Gordon & Rees LLP Employee Reviews in United States

Fantastic Place to Work
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 1, 2015
My days were filled being part of a wonderful legal team. It was hectic, but enjoyable and I greatly miss them all. Would recommend them to all who are interested. I only left to move back to Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Pros
Wonderful bosses
an experience
Legal Secretary/Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2015
I started out working for two attorneys and left working for four. I heard now they are working for 12-15 attorneys. This is a large firm that has changed since 2009. Many great people left the firm. I feel lucky to have worked with some good people while I (and they) were there.
Pros
worked with some good people
Cons
conditions changed after 2009
Excellent compensation and an extremely employee friendly environment.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 16, 2012
I found this law firm to be very friendly and helpful. They treat all employees with much respect.
Pros
compensation, excellent work atmosphere
Cons
the commute
Busy
Case Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2015
Mon- Fri- On a typical work day phone calls and the number of meetings being taken place can get overwhelming. Paper flow is always constant but never really intense not until Monday.

I usually stay late but no more than three times a week.
Pros
Lunches and short breaks
Cons
Long Hours
Member of a Team
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 6, 2013
When you first start your career with G&R you are told everyone is a member of the team, you soon find out that the politics play a major role in how far you advance, They are so worried about minority hiring, that they over look real talent that is out there. The Southern CA mafia as we like to call it like to call all the shots and are the greedy group of white men you have ever worked with. They only think about themselves, hire family and friends with little to no experience and overlook those who have worked for years trying to make it a better place to work.
Pros
office are in great locations
Cons
lack of leadership, treat support staff like they are expendable and only look out for themselves.
Typical mid-size law firm
Associate Attorney (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2012
Ostensibly national firm with heavy emphasis on California practice, claims to be a "lifestyle" firm yet has a minimum billable hours requirement of 1950 hours per year, without any pro bono or other credit. The people are talented and decent, but the firm does not take significant steps to foster close relationships between colleagues.
I've outgrown my position
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 5, 2014
I've had a great run with G&R, however I feel I've outgrown my positon. Becuase of growth in our office 2 Case workers have been hired taking away some of my duties.
Excellent lawfirm in all respects
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 20, 2012
Excellent lawfirm in all respects. International lawfirm which is very successful in today's striving economy.