Google Employee Reviews

Overall a great experience one has to be apart of to properly pass judgement. experience is different for everyone.
Store Operator (Current Employee) –  East 117 Pleasant AvenueMay 23, 2016
A typical day at work consist of a staff ranged from 1-20 depending on the site assigned. co workers for the most part are welcoming and the leads are knowledgable.There are some leads who require further examination within their led position but that can also be said about management. Management try to maintain punctuality even though there are many who may not be able to grab the necessary attention needed to completely handle a situation that only management can touch on such as availability, Pay stub's and Sick Hour adjustments.
The hardest part of the Job depends on the associates ability to handle different positions within one work day.
The best part about the job is the co workers and compensation and the only thing I've learned is that there are jobs out there with leadership that completely understands those they oversee while at the same time equally respecting them as an adult and a human being.

other jobs can learn from this one.
Productive and fun workplace!
Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 5, 2016
Great company. Great culture. Great benefits. Free food. Great People. Great Training. Nap Pods. Great coworkers. Productive and fun workplace!
Excellent work place full of down to earth and hard working professionals
Control room operator/SOC Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 24, 2016
I would go back to Google in a heartbeat , amazing people, benefits and overall a wonderful experience. I'm so grateful that I was able to participate in such a thriving company.
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Long hours, but necessary
Great place to learn and grow
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 26, 2016
Very hectic and high paced environment. Lots of perks to keep in in the office as long as possible. Work/life balance could use improvement. Corporate culture is great, but office culture is very entitled and fraternity-like. People create a lot of distractions and don't seem very career focused.
Pros
free food, flexible hours
Cons
no remote working, high stress
I'm a temp there, can't say much
Operations Assembler (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJuly 23, 2016
From what I've learned about the full-timers at Google, the benefits and perks are amazing.

My work with Adecco was ok. Adecco itself could use some work but being at Google is fun at least.
Pros
Free lunches, brilliant people, fun management
Cons
Being a temp
Fun environment, with awesome culture that focuses on being more inclusive.
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 24, 2016
The greatest job you will have is at Google. There might be thousands of people working there;however, you have a voice and you will be heard. They do their best to ensure that their employees at all levels, from CEO to Interns, have the best experience while working with them. They care about our work-life balance. They know that a happy employee is a productive employee. The co-workers are fun and very helpful. I can honestly say that the worst part of the job is actually leaving. Google is by far one of the best companies to work for.
Pros
Massages, Free food, Freedom of Creativity
Fun Workplace, Great Benefits
Associate Account Strategist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 15, 2016
Google is a fun place to work with a great atmosphere. The perks and benefits are great. Roles are very singularly task oriented since it is such a huge company, and though it is a "friendly" company, it is big, so it can be corporate at times.

Tons of huge opportunities for growth here, though moving upward internally is very difficult.
Creative, fun, and progressive work environment
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 31, 2016
It is exhilarating to walk into the Google X building everyday and do what we do. The self-driving car project is truly one of a kind and I would not trade the experience for anything. Although day to day duties and responsibilities are constantly shifting, management does a fantastic job of keeping our team together. The hardest part of our job is to face these constant changes and be able to adapt quickly to them. It is quite amazing how everyone on the team is able to learn on the go. I am proud to be a worker here.
Pros
free meals, massage chairs, great perks
Cons
no full benefits
Zero Chaos -- Quality Ads Rater
Zero Chaos -- Quality Ads Rater (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 16, 2016
Nice work from home job....Great compensation and paid weekly. My only issue is that some weeks there are not enough assignments or tasks to complete.
Great experience
Manager, Platforms Teams (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 1, 2016
Google is a great place to work. Its culture has changed over the years -- it has more bureaucracy than it did -- but as large corporations go, it does a fantastic job of empowering its individual contributors.
Pros
All the benefits
Cons
It's a large corporation, and you can get caught up in fighting bureaucracy rather than working on technical problems.
Excellent culture, great products, but watch out if you're a contract employee
CAD Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 25, 2016
While I highly recommend taking a job at Google if one is offered to you, I would proceed with caution if you are a contract worker (or "TVC"). There are certain perks and company functions you're not allowed to enjoy, but the biggest caution is that Google is only allowed to keep a temp on for two years. If your contract is renewed after the first year, great. But if they don't hire you on as permanent by the time the second year comes around, start looking for a new gig. In theory, you can be re-hired as a TVC if you are out of the company for a minimum of three months, but I've never seen that happen.

Again, great job (and free food), but don't expect it to last longer than two years if you are hired as a contract worker.
Pros
Culture, highly innovative products
Cons
Gig as a contract worker will be two years maximum.
Exciting, progressive work environment
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 5, 2016
I enjoyed the overall experience at Google and was very sad to leave this position. Benifits were good as was the working environment. Great team to be a part of
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Should have been able to work from home often
Generally a great place to work
Operational Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 4, 2016
Great place to work, unbelievable amenities, great salary and benefits better than ever expected. Co-workers were for the most part a lot of fun and very bright. Middle level managers many times were looking up instead of helping to push their employees along to further their careers. But still a great place to work.
Pros
Free food, ability to travel, nice folks
Cons
great expectations, mid-level managers not up to expectations
Productive and fun place
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 16, 2016
Cons:
- At times, it gets difficult to maintain work/life balance
- The resources were limited and the pressure was high.

Pros:
- Great team synergy.
- Good compensation
Pros
great team
Cons
Poor management
Good Job
Field Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2016
Pay is good, paid weekly, make your own hours. Benefits aren't great due to expense of them. Easy job, don't really see supervisors or coworkers. All in all great job
Unfair and Hostile Work Environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  DublinNovember 9, 2016
Managers have full reign to steer you in one direction, then turn around and criticize you when they change course. Co-workers are competitive and cut throat and will also try to manipulate situations. HR does not help you. Managers are able to tell their employees to threaten their staff and HR and Senior managers do nothing. The company hires under work permits so they don't have to pay double tax. This means you're not entitled to unemployment and cobra health care. Google is the new Microsoft and the technology is dead.
Cons
Sexist, Cut throat, Very apathetic, No leadership
Infinite Monkey
Sr. Software Engineer (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 17, 2016
No clear, focused direction from management (on my specific project). Revolving door of Technical Project Managers...5 TPMs in 12 months. With such a large and very talented staff on hand, the analogy of the US Marines being lead by the Keystone Cops comes to mind. In the defense of the TPMs -- there most definitely ARE some great ones -- unfortunately, they're so over-burdened and spread so thin that I can't imagine how they're able to keep much of anything focused and on-track.
Pros
the typical Google perks
Cons
lack of clear, experienced management
Fun place
Information Technology Technician (Current Employee) –  Venice, CADecember 11, 2016
Great place to work fun people no job security poor management free food all day juice bar food trucks come sometimes team oriented somewhat great fruit
Outstanding employer
SENIOR SIX SIGMA BLACK BELT - ANALYTICS (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2016
Work day was very flexible, also had a work at home option, but that was not something I used often because I could not access all of the systems I needed due to security issues. Had some long days but did not mind due to the interesting nature of the work and the fact that the company gave me the freedom to manage the "when" as far as getting the work done.

I learned a lot of Advanced Analytics from peers and formal training that was offered.

Management was outstanding with the boss being in the top 4 of over 35 bosses I have had in my career. Had the flexibility to work on projects that were not formally sponsored by the company but worked out and used by the company. That level of freedom is rare in business.

Boss was very good, no micromanagement what so ever but was generally available if you needed him. I felt comfortable suggesting crazy ideas without the fear of it destroying my career.
Pros
Flexibility, Money, good management, great culture.
Cons
Really???
Great perks, exciting and fast paced environment. Needs to develop some infrastructure to support personal work growth
Lead Digital Tech (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 9, 2016
Free food, games, rides, everything! Exciting atmosphere. Surrounded by other really smart people. Lots of opportunity/budget to experiment. Very much feels like a start-up with all good and bad associated with that type of situation.
Pros
Exciting. Challenging. Lots of freedom. Free everything
Cons
Lack of infrastructure/career path. Lack of follow through and accountability.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3