Google Employee Reviews

The company was great to work for.
Field Operator (Former Employee), Mountain ViewJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Working with fun people and they provided good lunches
Cons: I was a contractor so I didnt have any benefits.
This company is extremely diverse. I had a lot of fun learning and getting paid for it. On a typical there I would learn of the area around the Google campus which is very big. The management team was nice and easy to talk to. It was a pleasure working there.
Fun place to work with benefits and perks
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches and picnics, outdoor activities
Cons: short breaks, too congested rooms
Work environment was good. Punctuality at work was very much encouraged. Deadlines were met everyday and was mandatory to finish up work.management was very helpful and considerate. coworkers were friendly and cooperative. Lots of projects in specified amount of time. Work and play were both part of the job.
Google was one of the best companies to work for
Brand Marketing Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
Really enjoyed the environment and most all -- the smart people. That was the best part of the entire work years at Google.
Great company
Marketing Localization Product Manager (Former Employee), Mountain ViewJuly 7, 2015
I was a contractor here for about a year... Enjoyed my time and assignment. I think however that culturally, it was not a good fit for me because I could not relate to the maturity level of my peers...But nothing personal. Great company.
Great seasonal job during tax season
Quality Control Operator (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 2, 2015
It was always nice to put a smile on someone else's face whenever they met you at the front desk. Tax season gets stressful, but our branch was organized and definitely got the job done. I had such a sweet boss who always took care of me and although my co-workers were quite older than me, they always were kind souls.
Best company to work for
Market Manager (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJune 25, 2015
This is a great company to work for. It has many distinct advantages. Fun work environment, support from co workers, good benefits.
Wonderful Team, Office
Account Strategist (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 25, 2015
Google is a phenomenal company to work for. The trick is to get into the right field of the company from the get-go because it is tough to maneuver within such a large well-oiled machine of a company. – more... For example, I was in sales for two years, including during a huge company re-organization in which people did not have much say about their team reassignments. In order to get out of sales, it would have taken several promotions, a major recommendation and fighting off fierce competition for the much smaller amount of marketing jobs available. It was smarter to go get my MBA to be able to pursue a field I wanted to pursue than stay at Google through all of that. – less
Culture and co-workers were irreplacable
Operations Technician I (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCJune 24, 2015
Pros: Overall Company was amazing
Cons: local management anti cultural
No such thing as typical day of work. Very diversified and plenty of opportunity to learn new technologies. Quarterly outings were always fun until things took a turn. Co-workers remain unmatched by any others. I loved the challenge and the intellect each individual brought to the team.
Good
Software Developer (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJune 19, 2015
Pros: Free food. Smart people.
Cons: Work/life balance canb be off.
You will learn a lot. Food is good, people are smart, and politics is generally bearable.Good benefits. Be prepare to invest your effort.
Productive and Fun
Mechanical Inspector (Current Employee), Mountain veiw CA,June 17, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: No certain work hours.
Pretty Busy Work place.
Able to learn a Zeiss CMM machine
Management are very professional.
All My co-worker are fun to work with.
the hardest part of the job is deadline.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the free food :)
very good
Visual Data Specialist (Former Employee), Bothell, WAJune 17, 2015
Great problems to solve
Freedom and responsibility culture
Work with many talented people
No Fear of my job.
Ability to do a great job
Highly visible product that is fun to work on
Large scale problems
Great work life balance
Great environment, all the bewst tools and technologies
Sr. Linux Administrator (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 16, 2015
Pros: On campus, there are 25 restaurants that provide free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons: I worked from Phoenix, didn't get the campus perks
What can I say about Google rthat hasn't already been repeated ad-infinitum on the web? They are a fantastic company with their eye on all the future has to bring.
Great pay and benefits
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), Home OfficeJune 16, 2015
In the competitive industry of workers this company had one of the highest pay ranges and best benefits. Work/life balance was pretty flexible.
Loved Google
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 10, 2015
Great place to work, great atmosphere and co workers. Pay, benefits and training was above average. Great chance for advancement but let go of people just as quickly as they hired.
Excellent environment
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Free food, gym, a lot of staff
Cons: Trited differently than fulltimers
I liked the company, but did not like that when you are contractor, even though your performance is excellent for a few years to get permanent you need to have interview
Performance Specialist Intern for EXOS at Google
EXOS Performance Specialist Intern (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJune 5, 2015
Working as a Performance Specialist Intern for EXOS at Google consisted of working fulltime days in some of the cleanest and most innovative gyms I have seen. I learned to work in a Corporate Wellness – more... setting, training employees of Google according to the EXOS methodology and education I obtained by attending Arizona State University. The management was excellent to work for; they were encouraging and concerned for everyone who walked in the door. My co-workers were all positive and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was finding effective ways to utilize my time during slow times. The most enjoyable part of the job was developing interpersonal relationships with the clients and co-workers I worked with. – less
Great Company
Test Engineer (Current Employee), Mount View, WIJune 5, 2015
My team was great, the culture was great. Felt good to go to work every day. Always had what I needed to test and the great people in every department.
great job
Material Handler (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 3, 2015
check in books in the computer system job wasnt to hard great co workers the most enjoyable part was being able to listening to your music with headphones on
Fun workplace
Quality Control (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Free Meals.
My everyday routine at Google was to correct and analyze Online Library books for Google's website. Every other week we would learn a new way to correct these books for better scores as they get scan to – more... be put up on their website. Our supervisor, manager such on were very welcoming and understanding when we would have an issue or just someone to talk too. Everyone there were kind to one-another, very friendly and polite. Things were put out to us easy to learn, getting to know each other or even finding your way around the premises. I enjoyed working here because knowing and learning new things about computers can help myself in the future for better and bigger employments. – less
Exciting developments in Maps
Visual Data Specialist III- Team Lead (Former Employee), Bothell, WAMay 18, 2015
Supportive environment for learning new GIS analysis and managing data that impacts Google Maps daily.

Enjoyed management and the opportunity to grow.
Headquarters