Google

Google Employer Reviews

Fun To Get To See
Visual Data Specialist (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: cool workplace
Cons: slow pace
I was working in the Maps overhaul and it was a short term project as a contractor. I enjoyed seeing the hire process and experiencing the success of making onboard the Google Local Team to work on Maps.

As an avid maps fan, and GIS guru in general, I really miss that contract.

Google is a fascinating ecosystem, and being on site made me happy.
Great People
Control Operator (Former Employee), moutain view caMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free refreshments, free cereal
Cons: no advancement
Nice clean place. a great place to make new friends. but not a great place to start a career. got in through an agency. so no room for growth
Candidate Host
Candidate Host (Current Employee), Mountain View, CaMarch 15, 2014
A typical day at work consists of providing our Candidates (who are interviewing for Google) a positive experience. As a Candidate Host we are also there to help with any day to day issues that may occur during or before an interview. My co-workers are amazing and always a huge help if I do need any help. We all work independently and we work hard as – more... a team. I don't believe my job is hard, I see it more as a challenge to help me grow within the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is the diversity different backgrounds, everyone at Google is incredibly nice and always willing to help you as well as throwing fun facts your way. – less
Great co-workers
Technical support (Former Employee), tempe azMarch 11, 2014
Pros: nice customers that made my day when i was able to resolve their issue, great co-workers, pot lucks, random drawings for ipads, ipods, iphones, good benefits.
Cons: micro management
Inbound technical calls regarding customer's Google account. Anything from e-mail, their pin marker not showing on Google maps, 2 or more pin markers showing on maps. FAQ's on how to get higher in the rankings when people search for services. I would also respond via cases which are in an e-mail form if there were no calls coming in.

I learned how – more... to increase your rankings for your business when people search in Google. I learned there are some people who try to "take over" rival business owner's location on maps so they don't show up during searches. I learned new ways to serve customers in a "Googly" fashion, which was awesome.

Most managers were very very helpful. There were a few that had a short fuse to put it lightly.

Co-workers were awesome.

Hardest part was dealing with a rare upset customer. I always calmed them down and let them know we will get this issue resolved and they are in good hands.

Nice customers that made my day when I was able to resolve their issue, great co-workers, pot lucks, random drawings for ipads, ipods, iphones, good benefits. – less
Best company I've ever worked for
Partner Operations Associate (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 11, 2014
Great place to work. I'd recommend it to anyone, particularly those to wish to have a good balance in their life.
Challenging and Productive!
Advertiser (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2014
Pros: creative freedom, freelance
Cons: long phone conversations
Specialists within my agency work together alongside the client to identify the client's goals (i.e. drive sales for a new product line), and identify a "target audience" to which the advertisements will be directed. I work creatively, design advertisements that will persuade the target audience to become aware of this new product line and begin purchasing – more... the products. – less
All Good
Assembler Technician (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 8, 2014
Good Company to work. Learn very much new things,team work and excellence management.
PRODUCTIVE WORK PLACE WITH WORK PLAY ENVIRONMENT
MASSAGE THERAPIST (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: lots of free perks
Cons: long drive . lots of traffic
TYPICAL DAY- VERY PACKED FILLED SCHEDULE, 5 HOURS OF MASSAGE. ADMIN WORK VIA GOOGLE CHROME.
SOMETHING INTERESTING : THE DIVERISTY OF PEOPLE
AWESOME COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!
Google Chrome Specialist (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 6, 2014
Everything you hear is true. Great company, great pay, and great environment.
Productive and Fun working environment
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 3, 2014
This was a contract position that was offered to me. The work tedious and unrewarding. The perks as what really got me to stay as long as I did.
Good overall culture
District Operations Manager (Former Employee), Venice, CAMarch 2, 2014
Pros: free food, great pay
Cons: no breaks, horrible work-life balance
The Google campus itself is amazing! All amenities are free of charge and the facilities are very well maintained. Management could use some brush up on interpersonal skills and how to effectively manage a team- and moreover, take the time to manage and develop a team.
Play hard and Work harder
Diversity Technical Infrastructure Sourcer (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: 27 different free restaurants, free buses (contractors pay $1.50 each way), the list goes on
Cons: they are more corporate than they claim and the work is very hard
I loved working for Google and my job; however, if you are a contractor you definitely get the lower end of the stick. The culture is none like no other on the outside - work from home, flexible schedules, food galore, games, gym, etc. However, management is very corporate and they still play the favoritism games, etc. It is very easy for someone to – more... get caught up with the physical culture and the benefits of working for Google and overlook the fact that they are still strongly corporate behind closed doors. They do not train you at all so if you work for Google you already know what you are doing and you should be able to sit down and get to work. – less
High pace work environment
Enterprise Sales - LATAM Market (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAFebruary 24, 2014
At Google you can expect to play hard as well as work hard! My days are spent speaking to clients on the phone and following up with them on later days.
Challenging, fun and rewarding
Indpendent Contractor (Current Employee), Burlington, VTFebruary 24, 2014
Working with local business in N. Vermont and Google. Working to establish, repair and/or extend local businesses online presence in Google search results.

Requires customer service skills and technical ability.
Not good for start
Software QA engineer at ChromeOS team (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Who is working at Google? Only some peoples... Other are drinking beer or exercising or meeting or just relaxing on the soft chairs...
Fun Experience
Scanner Operator/ Shipping & Receiving clerk (Former Employee), Mountainview, CaFebruary 20, 2014
Scanned books
ship and receive books
provided lunch and beverages
Recruiter (contract) (Current Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: free breakfast and lunch
Cons: hard to go perm as a contractor
You learn a lot and the people are great. They give you everything you need to be successful.
Great Place
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2014
Google is a great place. Full of smart, motivated people. There isn't very much room for advancement.
Great company culture
Analytical lead (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros
Great culture
Flat hierarchy
Awesome people to work with
Used to be a project culture company but not anyore
Used to be super flexible

Con
- ratings system is absurd in some business unit (forced stack ranking people)
creative work place
Ground Truth Data Specialist (Google Maps Team) (Former Employee), Mountain ViewFebruary 11, 2014
Regadless of the project the team was always allowed to share ideas and give feedback on daily work day processes.

About Google

Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. At Google, we know that every employee has something – Read more