Gordmans Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 25, 2017
Good company to work for. Has good work life balance and decent benefits and compensation. It has changed a lot since I first came on board and more changes to come for sure with the new company.
Driving Guest Service and Team being like family
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 25, 2017
A typical day would be how as a Team we could drive our business by ensuring that we delivered a brand standard store with great Guest service. Worked on training and developing leadership and all associates to standards by making it fun. Most enjoyable part of working for Gordmans is being part of a family type company.
Gone :(
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKMay 24, 2017
Nothing wrong with the store it just closed. Left me and my coworkers without jobs here. Don't know what else to say but it said there was a minimum.
Pros
Treated like a family
Cons
Closed
productive and fun workplace
Floor sales (Former Employee) –  Avon, INMay 23, 2017
This is an amazing company to work for. It is a shame that it closed.
I wish I could have worked longer for this company. The staff was like a family. The products sold were quality and for much less money anywhere else.
Pros
positive helpful employees
Enjoyable
Retail, Cashier, Stockroom, Departments (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEMay 23, 2017
* good
* awesome
* fantastic
* wouldn't change a thing
* loved every minute of it
* would like to go back but cant
* great associates
* and amazing friends
Fun workplace and great managers
All Departments (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 23, 2017
great place to work, enjoyed every minute i was there. Managers are very understanding and friendly. It pays well and their is always something to do.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Culture amazing Everything else sucked
Associate/, Part-time (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, IN 47905May 19, 2017
When I worked there from 2011-2016 you had no life outside of work. But the managers were really amazing you could go to them with any kind of problem and they would go out of there way to help you. With that being said there were no benefits and job security was not a thing. The company has changed owners since I have worked there though.
Great place to work and feel like part of a winning team.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMay 18, 2017
Everyday was a learning experience in customer service, Always room for growth, Constructive criticism to delight our guest, The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the changing season decor, The best part if the job is supervisors and peers support you, The feeling that people respect your views and look for ways to help you grow.
Pros
Execllent support between team members, learning from one another in a positive prospective. Being rewarded for hard work and dedication.
Cons
The recovery of the store at the end of a busy night, it can get a bit out of hand.
Poor management and worse environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILMay 16, 2017
In my short career, this was my least favorite place to work. The management is poor, at best, but the environment that the management perpetuates is worse. People don't get fired from this establishment, they get pushed off of the schedule. Staffing is normally under an ideal amount, so the amount of work to be done is unfairly distributed.
Pros
None.
Cons
Just about everything.
An overall fun place too work
Inventory and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon, INMay 14, 2017
I enjoyed the people I got to work with and my time there. However, I did not feel that upper management cared much about keeping employees or giving any incentive for them to stay.
Store is very grate
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 12, 2017
The store is always clean and well maintainded. Fun, Friendly associates as well as helpful. Always have a grate experience each time i walk in the building
Loved Gordmans!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHMay 10, 2017
Great place, great people, reasonable prices and amazing energy. It was easy to get additional shifts and the managers were a pleasure to work with. Favorite place to work so far.
Pros
management and staff were friendly
Cons
nothing worth mentioning
Pretty good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 10, 2017
I liked the people I worked with, and the management was really good. They made sure I got the time off that I needed. I worked a lot of hours and the discount was nice. I liked the store policies and I also got enough breaks in the shift.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Too many christmas season hours
Fun workplace
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 8, 2017
Wasn't a bad job to work at. Love the co workers! Miss working there already! Great benefits just hated working nights and weekends! Really nice job to work at!
productive and fun
Retail Worker / Stock Room (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 8, 2017
typical day at work consisted of me putting out merchandise or giving customer service at the service desk. management was great, always helpful and always took time to appreciate their employees
Pros
great management
Cons
no insurance
stressful
Store Delivery Planner (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 7, 2017
Such poor management here but did have friendly co-workers. Super stressful. I definitely would NOT recommend working here. Only benefit was 3 day weekends.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 7, 2017
We would have a staff meeting and give out projects for the day. Overall it was a good work experience. A great work environment and fun coworkers made the job a great one.
Pros
20% discount for employees
Cons
It was retail and dealing with customers issues
Everything was great until...
Associate Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHMay 2, 2017
I absolutely loved working for Gordmans until they filed for bankruptcy. Company didn't bother to share any info with us, we had to find out online. We found out that our store was closing on the INTERNET. Nobody bothered letting our store know. Not a great ending to a 6 year tenure with the company.
Pros
Ability to promote
Cons
Terrible Communication.
This company is going out of business
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Normal, ILMay 2, 2017
I have enjoyed my time at Gordmans, but it is going out of business. I have been challenged in my job of being a newer Guest Services associate, but I have conquered the task. I will miss working there for quite a few reasons. The people I have worked with have been amazing to get to know.
Managers are like slave drivers
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMay 1, 2017
very fast paced work environment, a lot of gossip, My experience is when i had a very serious family emergency they gave me no slack to take care of my child. Management gives very high expectations and they must be met or there's no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
pot lucks and holiday games
Cons
very clicky, gossip, and management does nothing about it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gordmans. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8