Google Employee Reviews in United States

Learned a lot during this internship
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 9, 2016
Learned a lot during this internship, was a fun place to work at with good work life balance.

food and daily perks were amazing.
Fun and New
Courier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at Google Express consisted of going to the pick up location at the beginning of my shift to meet my driver for the shift. I learned how to use my phone to scan parcels and confirm deliveries via the GSX app. Management was reasonable and considerate and very willing to help me and my co workers in anyway they could. The most enjoyable part of the was being outside and interacting with different people everyday.
Pros
No one pushing you to do your job
Cons
Occasionally it was hard to find places to use the bathroom or park to take lunch.
Really fun
Staff Writer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2015
Google is an amazing company, thoroughly devoted to insuring that its employees are both happy and productive. Free lunches, standing desks, fun events and great training opportunities. There's a palpable, youthful energy buzzing throughout the building, and that made it unique.
Fun Workplace, Great Work-Life Balance
Lead Quantitative Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 29, 2015
Google is just an amazing place to work.
People are so driven on the product side. They are bright. They want to truly change the world.
Great Employees to work with
Lead Technician on Installation Crew (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 27, 2015
very steady , always a learning process new process , learning and discovering new ways to achieve customer satisfaction
Courier
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 25, 2015
This place helped my custormer skills develop and it was really enjoyable to work with my co-workers. My typical day would start by coming to a location and calling my dispatch that I'm here.
Great company - chaotic and disconnected division/team
Curriculum Manager/Training Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 16, 2015
I worked for the Google Technical Consumer Support (gTech). While Google promotes several laudable characteristics - support for the individual, encouraging innovation and independent thinking - I did not witness this in my environment. There was much in-fighting - often erupting in open fights and crying. It was a very stressful and unpleasant work environment.
Pros
Great compensation package, on-site perks (lunches, massages, team events)
Cons
You'll need those perks because you'll never go home, team in-fighting, poor work/life balance
productive
Sr. Tableau Developer/ Sr. Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 16, 2015
good place to learn ,good perks
friendly management , challenging job , helping to coworkers, the most enjoyable part of the job
Great temporary position
Hub Operator (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 14, 2015
Great team free lunch bicycles paid weekly relaxed work environment
hard to move up in company bad communication with management
The Best you can ever imagine
PDM/PLM Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 11, 2015
Best company to work in the world.
My dream is to get a full-time status.
Great company to learn more about many aspects technical, social, non -technical, etc.
Cons
This is a work at home opportunity
Search Engine Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 7, 2015
I make my own hours, work whenever and wherever I want. Pay is good for a work at home opportunity -- In fact, the best on the internet.
Independence at it's finest
LBR Rep (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 7, 2015
Canvas local businesses to find the following: Type of business, services offered, hours of operation, and current picture of the store and update/upload the information to Google via the LBR interface. Then approach the business owner/manager to offer free listing on Google Maps. If they were interested then leave them a card explaining that they would receive a postcard in the following week that would have a phone # & web address and a conformation code. They owner/manager would call or log on enter the confirmation code; Then confirm and/or edit the information that I had uploaded as to take "ownership" of the Google Map listing of their business
Pros
Independence and autonomy
Cons
Great place to work but increasingly corporate
Business Development Lead (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 4, 2015
Google is a great place to work if you want job security and a high paying salary. Your team is usually a 6:1 ratio with manager. However given Google's growth, the company is increasingly becoming large and corporate minimizing innovation in the business unit of Google.
Pros
Free Lunches, Work-Life Balance
Cons
Managers vary greatly
Exciting and challenging place to work
Fulfillment Lead (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2015
Fun and professional team that gets things done. Many opportunities to change work environment. Business oriented. Self management, if you willing to work there is lots to learn and grow.
Pros
opportunities
Cons
healthcare
Great place to get valuable experience
District Lead / Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 2, 2015
I enjoyed working for Google Express because of the valuable experience I collected. I learned how to successfully manage a team of 20+ employees. Management worked hard to insure we had everything we needed to be successful. I enjoyed my co-workers because they came from different backgrounds and brought something different to the table in terms of experience.
Pros
Valuable experience and team building skills, Free food on Google campus.
Cons
Contract (2 years max)
Director/Cinematographer
Director of Film (Current Employee) –  Canton, MINovember 30, 2015
Create short films, manage large groups of people to collaborate ideas, write scripts, film and direct each video. My films have generated over 25 million views
Fun place to work with a lot of room for improvement
GOOGLE ADWORDS ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MINovember 29, 2015
The company that I work for is Infinity Contact. We are contracted by Google so we do not actually work for Google. We are in the atmosphere however, we do not experience any of the Google benefits.
Pros
Free Snacks.
Cons
Short Breaks, Contracted.
Google
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2015
Worked with Google's mapping department to develop Google Indoor by collecting field data.
Digitized floor plans
Coordinated logistics for areas surveyed.
Developed methods of collection to optimize results
Pros
Long Hours
Cons
Free flights
productive
Street View/City Block Driver (Former Employee) –  dallas,texasNovember 23, 2015
driving software engineer and also multi tasking it was not great because job security is not great but overall a great company because google is a world known company
Pros
company car, company CC, company phone
Cons
assignment could end at anytime
Great company
Intern (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 20, 2015
Fantastic work environment and flexibility. Multi cultural backgrounds and endless career opportunities in the work field.

4.3