Gordon Biersch Employee Reviews

I love this place
Server (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 19, 2017
I love working for Gordon Biersch. The management is organized and the staff is very friendly and all about teamwork. The staff helps run your food and drinks which contributes to an environment of helpfulness. The managers are not overbearing and are easy to approach.
Pros
Decent break
Cons
no free parking
Below standard work place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 25, 2016
I would encourage everyone to restrain from working here as much as you can. I was working at the one in Baltimore and they didn't hold up to anything they said they was going to do when I got hired. If you do work here make sure you have corporate phone number on standby. You will need it. They won't give you a raise but will have you doing jobs that you didn't get hired yo do. For instsnce you will get hired as a dishwasher but they will have u cooking for dishwasher pay.
Pros
There was not any
Cons
The whole management system
not statasfied
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 19, 2016
unprofessional work setting, workers constantly changing, growth opportunity and high wages promised yet never delivered, no lunches are given and breaks are given they are very short
This Company does nothing to promote a encouraging environment for staff or customers.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 12, 2016
As I stated, this company does nothing to create a positive environment. They could do so much MORE!!! In the 4 years I have worked there the turn over in management has caused inconsistencies in product, training, employee reviews and overall customer experience. This restaurant has a high price point. The constant inconsistency has kept this place a Event based restaurant only!! It could and should have regular customers!! Not just large parties due to Events at the Stadium, Hotels and Arena.
Pros
Cons
Low pay. No consistentsy in training. High employee turn over.
Exhibition kitchen
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 3, 2016
Afternoon prep for dinner rush, Sauté station . Worked with an excellent crew and management. Speed and neatness where the goal that was shown and taught to me to get my timing back. Plastic gloves and hot pans make for an interesting situation.
Pros
Great management
Cons
when rush was over tended to be cut.
It was a good work expierience.
Buser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  College Park, GANovember 2, 2016
A typical day would be me cleaning off a table.I learned how important it is to be on time. Management was pleasant and respectful. The best part of this job was my co workers. They made work a breeze everyday.
Fast paced fun environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 18, 2016
Managing multiple staff team members, ordering, inventorying, HR issues and resolutions, customer relations, etc. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing repeat customers come back time and time again to receive great food and outstanding customer seri
Hard Work Pays
Dishwasher/Busser/Cook (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSOctober 7, 2016
5 out of 7 days a week are high volume work, the two days that are not are filled with preparation for the hard work to come. if you wish to begin a career in the restaurant industry, this is not a good place to start, but if you are experienced, this a great job. the management has changed a lot since i began working there, but one thing that has stayed the same is a team environment with transparency at it's forefront. The hardest part of the job is picking up slack for the stereotypical underachievers working alongside you. the most enjoyably part of the job is if you're willing to try your hardest, there is plenty of knowledge and money to be earned.
Pros
free meals, competitive pay
Cons
rarely breaks, staffing issues
Fun environment! Great food!
Sales / Server (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 19, 2016
Their structured work environment, Exceptional Training plan, and Supportive team, really made it easy for me to start my work experience in the Food Industry.
Pros
Great Food and Drinks!
An alright location to work while in school
Head Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 13, 2016
Some of the coworkers were nice, I made a few lasting friendships. That, and maybe the beer knowledge gained were really the only things I enjoyed about the place. Management wasn't very good, they were the main reason I left. I worked really hard, picked up extra shifts, and proved I was worth teaching more, but they didn't ever give me the opportunity to do more. I'm now way more advanced where I am now, their loss.

If the management is the same now at this location, be aware. They play favorites.
Pros
Beer knowledge
Cons
No breaks, underpaid, disrespected
Awesome staff
Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2016
I highly enjoyed my time working at Gordon Biersch. Management was awesome. Too bad the Boca Park location, where I worked, closed down.
Fun place to work at
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 15, 2016
Everyone willing to help each other out.
Very welcome when coming to work
"team work is dream work"
Love the manager
A good place to work at
Pros
Fun
My experience
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 10, 2016
Unfortunately when i worked with the company the managers were overwhelmed and also robbing the company. There was no vacation package or maternity leave.
Cons
no breaks no raises
Fast Paced location
Host, Food Runner, Busser (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 3, 2016
The restaurant has some slow moments but it does get busy and several things happen. Co-workers make sure things run smoothly and guest get the best service.
Flexible work environment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 3, 2016
This is a fast paced bar with a very diverse clientele. Our bar had 25 bar seats. I often worked the bar and service well alone. Our restaurant held 450 seats.
experience working
Sautee' Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2016
Gordon Biersch was a okay place to work. While I was there I managed to teach myself every station including most manager work as well; this includes the grill, the fry station, pantry station, pizza station, sautee station, the dish pit, and even prep. I literally did everything. I was a leader in the kitchen plus a excellent designated trainer for all new kitchen employees. And I did the produce and food truck orders. So while I was I've learned a lot, but I also taught myself a lot more. It was nothing hard about working in the kitchen there because I do my job very well so everything just seem easy. Plus I love a lot of work it keeps me from standing around trying to find something to do. And the most enjoyable thing about working there was just cooking doing something love doing which is cooking.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benefits
great place
Shift leader (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 30, 2015
we have a great staff at the GB making it a fun place to work. with a fast past environment making long days go by really fast plus the cultured atmosphere makes it hard to stay away working or not working.
Pros
its always really busy
Cons
short breaks
Good bunch of employees and a high volume resturaunt
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 1, 2015
Fast paced work environment with high volume, co-workers are very friendly and fun to work with, management is down to earth with realistic expectations, job is demanding especially on the weekends but you are well taken care of by management
Pros
Free meal and felixable schedule
Cons
Needs more employees
Great place to work with even better food
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 26, 2015
Very busy restaurant with rotating menu items. A very eclectic menu which offered a variety of foods to people of all type!

Manager who hired me was great. Other managers were just as awesome.

Working in a fast paced environment everyone was very good about helping each other.

The beer menu and the fact they brewed their own beers in house was a big hit to not only the employees but most all customers.

They're motto was every guest every time and made sure to implement it every time.
A great place to eat, drink, and watch the game for any crowd
Server (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 22, 2015
A highly energetic staff across the bored that works together well. Managers and staff provide exceptional customer service. A day at work consists of hard work, some laughing, and customer satisfaction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gordon Biersch. Our community is ready to answer.

61%