Gordmans

Gordmans Employer Reviews

Growing Company
LOSS PREVENTION LEAD (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 10, 2014
It is a place where everything is constantly changing and allows room to grow
basic retail company
Guest Services (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 8, 2014
Pros: decent job for part time
Cons: rude co-workers & management-low pay
Alot of snobby high school employee's. Management wasn't run well either. Not high enough pay for the Guest Services and all they have to do
They have plenty pitch ins and employee appreciation
Sales Rep/Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch sometimes
Cons: short lunches
I loved helping customers and working hard making sure displays and the store stayed clean and correct. I enjoyed opening the store or staying late to help out with cleaning.
productive fun never boring
Stocker (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IASeptember 25, 2014
I liked unloading trucks unpackaging everything I like meeting new people everyday liked working with customers helping them out
Was a good job but unfair
Count in Lead (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: awesome employees
Cons: short breaks
I loved what I did at this job except the hours were uneven so I didnt get alot of time with my kids for I am a single mom but I loved what I did while I was there.
I had fun working at Gordmans.
Cashier/ Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Rock Road Wichita, KsSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: good discount
Cons: hard floors
I had a great time working at Gordmans for Seasonal help in 2012. Supervisor Mrs. Theresa was very nice/fair at the N. Rock Rd. location. Co-workers were nice and helpful, we all got along. I learned how to restock, cashier computer program, interface with the guest. The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet for long periods of time. I did – more... enjoy talking to the guest in my line at the front of the building, and helping them to save money. – less
fun place to work
Customer service Representative (Former Employee), Woodbury, MNSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: fun place relaxing
Cons: need more rotation of employee
I good atmosphere for the retail business it gives a relaxed atmosphere and a variety of areas to work in.
Great job
Cashier/ Stock Room Associate (Former Employee), Evansville, INSeptember 10, 2014
Managers aren't very enjoyable but the job itself is great. A typical day was unloading the truck, cutting the boxes open and putting merchandise on racks for floor employees to recover.
was an excelent place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nampa, IDSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: great place to work, an amazing proud company that treats employees great.
Cons: i only worked 4 hrs a few days of the week.
the boss, leads, an coworkers were amazing. everyone got along an had little conflic. all employees helped customers out any way they could and helped in the different departments. I learned how the organization of the store was set up and how they determine what goes on the floors to be sold. everyone I worked with was friendly. in all i would recommend – more... anyone to work here. They are a proud company and treat employees great. – less
production
good hours
/.......................
Great experience!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Machesney Park, ILAugust 13, 2014
Great team work, awesome management, and the hardest part of this job was working on a Black Friday but I got it through the day just fine! I enjoyed it very much!
FUN , PEACEFUL ,
Cashier (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 10, 2014
During my employment with this company I enjoyed every minute of it. The employee's as well as the supervisor here really work hard to make sure you are comfortable and very knowledgeable about items in the store . GREAT place to work if you love giving great customer service !!! By far the BEST job I've ever held .
Depends on locations
Cashier (Former Employee), Roseville, MNAugust 9, 2014
Pros: easy online scheduling system
Cons: not flexible, little hours, low pay/pay incentives, no advancements
Gordmans is a hit or miss in terms of who your managers and coworkers are.
Terrible company to work for!
Sales Associate/Service Desk Representative (Former Employee), Evansville, INAugust 3, 2014
Cons: everything
Cleaning up disaster with no assistance and little direction

Management there is TERRIBLE they do not care

Co workers all have a terrible attitude because of the terrible pay and lack of team work.

The job wasnt hard but it was never ending and always one disaster after another due to the fact management sat in the office all day and didnt care to – more... help.

Most enjoyable part of the job... when the day was over and i was able to walk out of the doors for the day! – less
It's Okay for a first job
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 30, 2014
Pros: okay pay
Cons: never getting a raise
Its a okay job but most of the people who work there don't want to work. I feel like company is all about money and not about the people who work for it.
Fast Past Fun Workplace
Department Lead Associate (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJuly 16, 2014
Pros: employees, pot locks, discount
I love working at Gordmans its a family away from home. The employees are great and just being able to brighten someones day by being able to find them something they have been looking for at such a great price is a good feeling. It gets hectic sometimes during the holiday but it is always a great time. There is never a dull moment and things are always – more... changing so there is no getting bored shopping or working here. – less
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Independence, MOJuly 11, 2014
Handling check, cash, credit purchases. Credit card sales. Overseeing multiple associates.
Productive, customer friendly and fun
Key/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great discount and fun work environment
Cons: confrontation with customers
A typical day at work: Offering great amount of customer service, organization structure of clothing, money management and employee empowerement to promore sales as well as exceptional customer service.
What I have learned: It's the little things that make the big difference.
Managment: Great role models, hardworking as well as fun
Co-workers: Great – more... team players
The hardest part of the job: Prevention of loss/stealing
The most enjoyable part of the job: The job itself and people that I work with. – less
Fun and Trendy working environment
Cashier, Floor Lead (Former Employee), Evansville, INJune 25, 2014
Pros: store discount
Cons: low hours
On a day to day basis, I cleaned throughout the day after shoppers. I learned that if you take a large job and take it in different steps it is much easier to handle than trying to handle one huge job alone. The best part of this job was getting to meet new people every day.
Great for retail experience
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), Bellevue, NEJune 22, 2014
Pros: discounts, customers, co-workers
Cons: closing
My typical day would include me to go through my different departments such as home, and Men's to ensure that all items were in place and looked presentable to the customers. I learned a bit of the retail business on how they market their clothing and using a cash register or to do money count. Management interact with the employees during and after – more... the shifts. Easy to talk to, and the co-workers were the same. We worked together as a team to get our job done. The hardest part of the job was cleaning up at the end to close shift and the most enjoyable part was meeting the different customers that come in through the store. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Gordmans

Midwestern shoppers head to Gordmans Stores for deeply-discounted fashionable apparel and home d√©cor. The¬†department store chain – Read more

Gordmans Photos