Gopher Electronics is a Stocking Distributor of Interconnect, Passive and Electro-Mechanical Components, whose motto is “Providing Distribution Solutions”. Our Product Line focus includes the following: Sensors, Switches, Fans & Blowers, Connectors, Cable and Wire, Circuit Breakers, Circuit Protection, Fuses, Heat Shrink, LEDs, Lamps, Potentiometers, Power Supplies, Relays, Transformers and Terminal Blocks.
In addition, we offer Gopher Custom Solutions which offers manufacturing and value added services like design assistance, drawing and spec development, prototyping & testing. Our Custom Solutions includes the following: Custom Cable Assemblies, Custom Box Build, Din Rail Assemblies, Flat Flexible Cable Assembly, Fan Assemblies, Flexstrip Jumpers, Membrane Switch Termination, Panel Build, Printed Circuit Termination, Sensor and Switch Assemblies.
The optimal candidates for the manufacturing field sales representative will have a strong technical IP&E background and deep knowledge of the market and customer base. You will be responsible for establishing and developing new customers while maintaining and enhancing current customer relationships. This individual must be proficient in identifying customer problems and/or opportunities and provide solutions from Gopher’s distinctive product offering and manufacturing / value added assembly capabilities.
1. Persuasively pursue New Business Opportunities (NBO’s) from present and prospective customers while maintaining existing business. Inform them of available solutions to fulfill their requirements.
2. Profitably increase the sales volume of assigned accounts. Strive to achieve corporate profit goals. Continuously seek new customers.
3. Work as a team with Inside Sales and GCS (Gopher Custom Solutions) personnel to develop and service mutual opportunities. Follow through on sales opportunities generated by internal marketing programs and leads provided by our manufacturers. Assist in developing sales forecasts, target accounts and territory forecasts.
4. Work competently with company systems. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is expected. Maintain up-to-date customer records in: CRM , email, and Gopher Electronics systems. Continually look for improvements in customer service and solutions.
5. Listen to customer feedback courteously. For customer issues, professionally attempt to resolve in an acceptable manner to the customer and the Company. Inform management as needed.
6. Attend and enthusiastically participate in sales meetings and training sessions.
7. Close open opportunities.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, and EXPERIENCES:
1. At least five years of successful experience in working in a sales position requiring customer visits and outbound calling on manufacturers.
2. Experience and understanding of manufacturing processes and technical documentation.
3. Mechanical aptitude with the drive to know how things work.
4. Organized with demonstrated ability to work independently.
5. Competitive by nature with a strong desire to win new business.
6. Confident in situations requiring meeting new people and establishing rapport.
7. Good at working with others in a team to achieve goals.
8. Four year college degree is desired.