Google Employee Reviews in United States

great place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 1, 2016
great people , great management. Very laid back environment but also very competitive . a lot of training , constantly changing fast paced environment
Great
Nest Training & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville TNApril 20, 2016
Easy work, great schedule, fun environment. Daily activities with new guest and clients kept things fun. Management easy to work with and more than happy to help on any needs,
Great place to work but increasingly corporate
Business Development Lead (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 4, 2015
Google is a great place to work if you want job security and a high paying salary. Your team is usually a 6:1 ratio with manager. However given Google's growth, the company is increasingly becoming large and corporate minimizing innovation in the business unit of Google.
Pros
Free Lunches, Work-Life Balance
Cons
Managers vary greatly
fun place with cool people
Customer Service Representative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 30, 2016
working with great and fun co-workers, i have learn so much in this company and learned using google's software to troubleshoot the customer's issue.
Great project, but I don't like their temporary policy.
Operations and Logistic Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2016
Unfortunately Google works with Staffing Companies that don't have the best benefits.

They have temporary jobs with a max of 2 years contract.
Productive and fun environment, best place to work
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 16, 2016
Productive and fun environment, best place to work. Free food, gym and many sports activities and employee activity groups.
Good but really should be so much better
Product Marketing / Management Lead (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 17, 2016
I'll just say that the glass is half full. Many products are successful and great. All the perks are wonderful. Too much of the management is incompetent.
It was a great experience
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 11, 2016
I had fun working with side by side with my Executive Chefs, Chefs, and Sous Chefs learning and growing. My Co-Workers were great and fun to work with. The main move for me is to grow and continue to learn from other Chefs. With also a possibility of moving up.
Cons
No room to move up
Good workplace
Caradigm (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 29, 2016
Worked with 4 creative people. Managed team and the workplace functioned in a very organized and effective way. Very functional and developed environment.
Good entry level position
Full time courier (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 19, 2016
Some time spent staging without any delivery orders. Assignments and work schedule not very efficient. Overall, reasonable amount of work each shift.
Very Collaborative and Dynamic Environment
Sr. Global Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 11, 2015
This is an interesting and dynamic environment. It us very collaborative and fun. We spend a lot of time team building along with creating innovative product.

The most enjoyable part of my job is sharing my knowledge with all members of the team (jr and sr) to help them come up with the best solution for our customer's delight.

We spend a lot of time getting to know each and creating processes that are scalable, measurable and efficient.

The organization is relatively young and it's exciting to see us creating something out of nothing except our own imaginations!
Pros
LOTS of benefits
Cons
Too much collaboration can create an environment of confusion and lack of coming to any decisions.
Boa
Hub Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 4, 2016
BOA was very cool. Learning how to process checks and working the machines was pretty cool. I would not mind going back. Bank of America was a fun work environment.
Great
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 28, 2016
Great work experience overall. Very enjoyable work environment. Learned a lot about the industry. Gained valuable knowledge and skills for the field.
productive and fun
Summer Intern at DOODLE4GOOGLE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2015
A typical day at google is really hectic. Although you know you work for google, you never know when does the time pass by working all day. Excellent management and amazing co-workers and leaders. Hardest part of the job for me was to adjust my schedule as i was a full time student. the most enjoyable part of the job was the name where I worked itself "GOOGLE"
Pros
all facilities were provided like gym, lunches, dinner, campus etc Google is its own world within a world on earth
Cons
Visa sponsorship
Fun group.
Animation Director (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 30, 2016
The "Doodle" dept. at Google HQ is filled with talented and VERY sharp characters. I would jump at the chance to create another "Doodle" for the team.
Innovative
Data Center Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IANovember 13, 2015
Pro's:
~Wonderful compensation and benefits.
~Team Cohesion
~Community Outreach Programs

Con's:
~To HQ centric
~Managers at outlying facilities have to much power and not enough oversight. i.e. ineffective and/or nonexistent manager/employee collaboration.
~Insufficient promotion/pay increase processes.
~Unrealistic expectations
Pros
Cons
Culture not what it seems
It's ALL Political
Sales (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 28, 2016
You play the game you keep your job! Overall a decent company to work for if you are single. Very little work life balance. You can advance if you know how to say the right things and build the right relationships.
great company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 30, 2016
It is a renowned company with great culture. In recent years, google has grown too much in size which makes management less efficient and low. Still a top place to work for.
Really fun
Staff Writer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2015
Google is an amazing company, thoroughly devoted to insuring that its employees are both happy and productive. Free lunches, standing desks, fun events and great training opportunities. There's a palpable, youthful energy buzzing throughout the building, and that made it unique.
Nice company to work with
Advertising (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 25, 2016
I had a very nice experience with google advertisement so far. They deliver. It's easy to manage your account and track your work.

4.3