Gordmans

Gordmans Employee Reviews

has been great experience
Junior Misses Lead Keyholder (Current Employee), Machesney Park, ILAugust 22, 2015
Pros: fun fast moving
Cons: poor communication
Great busy and work with great people. This is a very fast paced environment and a customer driven business. Very much a team concept where everyone tries to help everyone .
Guest Services Associate/Stocker (Current Employee), Guest Services and stock roomAugust 19, 2015
Loved the employee discount. Could use more hours. Spend most of my check on Gordman's items because the selection is awesome.
very rude place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Westminster, COAugust 10, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: horribe management
There management was all over the place did not care to train anyone other employees had to help each other and if that was wronged we would get yelled at even though we asked for help plenty of times. All the management did was seat down all day and would not have a kind word to say but behind our back they would talk stuff
I need a new job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Okemos, MIAugust 9, 2015
Pros: 20% employee discount
Cons: low pay and no hours
You don't what your job will be until you get to work because they don't assign you where you were hired for.
I learned not to tell anyone anything because they will hold it against you. Management is nice to you to your face. Co-workers are nice until you make them mad. The hardest part of working here is being belittled and not being treated fairly. I don't enjoy my job.
If you like being told what to do by people not in charge and favoritism.
Poor management made working there a nightmare
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Fun work environment, good amount of breaks
Cons: Not many work hours given, poor management
Coworkers made the day fun and interesting, but management was below average. Management would talk down to employees and were always very rude and unpleasant to work with. The job itself is relatively simple and I actually enjoyed coming to work.
Great Company
Sales (Current Employee), Woodbury MNAugust 6, 2015
I love working for Gordmans, you get to see new product and work with great people. You get a great 20% discount. You get to have almost any day you need off. Its a fast pace enviorment and sometimes you may need to work longer then asked.
Fun friendly workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Okemos, MIAugust 5, 2015
I'd come into work and clock in and then figure out my duty for the day and when my break times are and begin my duty.
Loved being able to walk into work with a smile on my face ready to work.
The management and co-workers are very nice and enjoyable to work with on a daily basis.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with our guests and co-workers.
Fast paced atmosphere with high expectations
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Average to good benefits
Cons: Short staffed
Great starting point for a career, good learning curve. But be prepared to search for advancement and education opportunities on your own.
GREAT PLACE
Cashier (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 27, 2015
GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Friendly staff, great managers, great enviornment.
loved working here!
just doesnt give enough hours and the pay isnt that great!
long stressful, but love the people i worked with, and helped!
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Midvale, UTJuly 25, 2015
Pros: friendly customers
Cons: short breaks, no interaction from manager
the management was awful, they didn't pay enough.
they had me work 9 hour days, just to treat me bad. I loved working with the customers, and my co workers, they always made me happy.
Boring workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Nampa, IDJuly 19, 2015
Pros: 15 minute break required by law
Cons: Short breaks
I didn't learn anything out of the ordinary and each day was the same. It's not a job with any challenges or strategies. Very mundane with little room for advanement.
cashier
Sales Floor Representative (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILJuly 9, 2015
salefloor rep and folder clothes answering the phones and help guest when they were in need of help also my coworkers i were also a cashier
Fun, Exciting atmosphere to work in
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Nampa, IDJuly 5, 2015
A typical day in my shoes at Gordmans includes Putting merchandise away (re-shop/returns), Recovering the departments as to making them look nice and appealing to the guest's eye. I also run a cashier when busy and do all things cashiers do. I also Clean up messes, answer guests questions and greet them as I see them!
Fun place to work
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 3, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: the pay
Lots of hard work and the pay is not so great, but the co-workers made it fun. Lifting heavy boxes and lots of climbing on latters.
okay company to work for
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJune 30, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: terrible raises, not much room for advancement
lots of work to be done, managers don't help out when needed at this specific location. Althought my coworkers were awesome to work with
Productive and friendly environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cordova, TNJune 30, 2015
A typical day at work consists of unloading and processing new merchandise. The management is good. The hardest part of the job is getting everything done in a short amount of time.
Fun, friendly, helpful place of employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Des Moines, IowaJune 27, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
I greeted and assisted customers throughout the store. I managed money through the register and stocked racks and shelves when needed. My coworkers were young and full of energy, never a dull moment. The store manage was awesome. Fun, inviting, and flexible to her employees needs. The hardest part of the job was black Friday. The most enjoyable part of my job was I always had something to do and working around others that I enjoyed.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Blue Springs, MOJune 25, 2015
Pros: great experience
Cons: short breaks, most time is speant alone, little to no training
The work environment wasn't the best, but over all it was a pretty fun place to work. There was little to no training so one had to teach themselves the ways around. the people were super helpful though! everyone kind of helped each other out. it was not an easy adjustment but the staff helped a lot due to lack of management.
Customer service based, fast-paced, productive and friendly environment
Guest Service and Shoe Department Associate (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJune 25, 2015
Pros: Friendly work environment, and I learned be responsible for a department on my own.
Cons: variations in scheduling, compensation did not match the amount of responsibiltes required for the job
I was responsible for operating the guest service desk which required handling all customer complaints and issues as well as overseeing the lane cashiers and providing them with assistance. I was also a lead in the shoe department helping customers on the floor, as well as merchandising new products.
Pleasant
Cashier, Floor Associate (Current Employee), Mentor, OHJune 22, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is greeting and helping my guest with any help they would need. Love the co-workers and my management staff.