Google

Google Employer Reviews

Service Desk Analyst Level 1 (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: Limited work/life balance
This is a great company to work for, provided you do not mind hard work and rapid change; you will love it here. Google is a very forward-thinking company on the cutting edge of technology, I definitely enjoyed my time there.
Welcome back to high school
New Business Sales Associate, International (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 21, 2015
Pros: cafeteria serving breakfast and lunch
Cons: negligible vacation time, being asked to work during holidays
The environment feels like being in high-school. The only thing missing is the bell ringing at the end of the day.
Open floor space, can be distracting. Very noisy. Lots of cross-conversations can happen while you're on the phone and people are willfully oblivious to that.
Management's philosophy is to continuously give you feedback, whether you need it or not. Feedback overload is inevitable.
Your co-workers are classified in two categories: The arrogant spoiled brat, and the naive just out of college techno guru who relies exclusively on data and technology and not much on common sense.
The most challenging part of the job is managing your 8-hour day with meetings, appointments, reschedulings and administrative tasks, which according to management should only take a few minutes of your day.
The most enjoyable part of the job,is talking to people over the phone and learning about their business. Some of the perks such as free breakfast and lunch are nice but it gets kind of old especially when you're not being paid much. You can drink beer at your desk on Fridays after 4:30pm.
Great company. Great culture!
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 20, 2015
I had a great experience at Google. Very smart people work there. They are doing really interesting things. You will work hard and everything moves very quickly, but the fast-paced nature is exhilarating!
Fun job with great co workers
Valet (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch and snacks
Cons: no raises
Typically, my day begins with Google employees coming into a parking garage. The garage I'm in tends to fill up pretty fast so as soon as all the spots are taken, I direct the employees in a single file line. I get their information down including phone number and estimated time of departure, they hand me their keys and I give them a ticket. As soon as spots start opening up, I'll take a valeted car and park it for the employee. Our management is okay, a bit inexperienced but still learning the ropes. My co workers are great and easy to get along with. Easiest part of the job is pretty much everything. The hardest I'd say is sitting in traffic on my way home.
Great company to work for
Mobile Android SQA Engineer (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 15, 2015
Great company to work for. Very knowledgeable professionals, great attitude and healthy working environment. Very easy going people.
Great opportunity with an open community and great benefits
Places Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 12, 2015
Pros: different areas where employees can relax, and good training programs
Cons: no free meals
I had learned a great deal of Google products and how they work to better an individuals work lifestyle. Every day you learn something new and you continue to grow your communication skills because not only are you learning to speak with different people around the world, but you also engage in troubleshooting their needs and collaborate with coworkers to fix the problem. Management was very professional, in addition they always check up on you to make sure you perform to company standards while coaching you on whatever skill(s) you need to improve on. Hardest part of the job was getting to memorize the policies and rules you had to enforce. While the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to walk around and explore the facility during break, having decent food for lunch, and just getting to know everyone was really fun.
administrative
Contract Administrative (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: temporary assignment
the position was not challenging yet very detail oriented. co-workers were quiet and nice. all daily goals were attainable.
great way to travel
Cityblock Driver (Former Employee), Sikeston, MOMarch 10, 2015
very fun and rewarding job if you like to travel and drive. A lot of driving and can be very tiring. A lot of people ask you a million questions so you have to have good people skills.
Good company
Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILMarch 10, 2015
productive workplace, nice and supportive managers and coworkers. very enjoyable workplace. very challenging workplace.
Great work environment
Data Visual Specialist (Former Employee), Bothell, WAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free catered lunches
Cons: breaks
Everything about this company was awesome and all the employees were hard working individuals that knew how to excel. I had a great time in the challenging work place.
Work related to Production
R&D Lab Technician for Loon project (Former Employee), Mountain viewFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: bad manage, prejudice
An area where I worked have a very bad management because they only do know about their staff not on people don't have a college degree or less. They don't know how to manage their work load through out the week. For some who don't have a degree work a lots than people who earned a college degree.
Collaborative with bright minds
Sales Associate, LatAm Trials and Assist Teams (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: all of the famous perks: free food everywhere, relaxed environment, pet friendly
Cons: temp jobs usually don't convert into full time positions
Work in teams

- Everybody works in teams and it is a very collaborative effort to a common goal.
- Creativity is a must
- Hard working people only
- A LOT of meetings daily
I enjoy the environment where i work on Google
WEB DEVELOPER (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: saturday
Cons: every month end
I use to work on Monday thru Friday, and i learned alot of things that as do with computer periperals and also internal computer applications, and i also like the management activities, during the tenure i work for Google the management and the organisational are really working with my plan and also me and my co-worker we work as a team in order to achieve a big time goals. the hardiest part of my job is where their is a time bomb in the sense that you have a specific time u need to finish the project which you have been asign to do. and the good time or the easy time is when we go out on a group party or vacation and we all have alot of fun.
Fun and Creative work place
Assembly/ QA/QC/Data Entry/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free foods, caffeteria
Cons: parking
You'll work on cutting edge projects/ solve important issues that impact our community and the world You can't find a more well regarded company that actually deserves the hype it gets. You'll meet interesting people, managers, and senior managements.
i learn a lot and enjoying the experience to be one of the google employee.
Technician Assembler (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free foods all days :)
i learn a lot and enjoying the experience to be one of the google employee. all the management is pretty cool and very nice to all their employee.
Fun Place To Work
Lead/Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAFebruary 18, 2015
With breakfast, lunch and dinner all in the same building, you never needed to go anywhere, which improved work being completed on time. Did not hurt that ping pong, video games & foosball was within arm's reach.
It was Great
Partner Channel Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 14, 2015
Chief architect for design, implementation and production of flagship Federal Channel program. Responsibilities included sales management, co-selling into customer accounts with resellers, forecasting, enablement, training, marketing, managing GSA Schedules, managing Quarterly Business Reviews, Opportunity Registration (OR), issuing quotas, business development and running of day-to day operations within Partner ecosystem.
An example for every company to imitate
Student Ambassador (Current Employee), GeorgiaFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: major resume booster, connections with quality professionals at google, bunch of google swag
Cons: huh? :)
As a Google Student Ambassador (GSA), I have thoroughly enjoyed being able to represent a company that is not only renowned for its superb products and services, but that have a team of highly motivated and dedicated members that want everyone to succeed. It is both exciting and rewarding. Truly a one-of-a-kind experience!
Google is a great company to work for!
Book Search Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Cons: being a vendor
Google offers great work/life balance but when it comes to compensation and benefits, it depends which contracting company you actually work for.
Fun place to work
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAFebruary 8, 2015
As an on-site vendor at Google you are treated the same way as an actual full time Google employee. You are given the same respect and tasks as your fellow Googlers. Teams are always supportive and mangers are always willing to help.

1 2 3 4 5

About Google

Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. At Google, we know that every employee has something – Read more

Google Salaries