Google Employee Reviews

Google: smart people, but jerks
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJanuary 4, 2017
Google is full of smart people, and they know it. The compensation and the perks (on-site meals, gym, etc) are amazing, but I think it's the only thing keeping people here because most of your coworkers are jerks.
Productive and fun place
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 16, 2016
Cons:
- At times, it gets difficult to maintain work/life balance
- The resources were limited and the pressure was high.

Pros:
- Great team synergy.
- Good compensation
Pros
great team
Cons
Poor management
Great place to work with the best people. Teamwork makes the dream work!
Business Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 13, 2016
Provided with evrything you need to succedd. Geat value places on teamwork. Management trust you to work on your own and place a great deal of responsibitity in you. Easy to reach out and connect witj multiple departments and different aspects of business.
Great Place to Work
Program Manager Lead (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 15, 2016
Great benefits, great place to explore ideas and work with some of the brightest and kind people on earth. Transfers encouraged which creates a lot of opportunities, etc.
Fun work place
Visual Data Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAFebruary 12, 2017
Very fulfilling and challenging place to work. Tasks change daily, adaptability is a must. Enjoyable work culture, it's one big family. Work closely with a team and also independently.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very few cons
Creative, fun, and progressive work environment
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 31, 2016
It is exhilarating to walk into the Google X building everyday and do what we do. The self-driving car project is truly one of a kind and I would not trade the experience for anything. Although day to day duties and responsibilities are constantly shifting, management does a fantastic job of keeping our team together. The hardest part of our job is to face these constant changes and be able to adapt quickly to them. It is quite amazing how everyone on the team is able to learn on the go. I am proud to be a worker here.
Pros
free meals, massage chairs, great perks
Cons
no full benefits
Inspiring and fun workplace
Content Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 24, 2016
Worked at the company for several years on a team with a high turnover rate. There's always work coming in, and management was often in flux. There was a lot of emphasis on team bonding and power hours. Fun coworkers and interesting work. Overall had a great experience.
Pros
free lunches and snacks, flexibility with hours
Cons
long hours, close hands-on management
Good brand name to have on your resume
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Not always the fun loving, awesome place you read about in media. Things have changed with size. Your career depends on your project and your team. Peer reviews and ratings are often gamed.
Good Company
YouTube Partner (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOFebruary 1, 2017
Youtube give the best creative freedom to make original content while helping a big community of viewers, there is a lot of new techniques that I learned from trying to be competitive to get more views.
Intern experience at Google
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 29, 2016
Great place to work at. Great work life balance and challenging work. I learned how to operate in a very large code base, and learned how to test code and write readable code.
Pros
Free Lunches
N/a
Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 4, 2016
Good culture, environment,people, innovation,. And so many things to learn with..
Need to give more respect with TVC as same as FTE
Intern
Ops operator (Current Employee) –  Harlem, NYFebruary 8, 2017
It's a Japanese brand company Good work environment meet a lot of people good staff learn a lot about sneakers great party's good shift times located in Harlem NYC very cultured
great place to work
book scanner (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 2, 2017
it was true they do feed you lunch and dinner and the management staff is phenomenally nice. I wish this hadn't been just a seasonal job.
Pros
management
Productive and Fun Place to work
Google Shopping Store Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2016
Typical day at work was fast Paced
Management was Awsome
Nice Supportive Co-workers
Most enjoyable part of working at Google Express was Shopping for the Customer's
management
Team Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2016
The aspects of the job was fine but management was horrible. They did not know what they was doing. co workers were great. hardest part was being able to keep in contact with management and trying to talk to them about things about the job we didnt like
Innovative company
Sr. Technical Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 6, 2016
Great culture overall. Casual. Fun. Collaborative. Open communication. Intelligent. Forward Thinking. Innovative. Pushing the limits of engineering the in the VR
Google Express - Start up within a Start up
Google Express Merchant Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 3, 2016
This job was a unique opportunity to learn in a start up within a start up environment. There is no typical day on the job. Every day brings new challenges and tests your ability to roll with the punches. I learned a lot from the amazing people who work on the project and from our merchant partners who have so much experience in retail operations. This project is powered by a significant number of temps/contractors (as opposed to full staffed with Googlers) and would benefit from increasing their focus on retaining their talent/tribal knowledge by promoting within.
Pros
Free lunch & snacks, Google brand, and great culture!
Cons
High turnover on mostly contractor based staffing
Google Inc, a magical place to work.
Quality Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 13, 2017
I wish I had a second chance to come back and work for Google, Inc. It was the magical place to work and the people were extremely kind. My manager gave me an opportunity to train newly hired employees after I started there. Outstanding employees, as myself, would receive "Awards" every month. I had a lot of respect as an employee with my boss and colleague.
Pros
free lunch, dinner and breakfast, gift card awards for outstanding employees.
Cons
Short breaks and the distance by car is ok in my opinion.
Excellent Culture
Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 2, 2016
Excellent culture with fast pace environment and great company perks. People are great at inspiring and motivating each other while giving enough space to allow work efficiency.
great place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 1, 2016
great people , great management. Very laid back environment but also very competitive . a lot of training , constantly changing fast paced environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

4.2
4.3

Indeed Prime: Apply to 100 top tech companies with 1 application

100% free. Land your dream job and get $2k. Interested employers will reach out with salary and equity upfront.

Learn more about Indeed Prime