Gopher Sport Employee Reviews

Positive team oriented environment
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJune 21, 2017
Managers are very supportive and care about their employees. We had weekly team meetings as well as a monthly company meeting. Metrics are used to ensure team members stay on track and are working towards company goals. We have various team building activities throughout the year, including a company wide outing in the summer, and a holiday party in the winter. Breaks are highly encouraged throughout the day.
Pros
Fun activities throughout the year, Team atmosphere, supportive managers
Great option for remote workers
Contract Copywriter (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 17, 2017
Excellent communication. Fun work to complete if you love sports. As an ex-athlete, it was cool to write copy about products that I had used in my sports career. Overall fun job.
Pros
Easy to talk to managers
Cons
Payment was not on time in the beginning of the contract
we had a very good work environment
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNApril 25, 2017
I was a quality control inspecter and all of the employees worked together. I learned a job that I wasn't familar with and had fun doing it.
Even though there were some long days they went by fast as we all worked had but also still had fun.
productive workplace and great co-workers
Bid Coordinator / Sales (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMarch 13, 2016
Gopher sport is a great place to work. Co-Workers are friendly and fun. Good productive work environment. Only down side is that its located in Owatonna.
Supportive and Fun Work Environment
International Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMarch 12, 2016
Great product, great team, great customers. You get out what you put in at Gopher Sport. It's a small company so opportunities for long term growth are somewhat limited. The headquarters is located in Owatonna, MN, a small town, and the company compensation is reflective of rural/small town living.
good workplace
Bid Coordinator / Sales (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMarch 6, 2016
learned a lot about sales and sales tactics
Great Management team
room for growth
Fun Coworkers
The company cares about physical education and health
fast paced fun environment
Warehouse Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJanuary 28, 2016
this company is definitely a good company to work for they work well with employees and will consistently try to work with you to make any adjustments that need to be made
very productive, great company to work for
Inventory Planner / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMay 12, 2015
A productive environment to work in with plenty of support and encouragement to do your job and to learn and grow in to other positions. Management is supportive and will listen when you need them to. competitive benefits and slightly lower than average salary for the jobs. Only major drawback is that the company has gotten to expect people to put in overtime more than is actually healthy.
Pros
travel, projects, healthcare
Cons
hours, short/no breaks
Fun place to work
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJanuary 30, 2015
It was a lot of fun to work here. I enjoyed the positive atmosphere and the interaction with coworkers and it kept me going even when deadlines were tight and stress was high.
Energetic and Fun
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNOctober 23, 2014
Gopher Sport has an energetic and fun workplace with an upbeat corporate culture.
Not What I Expected
Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMarch 12, 2014
I was hired for one job and quickly realized it was completely different - and the work of 3 people. I felt I was expected to stay late/work extra on a weekly basis, as the workload was so intense. Not what I expected at all. They are in bad need of assistants and/or a project manager or two...as a few of the departments in corporate are so busy. The processes are archaic and inefficient in the merchandising/advertising/marketing areas. The people were friendly though, when they had time to be...
Hardest part of the job was handling all the different hats I had to wear and workload. Most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that it's a cool concept for a company with fun products and they're expanding.
Pros
Managers seemed intelligent, friendly co-workers, quiet environment, good solid benefits
Cons
Sweat shop, heavy workload, low to mid pay level, lack of efficiencies and project managers to help with processes
Very busy and a great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNFebruary 18, 2014
I answered phones, took orders and complaints about products. Instead of having to write the orders out on paper and then put them into the computer. I started to put them in the computer when the customer was on the phone. It saved time for both myself and the customer, when they wanted a total after writing out three pages of products, I wouldn't have to put them on hold for a long period of time, it was right in the computer, that way I could give them the total at the end of the phone call.
Management and my co-workers were fine. There will be conflicts with people but you need to learn to talk things out and compromise.
I was at this company for almost 20 years and you were always learning something new. I really enjoy that part of my job, I love learning new things.
Pros
You received presents at Christmas, Your Work Anniversary and also your birthday.
Cons
There really wasn't any, this was a great job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gopher Sport. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2