Google

Google Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Aerial Operations Lead (Current Employee), MountainviewMay 12, 2014
Depending on your team it's a great place to work. I am now filling this part in as a requirement to Indeed. Here is a haiku for your enjoyment.

Buildings made of stone
Crumble during an earthquake
Reinforce with steel
Tech-forward, innovative work environment, cultural melting-pot.
Product Catalog Information Specialist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 8, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: benefits
Worked with high-impression web-content. Curated high volumes of product catalogs, ensured user friendly experience on Google Shopping.
Excellent work environment
Identity Operations Associate (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 7, 2014
There are many, many perks to working at Google. While they do an excellent job at keeping their employees and contractors healthy and happy, those perks can easily "trap" you at work. So you have to make sure you balance not just work and play but time at the office and at home.
Great workplace, but little advancement for contractor
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches, free gym
Google is a great place to work. There are many great perks such as the free food, gyms, basketball courts, ping pong tables, pool tables, etc. As a contractor, I feel like there is little opportunity to become a full-time employee. I have really enjoyed my time here however and would love to stay if I had the opportunity.
Productive busy work atmosphere
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMay 1, 2014
Pros: the pay was great and they let you work an infinite number of hours
Cons: they closed down without notce
A typical day at work was busy and very involved. I learned how to handle customers from all aspects and how to use all of Google products with an extended amount of knowledge. The management of the company itself was a little unorganized because things were constantly changing and the employees were never informed. My co-workers were all hard working – more... individuals as we were trained to be. The hardest part of the job was the administrative figures never could keep the employees in the loop of what was going on with the company because they barely knew themselves. The most enjoyable part was working for a company that Google considered to be the voice for Michigan, also learning about the Google products and brand was a very amazing thing. – less
Great Co-workers, but little work-life balance
Account Strategist (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMay 1, 2014
The best part of working at Google is not the perks, but the people. Googlers are smart, dependable, and innovative. These characteristics are great for the company because it is expected that you work quite a bit. It is not atypical to receive late-night emails and working overtime is an accepted norm. Google is always striving to break new ground – more... and improve itself, which requires long days. – less
Very active environment
Technical Support/Customer Support (Current Employee), Ogden, UTApril 25, 2014
A typical day at work would be taking calls and helping customers with technical problems related to their carrier.
What I learned mostly is how to better my skills regarding Customer Service.
The management was well organized and we were all well informed on the rules and how they ran each client.
My co-workers usually had a lot in common. We are all – more... technical and share a lot of the same interests.
Hardest part is help solving unknown issues that don't fall under our knowledge base.
The most enjoyable part is helping customers feel good by providing them with excellent customer service. – less
Good
SQA Engineer, Enterprise Solutions (Former Employee), Mountain ViewApril 25, 2014
Very rewarding and challenging.Good exposure to inhouse tools and good utilization of resources
the job have alot of fun and increasing your knowledge about the new technology.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 24, 2014
Pros: free various food and drink
Cons: n/a
I am really interesting in this job because i got the first chance to test and working on new technology google glass product. Therefore i also can learn too many things for the most progress in this product. For Example alignment tiny electronic projector, how to deal with robotic issue, how is optic work though the projector, laser testing system – more... with high accurate performance and a lot more. – less
Fun workplace
Google Shopping Express-Adecco/Store Operator (Former Employee), Numerous locations throughout the PeninsulaApril 18, 2014
I worked with numerous types of people of all ages and backgrounds from upper store management to leads and coworkers.
I learned that for things to run smoothly you have to have great team work. The hardest part of the job were meeting deadlines, but we always managed to do so and the most enjoyable was meeting new people and constantly learning.
Free Food but High Pressure
Marketing Program Manager (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 13, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: high pressure, competitive and stressful
Great experience in fast moving global organization. Great perks such as free food and free gym. High pressure and highly competitive work environment. Hard to get work-life-balance.
The company was good
Business Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 11, 2014
I was working on a lot of data analysis and creating documentation.
good company and good benefit at work
Engineering Lab Technician & Quality Control (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 8, 2014
- good treating
- get another skill of solar
- good environment to work
Exciting position; always learning new things
Document Control Analyst (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 3, 2014
• Oversee specific projects within DCOPs
• Plan and develop training workshops for New Document Management System
• Work closely with and maintain healthy relations with various partners within the ecosystem
• Capture and document process and impact of program
• Provide administrative and logistical support to the office and cross functional teams
Great and fun place to work!
Operations Assembler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2014
Performed day to day hardware operations in Google data center. Management and co-workers are awesome.
Marketing Ops/Automation Lead Review
Marketing Operations/Automation Lead (Current Employee), mountain view, caMarch 28, 2014
On a typical day of work, my tasks are quite varied. I'm responsible for the overall management of operations and automation for the Americas and Global/Central for Google Enterprise.

This means that I do a lot of systems work, between Salesforce CRM and our automation platform - Marketo. I manage all data flowing into both of these systems, and the – more... operational best practices for the use of both systems for the Marketing Org.

I enjoy working with systems, ops and automation. It does come with a lot of challenges, like working with Marketing and Sales executives who do not understand the more technical or data oriented aspects of working with systems. – less
Fun To Get To See
Visual Data Specialist (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: cool workplace
Cons: slow pace
I was working in the Maps overhaul and it was a short term project as a contractor. I enjoyed seeing the hire process and experiencing the success of making onboard the Google Local Team to work on Maps.

As an avid maps fan, and GIS guru in general, I really miss that contract.

Google is a fascinating ecosystem, and being on site made me happy.
Great People
Control Operator (Former Employee), moutain view caMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free refreshments, free cereal
Cons: no advancement
Nice clean place. a great place to make new friends. but not a great place to start a career. got in through an agency. so no room for growth
Candidate Host
Candidate Host (Current Employee), Mountain View, CaMarch 15, 2014
A typical day at work consists of providing our Candidates (who are interviewing for Google) a positive experience. As a Candidate Host we are also there to help with any day to day issues that may occur during or before an interview. My co-workers are amazing and always a huge help if I do need any help. We all work independently and we work hard as – more... a team. I don't believe my job is hard, I see it more as a challenge to help me grow within the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is the diversity different backgrounds, everyone at Google is incredibly nice and always willing to help you as well as throwing fun facts your way. – less
Great co-workers
Technical support (Former Employee), tempe azMarch 11, 2014
Pros: nice customers that made my day when i was able to resolve their issue, great co-workers, pot lucks, random drawings for ipads, ipods, iphones, good benefits.
Cons: micro management
Inbound technical calls regarding customer's Google account. Anything from e-mail, their pin marker not showing on Google maps, 2 or more pin markers showing on maps. FAQ's on how to get higher in the rankings when people search for services. I would also respond via cases which are in an e-mail form if there were no calls coming in.

I learned how – more... to increase your rankings for your business when people search in Google. I learned there are some people who try to "take over" rival business owner's location on maps so they don't show up during searches. I learned new ways to serve customers in a "Googly" fashion, which was awesome.

Most managers were very very helpful. There were a few that had a short fuse to put it lightly.

Co-workers were awesome.

Hardest part was dealing with a rare upset customer. I always calmed them down and let them know we will get this issue resolved and they are in good hands.

Nice customers that made my day when I was able to resolve their issue, great co-workers, pot lucks, random drawings for ipads, ipods, iphones, good benefits. – less

About Google

Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. At Google, we know that every employee has something – Read more