Google Employee Reviews

great work environment
Senior Operations Specialist, Glass (Former Employee) –  mt view caOctober 2, 2016
I was on contract that got extended. worked almost 2 years there. great place to strech my legs after working for myself. Great project just was managed poorly.
Excellent Culture
Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 2, 2016
Excellent culture with fast pace environment and great company perks. People are great at inspiring and motivating each other while giving enough space to allow work efficiency.
Stable and Consistent Work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 28, 2016
For those who are still trying to determine what to do with their careers, this would be a beneficial position to keep you financially afloat until that is figured out. A typical day consists of being very slow in the early morning and picking up the pace during the lunch period. The focus is to ensure the satisfaction and comfort of Google employees, whether it is giving them medical attention, helping them find a lost item, or doing activities more behind the scenes that they are unaware of. There really is no difficult part of the job, the coworkers and supervisors are wonderful, and human interaction is the best part, as well as being a part of a lively culture.
Pros
Free meals and snacks, great benefits
Cons
Not room for advancement in this specific department
Fun environment, with awesome culture that focuses on being more inclusive.
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 24, 2016
The greatest job you will have is at Google. There might be thousands of people working there;however, you have a voice and you will be heard. They do their best to ensure that their employees at all levels, from CEO to Interns, have the best experience while working with them. They care about our work-life balance. They know that a happy employee is a productive employee. The co-workers are fun and very helpful. I can honestly say that the worst part of the job is actually leaving. Google is by far one of the best companies to work for.
Pros
Massages, Free food, Freedom of Creativity
Great company; wonderful learning experience!
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 23, 2016
Great if you enjoy complex social systems and processes. A lot of perks and flexibility. Many touch points across big teams internationally too. Suggest for anyone curious about working in a multinational corporation.
GNC Engineer
Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 21, 2016
Solved exciting, challenging problems. Co-workers were intelligent, and intellectually curious people continuing to educate and expand their minds each day at work. A thoroughly enjoyable experience.
Very entertaining
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IASeptember 20, 2016
I love getting up and going to work everyday. The environment is what a job site should feel like. The people and the clients make working for Google the best place to have a career.
Great perks, exciting and fast paced environment. Needs to develop some infrastructure to support personal work growth
Lead Digital Tech (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 9, 2016
Free food, games, rides, everything! Exciting atmosphere. Surrounded by other really smart people. Lots of opportunity/budget to experiment. Very much feels like a start-up with all good and bad associated with that type of situation.
Pros
Exciting. Challenging. Lots of freedom. Free everything
Cons
Lack of infrastructure/career path. Lack of follow through and accountability.
it's a great company to work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 9, 2016
work life balance is good. it is great to work at Google. Teammates and people here are talent and friendly. I can learn from them everyday. Enjoy to work!
Well
Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2016
Everything was well.It was a good site and helpful.I do enjoyed it.I will highly recommend for this.Thanks all.

determination administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying accomplishment.
Pros
nice
Good
productive
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2016
Google express is a place where there is majority set operation work. My duty was to monitor almost 20 staff on a daily basis. I build great relationship with my employees. Where they were comfortable and enjoyed getting the work done on a daily. Unfortunately google is a temporary position, and in due time we all would have to seek further employment.
Fun. Brilliant employees. Great culture.
Campaign Performance Analyst / Consultant (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLSeptember 7, 2016
I had 5 conversations with my manager in a year. never personal and very short. I learned everything from my coworkers. Google hires some of the most intelligent people I have ever had the pleasure to work with. The food is great and Google takes care of coworkers with excellent benefits and fun employee functions. The down fall is that job security is a big issue. Google is always looking for someone better and will have no concern with letting you go in a heartbeat.
Pros
free food, good benefits, great coworkers
Cons
lack of job security. pay i low as well for the average employee
productive and great place to work, with great team members.
Store Operator (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 6, 2016
On a regular day I would be in charge of shopping operations for our customers at designated locations for same day delivery. This job has taught me to be very diligent in my work and doing efficiently. I have had the pleasure to work with a great team, from our management to co workers we have been able to all work together easily to accomplish our daily duties. I have truly enjoyed being part of the Google express team.
Innovative company
Sr. Technical Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 6, 2016
Great culture overall. Casual. Fun. Collaborative. Open communication. Intelligent. Forward Thinking. Innovative. Pushing the limits of engineering the in the VR
You have to see it to believe it
Glass Evangelist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 5, 2016
We worked hard, but the culture created by Google owners and management is one that should be replicated everywhere. It's amazingly relaxed and open to creativity
Pros
All meals, massages, relaxed setting
Cons
Google is a great place to work in
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 3, 2016
Google is a great place to work in. We can come in any time we like and as long as we deliver on what was discussed in the last project meeting we are evaluated positively.
Great job - not much opportunity for growth
NYC Field Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2016
My initial role involved geospatial data collection. It was contract position and 80% travel. I was promoted multiple times there within my time there to Operations Lead. In this role I was in charge of the admin process and management of associates administering data collection throughout the United States, Australia, and some parts of Canada.The project was fairly new and underwent a major operational infrastructure change.
The most enjoyable aspect of the position were my team members and the travel opportunities early on. Most of the team members I managed were great people with great work ethic. I was also able to exercise my creativity and leadership abilities to grow myself into a better person.
The hardest part of job were the increasing demands of project performance with zero opportunity of incentive based compensation. There was very little work life balance, no bonuses, and it was often expressed to me no growth outside of the project.
Pros
Free lunches, Hotel perks, Travel
Cons
Bad work life balance, healthcare package
Very cool and progressive work atmosphere
Senior Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 31, 2016
Google is a wonderful place to work for because they really know how to take care of their employees. Google offers lots of work benefits such as free meals, shuttle, health and fitness activities, etc.

Google is also very active in the community sponsoring all sorts of community functions and causes. It is a model corporate citizen which promote global awareness and is very visible and sought after worldwide. The products and services are outstanding and the standards are very high. Very high caliber of talents.
Pros
very high-tech and very computer savvy young talents
Cons
could use more "seasoned" or older talents for balance
wonderful experienc
Store Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 30, 2016
working for google express was a wonderful experience its a good job to have with wonderful compensation an d benefits the advancement opportunities is phenomenal but job security is not as good as everything else
Amazing place to work
Staffing Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 29, 2016
I worked on a contract at Google for 1.5 years and it was better than I could have imagined. Free food, free gym, great facilities, and amazing people. I would go back in a heart beat if there was a Philadelphia location.
Pros
Free breakfast/lunch/dinner, free onsite gym, great culture
Cons
No healthcare benefits to temps, temps not able to go to same events or participate in the same functions as full-time employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3