Gordon Biersch Employee Reviews

Not a lot of opportunity for compensation
BREWERY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 7, 2018
A typical day was filling kegs, delivering them, and cross training on brewing beer.
I learned a bit on the brewing process
Management was ok, could of been better
Very relaxed work place
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
Job security is scarce
fun and busy
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 1, 2018
Good and fun people to work with. They had good food and its free one per shift. They have live band Wednesday, and so as the weekend. People love to go there because of good food and fresh beer on the rock
Pros
everyone get along
Cons
old place
Fun place to work
Pantry Chef (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 29, 2017
I love this job, I really do, but the hours are not for me. To make what I need I'd have to work doubles everyday which means going in from 10am-1:30pm then a break until 4 or 5:30 to 8 or 11 pm and I don't leave because I have to pay $3 to park my car with a parking pass. The people are great and the environment is nice but I need a job with set hours, benefits, PTO, and a bigger pay.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long breaks, pay to park, no PTO
worst place to get a job stay away
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  aloha towerDecember 27, 2017
A place where they lie to customers stating that all is crafted in house when instead all is frozen, pre-made, can food, jugs pre-made dressings, even sauces and mash potatoes are purchased pre-made frozen, using frozen fish and selling it for fresh. kitchen is not up to health code, drainage issues, you work and walk in water that comes from bad draining, filthy kitchen, out of temperature food, it is a disaster.
Pros
Cons
poor culture bad food quality, frozen fish
High volume with no growth
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20002December 18, 2017
No opportunity given for advancement in any form, management does not care about any personal issues. Wasn’t even paid enough not even free meals given to any FOH employees...
Pros
Downtown crowd, different culture view
Cons
Horrible team effort, no apathy from managers
Felt like family
Corporate Trainer/Bartender/Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 18, 2017
GBSF was the best service industry position Ive ever had. Great people, great beer and food. The atmosphere was electric and fast paced. I would recommend working for this company.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Fresh brewed Beer smell
Great place to work.
Food and Beverage Server/Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 9, 2017
Overall at Gordon Biersch in Miami was a really good place to work but due to my relocation back to Las Vegas,NV I had to move back due to family issues. They always treated their customers with respect.
Midtown employee, it closed but Buckhead is just as good
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2017
Best job as long as you are a hard worker. Management makes sure you get out what you put in. Your tables notice too. The Buckhead store recently got a new GM that is beyond amazing! Loved working here.
Anywhere but here
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 30, 2017
just a terrible place to work. managers were mean and you had to be on top of everything. too much work and so busy for suck little pay and no good benefits.
Excellent place to work
Busser (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 17, 2017
Great work environment. Friendly staff. Competitve pay. Managers are very easy to work with. Company offers plent of pay raise opportunities. Glad to add this experience to my work historry.
Fun productive
Server (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 10, 2017
amazing people there. learn new things and helps you grow in so many ways. perfect environment if you want to take it too the next level in management or executive chef.
Loved the environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 18, 2017
They have a great training process to ensure you will be able to meet every tables' needs. They also really care about all of their employees. Room for advancement is always an option (and a plus!).
up and down
Cook (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSOctober 2, 2017
The best and worst parts of this job start with how easy going everything is. Music is allowed and many things are not strictly enforced. This can make for an enjoyable workday but also allows lazy people to get away with not completing their tasks which then gets shoveled onto the people who do their job.
High end bar food
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 29, 2017
Gordon Biersch has really good food but alot of the people I worked with had no passion for cooking, the management team was a little to lax in my book, the communication was sparse. Most of my training came from my own will and drive to learn. I did like the general manager i worked with, he was a stand up guy but the executive chef was quite the magician because when I needed him I could never find him.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
poor management
You never know what's coming, but you're always prepared for something.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Do to the location business was rather unpredictable at this restaurant. You typically would always have enough to do to keep busy, though, wether it's actively dealing with customers, servers, or cleaning things. I learned to always be prepared for anything and do your best to stay patient with all other staff members. Management would switch around a lot, the hardest part of this was the lack of communication between them all. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with the inconsistency and lack of punctuality from the servers, and the most enjoyable part was greeting and interacting with wonderful and interesting customers that come in the door everyday.
Pros
You will always be busy
Cons
The managers will always leave you guessing
Gordon Biersch
Server & Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2017
This was a hard job. Most days my feet and back felt 80 years old. I made good money and usually the shifts were easy. I would say I liked my management and the other servers I worked with. And like most servers disliked about 30-50% of customers who came in. The food was great and we often got to sample. We also got a generous employee discount.
Fun staff easy going
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 29, 2017
Gordon Biersch was a nice place to work other than the managment team. The GM was very very difficlut to get along with and it always kinda felt like it was an us against them mentality. Since leaving, they have replaced the whole staff and have heard better things.
Pros
Professional Company standards
Cons
Fun place to work with Great beer and food!
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2017
I've been working at Gordon biersch since October of 2016 .this restaurant has truly become a 2nd home to me I love my co workers and the opportunity for growth within the company.
Pros
Great tips!
Cons
Little to no breaks.
loved it
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 31, 2017
everyone worked as a team, the atmosphere was great. really great food. you don't feel like just another employee, you actually feel valued and part of something great. work was always fun, best job i ever had.
Pros
team work, great management, awesome food
Cons
n/a
Horrible!! Needs new GM!!!
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee) –  Washington Navy Yard, DCJuly 9, 2017
Lack of support from staff and colleagues!! Very nonchalant General Manager!! The Sous Chef has no clue or care for the environment. No one does work!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Horrible attitudes. Management fraternizes with staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gordon Biersch. Our community is ready to answer.