Google Employee Reviews

Productive and Challenging environment
Build And Release Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 20, 2017
Excellent company, very smart people, many resources to do our jobs. Excellent food, beautiful campus, great environment, everybody is happy and proud working for Google.
Pros
Excellent free food
Cons
too many people, lack of space.
I didn't work at Google
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 20, 2017
The system picked up Google thinking I worked for google but I didn't. I worked at a marketing company that used Google My Business. Just for the record.
Business analyst - Temp
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 20, 2017
Google is a great company to work at for contractors. You get to work with some of the most talented people in the industry on some cool projects. Contractors get to enjoy most of the perks as well.
Pros
Fun projects, cool people, free food, shuttle buses
Cons
Not much opportunity in my department for conversion.
Great Co-Workers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 20, 2017
Best place I have ever worked for having a fun and productive work day. Great attitudes, great collaboration, and most importantly everyone has a great work ethic.
This is a Great place To Work
Reciever/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 20, 2017
I started as a dishwasher got promoted to and porter and then a Reciever there's a lot of room for growth. As a Reciever I check all food that comes into the building for my floor by temping and making sure it's 40 or below. Check to make sure the quality looks good.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No OT
Wonderful direct supervisor, terrible upper management
Store Operator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 19, 2017
Typical day at work:
Come in, log into system, get right to work gathering products to fulfill customer orders. Help coworkers with hard-to-find items or missing/damaged items.

What I learned:
Work as hard as I can, always be ready to assist the team, keep open communication with management. Don't let any of them abuse their position to make your job harder than it should be.

Management:
The two direct supervisors I worked closest with during my time at Google Express were both very easy-going and hands-off. As long as I got my work done and kept an open line of communication to assist with any complications that might come up, they just left me to my work. Now the other managers and district managers were an entirely different story. They were entirely unwilling to help with anything--whether it be scheduling, points on our records, or just being generally civil, they consistently talked down to and looked down on us. They would ask for our input on streamlining parts of the work process, and proceed not to listen to any of our ideas, until parts of the work programs malfunctioned, or our order queue skyrocketed for weeks at a time.

Workplace culture:
Aside from the aforementioned management problems, coworkers were, for the most part, easy to get along with, and reliable to work with. However, as is the case in most work environments, there were a handful of extremely lazy people. This would not be a problem if it weren't for the fact that the team as a whole works towards fulfilling a total quota for the day. Laziness or carelessness in certain parts of the
  more... workflow would slow the entire process down. And not only were these people lazy, but often vocally offensive. And upper management, once again, did nothing to rectify these issues most of the time.  less
Pros
Easy work, mostly amicable supervisors
Cons
Dense upper management
great place to work
Hardware Support Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 16, 2017
Great place to work. Tons of amazing things to do and see. Work can be demanding. In many ways it feels and act like a start up. Great experience working here
A good place to learn
Google Express Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 15, 2017
During my time at Google I have learned how to use new software that is exclusive to that company. I have received a fair workload, I normally prepare daily and weekly reports about the business unit I work for.
I have not received much guidance or coaching and it has been complicated for me to understand the culture, in the sense that contractors have access to limited information.
It has been difficult for me to interpret some information, since there is no full disclosure towards contractors.
People are respectful and polite at all times
Trusting Company Culture
GMS Compliance Team Co-Leader (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 14, 2017
Google is a company that trust their employee and they provide extremely kind and convenient environment for their worker. However, this kind of environment sometime does not give their worker enough challenge compared to the startup companies.
Pros
Great work-life balance
Cons
lack of motivation sometime
Are you googley?
Google Sales Manger (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 14, 2017
a typical day would be thursday-sunday 11:30-pm. not too bad. I learned who to work in tandem with different representatives as well as different types of people. MY regional manager was amazing, she went above and beyond. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know everyone on the team and learning about these new products.
Pros
product, training, working with different people
Cons
non flexible schedule
Amazing place for work.
Quality Analyst/Digital Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Google- Mountain View, CAJune 14, 2017
Working with highly intelligent and creative peopleEvery day I takes advantage of my opportunity and tries to learn something new from his co-workers.
Google - as advertised
Ad Moderation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 13, 2017
Google lives up to its reputation and even over delivers. They have found a way to balance fun and work, which keeps stress levels low, allowing employees to feel comfortable and exceed the kind of work you might find in a micro-managed environment
Pros
free lunch, recreation, flexible hours
Cons
Contractor life at Google is mixed
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 12, 2017
Working as a contractor at Google, the demands were high and the pay was mediocre. They did have free food which was nice. I made about half of what the non-contractors were making. Maybe less.
Overall good experience
QC Operator, Goodox Project (Contract Position) (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 12, 2017
working with many people that form from different places, and different cultures.

The hardest part of the job was when we had to deal with some mean managers.
Innovation workplace with creative minds.
SELF DRIVING CAR MAPPING OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE II (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 11, 2017
Great place to work. I've had the pleasure of meeting smart minds from all walks of life while working on projects that potentially will have a huge impact for the future.
Pros
Healthy eating promoted
Corporate politics galore
Technical Program Manager III (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 11, 2017
Google is rife with corporate politics. It's truly sad and disgusting that people with Napoleon complex are allowed and enabled to make other people's lives miserable simply because their managers are sick and twisted. Google is very bad about exiting these types of people. It's a true shame.
lots or benefits
Hub Operator (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 8, 2017
best job i ever had.but, they fired me for tearing my ACL because i missed work. i even had a doctors note too. workplace culture was great though. lots of friendly people with great work ethic!
Pros
free food. lots of free food
Cons
the fact i got fired when i was legitimately injured.
Fun place to work but cons outweigh it
NIU Project Coordinator, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 8, 2017
It's a fun place to work with a lot of young excited people wanting to drink from the Google kool-aid if you will. The problem is the contractor vs Full Time Employee (FTE) discrimination. As a contractor, I was over worked with little to no recognition and the management takes credit for all the work the contractors do.
Pros
young, fun cool place to work, pool table, lounge area, nap pods
Cons
contractor restrictions, layoffs, management from Google HQ is aloof
gsm
google sales manager (Former Employee) –  best buyJune 8, 2017
i was holding the title of google sales manager and working in best buy as a google representative. a third party vendor prs(premium retail service)...........................................................................
Pros
good money, management experience
Cons
hours
Not a good experience
QA Localization Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 7, 2017
I worked as a Contractor at Google and the experience was not good at all. Management discriminate Contractors you feel like a second class citizen. I do not recommend to anybody to work as a contractor. This was in 2006, they may have changed since then. Very poor vision from management (at least the ones I saw) for the bad treatment of contractors.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Not good for contractors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3