perm employee. They hire a lot a contractors to do the grunt work and hire college grads to manage people who has no experience doing it. This makes it very uncomfortable for everyone. Professionalism is lacking by the college grades which is expected since they are managing people when they had no prior work experience doing it. They give you a lot of perks but it comes with a price. But overall, the benefits are great so I can't complain to much. =)
Contractor perspective
UX Production Designer (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 10, 2017
Drove from SF to Mountain View, 1.5 hours each way, to avoid travel sickness on the shuttle (which costs $1.50 for contractors). Lots of free food everywhere and lots of nice places to hang out outdoors or in a cafe or in a nook. Generally quiet atmosphere indoors. Everyone looks happy. Very casual and diverse.
Good benefits, ok experience.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 10, 2017
Benefits were good and it felt nice to say, "I work for Google." But outside of that, I didn't really like my time there. The problem was mainly management. I had a good manager at first, but as per usual, that changed and I had to deal with the team lead directly. We didn't get along too well, so I only worked there a year and I'm not really sure what I have to show for it.
Excellent
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 10, 2017
Excellent company. the best in the industry. I have learned many new things during this period, very fun and enjoyable and management and employees are very kind.
Fantastic place to work
Sr. Instructional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAMay 9, 2017
I worked at Google as a contract employee for 18 months. The work environment is fantastic, the benefits (free food and drink) are unbelievable, you get to work with some of the smartest people on the planet.
Pros
Fantastic facilities, free food, great people
Cons
VERY difficult to get a full-time position
n/a
L2 Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 9, 2017
its a blessing to wake up and enjoy working for Google. benefits are amazing and the Google culture is wonderful. you feel at home working and its also like a second home with all the different things you can do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3