Goose Creek CISD Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Fast paced
Summers off
Paid vacation time
Good set of people to work with
It can be fun when working with students
You can make a big change in lives of students
benefits
Cons
long hours after work
Professional and friendly
Educational Diagnostician (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 24, 2017
GCCISD operated within a professional setting, with good and adequate pay. Management did not appear to be consistent, but was able to continue to steer the department on a professional level.
Fun working environment
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 9, 2017
My position included watching kids in an after school program. We alloyed time for homework, a snack, a group activity, and then physical activity outside or in the gym. Everyday was new and exciting, the greatest part was watching the students grow and learn.
Pros
Impact on the next generation
Cons
Short hours
Great learning center for your kids.
Child Care Teacher (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 1, 2017
At this center our main focus is keeping the children safe, having a healthy environment, & of course expanding our kids way of thinking to prepare them for the next level which is kindergarten.
Middle School Language Arts Teacher (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 26, 2017
I really like the people I work with at GCCISD, there is so much opportunity for job advancement and everyone that you work with is very supportive of that.
Pros
everything else
Cons
insurance is pricey
Pay doesn't reward your work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 9, 2017
This company will tell you that you are getting paid the big bucks, but in reality you are only getting paid minimum wage for full time work. Not the best company to work for at all.
Working with students of all ages in a learning environment
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 6, 2017
Depending upon the age group you were working with on any given day determined weather an easy rel;axed day to a stressful day. I love children and enjoyed helping them learn something new every time I entered the classroom. The other teachers are most helpful.
Pros
To make learning an interesting part of the student's day
Cons
the interruptions caused by a dew troubled children which disrupted class time
Great District to work for
Math Teacher (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 3, 2017
Great opportunity throughout District. No one to micromanage it is about helping the kids.
Open door policy for most campuses and a strive to be the best District in the State. Will do whatever is necessary to give students every opportunity to be successful.
Currently moving to become more digital since that is the way the culture we live in is currently heading.
good company
BUS MONITOR (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 22, 2017
I loved working for this school district.. friendly people and great atmosphere.

they made me feel like i matter and made me feel like my opinion mattered
Not much room for advancement
Campus Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Need restructuring on the campus level. Poor management. Rewards working with students . The students are what make educators get up and go to work, they are such a joy to work with.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Micro management principal
Great place. If you have kids and love children this can be a great way to spend more time with the kiddos.
Transportation (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 6, 2016
Working with GCCISD gave me a great opportunity to be with my children and husband during the holidays and more. While my kids where in class i was in class working towards my GEEd.Also working towards my Medical Assistance. Program. Therefore GCCISD have helped my accomplished many of my goals. Today I am currently going to Lee College to complete my Safety Management course. The time in between my bus routes and time off for the summer gave me more opportunity then any other job. I got to meet new people and new students. Had the chance to help many of my students. I have worked for children of 16 years driving a school bus and that have been the high light of my life.
Pros
More time with family, and full time have ok benifits.
Cons
It depends on how you feel. For me no cons only pros if you look on the brighter side of everthing.
Teaching students
1st grade teacher (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 6, 2016
Morning duty monthly, get to work before students and watch them in their holding areas till teachers get their classes.
Afternoon duty is daily.
Work hours are 8 hours daily from 7:30 am to 3:45 pm. I normally stay till 6 or 7:30 pm, getting things prepared or changing things to accommodate the situations that have changed in the classroom.

Students eat breakfast in the classroom.
Start teaching
Constantly stop to redirect behaviors
Accelerated Instruction Time (small group tutoring)
Lunch 30 minutes
Recess 15 minutes
Go back to the classroom teach for an hour
Go to specials (P.E., Art, Music)
Go back to class teach for an hour then start cleaning up for dismissal.

The toughest part about teaching is managing 20-23 different behaviors and personalities, all while trying to invest in their learning and help them grow mentally. Teaching them how to problem solve independently.

The most enjoyable part about teaching are the aha/light bulb moments. When students start to click and get what they were struggling with. When it's not so frustrating for them and their confidence is boosted. Having students tell you they love you or that your the best teacher they've ever had.

I learned that no matter what the situation is there is a way to overcome it with positive vibes.
Pros
Great benefits and coworker relationships, get to know some great students.
Cons
Sometimes more stressful than rewarding.
Productive and Educational
Associate teacher (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 27, 2016
A typical work day for me is redirectiong inappropriate behaviors giving constant reaccurance of one ability to achieve and overcome changes within a day.
Pros
Seeing the childrens faces when they have completed a task
Cons
short breaks
For retirees
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 27, 2015
This job is good for someone who is retired and looking to stay busy. And single parents looking for a job that allows them have a schedule around their kids who are in school.
The teachers are very polite
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 7, 2015
Good place to work, just wish the pay was higher. I enjoy working with the kids and gives me something to do during the day while I continue my job search.
Great Company to work for!
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 23, 2015
They work with you if you need time off or if you need more hours. They gave me my route and I monitored the kids on the bus and assist the driver.
Enjoyed going to work!
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 14, 2015
Had a great time working with the students and staff and watching their progress through out the school year. They work great together and put the students success before their own.
people are nice to work with
Pre-Kindergarten Aide (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 2, 2015
I have done various jobs on several campuses and have never been asked to do anything that I wouldn't or couldn't. I have typed curriculum, substituted for secretaries and lately I worked in the payroll department for almost two years while going through a soft ware conversion.
Pros
mostly fast paced jobs
Cons
having parents pop in unexpectedly
Very busy and fast paced enviroment
Special Education Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 19, 2015
A typical work day would be a mixture of meetings, scheduling meetings, and processing confidential information for our state records. I have learned great work ethics and organization skills that will be a great benefit for another company. At the end of the day management and co workers were great especially when doing the hardest part of my job which was making sure each students individual education plan meetings where held in a organized timely manner according to our compliance calendar (which we were always at 100%). The most enjoyable part of my job was watching the students succeed and getting to know the life working with diagnosticians, LSSP's, SLP's, and many more.
Pros
Paid gas, school schedule, Hours, office
Cons
pay.
A School District With a New Leader
Teacher/Coach (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 14, 2015
The last Superintendent and the new Superintendent are making positive changes in culture and how day to day operations are handled.
Pros
New Superintendent