Google

Google Employer Reviews

Great Workplace
GSX Lead (Current Employee), Mountain View, CaDecember 30, 2013
A typical day is 9-5 and the workplace is positive. The hardest part of my job is being recognized. The most enjoyable part of my job is the freedom the position gives me.
Fun workplace and Professional work environment
Oracle SCM Analyst (Current Employee), Mountain View, CADecember 29, 2013
Good company to work with.
Its a fun place and will enjoy working in a professional environment.
Great Place to work
Studio Production Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 26, 2013
Pros: free food. great hours
Google is a great place to work. A lot of great people and there is so much to learn.
Great office geared toward young individuals
Account Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 20, 2013
Pros: perks, food, bonuses, gifts, flexible work schedules
Cons: limited work/life balance, expected to work on paid holidays, little advancement opportunities, very competitive culture
The culture is great for those who are young and without families. However, as you get older, work/life balance becomes increasingly important and doesn't exist here. Google treats employees very well. Since there's little room for advancement in the company, the culture is very competitive and it's not unheard of having colleagues throw you under the – more... bus to get a one-up on promotions. – less
Great Place to work
Large Customer Sales (LCS), Big Box Vertical (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 19, 2013
Google has a good culture and some very smart people. Make sure you know what you want and go for it.
self motivated as online work,
Italian Ads quality rater (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 17, 2013
Pros: work from home on your own time and schedule
metrics are counting how many ads are viewed in an hour, fast paced environment! i learned to work with other invisible co-workers as never meet them personally but can help each other through the internet.
Copy Editor, Google Shopping Catalog Operations (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 11, 2013
Pros: free food, nice work environment
Cons: engineering & computer science backgrounds are prized, while liberal arts/social sciences don't carry the same weight here.
Terrific place to work--great perks & good people.
In terms of work-space environment, Google stands head and shoulders above the rest.
The best company to work for many years in row
Sr. Strategist (Former Employee), Mountain View, CADecember 4, 2013
This is a great company with an amazing culture and interesting work
Fun and fast paced
Senior Solutions Consultant, gTech Ad operations (Current Employee), Mountain View, CANovember 30, 2013
Great place to work, fast-paced and results-driven culture.
Self-Management driving and mapping roads
City Driver (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXNovember 24, 2013
Fun job and company to work for while attending college mostly enjoyed being apart of the Google team.
Great Benefits
Campaign Analyst (Current Employee), Celebration, FLNovember 22, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Great benefits at Google. Hard to stand out due to large amount employees. The culture is very diverse. Lots of incredibly smart people to learn from.
Productive working in a team.
Database Specialist (Former Employee), Bothell, WANovember 7, 2013
Instrumental role in database development and optimization for the Google Maps application. Analyzed the application to identify and resolve issues. Drove initiatives to improve direction routing functionality and quality in alignment with Google’s high standards for quality control. Collaborated with team members to document application improvements – more... and track project progress. Reviewed individual and peer efforts for compliance with quality standards – less
Enjoyable with ping pong table
Google (Former Employee), Bedford, MANovember 4, 2013
Pros: pleasent atmosphere
Cons: short term temporary employment
Hands on motivated with quota objective met. Interaction with minorities enjoyable and a learning experience.
Great Job.
Street view/City Block Driver (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 2, 2013
A fine time working with professional equipment and teamembers.
Best Place Ever
Culinary Extern (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAOctober 26, 2013
To put extremely simply, there's no point working anywhere else this is the greatest company to work for.
Fun Place, Great Benefits, Watch out for shady managers
Internal Mobility Specialist (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 24, 2013
Pros: free food and drinks all day, tgif drinking fridays
Google lives to the hype in everything but transparency. The food is excellent and free, its fun, but your managers will not tell you if you need to move or if your not performing well. You can lose your job quickly if you aren't aware of what they think about you.
Working at Google is like trying to do your homework in a frat house living room.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: very relaxed environment.
Cons: the google attitude that non phd people were worthless.
Don't get me wrong. Most of the people I met and worked with and around were very nice. ALL WERE TERRIBLY SMART!

More than a few (management) seemed to look down their noses at me because I didn't have multiple PhD degrees. It was as if my 44 years of Computing experience was of no value.

I was constantly musing to myself the things that parents tell – more... their kids. "Don't run in the house!" "Pick up your room!" "Inside voices!"

I was almost run down by someone RUNNING down the stairs. They whipped around the corner and there I was.

I did EXCELLENT WORK at Google and asked frequently for rate increases. ALL were declined.

Most of my friends were working in the kitchen (contractors).

There are three classes of "Citizens" at Google. #1 - employees, #2 - interns, #3 - everyone else.

Employees were ALLOWED to bring their dogs to work... so one would walk the hallways and be confronted by a barking/growling dog! – less
Amazing work environment
Candidate Host(Contract) (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAOctober 17, 2013
Google is an amazing place to work with quiet work areas , great cafes and great ways to relax and decompress.
Creative, innovative, fun and comfortable place to work
Partner Development Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches, awesome benefits, lots of micro kitchens, comfortable work place
Cons: non-competitive salaries, long hours
Google has been the best working experience I've had by far. Every day I'm surrounded by motivated, intelligent and fun-loving people who together create a momentous atmosphere of goal-driven innovation, and creativity. During my time here, I've learned many new skills which helped drive our business in a variety of ways. It's definitely not a 9-5 job, – more... and there are quarterly crunches to tackle in an ever-changing industry which are some of the hardest parts of the job. However what I've enjoyed most is the opportunity to work with such incredibly smart, hard working and collaborative people, as well as the ability to gain skill sets in areas both relevant to my job, and beyond. – less
Leader of Corporate Dining
EXECUTIVE CHEF (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAOctober 7, 2013
Making awesome food for awesome people!!! What else can you say, working at Google is everyone's dream job and working in the kitchens is no exception.

About Google

Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. At Google, we know that every employee has something – Read more