Google Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent!
Google App Support (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 3, 2016
work life was amazing! the environment was prime. there was always a buzz of excitement and a go get it attitude. co workers are very fun and nice. and overall an extreamely productive workplace.
fast paced work
street view driver (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 17, 2016
mapping varioius cities in a fast paced environment. you will enjoy this job if you can handle a lot of driving and work well without on your own.
Pros
weekly pay with room for bonus
Cons
weather and stress
Learned a lot during this internship
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 9, 2016
Learned a lot during this internship, was a fun place to work at with good work life balance.

food and daily perks were amazing.
Great place, great people!
Lead Transportation Operations and Logistics (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 28, 2016
Ample opportunity for advancement. Great learning experience for future managers and supervisors. Learn how to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
Great Company
Operations assembler (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORMay 7, 2016
great company!! They take really good care of employees and listen to concern's and fix problems quickly. great people and work atmosphere. I loved working for Adecco at google.
Pros
everything
paying attention to detail
scaner (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 13, 2016
you had to pay attention to detail in or to have the best quality of part and also best fast enough to reach the daily goal even while sometime having multiple parts
lazy co workers
Store Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2016
terrible,its like going back to highschool. and management is the worst ,rude......the workers are rude young disrespectful and management doesnt say anything to anyone ..............................................................................
Pros
wrost
Cons
wrost
great place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 1, 2016
great people , great management. Very laid back environment but also very competitive . a lot of training , constantly changing fast paced environment
My short lived employment as a Google Agent
Technical Support Tier II (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 30, 2014
I was hired with a group of 30+ people to provide Googles Play Store with Technical/ Product Ordering Support. My time with Randstaff Staffing as a temporary worker was short lived, as Google decided to cut the project and lay us off a week later. Despite the temporary set back, I was fortunate to be hired among a pool of Thousands of applicants and I consider that an accomplishment in and of itself. I was grateful for my time at Google and LOVED the micro kitchen with unlimited snack privilages.
Pros
free snacks, relaxed work enviornment, great people and good managers
Cons
temorary/ contracted position with no benefits
Productive and fun place to work
Engineering Manager (Business Applications) (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 11, 2016
Awesome and friendly place to work. Great working environment and perks. Always supportive of new ideas and encourages initiatives.
Fantastic experience
Google Wallet Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 23, 2016
Worked at Google for Google Wallet's AML team. The work was critical but it was great to work with. The people there were very helpful.
Pros
Everything free. Leave your wallet at home.
Cons
.03% acceptance rate is pretty lame.
Creative, innovative, fun and comfortable place to work
Partner Development Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2013
Google has been the best working experience I've had by far. Every day I'm surrounded by motivated, intelligent and fun-loving people who together create a momentous atmosphere of goal-driven innovation, and creativity. During my time here, I've learned many new skills which helped drive our business in a variety of ways. It's definitely not a 9-5 job, and there are quarterly crunches to tackle in an ever-changing industry which are some of the hardest parts of the job. However what I've enjoyed most is the opportunity to work with such incredibly smart, hard working and collaborative people, as well as the ability to gain skill sets in areas both relevant to my job, and beyond.
Pros
free lunches, awesome benefits, lots of micro kitchens, comfortable work place
Cons
non-competitive salaries, long hours
Productive and fun environment, best place to work
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 16, 2016
Productive and fun environment, best place to work. Free food, gym and many sports activities and employee activity groups.
Good workplace
Caradigm (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 29, 2016
Worked with 4 creative people. Managed team and the workplace functioned in a very organized and effective way. Very functional and developed environment.
Very Relaxed Work Environment
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAFebruary 25, 2015
Was contracted out through Adecco, and most of my day was spent trying to find things to do when the queue was cleared. A typical day was working on 50-60 servers, troubleshooting, replacing components, et cetera. I also was taught to run fibre optic cables, set up server racks, and even supervise teammates populating the server racks I had set up. Hardest part of the job was down-time. There was a lot of trying to find busy work.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, drinks, free!
Cons
no benefits, 6 term contract.
Fun group.
Animation Director (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 30, 2016
The "Doodle" dept. at Google HQ is filled with talented and VERY sharp characters. I would jump at the chance to create another "Doodle" for the team.
Boa
Hub Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 4, 2016
BOA was very cool. Learning how to process checks and working the machines was pretty cool. I would not mind going back. Bank of America was a fun work environment.
The Google HR MAchine
Technical Sourcer (Former Employee) –  Mountainview, CAAugust 30, 2011
I worked in the Google HR team so I can really only speak about that group. Google hires lots contractors for their HR function, and they know how to onboard them quickly and easily. With all the benefits, and amenities at their work sites I rank them as a top place to work.

They have a ton of really smart people there and no matter your role, you will learn stuff from the people around you. For this reason alone, it is a great place to work. The down side is the work/life balance. Google pushes a ton of work onto your plate and they mange to complete it. Plan on eating at work at least 4 nights a week to finish your work.

But hey, on the upside the meals are gourmet and they are free.
Pros
fun environment, can drink at work, free food
Cons
work/life balance, imature employees/culture
Great
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 28, 2016
Great work experience overall. Very enjoyable work environment. Learned a lot about the industry. Gained valuable knowledge and skills for the field.
Nice company to work with
Advertising (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 25, 2016
I had a very nice experience with google advertisement so far. They deliver. It's easy to manage your account and track your work.

4.3