Google Employee Reviews

Excellent working environment and work culture
Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 30, 2017
Very relaxed yet competitive work culture. Learned to work in diverse environment, improved management and technical skills. Never thought working would be fun before working in Google!
Best
Animator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 28, 2017
best everrrr
Days were Hectic but i felt occipied
it was as any other GA work but was worth it and would love to work in a space like pace where i can be the person i am and can do what im best at
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Beautiful grounds
Firewood Marketing, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 28, 2017
It's nice to go to work where you see squirrels and birds in the tree and get free food. The culture is young, but innovative with many smart people. It was a comfortably challenging job.
Amazing work environment
Renewals Team Intern, Google Enterprise (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 26, 2017
This job was very rewarding because i was given the opportunity to help, low income, minority students brushen up their skills before they went on to the next grade.
Pros
Rewarding
Great
Technical Writer (Aquent Contract) (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WASeptember 22, 2017
Great place to work. Free food. Fascinating work. Pay is really great, people nice. Would recommend working there any time. I would go back again if I wasn't on a contract that expired.
great team and good managers
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 22, 2017
I was a contractor so my experience was different than employees. but, it was a great gig for me. Team was supportive, manager was great, and the perks awesome! the food alone was enough to make me love working there. I learned a lot, contributed to the team in big ways, and worked with amazing people!
Pros
free food
Cons
commute
A very political place to work.
Territory manager (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLSeptember 22, 2017
It may sound good working for Google but it is not. Working for Google is more of who you know than what you know. A very political place of employment.
Cons
Very productive and fun work environment.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 22, 2017
From the first day of training, the experience of being there is very euphoric. The training was very fun and interactive with the other trainees and trainer. The first day of work was just how the trainer told us it would be; very fast pace, interactive with other co workers from Google, and laid back as well. Every day was the same but different, either pick customer order, pay for it with with Google credit card, or pack the orders' after they've been paid for. I learned how to keep that process moving fast and steady to where the customers get their orders fast and in one piece. It helped a lot, that that the leads, supervisors, and management from the main office were very kind and always willing to help. The hardest part for me, was the commute to work. I lived in Oakland and the job was in Hayward, which was three cities away. All the together the job was fun nd the people were some of the best of the co workers I've ever had.
Pros
The pay, the people, and the job
Cons
The commute
Cutthroat
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2017
This was a boiler room of sales reps that were petty and used scripted pitcheds to sell services to the public that were shady at best. I have to type in something to fill the balnk space so this is all i want to say.
A wonderful work enviroment with fun employees
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 21, 2017
Coming to work for a company that really wants you to have fun and excel while working was a dream for me. They really taught me about work ethics and enjoying your job while earning a decent pay check.
Pros
free lunch, paid holidays.
Cons

Want to know more about Google?

Ask a question
Amazing opportunity
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 20, 2017
It was always fun to work there. Smiling faces around, helpful co-workers make your life better. I loved the culture, and learned many new things there.
Very fast paced
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 20, 2017
You need to be on your toes and sharp to work there. There's a lot of smart and competitive people. lots of great lifestyle perks, but expect the hours to be typically longer than most companies.
Exemplory large tech company
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Google isn't perfect but it almost certainly comes the closest of any company with dozens of thousands of employees.

A typical day as an Eng. Mgr. is filled with meetings, most of which are actually productive and interesting. The balance is usually spent reading and responding to email or looking through artifacts created by the team you manage.

I've learned how to organize and empower people to be productive and happy engineers. Upper management can often be ignorant of how things are in the trenches but there are excellent tools for bubbling up widespread discontent so it does generally get addressed.

The hardest part of the job tends to be staying abreast of all the change happening across such a gigantic organization, since you never know when something will impact you.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the great coworkers, especially over daily free lunch.
Pros
great food, systems & people
Cons
Conway's law
Google Kirkland
QA Engineer (Vendor) (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WASeptember 18, 2017
I liked to start work early. This was not a problem with my managers. I was a tester for Android Hangouts. We had sufficient equipment to do our jobs and very good supervision. Google's tools are easy to learn and use, for the most part and issues seem to get fixed in a reasonable amount of time.

I enjoyed working with our leads and Manager. They worked extremely hard getting us up to speed on changing features. Google's facilities are first rate! I would be very happy to go back on another Vendor job if the opportunity arises.
Pros
Free meals, drinks, great equipment, excellent work environment
Cons
None come to mind
Vendor working at Google is not fun
Senior TV Partner Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 16, 2017
This review does not accurately represent Google since I am a vendor. I work under Accenture/VACO. As a vendor, you are not a "real" Googler and you are treated like an afterthought and the real Googlers are embarrassed by you.
Pros
Free Food everywhere
Cons
Vendors are considered second class citizens
Perfect Working Place to Interact with Decent People
Advertisement Quality Evaluator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Google in New York was a decent working place with full of creative and skillful people. My manager always supported me during the difficult projects. It was great to had a lot of experience in marketing and SEO fields.
Pros
Working with extremely smart and open-minded people
Cons
Short temporary projects duration
Awesome work envrionment
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 15, 2017
Work environment is awesome. You get many perks working here. Free meals, gym, snacks, coffee, and etc. Although depending on what program you are in, it can be hard to move up.
Pros
Free meals and gyms
Cons
Depending on what program you are in it may be hard to move up
Operations Technician
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Mountain ViewSeptember 15, 2017
I was a Contractor at X for about a year. You almost get all the benefits as a full time employee, but not the normal status of a FTE. You will be looked down upon due to this reason.
Great culture
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 14, 2017
I enjoy working at Google, it's a very team oriented company where you feel that you are all working for the same goal. Everyone I have worked with has been exceptional!
Pros
Meals!
Cons
Projects are worked and then cancelled due to other priorities, Corp Eng Contractors are located offsite from the Google team, not a very good arrangement for the team!
Google
Network Operation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 13, 2017
Great place to work at, lots of benefits, free food, gym, massage etc. Employee feel so relaxing to work at Google which is way too good for employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3