Google

Google Employee Reviews

Great pay and benefits
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), Home OfficeJune 16, 2015
In the competitive industry of workers this company had one of the highest pay ranges and best benefits. Work/life balance was pretty flexible.
Loved Google
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 10, 2015
Great place to work, great atmosphere and co workers. Pay, benefits and training was above average. Great chance for advancement but let go of people just as quickly as they hired.
Excellent environment
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Free food, gym, a lot of staff
Cons: Trited differently than fulltimers
I liked the company, but did not like that when you are contractor, even though your performance is excellent for a few years to get permanent you need to have interview
Performance Specialist Intern for EXOS at Google
EXOS Performance Specialist Intern (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJune 5, 2015
Working as a Performance Specialist Intern for EXOS at Google consisted of working fulltime days in some of the cleanest and most innovative gyms I have seen. I learned to work in a Corporate Wellness setting, training employees of Google according to the EXOS methodology and education I obtained by attending Arizona State University. The management was excellent to work for; they were encouraging and concerned for everyone who walked in the door. My co-workers were all positive and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was finding effective ways to utilize my time during slow times. The most enjoyable part of the job was developing interpersonal relationships with the clients and co-workers I worked with.
Great Company
Test Engineer (Current Employee), Mount View, WIJune 5, 2015
My team was great, the culture was great. Felt good to go to work every day. Always had what I needed to test and the great people in every department.
great job
Material Handler (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 3, 2015
check in books in the computer system job wasnt to hard great co workers the most enjoyable part was being able to listening to your music with headphones on
Fun workplace
Quality Control (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Free Meals.
My everyday routine at Google was to correct and analyze Online Library books for Google's website. Every other week we would learn a new way to correct these books for better scores as they get scan to be put up on their website. Our supervisor, manager such on were very welcoming and understanding when we would have an issue or just someone to talk too. Everyone there were kind to one-another, very friendly and polite. Things were put out to us easy to learn, getting to know each other or even finding your way around the premises. I enjoyed working here because knowing and learning new things about computers can help myself in the future for better and bigger employments.
Exciting developments in Maps
Visual Data Specialist III- Team Lead (Former Employee), Bothell, WAMay 18, 2015
Supportive environment for learning new GIS analysis and managing data that impacts Google Maps daily.

Enjoyed management and the opportunity to grow.
Great perks but high stress
Analytical Linguist (Current Employee), Los AngelesMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, health center, equity awards
Cons: High stress, slow advancement, poor work life balance
The job is loaded with great perks, but it's very high stress. Management is very poorly trained and often doesn't know how to act or manage. On my team, moving up is very difficult and takes people considerably longer than the company average. This can be very frustrating.
Site is terminated.
Document Imaging Technician (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMay 17, 2015
A job I started working straight out of college. The job may be terminated. A great learning experience and fun atmosphere.
outgoing
Floater/Truck Driver (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 15, 2015
Being on the road is fun. Going the extra mile to get things done Always helping someone when needed Always spontaneous. Multi tasking was the key to this job and also being ready to take on anything
Nice place to work
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 7, 2015
I work as a contractor at Google. I was happy to work along with all the bright minds around me. I learned to work on couple of new stuffs in Oracle applications domain like Oracle Applications Framework, XML Publisher, OBIEE, Ubuntu and Google tools like minority reports, Code search, Piper etc.,

Improved my code writing skills and quality. More performance oriented way of writing the codes.The work culture is pretty good at Google.
Amazing place to work
Project Coordinator/ Content Analyst (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 5, 2015
Enjoyed every minute of it!
The office design, the food, the management.
Highly recommend and would go back.

Coworkers were my favorite part. I Never felt as if I am at work, yet I've been very productive.
A wonderful place to work
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), IrvineMay 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: none
Its required that you get along with your coworkers and clients. There is always free snack available. A half hour break is assigned for every two hours of work.
Pingpang tavle,buffle
Product Manager (Current Employee), CAApril 23, 2015
Provide delicious and free food , like Chinese food, Sushi and others.

Provide swimming pool, gym.

Provide delicious and free food , like Chinese food, Sushi and others.

Provide swimming pool, gym.
Awesome place to work with electric scooters.
Lead Power System Engineering Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: Fun company vacations and kitchen for snacks/drinks throughout the day.
Cons: Long days.
Work hard play hard mentality. Often put in 12 hour workdays and some weekends, but work was often fun so it's hard to complain. We practiced rapid prototyping at it's core, often building parts in-house.
I was actually a contract worker for Google through Ranstad, so I wouldn't base my review on Google in general.
Quality Control Operator (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 17, 2015
A typical day as a contract worker at Google wasn't always the best. You just sat in front of a computer all day working on whatever projects the they have you working on. They had leads watch over you constantly, so there was limitless conversation. Basically, being micro-managed. Terrible way to work. Ugh! So glad that I left that place. I don't know how it was that I managed to work there for as long as I did. I guess to gain work experience, which wasn't much. I wouldn't say that there was much of management because they had a recruiting agency on sight she wasn't very nice. Too serious, like, "dude, chill out!" As for the leads, there were some good ones. The hardest part of the job was having to sit at my seat all day! What a horrible experience! And the most enjoyable part of the job was going on breaks and actually feeling human and being able to have some kind of human reaction. NEVER AGAIN!
Most beautiful company to work for.
Accessibility QA (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 16, 2015
Though I am working as a Contractor. Best place to work in corporate world at least once. Benefits we get here are the best i have seen so far.
Life changing experience
Learning and Development Manager (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 16, 2015
I believe Google to be one of the greatest company to work for.

Most enjoyable part of the job:
-- culture & people
-- interesting, complex and impactful projects
-- truly innovative company

Hardest part of the job:
-- multiple important deadlines all the time!
Excellent Company
Specialist (Former Employee), AtlantaApril 11, 2015
Pros: Excellent all the way around
Cons: May be Seasonal
MarketStar is a excellent company to work with while partnering with major companies. Google was one, and training is a blast with all of the attention and ways of delivering training to all associates about the product they have to sale.
Headquarters