Google Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing place to work
Staffing Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 29, 2016
I worked on a contract at Google for 1.5 years and it was better than I could have imagined. Free food, free gym, great facilities, and amazing people. I would go back in a heart beat if there was a Philadelphia location.
Pros
Free breakfast/lunch/dinner, free onsite gym, great culture
Cons
No healthcare benefits to temps, temps not able to go to same events or participate in the same functions as full-time employees
Most exciting work place with all kind of benefits!
Operations Excellence Testing Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 27, 2016
Working at GSX I made a successful team and achieved goals. Working atmosphere is so light here which improves productivity of an individual.
Pros
Free food and game zone
Worked as a Vendor for Google--they don't treat their vendors very well.
Sr. Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 22, 2016
Wish I was an actual Googler as they do not treat their vendors with much respect.
High expectations with no reasoning.
Really enjoyed the work, would love to actually work with Google, as they seemed pretty happy.
Not very fun. Feels like a prison
Trusource Labs - Trainer/Email Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2016
Usually the name Google is synonymous with a fun, creative work environment. That is not the case when it comes to my time at Google Nest. As a trainer in a Google facility, we could not rearrange classroom seating as we saw fit without corporate approval. We could not even change the clocks to account for daylight savings time or even for better time accuracy without corporate approval. Google has their own security staff which is nice to an extent, however, should you dim the lights or bring in a visitor, you will be on their bad side. The pay was decent, but not decent enough to stay. The regulations of this facility really inhibited work flow.
Google Work From Home Ads Quality Rater
Ads Quality Rater (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 20, 2016
Great job for going back to school and working from home whenever I had the time. Very convenient and the pay was not bad. Recommend it to anyone who needs a part time job.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Didn't always have tasks available
Zero Chaos -- Quality Ads Rater
Zero Chaos -- Quality Ads Rater (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 16, 2016
Nice work from home job....Great compensation and paid weekly. My only issue is that some weeks there are not enough assignments or tasks to complete.
Fast paced work place giving employee freedom to create and implement operational procedures
Fulfillment Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2016
I was a part of a hardworking fulfillment team that was responsible for creating and implementation of operational changes to help streamline our supply chain. A typical day also consisted of monitoring all stores and operators to make sure each of our customers orders was fulfillment correctly and on time.
Pros
Free lunch, casual dress, creative freedom for problem solving, great co workers
Cons
Lack of professional training
Good People To Know
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 14, 2016
Working with these group of guys helped me understand how important it is to have a staff that are reliable and consistent.They always showed up ready to work and they never would turn down anyone that needed help.
Pros
Own time schedule, no micromanaging.
Cons
Work alone, outside most of the time
Missing Key Data
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 5, 2016
We are usually always ahead of the time when it comes to consumer data, but commerce we only have access to 10% which is online, the other 90% is in store from the point of sale. Other companies like IBM are taking an aggressive approach to retrieving this data and we need to stay up to speed. Its good to hear we are in talks with point of sale companies. With access to the other 90% of missing data we can finally close the loop and 9x our revenue in advertising.
Pros
Flexible hours, great benefits, paid vacation days, etc.
Cons
I think often times we miss the big picture here, we need to interact more with the customer and we need more sales minded people.
Good Work Experience
Founder (Current Employee) –  Somers, CTAugust 4, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at this company. I was able to create different videos and maintain a highly specialized channel with over 170 subscribers. This allowed me to grow and creatively and learn new processes.
Cool place
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 4, 2016
Really big really easy really fun. Waant here for to long but from what i seen from being there, alot of different people to interact and learn from. Work isnt as harsh and fast pace as a regular kitchen
Temporary job
Scan Operator (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 30, 2016
Great Work Flow. Competent Managers. Nice Employees. Nice Pay at the time I was working there. I can't go into detail about this, I signed an agreement form.
great people
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJuly 28, 2016
great people; you can meet a lot of smart people

great payment

free food and gym: the gym is pretty good

open access to the whole code repo
Excellent work place full of down to earth and hard working professionals
Control room operator/SOC Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 24, 2016
I would go back to Google in a heartbeat , amazing people, benefits and overall a wonderful experience. I'm so grateful that I was able to participate in such a thriving company.
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Long hours, but necessary
I'm a temp there, can't say much
Operations Assembler (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJuly 23, 2016
From what I've learned about the full-timers at Google, the benefits and perks are amazing.

My work with Adecco was ok. Adecco itself could use some work but being at Google is fun at least.
Pros
Free lunches, brilliant people, fun management
Cons
Being a temp
great industrial computing environment
Operations Engineer (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJuly 17, 2016
-led people in projects and maintenance
-plenty of work to stay busy
-constant change
-management utilities for tracking all work to within 15 minutes
-finishing projects on time a plus
-repetitiveness of work a challenge
-understaffing for certain tasks problematic
-far too much content to learn; not enough time to learn it all
Pros
free lunches, amazing benefits, stock bonuses
Cons
temps, micro-managing, promotion process
paying attention to detail
scaner (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 13, 2016
you had to pay attention to detail in or to have the best quality of part and also best fast enough to reach the daily goal even while sometime having multiple parts
Lack of job security
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 12, 2016
Job security was based on projects success. 100% travel for some, 75% travel for most. Too many positions that put people in power, very little people willing to do regular tasks day to day.
Pros
Pay rate, experience
Cons
Job security, management, travel
Very fun place to work with. It's like Disney for grown ups
Vehicle Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 11, 2016
Everything was amazing from campus to cool co-workers. Only smart people with degrees can stay as full time employees. They hire a lot of contracts.
Pros
Free transportation, free food, free access to youtube.
Cons
Contracts
Effective and fun place to work
Project Lead / Finance &Accounting Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 8, 2016
A very great place to work with. The working environment brought employee to a creative mind set. Feel fresh each and very day. I enjoyed working there.

4.3