Google Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent work place full of down to earth and hard working professionals
Control room operator/SOC Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 24, 2016
I would go back to Google in a heartbeat , amazing people, benefits and overall a wonderful experience. I'm so grateful that I was able to participate in such a thriving company.
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Long hours, but necessary
I'm a temp there, can't say much
Operations Assembler (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJuly 23, 2016
From what I've learned about the full-timers at Google, the benefits and perks are amazing.

My work with Adecco was ok. Adecco itself could use some work but being at Google is fun at least.
Pros
Free lunches, brilliant people, fun management
Cons
Being a temp
great industrial computing environment
Operations Engineer (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJuly 17, 2016
-led people in projects and maintenance
-plenty of work to stay busy
-constant change
-management utilities for tracking all work to within 15 minutes
-finishing projects on time a plus
-repetitiveness of work a challenge
-understaffing for certain tasks problematic
-far too much content to learn; not enough time to learn it all
Pros
free lunches, amazing benefits, stock bonuses
Cons
temps, micro-managing, promotion process
paying attention to detail
scaner (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 13, 2016
you had to pay attention to detail in or to have the best quality of part and also best fast enough to reach the daily goal even while sometime having multiple parts
Lack of job security
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 12, 2016
Job security was based on projects success. 100% travel for some, 75% travel for most. Too many positions that put people in power, very little people willing to do regular tasks day to day.
Pros
Pay rate, experience
Cons
Job security, management, travel
Very fun place to work with. It's like Disney for grown ups
Vehicle Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 11, 2016
Everything was amazing from campus to cool co-workers. Only smart people with degrees can stay as full time employees. They hire a lot of contracts.
Pros
Free transportation, free food, free access to youtube.
Cons
Contracts
Effective and fun place to work
Project Lead / Finance &Accounting Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 8, 2016
A very great place to work with. The working environment brought employee to a creative mind set. Feel fresh each and very day. I enjoyed working there.
Exciting, progressive work environment
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 5, 2016
I enjoyed the overall experience at Google and was very sad to leave this position. Benifits were good as was the working environment. Great team to be a part of
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Should have been able to work from home often
great place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 1, 2016
great people , great management. Very laid back environment but also very competitive . a lot of training , constantly changing fast paced environment
Fun group.
Animation Director (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 30, 2016
The "Doodle" dept. at Google HQ is filled with talented and VERY sharp characters. I would jump at the chance to create another "Doodle" for the team.
cool workspace
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJune 28, 2016
I love google, nice place to work and grow, following up on cool projects, strong team, smart people
i need job
Online Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  IndonesiaJune 27, 2016
online on a computer
I learned a lot
my coworkers just computer
I am very happy with my job
I just wanted to try something new
Nice company to work with
Advertising (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 25, 2016
I had a very nice experience with google advertisement so far. They deliver. It's easy to manage your account and track your work.
Working for big companies such as Google and Amazon is a very good experience
Oracle PL/SQL - OAF Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 23, 2016
Working for big companies such as Google, teaches you best practices that makes work stream lined. Due to code reviews, it forces you to be more conscious on how to code and follow best practices.
Pros
The perks are the best.
Great Place to Learn
VIP Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 22, 2016
My time at Google was a true experience. I enjoyed working with a lot of creative minds and learning the Googley way:-) I hope everyone get's to experience working for Google someday.
Pros
Free PERKS
Cons
NO Beds to sleep in
Productive and fun place to work
Fulfillment Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2016
Super smart people, fast-paced strategic decisions, team-based environment. Would recommend the company to entrepreneurial-minded individuals who are comfortable with frequent change in unchartered territory.
Fun Workplace, Great Benefits
Associate Account Strategist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 15, 2016
Google is a fun place to work with a great atmosphere. The perks and benefits are great. Roles are very singularly task oriented since it is such a huge company, and though it is a "friendly" company, it is big, so it can be corporate at times.

Tons of huge opportunities for growth here, though moving upward internally is very difficult.
GodChronos on Youtube.
Youtube (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 12, 2016
I indirectly work for Google, my videos on Youtube make enough views that advertisements are able to pop up on my videos. The Advertisements make "Ad-Revenue", I don't know much else about it, I just know that Google makes money, and I end up making money. I don't make much because I'm not a HUGE youtuber. But at the end of the day, the money isn't what I care about, it's the fun. I'd say Youtube is more as an internship as I learn more about other people and connect in a way that I never would've thought I could.
Pros
Work when you want to work. It doesn't feel like a job.
sdf sfdfds dfs f dsfds fdsfds sfd
saddsa sdf sfsdsdf (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2016
Google is as great to work for as everyone thinks. It is a very relaxed and collaborative work culture. Lost of free time to do what you need to in your personal life, able to bring your dog(s) into work and everyone is extremely friendly. This has probably the greatest company I have worked for because of the overall culture of the company.

The only problem I have would be the fact that some teams give you very short notice on whether or not you will stay with the next every quarter. I am always in a panic when it comes close to the end of the quarter.
Fantastic!
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 7, 2016
Had the opportunity to be selected twice as a Google Student Ambassador. I was invited on an all-expenses-paid trip out to Google's HQ in Mountain View, CA along with ~ 200 other ambassadors from schools all across the nation and the world. Got to hear from representatives from different teams across Google and went back to my campus to spread Google awareness to fellow students and faculty. Google is a stellar company to work for!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3