Google Employee Reviews

workplace culture
MBA Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2017
open culture, big company with some bureaucracy, business roles usually revolve around ads, perks are great (food, massages, work space), usually only hire for functions you have experience in, internal mobility is possible around 1-2 years.
OPERATIONS TRAINER (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYAugust 12, 2017
Choose management that are creative, yet responsible. So many of my managers were fun and creative, yet immature. Either that, or they were too strict/ bossy with little creativity, and it makes a huge difference for the sales associates.
Great place to start
Visual Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAAugust 11, 2017
Great place to start out. They train you for everything you need to know. Good free food everyday. Nice break rooms with lots to do, and a one year contact that can turn into a second year one as long as your a good employee.
Pros
Free lunch, a long Contact
Cons
low pay, no full time hire
Retaliate against smart employees that have a voice
Supervisor/Social (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 11, 2017
Company is full of know it alls that know nothing. Like working in a high school cliche situation. If you are friends then you advance. If you have a brain you are shamed.
productive and fun
Manager, Database Engineering (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2017
Great place to work on a lot of new technologies, challenging projects in a dynamic environment, work with talented, friendly co-workers and plenty of fun events and activities.
Flexible but unsecure
Quality Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 10, 2017
This position allows you to travel and have more interests but each project might terminate unexpectedly.
Still, this is a great experience in Marketing, SEM and general web development.
Pros
flexibility, creaticity
Cons
no safety, not possible to obtain any benefits
Great springboard to next opportunity
Sr. Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 9, 2017
Remarkable company with incredible transparency from leadership. Exciting to be involved with so many cutting edge products and working with very talented people.
Pros
Atmosphere, free meals
Cons
Some elitism, relatively low salaries offset by stock
Great company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 9, 2017
Supportive, collaborative, fast paced company with a lot of exciting products and projects in the pipeline. A great place to work and always surrounded by intelligent people.
A Different experience
Operational Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 6, 2017
There is something about working for a big name like google and what it could do for you in your future. There weren't too many cons if any, I had nothing but great experiences and met great people.
No review available.
none (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 5, 2017
I never worked for this company so I do not have an opinion about the working conditions. Google seems to be a very progressive company and will likely continue to thrive.
Fast, Productive, Simulating
Operator, Trainer, Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 5, 2017
A quickly moving machine that uses a tight knit team to accomplish daily goals simple or burdening. The growth and development of the culture offered at Google Express was par none.
google = life
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 4, 2017
Google is a phenomenal place to work, there is no doubt about it. The management is nothing but supportive, but due to the caliber of folks they bring on for non-mangement roles, be ready to compete as a small fish in a big pond.
Smoke and Mirrors
Content Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 4, 2017
At first, it seems like the ideal place to work. Everyone feels that way at first, but there's a Brave New World atmosphere at Google that creates a hostile environment for people who are not employed full-time. To put it simply, engineers rule the roost and anyone else is considered disposable. It is very hard to advance into other roles and there is a very mysogonistic atmosphere. I had been sexually assaulted as a woman employee by a male employee of a different department, but when I reported the incident, my HR manager didn't want to bring it up to her superior because it would "disturb the balance" as I was a contracted employee. It was an absolute joke. I would never recommend this place, no matter how many free treats there are. It is a way for Google to create this Utopian-like appearance and hide how they really treat people who work for them, especially contractors.
about Google shopping exoress
Carrier/ helper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2017
Google shopping express was a great job. I enjoyed it. The customers were very friendly, I use gps the guide my driver to our destinations. I would refer a friend to work there
Great Job
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Gardnerville, NVAugust 3, 2017
I would work at Google forever if I could. A typical day at work is fun and full of challenges. I learn a lot about what a positive culture looks like.
Extremely genuine workforce.
Account Strategist - NA Channel Sales Partnership (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 3, 2017
Extremely genuine workforce who strive towards the company's goal to serve customers/clients.

Very helpful colleagues and team members.

Great people at all levels of the company - everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together in accomplishing the mission.
Fun and interesting work
CodeU Fellow (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 3, 2017
I had the chance to help build out a feature for an Android application, and I found the team structures and the overall atmosphere to be very positive for my internship.
great job
BDS Marketing (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 1, 2017
Love this job and benefits. Management is great. I would recommed this job to anyone. Its easy and fun. Its a great start to a career. I am blessed to have great job.
Pros
great job
Cons
only one weekend off a month
rebuilding motherboards
repair tech (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAAugust 1, 2017
rebuilt motherboards and also put and adjust chips for every computers we made or had rebuilt, fast paced, also had to rebuilt or take apart system units for desktop computers and change or replace chips.
Cons
very short lunches, hr was not very friendly, not a very great environment
• Familiarity with lab equipment.
Lab Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 1, 2017
• Follow established reliability test procedures and perform various environmental and mechanical reliability testing, photography of failures for documentation, and report generation.
• Set up and run test equipment (Environmental Chambers, UV Chamber, Thermal Cycling Chamber)
• Perform Chemical test, Drop test with high speed camera tumble test II Heina’s, RCA Abrasion test, Auto force test, Force gauge test (Nidec Shimpo FGV-200xy), Cross hatch test, Engagement cycle test.
• Record, analyze, and report test results using spreadsheets and charts.
• Update/upload the firmware
• Build fixtures to set up the units for final testing
• Maintain and operate the 3D printer
• Perform soldering of small component (0402 or smaller) under microscope.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3