Google Employee Reviews

Great work environment with friendly staff.
Randstad USA, Visual Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAFebruary 20, 2017
Great place to learn and grow as a professional. Facilities are very accommodating and the resources available create a very productive and healthy work place experience.
Operations Technician I and GIS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 16, 2017
working at google is a great and powerful experience, the skills you learn there will follow you the rest of your career. free food and countless perks, overall awesome place to work
Pros
Free food
Cons
contractors can be laid off at any time
Smart, Energized Workforce; Lots going on
Instructional Designer III (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Smart, Energized Workforce; Lots going on. Agile environment...not much, if any analysis...just jump in the deep end and see if you live.
Pros
Perks such as Laundry, Low-key ambiance
Cons
Managers are really stressed out and work all the time
Google Inc, a magical place to work.
Quality Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 13, 2017
I wish I had a second chance to come back and work for Google, Inc. It was the magical place to work and the people were extremely kind. My manager gave me an opportunity to train newly hired employees after I started there. Outstanding employees, as myself, would receive "Awards" every month. I had a lot of respect as an employee with my boss and colleague.
Pros
free lunch, dinner and breakfast, gift card awards for outstanding employees.
Cons
Short breaks and the distance by car is ok in my opinion.
Always new challenges to work on
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 12, 2017
Always new challenges to work as the company is growing and there is a culture of doing things that are important to the company.
Fun work place
Visual Data Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAFebruary 12, 2017
Very fulfilling and challenging place to work. Tasks change daily, adaptability is a must. Enjoyable work culture, it's one big family. Work closely with a team and also independently.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very few cons
Was Not Employed By Google
Digital Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 8, 2017
I'm Google Certified and manage a MCC account because my company is a Google Partner. Not sure why it looks as though I work for Google.
Intern
Ops operator (Current Employee) –  Harlem, NYFebruary 8, 2017
It's a Japanese brand company Good work environment meet a lot of people good staff learn a lot about sneakers great party's good shift times located in Harlem NYC very cultured
A Fun place to work
Salesforce Administrator/ Developer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 7, 2017
You get lot of freedom for work. You have flexible work hours.
Always provide a continous learning experience. Its a fun place to work.
Google is 5-Star. Period.
Dispatch Operations Lead, Google Shopping Express (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 6, 2017
It is doubtful if there will be any workplace better than Google in a long time. Google takes care of her employees jealously, and creates an environment where the employees hhighest potentials are achieved. It's definitely a great place to work
Fun amazing diverse work place
Store Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 5, 2017
I love working for google the team I worked with was absolutely amazing. Along with that the work place felt like I was right at home. I would refer the company to anyone.
Love Google
Armed Custom Protection Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pryor, OKFebruary 4, 2017
Google is a terrific place to work. The wok place culture is enjoyable with many different characters and personalities that fosters a diverse atmosphere to embrace.
Pros
Diverse, Fun work environment
Cons
Can't sware!
great place to work
book scanner (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 2, 2017
it was true they do feed you lunch and dinner and the management staff is phenomenally nice. I wish this hadn't been just a seasonal job.
Pros
management
Good Company
YouTube Partner (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOFebruary 1, 2017
Youtube give the best creative freedom to make original content while helping a big community of viewers, there is a lot of new techniques that I learned from trying to be competitive to get more views.
Decent but not for me!
Store Operator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 1, 2017
The work is extremely easy intellectually for I have learned the main primary SOP (standard operating procedures) but it is tiresome on the body after consecutively lifting bulks of items. I think the best part of this position is getting to see customers and communicating with them.
Productive and Fast paced
Rover Operator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 1, 2017
A typical day at work was completing orders and shopping on the salesfloor. spent a lot of time traveling from store to store to help. hardest part of the job was trying to get time off from work and starting early.
Pros
Work with little oversight
Cons
Hiring Agency doesn't work well with employees
Was a very good job wish I still had it
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAFebruary 1, 2017
It was a great company who was the delivery service in a lot of people got what they needed without having to go to the store to buy it it was same day delivery some of the managers were a little racist but besides that it was a pretty good experience
Pros
Free food
Cons
No raises
Hard Challenging Work
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 30, 2017
A rewarding challenge every day. There were many new ideas and views on how to tackle the challenges of building a fiber network. I am glad I took on the challenge. It helped me to grow professionally.
Productive and fun work place
Store Operator (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Very fun to work here, the people are very nice and always get our work done but there was times we had fun. We were like a family and we would all eat together on our breaks. Downside is the contract that was limited to only 1 year then 6 months off then you could reapply.
Good company no room from growth at my position
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Watch the ticket queue and respond according to priority of the issues that were presented.

management was off site and did not communicate much.

Co-workers were friendly.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the free food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3