Google Employee Reviews

Google is 5-Star. Period.
Dispatch Operations Lead, Google Shopping Express (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 6, 2017
It is doubtful if there will be any workplace better than Google in a long time. Google takes care of her employees jealously, and creates an environment where the employees hhighest potentials are achieved. It's definitely a great place to work
Fun environment, with awesome culture that focuses on being more inclusive.
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 24, 2016
The greatest job you will have is at Google. There might be thousands of people working there;however, you have a voice and you will be heard. They do their best to ensure that their employees at all levels, from CEO to Interns, have the best experience while working with them. They care about our work-life balance. They know that a happy employee is a productive employee. The co-workers are fun and very helpful. I can honestly say that the worst part of the job is actually leaving. Google is by far one of the best companies to work for.
Pros
Massages, Free food, Freedom of Creativity
Break time go with some friend play table tennis.
R &D Technician Machine Operate (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 23, 2016
knowledge high tech and community with co-workers. Google glass.for sample: when I Coat. I just use 2 my fingers in the font of Coating machine, and the machine automatic they Coat the OPTIC themsefl.
Pros
free breakfast and lunches too.
Cons
come early go to trim or play Bowling.
Was a very good job wish I still had it
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAFebruary 1, 2017
It was a great company who was the delivery service in a lot of people got what they needed without having to go to the store to buy it it was same day delivery some of the managers were a little racist but besides that it was a pretty good experience
Pros
Free food
Cons
No raises
Stable and Consistent Work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 28, 2016
For those who are still trying to determine what to do with their careers, this would be a beneficial position to keep you financially afloat until that is figured out. A typical day consists of being very slow in the early morning and picking up the pace during the lunch period. The focus is to ensure the satisfaction and comfort of Google employees, whether it is giving them medical attention, helping them find a lost item, or doing activities more behind the scenes that they are unaware of. There really is no difficult part of the job, the coworkers and supervisors are wonderful, and human interaction is the best part, as well as being a part of a lively culture.
Pros
Free meals and snacks, great benefits
Cons
Not room for advancement in this specific department
Productive and fun work place
Store Operator (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Very fun to work here, the people are very nice and always get our work done but there was times we had fun. We were like a family and we would all eat together on our breaks. Downside is the contract that was limited to only 1 year then 6 months off then you could reapply.
Good company no room from growth at my position
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Watch the ticket queue and respond according to priority of the issues that were presented.

management was off site and did not communicate much.

Co-workers were friendly.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the free food
Past Experience
Technical Specialist - Analytics (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 6, 2016
My past experience has been wonderful both emotionally and technically.

I have gained a lot of knowledge with respect technical skill set and the corporate world.

I have also learnt from my mistakes and now I am in position who can work with high efficiency.
Pros
Technical Knowledge, work environment and work culture
Cons
Cannot think of any
Great perks, exciting and fast paced environment. Needs to develop some infrastructure to support personal work growth
Lead Digital Tech (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 9, 2016
Free food, games, rides, everything! Exciting atmosphere. Surrounded by other really smart people. Lots of opportunity/budget to experiment. Very much feels like a start-up with all good and bad associated with that type of situation.
Pros
Exciting. Challenging. Lots of freedom. Free everything
Cons
Lack of infrastructure/career path. Lack of follow through and accountability.
Amazing environment. Lots of fun activities in between work.
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 5, 2016
I got to learn a lot while my internship at Google. I worked with one of the brightest engineers in the world and they helped me develop personally and professionally. The hardest part of the job was to learn their internal framework on which I worked at Google.
Pros
Free food. Almost everything free.
productive and great place to work, with great team members.
Store Operator (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 6, 2016
On a regular day I would be in charge of shopping operations for our customers at designated locations for same day delivery. This job has taught me to be very diligent in my work and doing efficiently. I have had the pleasure to work with a great team, from our management to co workers we have been able to all work together easily to accomplish our daily duties. I have truly enjoyed being part of the Google express team.
Fun. Brilliant employees. Great culture.
Campaign Performance Analyst / Consultant (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLSeptember 7, 2016
I had 5 conversations with my manager in a year. never personal and very short. I learned everything from my coworkers. Google hires some of the most intelligent people I have ever had the pleasure to work with. The food is great and Google takes care of coworkers with excellent benefits and fun employee functions. The down fall is that job security is a big issue. Google is always looking for someone better and will have no concern with letting you go in a heartbeat.
Pros
free food, good benefits, great coworkers
Cons
lack of job security. pay i low as well for the average employee
High Energy technological job.
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAOctober 25, 2016
Rapid learning of technology based information. I feel I learned an amazing amount of information in a very short time. It was a brand new call center and we were not allowed to tell our phone customers where we were located. The best part of my job was speaking to customers from all over the world.
Operations Technician I and GIS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 16, 2017
working at google is a great and powerful experience, the skills you learn there will follow you the rest of your career. free food and countless perks, overall awesome place to work
Pros
Free food
Cons
contractors can be laid off at any time
Great place to work with the best people. Teamwork makes the dream work!
Business Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 13, 2016
Provided with evrything you need to succedd. Geat value places on teamwork. Management trust you to work on your own and place a great deal of responsibitity in you. Easy to reach out and connect witj multiple departments and different aspects of business.
Smart, Energized Workforce; Lots going on
Instructional Designer III (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Smart, Energized Workforce; Lots going on. Agile environment...not much, if any analysis...just jump in the deep end and see if you live.
Pros
Perks such as Laundry, Low-key ambiance
Cons
Managers are really stressed out and work all the time
Very cool and progressive work atmosphere
Senior Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 31, 2016
Google is a wonderful place to work for because they really know how to take care of their employees. Google offers lots of work benefits such as free meals, shuttle, health and fitness activities, etc.

Google is also very active in the community sponsoring all sorts of community functions and causes. It is a model corporate citizen which promote global awareness and is very visible and sought after worldwide. The products and services are outstanding and the standards are very high. Very high caliber of talents.
Pros
very high-tech and very computer savvy young talents
Cons
could use more "seasoned" or older talents for balance
productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2017
Technology is wonderful when it works and a productivity-sucking-piece-of-junk-headache when it doesn’t
Whether it’s proactive network maintenance, virus protection or firewall services, WTC has you covered.
SDI was acquired by IMS
Database Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 5, 2017
At SDI I really enjoyed being an employee there and learned so much about payer, prescriber, and patients. I worked there when applications became live online and my coworkers were easy to get along with and very nice it was a great place to work at.
A great place to work, if you're willing to dedicate your life
People Programs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 14, 2016
The best part of the company is the teams you'll have the opportunity to work for. My team was among the greatest group of individuals I've ever met and I feel immensely fortunate to have been able to get to know them.

The company as a whole is also ripe with opportunities and is just a joy to be able to be a part of. From the good that is done in the world, to the amazing products you get to be a part of - it's hard not to be impressed.

Departmental politics would be Google's Achilles heal. I felt that often times great products or teams felt the arbitrary wrath that is department leads fighting for resources.

On the whole, the day to day and the long term are really great, but some years can be a bit of a grind. The biggest concern would be trying to carve out enough time for life with your family while also trying to work enough to stand out.
Pros
Perk, Compensation, Great Teams
Cons
Politics of a growing and maturing conglomerate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3