Gordon Biersch Employee Reviews in United States

An alright location to work while in school
Head Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 13, 2016
Some of the coworkers were nice, I made a few lasting friendships. That, and maybe the beer knowledge gained were really the only things I enjoyed about the place. Management wasn't very good, they were the main reason I left. I worked really hard, picked up extra shifts, and proved I was worth teaching more, but they didn't ever give me the opportunity to do more. I'm now way more advanced where I am now, their loss.

If the management is the same now at this location, be aware. They play favorites.
Pros
Beer knowledge
Cons
No breaks, underpaid, disrespected
experience working
Sautee' Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2016
Gordon Biersch was a okay place to work. While I was there I managed to teach myself every station including most manager work as well; this includes the grill, the fry station, pantry station, pizza station, sautee station, the dish pit, and even prep. I literally did everything. I was a leader in the kitchen plus a excellent designated trainer for all new kitchen employees. And I did the produce and food truck orders. So while I was I've learned a lot, but I also taught myself a lot more. It was nothing hard about working in the kitchen there because I do my job very well so everything just seem easy. Plus I love a lot of work it keeps me from standing around trying to find something to do. And the most enjoyable thing about working there was just cooking doing something love doing which is cooking.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benefits
Fun environment! Great food!
Sales / Server (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 19, 2016
Their structured work environment, Exceptional Training plan, and Supportive team, really made it easy for me to start my work experience in the Food Industry.
Pros
Great Food and Drinks!
My experience
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 10, 2016
Unfortunately when i worked with the company the managers were overwhelmed and also robbing the company. There was no vacation package or maternity leave.
Cons
no breaks no raises
Fast Paced location
Host, Food Runner, Busser (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 3, 2016
The restaurant has some slow moments but it does get busy and several things happen. Co-workers make sure things run smoothly and guest get the best service.
Fun place to work at
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 15, 2016
Everyone willing to help each other out.
Very welcome when coming to work
"team work is dream work"
Love the manager
A good place to work at
Pros
Fun
Awesome staff
Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2016
I highly enjoyed my time working at Gordon Biersch. Management was awesome. Too bad the Boca Park location, where I worked, closed down.
Great place to work with even better food
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 26, 2015
Very busy restaurant with rotating menu items. A very eclectic menu which offered a variety of foods to people of all type!

Manager who hired me was great. Other managers were just as awesome.

Working in a fast paced environment everyone was very good about helping each other.

The beer menu and the fact they brewed their own beers in house was a big hit to not only the employees but most all customers.

They're motto was every guest every time and made sure to implement it every time.
Flexible work environment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 3, 2016
This is a fast paced bar with a very diverse clientele. Our bar had 25 bar seats. I often worked the bar and service well alone. Our restaurant held 450 seats.
Good bunch of employees and a high volume resturaunt
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 1, 2015
Fast paced work environment with high volume, co-workers are very friendly and fun to work with, management is down to earth with realistic expectations, job is demanding especially on the weekends but you are well taken care of by management
Pros
Free meal and felixable schedule
Cons
Needs more employees
great place
Shift leader (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 30, 2015
we have a great staff at the GB making it a fun place to work. with a fast past environment making long days go by really fast plus the cultured atmosphere makes it hard to stay away working or not working.
Pros
its always really busy
Cons
short breaks
A great place to eat, drink, and watch the game for any crowd
Server (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 22, 2015
A highly energetic staff across the bored that works together well. Managers and staff provide exceptional customer service. A day at work consists of hard work, some laughing, and customer satisfaction.
Not that great.
Server (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSAugust 4, 2015
Selective, favoritism. Not that professional. Kitchen goes under, every Friday/Saturday night. Self entitled people that are not at all fun to work with.
Pros
1 Cool manager.
Cons
A lot. That's all that needs to be said.
Fun atmosphere, amazing management
Lead host (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 19, 2015
Fun work place, amazing staff, great atmosphere, friendly management. I never dreaded going to work. Friendly clientele, great food also.
Working for GB
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
It's a fun place to work but the pay could be better. I like the management and my team members. They are very flexible with my schedule which is nice. But they really need to raise the minimum wage in Georgia! $2.13 is not acceptable. The uniforms are bad and the food is amazing. It's pretty cool that they brew all their own beer onsite and allow for tours.
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 16, 2014
The teamwork at Gordon Biersch was amazing. Everything went smoothly and work was fun due to the wonderful communication and teamwork displayed there. Management upheld a policy of open communication and did not micro-manage the team. Their trust in the employees allowed for the teamwork to strengthen. I greatly enjoyed working with the public and getting to know the regular guests, building relationships that create a happy and returning guest.
Pros
open communication and teamwork
Cons
all commission
Learned alot about the process of brewing beer and how to pair it with food
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 12, 2012
Gordon Biersch was a very fun job.We had a great team and the managers were wonderful.This was the place that got me interested in learning about beer.I was taught how to pair it with food and to upsell a stout instead of coffee with desert.The hardest part was when the conventions were'nt in town.Being so close to the convention center it was slow on off season.The most enjoyable part was the upbeat team everyone had a great personality and sense of humor.The managers were really funny making them very aprochable.
Pros
amazing team, fun environment
Cons
not enough hours
The best job I've had in years
Server (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSAugust 27, 2014
The co-workers and managment are the best. You stay so busy that time flies. there are obsticles but nothing that cant be easily overcome. Trust and teamwirk make the job most enjoyable for me.
Pros
understanding management staff, 40% employee discount, fun atmosphere, friendly co-workers, fast paced, health benefits
Cons
awkward pay system
The xcitement of working at Gordon Biercsh
line cook,and lead grill man (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 25, 2012
Well i use to come in on time or a little early,to make sure everything i needed to get have a productive night was there! Get my review and kitchen meeting to find out what went on threw the day! And what's expected of me for the even! Then I set my grill up and make sure the rest of line is set up. Also make sure we have a smooth and productive night! The management was the best a kitchen crew could have! Co.wokers was a group of gentlemen that got along and got he job done even though most was spanish speakers! The enjoyable part was cook for the famous people that came threw to enjoy the foods we cooked! to top it off Gordon Biercsh was a fun loving and hard working enviroment!
Pros
the hours they gave and the experience i gain from it!
Cons
workin with spanish speaking only cooks!
Very busy during baseball season
Host (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 15, 2012
I worked as a host and when the games let out, there would be a huge rush. Now there are a lot more restaurants in the area so, I doubt it would be as packed. There was a class action lawsuit against the company involving not giving employees breaks but putting it in the computer that they received one.
Pros
sometimes free dinner
Cons
no breaks; short hours, so little income